Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-09-07 03:12:10 PM

Log-A-Log

Finding Beasts, But Waiting To Surprise Others Later-DibbunSlavers LOG

**** This starts in the orchards of the abbey and ends in the Mossflower Woods later on===

Krisha was sitting by the pond, quietly watching the ripples form and the colored leaves fall from the trees.   

Log-A-Log decided to visit the abbey, along with his 3 shrews, 1 stayed at the camp. He climbed the apple tree to reach a lone apple, well one of two left way..way up on the tree and makes his way down. He walks over and smiles juggling the two apples and tosses one to Krisha "Ello to you Mother Krisha"   

Xavier was with his father and giggled as he ran forwards to hug the badger "Mama Krisha....hee heee...hi hi hi hi hii" He was learning words now and could run without tripping.   

Krisha looked up in time to catch the apple and nods "Hello Log-A-log.."She smiles at the dibbun "And hello Xavier, you are  getting big ..running now"She chuckles slightly looks at the shrew chieftain "I bet he is a pawful..so how is your camp?"   

Log-A-Log nods "Oh he is being that yes, it is good that you smile and speak again Mother Krisha."   

Xavier smiles and shows the badger a red and yellow leaf."Preetty..."   

Krisha sighs "Well....suppose.I have to move on sometime"   

Log-A-Log tilts his head "Move on?"He frowns "You are not leaving are you?"   

Krisha shakes her head "No...It's just"She sighs "I have decided to stop watching for the missing dibbuns, it has been a season and a half now...so much time for them and even Benar said we may want to look into the possible chance they won't return to the abbey. Its depressing to just keep hoping and looking and waiting"A tear goes down her cheek"I ..I can't anymore"   

Xavier goes to try and hug her more "No crys....me stilla herehere"   

Log-A-Log frowns, but he has to smile a little at his son. He then lays a paw on Krisha's arm "I..know this is hard, is being hard for me too...I may not ever see Oswald, Leigh, or Keldorn again...There is, counting me...5 shrews in my tribe thanks to those rats that attacked while our friends were gone. But if it is to maybe end up so...they would not want us to be sad"   

Krisha shrugs "Yeah" She wipes away the tear and smiles faintly at the shrew dibbun"Guess I have you and Gracie still....and the abbey will have dibbuns again soon."She looks across the grounds "I wonder how Oz would have handled this if he was still around"   

Log-A-Log sits down "I am not being sure...I was still young then, not dibbun young but I do remember papa Oz when my Sister was Log-A-Log...and I am sure he would have been sad at first but then would also of done his best to try and let things be...well as normal as possible is being my guess"   

Xavier yawns and curls up asleep on the badger's lap.   

Krisha smiles just a little more and gently ruffles Xavier's headfur "Yes.... it just been hard as my son and ...Xander is ...who knows where, as well. I use to watch from the wall tops for just like..dust, something and "She shrugs "Guess it's best that was stoped. I just need to do other things to get my mind off things. The dibbuns rooms are remade...we had a major abbey clean up too"   

Log-A-Log nods and "Ohhhs...that is reminding me"He stands "I am gonna go check on camp but before doing this...I was supposed to show you something, do come follow"   

Krisha decides to follow the shrew as she gently carries Xavier in her arms as he sleeps "Show me wot? "   

Log-A-Log makes sure she follows and grins as he shows her what some beasts from the abbey were working on, the Badger Mother Room.   

Krisha looks around in awe "Wow....this is....when was this done?" She has to admit, she was out of the room yesterday and keep busy with chores, some were even given to her and she fell asleep in the large chair in the Great Hall and just decided to still avoid her room till it was time for bedtime "I ...like it"   

Benar steps into view "I am glad, your room needed tending to as well, some things that belonged here had been moved elsewhere...they were brought back in"He smiles "One day you can even add something if you like."   

Log-A-Log waves to the abbot and smiles "Well I need to check on my camp. I shall return soon."   

Krisha smiles and gently hugs Benar "Thank you..." She nods to Log-A-log "I will keep an eye on Xavier for you Log-a-Log"   

Benar smiles "You are welcome, now I must make sure some leaves are raked in the orchards, maybe a walk in the orchards...the trees are always so lovely his time of the year"   

Krisha nods "Yes, they are"She smiles "Maybe later in the week we could take a walk in the woods Benar, look at the Autumn colors, go to the market even. We do need nutmeg and some cinnamon"   

Log-A-Log smiles "I would be happy to get the two spices on my way back from checking the camp, the camp is just about ready for winter, we just are placing things in storage now. We were able to grow some vegetables and we collected nuts and berries, we got some wheat and a couple of other things from Ferravale nd found wild honey we will bring some of to the abbey"   

Benar smiles "Thank you Log-A-Log and maybe a walk in a couple of weeks Krisha..I will think on it" And he too heads off to do whatever the abbot duties of the day is.

===Later that Evening,A hour or so after sundown===

Log-A-Log walked along the path after checking on his camp. He had a small knapsack over his back and had decided to head up the road on his own, then checked the market and was on his way back to the abbey now.   

Patch meanwhile was on a fallen log and groaned "I just wanna go. ..can I please, I will be freaking quiet. I saw nothing, I won't even go close the abbey just ta Ferrvale and me tavern and...heck I keeps lots of secrets...mostly"   

Xander sighs"Patch just be quiet ok..."He hmms, then again. An idea forms as he smiles, he looked in a pack he had checking to see if something was still there, he grinned as he found it"Patch....tell ya what,you can go back to Ferravale, long as you do stay quiet on seeing us, you do this"He lays a small pouch by the rat "You get a lot more of what's in that pouch"   

Inside is 4 candy chestnuts   

Elbio arches an eyebrow but watches curiously now.   

Log-A-Log slows as he hears the voices and quickly climbs to a tree to try and get a better look at the small camp of beasts.   

Patch carefully looks inside and looks ready to cry, stuffing a couple in his mouth quickly and munching away "You..promise stripy? I can be quiet...lips are sealed...ya can send the news to the abbey by...well someone, and I trust ya to remember the bag of candy chestnuts and it best be a good size one too."He then quickly leaves, yes he is not sticking around when more hares who will likely hate his guts show up and he isn't too sure how the Badger Lord feels about him either.

Xander chuckles and looks at Elbio "He will stay quiet and let one of the group deliver the message we are back, he loves candy chestnuts"   

Elbio speaks after some silence " One very odd rat but yeah likely best he heads off"   

Log-A-Log goes too far onto one branch as his eyes widen at just who he sees down below, the thin branch snaps and he gasps, then a small yelp as he falls out of the tree and down below....lets hope someone is by the tree!   

Xander blinks and acts quickly to catch the shrew and stares at him as if in some sort of shock, he then chuckles "Log-A-LOG!" He smiles and sits him down "You ok? Wot are you doing in a tree....wait never mind, let me guess...scouting?"   

Elbio again is at a loss for words, " Why would a shrew fall from a tree?"   

Log-A-Log speaks "I heard voices and so went up the tree for a better view of course"He grins and hugs the badger "It IS you Xander...you are being back..this is great news"He glances around "Where is being...everyone else?"He frowns, was this...bad news?   

As if to answer the shrew Zolomon appears "I return....oh hey Loggy..."He smiles, not too far from the hare is the rest of the group, the hare smiles at Xander and hands off a giggling Oz "He likes me now"   

Xander smiles as he takes Oz, he looks at Log-A-log "Ummm...maybe a day...and now the others are here we were gonna all rest till morning and make the last like...1-2 hours walk come sunrise"He smiles "To the abbey"   

Elbio quickly salutes those he needs to salute before sitting down again.   

Log-A-Log smiles, "I think I shall wait with you"It was nightfall after all"Trust me all will be most happy to see you all, for sure Moher Krisha"   

Ciocan directs the hares and others around the clearing campsite and makes his way over to Xander and nods to Log-A-Log, "Hello.."He speaks to Xander "How are you feeling my friend, are you ok...will you be able to make the walk in the morning?"

Xander nods "Trust me, I can...I have my staff and likely any help, a couple of hours walking is fine...its the walking like ...hours that got to me a couple of times, but I am more than ready to finish this journey in the morning and get home"   

Elbio nods " Me as well." He waves to Log-a-log " I am now Redwall Abbey Residental Hare, even have a signed paper to show the abbot from his Lordship."   

Log-A-Log grins "Great news, all is great news...and I will be happy to help lead the rest of the way...we can make a big surprise yes."   

Ciocan nods "Sounds good Log-A-Log, we should be at the abbey by lunch tomorrow, for now, we rest....we have a big day tomorrow after all"   

Xander smiles "Yes, yes we do and it will be the BEST DAY EVER!!"

Log-A-Log smiles and decides to get some rest, then tomorrow should be a very good day indeed

I play:  Xavier ( Log-A-log of GUOSIM) Elbio (Lt.,Archer, and Fighter in Long Patrol and RW Residential Hare)

Board footer