Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-08-24 04:26:45 PM

Mother Krisha

Keeping Busy To Keep Mind Off Other Things-Redwall Log

Who:

Krisha-Badger Mother

Benar-Abbot of Redwall

Brother Rick-Brother in Redwall

LOG:

Benar is sitting in his chair, enjoying the fresh air and the rain, watching it pattering down over the green grass of the lawns and the orchards, kind of glad the harvest is all finished as the end of summer brings more rain.   

Krisha ventures out, she had been inside a good deal but has decided to take a small walk, or well she would if it wasn't raining.A small sigh escapes her as she starts to head back inside and then sees Benar and walks over towards him.

Benar looks up as he hears someone approach and smiles, "Hello Krisha, how are you doing?" He sets aside his book and smiles at her, nodding toward her large wickerwork chair next to him. "Sit with me awhile   

Krisha backs up at first but then goes ahead and sits down in the chair beside Benar. She watches the rain silently as it falls,a small frown before getting more comfortable in the chair.

Benar reaches over and takes her hand, just holding it in his, "How are you holding up? I know you still hurt inside Krisha but.... we need you"   

Krisha tenses as he takes her hand and sighs softly, she is silent, and then words, "Over....a season..n..now" She is speaking,her voice sad but she is speaking at least.   

Benar says, "Yes it has been over a season Krisha, but... these things take time. I think I'd know if the Champion had died and as long as they are away then there is hope"

Krisha frowns, "They..could still not come back." She shakes her head and wipes away some threatening tears with her other paw. "I..I should just...focus on other things"

Benar says, "Yes, sadly they might still not make it home Krisha, we... have to face that hard truth. But we have to keep going."

Krisha nods"Keep...going,yes. Least things are peaceful right now." She frowns and finally looks at Benar "I am...sorry for acting as I have the past weeks, I..I won't be spending most of the day in my room anymore"   

Benar says, "It is ok Krisha," he squeezed her hand, "It is ok, we have all had a lot on our plate."

Krisha nods"Yes..too much"She wipes her eyes again with her free hand, "Maybe...we can try and have an autumn feast, I..I don't know though"   

Benar says, "It is a bit early for the autumn feast," The squirrel frowns, "We are still in summer and the middle of harvest. but we can bring it forward a bit earlier, maybe make it an end of harvest feast."

Krisha nods "Yes...I suppose, how much of the harvest is in,I ..I can help, I also know a small group had went to get some spices and couple things at the marketplace.

Benar says, "We are all done with the wheat and barley, it is mostly the orchards and the vegetable gardens now"

Krisha nods, anything to get her mind off...what she sees as so much lost, seems she has decided that the dibbuns, that Xander...that others will never be returned either cause, in her mind anyways they are dead or just lost forever. "I can help with that, get a group of novices and order beasts to get busy clearing the orchards and gardens,tomorrow perhaps or if the rain stops,today"   

Benar says, "That would be good Krisha," the squirrel smiled softly and let his tail sway from side to side, "That would be helpful, would let me be free to take care of a few other things"

Krisha smiles a little now, it's not the best smile but its a smile at least"Yeah...we will be then have less things to worry on"   

Benar smiles at Krisha "Thanks, not having to organised  the vegetable gardens tomorrow would be useful."

Krisha nods as she sits up better watching the rain fall "Yeah...things will...be.. ok, I...I am sure of it"

Benar excuses himself and heads inside.

Krisha watches the rain fall and then stands up to head inside and look over some papers and scrolls the abbot has.

The next morning,bright and early she is outside , with a group to work on the orchards, Brother Rick is left in charge and she takes another group to the vegetable garden"Alright lets work till lunch, then a small break..we will have a light lunch then back to work till dinner,we have a lot to get done today so let's start."

Things run very smoothly from Morning till Dinner time, a small break was had at lunch and the day stayed very nice, the badger even made sure beasts had a good deal of water to drink.She managed a very weak small smile, all this work did indeed take her mind off things she rather not think on now.
'

Board footer