Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#101 2020-11-28 04:42:04 AM

Elmef

Re: Misc: IC Stuff: Redwall

I agree with DR, once this much Snow has landed in Winter it will be here until February at least if it is that cold to make that much snow.

#102 2020-11-28 11:29:51 AM

Log-A-Log

Well there goes travel plans if anyone had some tongue

I play:  Xavier ( Log-A-log of GUOSIM) Elbio (Lt.,Archer, and Fighter in Long Patrol and RW Residential Hare)

#103 2020-11-28 03:39:59 PM

Ol'random
Website

In a place where it snows regularly (so say MN as I'm very familiar with that state) 2 feet of snow in November could last until May - disregarding all the other times it would snow in between those months. Ten feet at once is a bit overkill, as that's number more or less only gotten in either the extreme north (like Siberia or northern Canada) or in mountain ranges (CO has the record deepest snow record in the continental US at around 6 feet deep in 24 hour period in the 1920s), but arguably just 2 feet of snow could be a big deal to Redwallers if we take animal scale into account (which I feel is always the more fun thing to do, even if it's just a ballpark tongue)

.......to deal with all the snow there's always digging tunnels in it to make pathways  + when the storm is done and the sun peaks out, the top layer of snow will probably melt and refreeze as a somewhat solid layer that people can walk on (but not everywhere! be careful of breaking through into the snow below...)

Last edited by Ol'random (2020-11-28 03:40:18 PM)

I play Atticus, John, Lossow, Terrence, and Spruce
The Long Patrol Landing Page!
Usually on the MUCK Saturdays + Monday & Wednesday evenings if I have the time
Fastest way to reach me is via my Discord: Luke_SkyOtter#1438

#104 2020-11-28 04:04:24 PM

oz

there been 3 or 4 foot in ohio and even larger drifts of snow. Maybe 5 foot of snow be good and drifts of 10.

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

#105 2020-11-28 05:19:39 PM

Log-A-Log

my thoughts 5 foot with higher drifts as it blows around as..well Blizzard and could always be The Worst Storm  in Mossflower History !

Like whoa we thought other winters were  bad...Haha Redwall version of 2020 hee hee. Snow could melt a little bit yeah....this will be fun...so between 5 to 10 foot snow...mostly 5 foot...5.5 foot? Higher piles/ drifts snow.

I play:  Xavier ( Log-A-log of GUOSIM) Elbio (Lt.,Archer, and Fighter in Long Patrol and RW Residential Hare)

#106 2020-11-28 05:30:14 PM

Ol'random
Website

Oh yeah, fair enough. Drifts are a different beast entirely from just straight snowing, and I kinda forgot about them because snow melts too fast where i live to form them, my bad!
so go crazy guys XD

Last edited by Ol'random (2020-11-28 05:31:34 PM)

I play Atticus, John, Lossow, Terrence, and Spruce
The Long Patrol Landing Page!
Usually on the MUCK Saturdays + Monday & Wednesday evenings if I have the time
Fastest way to reach me is via my Discord: Luke_SkyOtter#1438

#107 2020-11-28 05:43:30 PM

oz

REDWALL WINTER 2020........it will be in the history logs as the Worst Winter Ever!

Cold also, very cold...the only good thing is food storage is safe...hopefully have enough logs.

I am curious how Camp Willow...Ferravale..GUOSIM will fare...we should also have the roof of the Black Gull cave in...not sure who does anything with Black Gull...maybe vermin snowed in there too.

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol

#108 2020-11-29 01:34:23 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

ha!  vermin snowed in at the black gull.  that would make for some hysterical rp right there xD

5 feet with 10 foot drifts sounds reasonable to me.  within the abbey grounds the drifts may not be so thick simply because the walls would block some of the wind.

#109 2020-11-30 12:39:20 PM

Elmef

Aye that is what I meant when I said 10 feet, the drifts piled up against the walls
I am envision it'll mostly be the west wall and main gate that is buried with the others buried to a lesser extent

But it should lead to some interesting RP

#110 2020-12-07 11:20:57 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

idk if I'll be able to be on to rp on thursday, but if i am on, i shall have to leave at about 4 pm central time due to rl stuff. 

i have decided that dorarose, lilymoore, angela, butterclaw, and emyuil are going to get stranded in the gatehouse.  d.r. likes to bake, so she has some food stashed out there, but they'll need to be sort of rescued.  this also helps for if i can't make it; y'all's chars can just be like "they're stuck in the gatehouse, oh no!"  this is will also help if i am able to be on when it comes to velm needing to be rescued, so, yeah smile

#111 2020-12-12 04:05:23 PM

oz

Snow Badger Time!

An event is soon...heee looks like the snow badger guess will bring a bit .....too much snow ahead of his visit this season tongue

But the normal stories, hot drinks, cookies and gifts given smile
More info soon

I play:

#112 2020-12-12 09:41:04 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

#113 2020-12-13 12:48:03 PM

Mother Krisha

Ok
Blizzard today round 2 EST

#114 2020-12-13 01:03:45 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

I'm not gonna make it, sadly.  the threat of a bad winter storm irl is too much of a deterrent.  i hope y'all have lots of fun!!!

#115 2020-12-13 06:18:22 PM

Mother Krisha

So here is update from storm:

Ice in places, lots..LOTS Of snow.Frozen soild pond.

Weather vane fell from roof and is on the grounds..somewhere buried.

Gatehouse and Champion cottage buried in deep snow drifts. Main building and walls have snow drifts like 6 feet high in these places.

Deep 4 foot snow to walk in ...joy!

Dibbuns treefort is now a pile of...well crashed wood and stuff on orchard grounds. A tree limb, that was to be purned anyways...fell in orchards also.

Roads are unble to be traveled  cause of all the snow!

The abbey also has 2 guests Velm, a hare and Silverstream ,an otter.

#116 2020-12-13 10:28:32 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

dorarose, lilymoore, angela, butterclaw, and emyuil are all trapped in the gatehouse!  can anyone help save them?

the rl winter storm that i feared of course didn't happen -- i kid you not, it got all sunshiney and cloudless because of course it did.  tornado alley weather is bipolar **insert eyeroll**  so it turns out i could've come on to rp.  stupid weather. 

but still.  my chars are stuck in the gatehouse.  only dochas and gracie are in the main abbey building.  i sense a possible expedition!  or they'll get out by themselves.  we'll find out depending on when i can get on with others there.

Last edited by BlisaMarshmellow (2020-12-13 10:29:25 PM)

#117 2020-12-14 09:43:30 AM

oz

Anyone know just how many sparrows are in the lofts?  Also how are they doing after this blizzard? What if they need HELP? Its possible a small area of the roof possible caved in, not an area that would affect the main abbey but for sure affect the lofts...cold wind, cold air...snow duhh! Or maybe this is a bad idea...I don't know . I know someone played the sparrow leader not too long ago, maybe this winter the sparrow community is lowered by half, or maybe not, cause of this bad winter...heck maybe the leader died ? It could be an interesting role play and maybe people could make a few sparrows, even if they don't talk to those abbey worms much tongue But maybe, just maybe those abbey worms are the only ones who can help this winter?

I play:

#118 2020-12-14 09:51:58 AM

Elmef

I am sure we will come rescue you when we can Dora!

As for the roof collapsing....
If part of the main roof collapsed to exposed the Sparrow loft it'd also affect the main building. They live in the roof, if the roof is gone then it affects everyone. I wasn't thinking of blowing the roof off that feels a bit drastic....

Sparrows could still need help however.

#119 2020-12-14 09:55:19 AM

oz

true
nevermind on roof but still could be extra cold up there, then don't know maybe its warmer...maybe the sparrow are just fine then *shrugs*

I play:

#120 2020-12-14 10:21:39 AM

Mother Krisha

Maybe one of the sparrows got blown off the roof? Heat does travel up so it could be warm in the lofts...the sparrows are likely just very grumpy cause of all the snow! But it could be possible one of their..eggchicks is blown off roof cause they were being the normal dibbun and wanted to look at the snow and...blown from roof to the ground below!

I agree we should have someone, if there isn't one already, make a sparrow king or queen . I tend to remember a Quickbeck? Is Quickbeck still  ICLY around? I also think maybe there could be like  20 sparrows that live in the loft,now 5 of those,counting the one eggchick that could fall off roof and need found and returned to the loft...(yeah that be fun! Likely will have to wait).

Good or bad idea on the eggchick needs helped and returned?

Also if Quickbeck is around could he let us know the status on if he is still leader or not, or if there is a leader right now and if so who if its not quickbek?

#121 2020-12-14 01:02:23 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

we totally need a sparra ruler!  and this sparra rp sounds like ao much fun big_smile let's do it!

#122 2020-12-15 07:07:19 AM

Elmef

I used to have a Saprra long ago they where good fun
But Quickbeak I have not seen in ages.

I have sort of just let the Sparra exist as a nebulous entities that live upstairs.
But making more use of them would be fun.

#123 2020-12-15 11:16:44 AM

Log-A-Log

I saw Quickbeak in  log not too long ago I think but he is likely OLD if he is still alive. Maybe a new king or queen us needed?

#124 2020-12-15 12:35:50 PM

Willow

Quickbeak is one of my characters from way back in the day so I'm still around. I haven't played him much in a while, he probably should have died of old age by now but I still like him and keep him around. I've jumped on him a couple of times but haven't played him much lately. Last thing I think I did with him was give Xander the title Murderstripe for eating birds.

The last thing I had said about the leadership of the sparrows was that Quickbeak retired. Someone played a new ruler a long while back but they've disappeared so I assume the role would have passed on down the line with maybe one of his grandkids leading now. If someone wants to take them over they're welcome to it, whether that be by playing one of Quick's descendants (He had a habit of naming his kids after nuts or with the word nut in the name, he really liked nuts) or for someone new taking over.

#125 2020-12-28 01:40:05 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

benar and i have an rp scheduled for tomorrow where he and squirrelbabe finally talk (although i might have to postpone it due to a significant winter storm that might be headed my way to dump snow and ice on my area alll day tomorrow).  dochas has been avoiding this talk for like a month, even though both dorarose and krisha have both told her to go talk to him.  i was thinking, even if i can't get on tomorrow, maybe if benar and krisha are, you guys could mention it, if you want to.  krisha can even say d.r. mentioned to her that she had told squirrelbabe to go talk to the abbot.  you guys don't have to, but i thought I'd mention it.  it's okay if you don't.  smile  but, yeah.  squirrelbabe has been avoiding the abbot this whole time.  but their discussion is inevitable (bwahahahaha).

Board footer