Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-08-20 07:50:49 PM

oz

Cheering Up A Freind-LP LOG

right after this log

http://forum.rwmuck.org/viewtopic.php?id=1795

WHO:

Zolomon-Sargeant, Archer, Runner in the LP

Xander-Former Warrior

Gregorian- Lt. Fighter and Master Blacksmith in LP

Varus-Major,Fighter in the LP

LOG:

"I nevah would have done at all if not for the" Greg taps his peg leg as he settles back down in to a seat to eat "Sometimes the life just throws yah a different way...But we can' have the youngstahs runnin' everythin' themselves now, eh? There's no time tah rest in retirement anymore"   

Varus mmms, and nods. Olivia has moved off to help round up the dibbuns and leverets, helping Quinten herd the little ones out to bed as the party starts to wind down. Varus takes another long sip of wine. "Not anymore, no. There was tha' time we all sat on our laurels and got ovahconfident, 'n' look wot 'appened..."   

Gregorian shakes his head "It's not ovah confident tah be outnumbered and barely win the day, or at least I don't believe at all that I would have made a difference that day. Maybe I could have taken down a few more vermin, saved a few hares, might just have died in the process...Nah, that day was goin' tah be a bloodbath no matter wot"

Olivia stops beside Varus and gives him a quick kiss. "I'll be helping Quint get these little ones to bed..." And with that, she exits. Varus, meanwhile, finishes his drink, and sighs. "You're right, there," he says. "Eh..."   

Gregorian nods his head to Olivia "Good luck tah yah marm" because anyone trying to get the kids to go to bed needs luck "I'll get Grace soon, she'll calm down with the rest and if I can pick her up while she's half asleep and worn herself out all the bettah" he chuckles before he looks back to Varus "Ah, well. Yah trip there this time will be for bettah reasons /and/ it's proof that the patrol is still workin'. A battle was hard won but the patrol goes on. Still savin' dibbuns and takin' down slavahs no mattah wot"   

Varus nods his head. "It's amazin' 'ow brazen slavahs are, t' be perfectly honest. In Mossflowah, no less. It's somethin' y' expect on th' Western Shore."   

Gregorian finally finishes his food and picks up his drink again as he shakes his head "Where there's vermin there's slavahs. Yah'll find they're everywhere, just not so organised and prepared tah run tah sea"   

Zolomon had wandred off and comes back to sit down and get a little more cake cause cake is good.

Varus harrumps. "Yahr right there, Greg," he replies. "I 'ope we get a few months of peace f'r awhile. I've been watchin' th' next generation o' recruits wi' keen interest, and so mah hope is we won't 'ave t' face anothah majah vermin threat till aftah they've become our newest Privates, wot."   

Gregorian raises his glass "We've made it this far. The patrol lives on" he sips from his drink "It'll out live us both" he finishes his drink before getting up "But, I bettah get Grace tah sleep before it gets too late"   

Zolomon glaces over at the two and finishes his cake, some hares start to clean up the dinning Hall now as things start to finish up.   

Varus raises his glass as well, and nods briefly to Zolomon, too. "Aye, that it will," he answers, standing as well. "I should probably start heading that way myself, actually..."   

Gregorian nods to Zolomon on the way out too, though he makes a short detour to grab a couple of slices of cake on the way out "Tomorrow is anothah day with trainin' and marchin' and life goin' on. Tonight at least there was cake"   

Zolomon smiles a little, cake was nice, training not so much as there was likely a couple days of it before the trip to Redwall.   

Varus stops before he heads out. "Evenin'," he says.   

Zolomon nods and then hmmms as he goes to grab one of the last couple apple and pear pies and slips off down the hallway after the makor leaves.

Xander sits in his room, he had left a little sooner than he planed but he needed to head out of there.He wipes his eyes as he has been crying and lets himself fall back onto his cot and stare at the ceiling.

Zolomon pokes his head in and walks over with the pie, sitting it down on the nightstand when he sees tears "Xandy?" He asks and sounds concerned "Ya ok?"He stays by the bed and waits on a reply.   

Xander just frowns but finally looks over at his friend, "No....now go away."It had been a long past few weeks for the badger recovering and he had yet to really fully recover. He had a large scar on his leg from his knee to his hip, he had a scar,small but there on his left cheek, he felt weak and helpless cause he couldnt even walk without a stupid staff or leaning on a wall, grabbing a chair after a few paw steps, he closed his eyes " I....am...I dont even know anymore"   

Zolomon tries to think, he then speaks "Your Xander Winters and ....my best friend and always have been. And ya....been through a lot, but your still you, ya know and here in like a couple days or so ya will head back to the abbey, 3 weeks top travel time and part of it by ship no less"   

Xander opens his eyes and looks at Zolomon and frowns "I can not even walk without a stupid....."He shakes his head "I can't even lift my blade, I tried a little while ago...let alone swing it good."He holds out his right arm, his right paw shaky again as he snorts, he looks at a vile of herb mixture he can take for pain and stuff, he lets his right arm rest and slowly sits up,he downs the mixture and makes a face..he realt REALLY should of added some mint.

Zolomon even makes a face, he then gets and offers pie "Pie?" He smiles in hopes of cheering him up as he speaks sliceing the pie with a dagger so he has half and the badger has half, "Look your still...you, that woudlnt change....okj so your not a warrior anymore, you did mention before how de warrior days were over, maybe ya can like join de order..."He grins "Brother Xander....kind of has a good ring ta it "

Xander looks at the pie an at first looks away and then takes a few bites before he speaks "I...have thought of it...yeah"He frowns "But wot am I...gonna do. Wot will Krisha think of ...this.And who will train Oz if he maybe wants to be a warrior one day, the Blade of The Northwind Storms is passed down, unless he decides to maybe be a healer or join the order, but the blade is still rightfully his one day."

Zolomon listens as he eats his half of the pie and smiles "She will be happy your alive, thats wot Xandy. She will help you if you need it fer anything, she loves you. You could be dead right now and you....just about was, we are lucky we are not bringing back the worse news possible, instead we are going to bring news of look the dibbuns are safe,sound and alive and look so is Xandy...maybe Xandy isn't top form,but he is alive."He sighs "You were injuried badly and poisoned on top of that, your very lucky to be able to go back to the abbey, and your lucky to not be in a wheeled chair"   

Xander thinks on this and smiles a little as he eats more pie and then the last little bit he tosses at the hare and gives a light chuckle as he is feeling a little better.   

Zolomon ducks and grins as he still has 1/3 of his own pie half and goes to smash it in the badger's face.   

Xander was not expecting the surprise attck and blinks , he cleans off some of the pie and goes to wipe his paws on Zolomons uniform and chuckles .He yawns a little as he is tried but he needs to get cleaned up a little before bed time.   

Zolomon frowns "Ya meanie..."But he smiles as he gets the pie tin and smiles "I need ta get to bed, tis late.....ya best be at breakfast"He grins or ya get a pie ta de face again"He is jokeing....or is he.

Xander shakes his head but is smileing at least "Yeah, maybe your get a pie to the face..."He nods goodnight." He will of course clean up before bed, he is cheered up some at least but still the idea of change.....well he still has a lot to think on, but first sleep.   

Zolomon nods"yeah...right"He gives a chuckle, and a salute and heads off to get to sleep himself, well cleaning up a little first and taking the pie tin back to the kitchens, then its time to get some well earned sleep.

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer