Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-09-14 09:51:00 PM

oz

Tea and Scones-REDWALL LOG

***Starts a little earlier when it was just Oz with Xander, then little later Ciocan shows up *******

WHO:

Oz- dibbun son of Xander and Krisha

Ciocan- Badger Lord

Krisha-Badger Mother

Tenzin-Warrior Badger

LOG:

Xander has been working at the pottery wheel for a couple of hours, it's easy enough to make bowls and plates, he has 5 each of those. Mugs on the other hand... a bit harder and always was as he sighs and just smashes the odd looking mug and frowns.   

Oz has escaped the dibbuns and made his way all the way here. He giggles at the sight of clay being smashed as he kind of wobbles and falls, he still is working on the walking skill.   

Xander blinks as he looks over and smiles "Wot are you doing out here?" He smiles and wipes his paws off going over to pick up his son and sits back down"Maybe you need a cane too"He chuckles again.   

Oz giggles again " Dada.." He had yet to say many words, he touches the clay and then shakes his paw crying a little. So clay is odd and seems he dislikes it.   

Xander gets a cloth to clean off Oz's paw and smiles "That's clay...yeah its kind of cold and feels odd huh" He decides a small break be good, he does after all have 5 plates and 5 bowls, and a larger sort of round tray that could be used for serving maybe scones sometime he figured.   

Oz snuggles close and yawns. Isn't too much a dibbun his size really does after all.   

Xander sighs "Wish I could sleep more, this being a novice is a bit more work than I thought it would be, maybe your be a novice one day too....or wield the Blade of The Northwind Storms, but you have a while to think on it and wot ever ya choose...I will support the decision."   

Oz just ends up for now falling asleep in Xander's lap.   

Xander chuckles softly "I suppose sleep is nice too"He then frowns, wait how is he gonna do any other pottery work now, and the whole standing right now and holding Oz. Xander had some issues with standing anyways...he just smiles and will for now sit here, he is sure someone will help out sooner or later.

==Later==

Xander was finishing up some more plates, he had made 10 plates, 10 bowls, and 2 larger serving plates, and managed a couple of mugs. He was doing some straightening up and cleaning.

Tenzin walks over and grows curious "This place has a forge, interesting...."He had ventured around the abbey and noticed the badger "Now..that's a different skill, pottery"   

Krisha walks over with a small mug of tea, seeing the otter she nods a polite hello "Feeling better?" She asks quietly, she sits by Xander."Hey dear..."   

Ciocan was taking some time away from his hares, he slowed when he saw the others and nodded "Hello, I hope I am not disturbing anything."   

Xander shakes his head "Your not..."He smiles at Krisha "What sort of tea ya got?" He waves to Tenzin.   

Tenzin rolls his eyes but speaks "Somewhat...just staying clear of those...shrews for now. I think the whole abbey knows about Keldorn now, but I rather speak of other things than...lost friends, after all. A lot of good has happened, right...finding the little ones, getting back 'ere...a feast and wedding is soon."   

Krisha frowns a little then smiles at the good news "Its mint tea with honey....I can wait right here" She slips off and returns with a tray and pot of tea, and mugs"Here we all can chat and have some tea"   

Ciocan smiles, he hmmms as he glances around. He looks at the small forge walking over to it and examining it "Who runs the forge?" He asks curiously.   

Tenzin shrugs as he has no clue. Xander smiles and points to Krisha "She can work it, though there is a vole who sometimes does it, but all we use it or is making like hinges, tools and such"   

Krisha chuckles "Also made rings for barrels...but yes I work the forge, my father taught me."   

Ciocan smiles "If I may, I want to show you something. I just need a few things...flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, butter, some greensap milk... let's see a little oil and some berries of some sort"He smiles now as he starts to get the forge going but not as hot as one may think "Oh...and a baking rack too....please"   

Tenzin looks on as if the badger is...well he isn't sure but he shrugs and does get what is needed returning in like half an hour" I found blueberries, hope that works for ya"   

Xander looks on and tilts his head "Wot....are you doing..exactly?"

Krisha blinks and just watches the other badger"Ummm.....so what is this?"   

Ciocan smiles as he finds some gloves and chuckles, "Forge scones, its...been a while since I made them, maybe a couple of weeks before the mountain got the visitors, those visitors being Xander and his friends looking for help." He mixes the ingredients up and smiles as he lays them on the baking area o well he has made it a baking area and yes he cleaned the area beforehand."Trust me, they are good with tea. I do can find relaxing things to do, sometimes working in my forge at the mountain is relaxing, but I don't make these very often, perhaps I should make them more often"   

Xander chuckles as he watches Ciocan "I never knew you cooked

Ciocan, always figured some hare was main cook, a hare did cook on the trip anyways"   

Tenzin hmmms and shrugs "Nothing wrong with a beast that can cook, tis helpful skill. Wish I could cook better, but I never learned and when I was at the age to...bacially train for a skill...well"He shakes his head "Story fer another day "   

Krisha sips her tea and pours some for the others, "Xander cooks sometimes."   

Ciocan listens and nods, he is in a good mood tonight" Martha would have liked forge scones..."He sighs a little sadly but smiles again after a while as he looks at the scones and gets them carefully on the cooling tray and smiles "One for everyone to try, they re good with honey too" He nibbles his and nods "They are good, perhaps not as good as ones from Salamanstron"   

Tenzin gets one to try and hmmms, "Its good sir" He smiles, which is rare for him"I like scones, these and the abbey has good ones but these are...different, I like different ha ha"He grins.   

Xander tastes one too, and gets a little honey and smiles."I like them, blueberry and honey together is good and..yeah I can cook some things...bread, scones, some cookies...but not forge scones"

Krisha chuckles as she samples one and nods "Very nice...but this is a one time thing..."She smiles "They are very good though, thank you"   

Ciocan nods as he sits down now as the forge cools "Yes, a nice little something different" He looks at Tenzin "So Tenzin have you decided on where your stay, your welcome ta come back with me and live on the western shores"   

Xander smiles and stands "I am heading to bed.."He kisses Krisha and heads on back to the main building, if he is gonna get up early every day he has to go to sleep at a good time.   

Tenzin waves to Xander and speaks "Gonna look into that Camp Willow place...once I find de Skipper so hoping he is at the feast"   

Krisha smiles at Xander, she nods to Tenzin "He should be as they were invited and know of the feast. It should be a good one this season...a lot to be happy about"   

Ciocan nods, "There are things to be happy about yes"He drinks some tea, nibbles a scone."The day after the feast I and my hares will head back home."   

Tenzin smiles "Yeah...Western shores are ok, so be Halyard...not a fan of ya mountain, too...closed in fer me likeling, I like open spaces and windows and oddly, kind of want to avoid de sea fer a while, too many bad memories..want to make some better ones in Mossflower"   

Krisha smiles "Well, sounds like a good plan" She yawns a little "Maybe I should get to sleep soon, still getting use to the dibbuns being back but I am happy to be tried cause of dibbuns"   

Ciocan nods,"Then get some rest Mother Krisha. I can take the mugs and plates and other things back inside to the kitchen"   

Tenzin grins"I will help and hey...even wash and dry"He chuckles a little"This abbey is nice, I like it"   

Krisha stands and heads on to bed after finishing her tea and scone."Good night"   

Ciocan nods "Good night" He glances at the otter"So shall we get this stuff to the kitchens then, then I am gonna check on my hares, make sure they are all behaving themselves."   

Tenzin chuckles as he helps "I think they fear de Friar to go into the kitchens, least so far it seems."   

Ciocan says, "I told them to not go to the kitchens, to not get snacks...we are guests and to act like it and yes they have behaved, which is good" He finishes cleaning up and leads the two to the kitchens, he will dry and let the otter wash and then he is off to find his hares."

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer