Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-09-08 09:49:00 PM

oz

A New Novice-Redwall Log

WHO:

Benar-Abbot of Redwall

Krisha-Badger Mother of Redwall

Xander- Former Warror...now Novice in Redwall

LOG:

Benar walked through the halls with a oil lamp and slowly walked over to where the two badgers were sleeping and seemed to debate on waking them.

Xander opened his eyes and focused on who was there "Hey...Benar" He says quietly.."How ya doing?"   

Krisha stirs slightly but is still asleep and snuggles closer to Xander, its clear she has not sleep much lately and seems to be catching up on that sleep now.   

Benar smiles "Glad you and the dibbuns are home....but I should let you and Krisha rest"He chuckles softly "Even if its by the fireplace in the Great Hall.   

Xander nods "Benar.....I...wanted to speak to you , please...I want to join the order, I even know the charter..."He recites it perfectly.word for word

"To be Brothers and Sisters of peace and goodwill, living together in harmony under the protection of Redwall Abbey, forsaking all unnecessary forms of violence, not only to Mossflower, its trees, grasses, flowers, and insects, but to all living creatures. To help and comfort the dispossessed, harbor orphans and waifs, offer shelter to all creatures alike, give clothing, warmth and food to any beast or creature that is deemed in need of such. To educate and learn, particularly in the healing arts, comfort the sick, nurse the injured and help the wounded. To take our food from the earth and replenish the land by caring for it, husbanding crops and living in harmony with the seasons always. To honor and protect our friends and brethren, only raising paw to do battle when our life at Redwall is threatened by treachery and the shadow of war    ; at these times every Redwall creature should show courage, fortitude and obedience to the Father Abbot. Albeit the taking of another life must always be justified and never carried out in a wanton manner."

Krisha hmmmms and seeems to start to wake up and then is just back to sleep.   

Benar listens and nods "That is the charter yes Xander...we can talk more in the morning at breakfast"   

Xander frowns "Please....I am not a warrior anymore,I have not touched my blade since..since I was poisoned by that kurgun"He will explain more later, he even had Ciocan carry the blade on a case on his back."I want so much to....just.."

Krisha is semi awake and listening some"Whats...going on?"   

Benar speaks "Its fine Krisha, go back to sleep dear" He then speaks to Xander "It is late and most are alsleep....do sleep" He smiles "That's not a request...novice Xander" He slips off only to get another couple blankets and pillows and lays them down before walking off "Goodnight"

Xander frowns "But..."He then blinks at the word novice and smiles "Yes Abbot Benar...sleep is good, good night"He lays an arm around Krisha better and soon is asleep.   

Krisha snuggles close to Xander as she smiles,already back to sleep herself.   

Benar smiles as he watches the two fall asleep and then heads on to bed himself, its been a long day for theAbbot, but he doesn't mind going to bed a little late today, today has been a good day, a very good day indeed.

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer