Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#26 2020-08-26 05:37:07 PM

oz

Re: Misc: IC Stuff: Redwall

It's very good descriptions

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

#27 2020-08-27 02:52:19 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

#28 2020-09-04 06:41:12 AM

Elmef

Sorry I have not been on this week
Work has been insane

I should be back Sunday/monday

#29 2020-09-04 01:25:10 PM

oz

and the heros back at abbey is Tuesday 8th so...should be cool

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol

#30 2020-09-10 12:12:31 PM

Elmef

Hello all!

Just a little thing from me really with regards to my Mega-Poses as people have started calling them!
I am always happy to kick of an event or start a roleplay with one of my poses but please do not assume I will just be ready to do one if you have not actually asked me to do so.

They take a lot of time to write out so suddenly dropping one on me on the day means it will quite frankly, be a bit awful.
I write the mega-poses that launch things like Redwall Feasts well in advance so i can make them good and shine and I really dislike putting up something that I think is sub-par.

This has happened a couple of times during the slaver TP. It wasn't my event but people just assumed I'd be writing mega-poses and taking the lead. This left me in the position of having to scramble and write something sub-par and then lead an actual large role-play with no warning or time to prep. It was either that or flat our refuse and disappoint everyone, but it still left me in the position of feeling like I was letting everyone down with a very sub-par performance and stressed. I took a week off from the MUCK after the last time it happened to me as I felt so stressed out and that I'd done an awful job I couldn't face logging on again.

So please ask me in advance if you'd like me to write one of my big poses and take the lead of a scene. I honestly enjoy doing them but not without any warning.

I do not want another repeat of the Dibbuns returning to the abbey incident or the final fight on Terramort where I had no warning at all and everyone was expected me to run things. It is very stressful to be frantically trying to write something half-decent with no prep and everyone waiting around.

Just because I might be running Benar, Ciocan or Matilda doesn't mean I will assume I will be in charge or prepare something in advance, especially if someone else is actually organising the event. It'd be rude to just assume i was doing so, so please ask me in advance.

Thanks for your time
Elmef

Last edited by Elmef (2020-09-10 12:13:08 PM)

#31 2020-09-10 12:25:50 PM

oz

I think you did a good job smile

I play:

#32 2020-09-10 12:31:16 PM

Mother Krisha

I think you did a very good job with the large poses. But yes warning you ahead of time would be good, your right, sorry.

It appears you are in charge of the feast this Saturday smile and the Dibbun Slaver TP is over now. I am curious about what the Autumn name will be, likely something kind of cool.I could help think up one if needed and page mail you ideas.

I don't have any other planed out TPs any time soon so no worries.

#33 2020-09-10 06:28:15 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

I agree that assuming someone is in charge of an event or that they will do a big pose to start it off without discussing it with them ahead of time is a bit disrespectful and very unrealistic.  I understand that is not what anyone meant to do.  I applaud Elmef for speaking up for himself and his boundaries; that takes great courage, and I expect everyone to please respect him and his boundaries. 

However, no matter what one does, people will be disappointed; this is just the way life is.  So I want to also let everyone (including Elmef) off the hook.  You can not please everyone all the time, and I think that's just the way life is.  Disappointment is only deadly if we let it breed bitterness, so I think we all need to work on giving each other (and ourselves) more grace, and also work on being okay with not meeting everyone's expectations. 

And maybe not having so many expectations on each other?

But, yeah.  just my thoughts on the subject.  I always assume I'm going to have people upset with me, so I just do my thing, try to be kind, and assume people are disappointed with me.  My home life has always been like that, so, yeah.  I just live my life and do my thing. 

~*~

Hope to RP soon big_smile

#34 2020-09-12 11:53:16 AM

oz

I might not be able to get on today for role play, just a heads up

I play:

#35 2020-09-12 03:03:28 PM

Elmef

I am also unable to get on
RL has happened and I am having to deal with things for work

#36 2020-09-12 03:30:41 PM

Log-A-Log

Maybe this Monday or Friday? That's 14th or 18th.  Theu needed more time to plan the feast maybe smile

I play:  Xavier ( Log-A-log of GUOSIM) Elbio (Lt.,Archer, and Fighter in Long Patrol and RW Residential Hare)

#37 2020-09-12 06:11:00 PM

Mother Krisha

Looks like Thursday 17th September , round 2 or 3 EST most likely

#38 2020-09-12 06:22:39 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

i hope the things keeping everyone from the muck get better! 

if it's on a thursday, i may be able to come on and feature my chars for a pose or 2 smile  I'll have to see the day of.

hope to rp soon!!

(typed on my phone.  i apologize for any and all typos.)

#39 2020-09-12 07:14:47 PM

oz

I will be on. I think this should be really cool. A feast ( we need a really food name for the autumn season...hmmms Autumn of Many Blessings? Or something like that...Autumn  of Hope's Return...ine of these maybe or a combo of them somehow.

I mean heros came back with dibbuns. There is a wedding to be had, and just a lot of joy and hope back!

I play:

#40 2020-09-14 03:55:57 PM

Willow

I'm not going to be around Thursday, I should be back by Saturday. My characters will just be in the background somewhere for the feast.

#41 2020-09-16 10:00:58 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

I will try to get on at like 1 or 2 pm central time tomorrow to do a megapose or 2 for my chars.  i think I'll have time tomorrow since i only have a little bit of homework left.  i also plan and hope to be on at like 1 or 2 pm on Saturday, and be on for the whole afternoon smile

hope to rp soon! big_smile

(typed on my phone.  i apologize for any un-caught typos)

#42 2020-09-17 09:05:23 AM

Elmef

I am not going to be able to log on until about 8pm my time here in London
I have a Directors meeting at 7pm and I cannot be on the MUCK and distracted whilst at this meeting

I'll log on as soon as I finish work today but I will have to vanish for that meeting

#43 2020-09-17 10:00:36 AM

oz

Sounds ok.
No need to be on the whole time after all.

I play:

#44 2020-09-17 10:19:18 AM

Elmef

I have my starting mega pose written out in full
So it is all ready to go
I just may have to duck out once it is up and running

#45 2020-09-17 01:47:47 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

I am able to be on for a little bit today, so I shall run my chars for at least 1 pose smile

#46 2020-09-22 08:10:25 PM

oz

thinking Lord Ciocan and his hares start trip back to Salamanstron by Saturday September 26th.

I play:

#47 2020-09-23 06:44:22 AM

Mother Krisha

yeah makes since head home on Saturday 26th september.
they get back in like 2 weeks at most

#48 2020-09-27 02:11:55 PM

Mother Krisha

A couple asked on having a new day the Long Patrol and Badger Lord can head back.....I say it really doesn't need role played out. The Long patrol and Lord Ciocan would head out in the morning and travel back to Salamandstron.(They ICLY left Redwall like Monday September 28th...if its role played out cool,if not still cool). Halfway down the River Moss they get back to the Ship Valor and sail that back to the beach by the mountain smile. I will let Elmef decide what to say they keep the ship Valor at as it does belong to him now smile

If you all want a date they can expect to be back at Salamanstron then here is one, back home to the mountain and western shore on October 12th, that's a Tuesday.....Ya there ya go.

#49 2020-09-30 02:31:42 PM

Mother Krisha

OK,
Since the hares and Ciocan are now on the way home......we need to still have some role play smile

I say maybe some simple repairs still going on, the harvest should be in now, so maybe a role play to get some last minute spices from the traveling Spice merchant?

I know The GUOSIM has left, as has Camp Willow.

I am sure we can get some role play going smile I had thought of an early winter snow....but don't know (And if did happen would not be till like end October as usually snow is like middle December..

#50 2020-09-30 02:34:57 PM

Mother Krisha

Almost forgot!

Krisha is taking 3-4 days off and yes she let Benar know. She has Xander and Oz with her and is in Ferrvale checking on her father's Blacksmith shop and just having some family time with Xander and Oz. Also, Caleb can of come too, if he wants to that is...I will leave it up to Caleb if he tagged along or not.

Board footer