Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-08-25 08:41:29 PM

oz

Trouble At The River-Dibbun Slavers TP

WHO:

Matilda-Champion of Redwall

Ciana-Dibbun Hare

Elbio-LP Hare

Varus-LP Hare, Major and Fighter

Tenzin-Warrior

Leigh- Healer in GUOSIM

LOG:

Ciana was never one to play well with the other dibbuns and then they started being mean and stuff to her so she slipped away when no one was looking and went to sit on a log along the river just watching some dragonflies.

Well, there are small creatures out nearby who noticed the nearby campfire, and large group and decided to avoid it, well avoid the large group anyways, nothing says avoid a single beast that's away from the group as the creepy looking, moving weeds? sneak up on the dibbun.   

Matilda has gone out to find Ciana, on her back is the sword of Martin the warrior as she walks along the bank slowly"She could not of went too far"

Leigh came along to get some walking in, and in case a healer was needed"You be surprised really, it's wide open and they have yet had time to have room to walk or run, though I also don't think they would go too far"   

The vermin spot the hedgehog and one grins as they get flint and steel and light a pile of herbs that smell sweet, yet...sticky and sort of musky at the same time, it gets fairly heavy scent wise.   

Ciana smells the scent and thinks its flowers, a smile as those be nice for like Matilda and maybe others, yes make a pretty necklace for Ciocan even.   

Matilda smiles as she speaks to Leigh, they are not too far from the camp the others have set up."Maybe...but yes your right"She sighs "It's getting dark, this is not...too good...what's that odd smell?"   

Tenzin is, of course, walking along the path, he frowns at voices and slips behind a tree to poke out and see, "Oh perfect...I camp out a few days and let them catch up...perfect"He is on the other side of the river so he doesn't smell the herbs and the wind is blowing more towards the hedgehog and hare dibbun, yet too far to really affect anyone further away.   

Leigh frowns "I..have no clue maybe we should head back and find some others to help, that's no scent I know and I know a lot of flowers and herbs...wait"She frowns is one like something one uses to relax or...   

GIggles and laughter fill the air as shapes move, and a sort of hazy smoke appears around the small path. Weed plies seem to move and one goes to grab the dibbun.   

Ciana frowns and moves back. A cough as the smell fills her lungs and nose, she then screams as her foot paw is grabbed and that only lets her breathe in more. She starts to cry and she is dragged backward and something covers her mouth and then she passes out.

Matilda lays a paw on her blade and draws it "That was Ciana...Leigh stay here. If I am not back in 5 minutes, get help"She rushes off towards the scream.   

Tenzin frowns, a sigh as he starts to back away and then suddenly dives into the river and goes to cross it to the side everyone seems to be at right now.   

Elbio groans as he is, well in a thornbush still off the path but away from where the others are which may be a very good thing.

The shapes move faster and laughing is heard and then voices " Hee hehe...more taplayplay yesplay...gotta getya, gotta getyagood!"   

Matilda slows as she starts to cough and then starts to feel faint and dizzy, the grip on her blade lessens as she glares at the shapes and voices "Who are...you pests!" She coughs and gags from the smoke and calls out for help best she can before a bad coughing fit. She kicks at one of the weed looking beast.   

Leigh hears the call and starts to also head to the sound, but looks unsure as she looks back towards where the LP Camp is and frowns.

Tenzin stops on the shore and frowns, "Leigh lass...best find Oswald and whoever else...I got told of these strange beasts near the river with this smoke that knocks ya out and beasts have mentioned being dragged out by ghosts or living plants, I say vermin ."   

Elbio crawls out and makes a weak whimper sound as he reaches towards where the shrew and otter are, it's not been a fun week for him.   

The shapes look closer, they are vermin of some sort..thin, plant-covered weasels with spears, the spears have strong smelling knock out herbs on them. Seems they already took off with the dibbun.   

Matilda stumbles backward and tries to move back to the camp before tripping over a couple of the beasts and her blade slides from her paw and onto the muddy bank as she loses consciousness she sees a dozen or so ...thin weasels covered in vines and weeds, one tall one has a wicked smile.

Leigh jumps and then slaps at the otter "How...dare you scare me. Where HAVE you been"Slapping him again. Yes, he gets slapped for scaring her and for wandering off without a word.   

Tenzin rubs her arm"Hey, calm ya pretty little self.."He frowns and makes a shhh motion and scans the treeline. He also catches sounds near the river.   

The band of vermin drag away the hedgehog and seem not interested in her blade as they leave it behind, they also leave drag marks behind, so not very smart vermin either. Those drag marks will led 1/ 2 mile down a path and to where the vermin stay.   

Leigh frowns, she looks around and getting out a small knife edges close to the hare and blinks, she quickly goes to check on the hare and studies him "Long....patrol?"   

Tenzin hides quickly and shakes his head as he digs out something he places over his nose to pinch it shut and tries to only breath through his mouth when needed, he finds the blade and picks it up and frowns at the drag marks, he cusses and gets back to the shrew quickly, once by the river the plug is off and he is coughing. What be that ya found....oh and Matilda is in trouble, those beasts have her we need help"   

Elbio groans "F..Flitchaye......"He mutters, still barely conscious and looks like he has had a bad week, some bruises, cuts, burn mark on his arm and likely not had much food and water a few days, cause duhhh....captive and out and just escaped.   

Leigh frowns "A long Patrol hare but not one that was at the mountain or with us....and the who...what now?"   

Tenzin frowns as he places the blade on his back and goes to pick up the hare "Come on, where de camp this seems best for Lord Ciocan ta handle and anyone else, sides we can warn them of that sleeping stuff, I say...not sure how many many the hare here knows" He will make sure to stay close.   

Elbio just mutters weakly and is in/out of consciousness...yeah he won't be much help at all.   

Leigh nods and shows the way, she frowns "Who are the Flitchaye...it sounds almost familiar like read it somewhere."   

Tenzin says, "sound like bad news to me lass, but don't  worry we will find the camp and get and save ya friend"

Leigh says, "Freinds...Matilda and a small hare dibbun Ciana"   
Tenzin nods "Friends then"   

The two arrive at camp with the news and the semi-conscious Elbio. Its decided, get more info if they can from Elbio...then a rescue come daybreak.   

A couple of hours have passed and of course, the news made it's wat to Ciocan who waited on news of when the hare would awaken, he then went to go speak to them.

Elbio was on a blanket and looked around. Upon seeing the badger he blinked a few times and studied him before speaking "Your....very tall.."Yeah that's the first words that come to mind, he has a headache ok   

Ciocan arches an eyebrow and then speaks "I was told you may have some info that would be helpful, I am also curious of the Long Patrol recruit uniform, I make it my job to know all the hares in my Long Patrol, even recruits and no recruits, new or old, have come on this trip...so who are you?"   

Elbio blinks again and sits up a little "Your Lord Ciocan, aren't ya?" He then frowns "Me and a shrew was grabbed by some group called the Fliitchaye. The shrew, Berwin  was sadly...slain"His ears go flat now as he frowns"They use strong sleeping herbs"

Ciocan listens, " The uniform, why do you have it?"He is curious but also listens to the rest of what is said.   

Elbio looks at the uniform he has, slightly torn and dirty but yes its a recruit one "From a Corporal Adrian...there is 4 others hares as well.....ummm so me and 3 other recruits and a Private too.I..."He sighs "I wanted ta try and help find info on some beasts who left and..got lost, then those Flitchaye pests attacked and then got loose and made it to the river, tis all remmeber...well and the otter who carried me 'ere"   

Varus comes back toward the river after taking two privates to scout out the area. He perks up. "Did I 'ear yah say 'Adrian,' lad?"   

Ciocan tilts his head "Corporal Adrian....is alive?" He has wandered, it's been....well over a year, or was it two now. and that's over 4 or 8  seasons, maybe it's been longer, "Who is the private and the other hares, and where are they?"

Elbio looks between them and nods, he replies "Private Monty...and yes Corporal Adrian, thar is also Sola,Selina and Yerna(think spelled last two correctly)...and we arrived at the abbey..Redwall sur, they are likely still thar unlesss they are...well looking fer me"His ears droop now.   

Varus seems surprised. "Montgomery, too? I mighta guessed, wot. 'Ow long ago did y' reach th' Abbey?"   

Ciocan lets Varus do some questioning but he seems pleased to hear the two hares they sent out so long ago, are alive. He had worried they were not. For now, he listens.   

Elbio speaks "Few...weeks ago, we helped with some rats...rats are gone now though but we were gonna stay and make sure. And de abbey mentioned how the dibbuns were taken by slavers and ...how some beasts went to find them, so since de rat issue was gone thought I try and find something bout the dibbuns, didn't mean ta get blooming lost or run into these..Flitchaye beasts, their camp is maybe 1/2 mile or so from 'ere...probably 3 dozen or so left after a..."He frowns "After Berwin, a...shrew fought them, Berwin died...I managed ta kill a couple of the vermin and passed out by the river"

Varus nods grimly. "Rats, y' say?" He detests rats. "Thanks for the information, lad."   

Elbio nods as he ends up drifting back to sleep   

Ciocan hmmms as he walks out of the tent to think about this info, "We need to find this Flitchaye camp but also be careful in doing so, I don't want any more trouble on the way to the abbey. "   

Varus nods. "Yes sah," he replies. "Though it sounds like we might 'ave t' watch out f'r these rats, too. I'll the lads to be on th' look out f'r anythin' suspicious, wot."   

Ciocan nods "Could be wise just in case..for now, we need to find this Flitchaye camp and get back Matilda and Ciana, see if anyone else knows something about the group"

"I only know wotevah I've been told," Varus replies, "from th' last time I was in Mossflowah many seasons ago. They're a pretty suspicious lot, not often seen, wot. Undahstand this is all heahsay on mah paht.."

Ciocan nods "I need to speak to some others, we can chat later Major try to get some sleep"

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer