Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-07-12 02:53:03 PM

Log-A-Log

More Plans-Dibbun Slavers TP LOG

* I said I would get this off logger and so here it is, important to the plot *

LOG:

Right after this:

http://forum.rwmuck.org/viewtopic.php?id=1752

Tenzin was the ship, he was awake too and had left with the badger to go further into the cove but they had just now returned as he watched Ciocan go over to say something to some hares.   

Leigh was sitting by herself off to the side, new on the ship and clearly noticed too. She had came back with Tenzin, Keldorn and Ciocan.

Gregorian has had some time to calm down and was mostly his usual grumpy self. The yelling earlier didn't exactly help his mood but the ship was safe and if it meant they'd actually have a plan of attack now that was all he wanted. He's still on the ship, watching one side of the cove for any trouble. His ear turns to Ciocan talking to someone and Tenzin's return but he doesn't speak up so far.   

Tenzin for now is talking to no one really, he knows no one on the ship, but well the shrew he saved a couple weeks ago so he walks over to her "Hey Leigh...glad ya with friends now "   

Leigh nods "I am glad, yes.I have yet to see Oswald but he is likely asleep and I don't wish to wake him if he needs rest"   

Gregorian's ear turns to them as they start talking too and after a moment he does glance over to the pair, looking them over. It's a long pause before he says anything though "Yah one of the shrews from Mossflowah aren't yah?"   

Tenzin steps back a bit he just crosses his arms and stays off to the side, he will speak if needed but for now he is silent.   

Leigh nods "Yes Sur..one of the GUOSIM.I was taken captive when I saw the ship,I was gonna alert my Log-a-log when one of the verimin knocked me out and I woke on a boat that was made into a slave ship, I was with the dibbuns that were taken, they later got a larger ship and sailed here"   

Gregorian hmms, nodding slowly "Just...undahstandin' the situation. It's a long way tah come from home...We'll be glad tah put and end tah this and get back...As soon as we have a plan tah do that"   

Tenzin speaks now " She is one of the many beasts me and my friends saved when that...wolverine decided he was bored and tried to slay them...Gorax needs dead and if ya badger don't do it I will" The otter is very serious too.   

Leigh nods, she has only been on the ship maybe an hour or less, she frowns at Tenzin but has heard why he wants the wolverine dead, she watches him "Thats...a sudical mission Tenzin..what would Kash think if you dashed off by your self?"

Gregorian looks back to Tenzin with another thoughtful hmm. He shakes his head "Wolverines are thankfully rare. Nevah had tah fight one myself. Fightin' one alone seems unwise. Bettah odds fightin' in a group...or perhaps from a distance, with an awful lot of arrows"   

Tenzin glares at both of them and mutters, he then speaks "Kash is dead, thanks to one of that wolverine's...pets as he calls them"   

The door to Ciocan's cabin opens and the Badger Lord steps out, listening to Oswald, the shrew glances across the deck at the others.

Oswald reaches out a paw and stopped the badger and then walked across the deck and just threw his arms around Leigh, sweeping her off her feet so he could stare into her eyes. "Hello there.."   

Ciocan chuckles and watches the shrews with a warm smile, walking over toward the others, "Hello everyone," he is holding one of Tenzin's maps, "I was just having a look at these maps.... we need to finalize a plan for reaching the little one. Our top priority needs to be securing them so the vermin can't threaten them."   

Leigh smiles as Oswald appears and smiles, she chuckles and hugs him "Oswald....I am so glad to see you" She has, for now, forgotten about the grumpy sea otter.   

Gregorian raises an eyebrow back at Tenzin's glare "That is no reason tah throw yahself at him alone when yah have beasts who can help" he stands to attention as the badger appears though he still looks grouchy. He opens his mouth to say something but forces it close again without another word.

Tenzin looks over at Ciocan and manages to calm, some anyways."Hello...so me maps are helpful, good...any exits of tunnels are marked, but its wise ta still be careful, and a couple are just spy holes, all hidden...so far anyways"   

Ciocan looks at Gregorian and quirks a brow, "Everything ok Greg? Please speak your mind," He then nods to Tenzin, smiling at the sea otter, "They are good, the spy holes should let us have a closer look. Matilda wants to go use a few of them to spy on them, I was wondering if you would possibly go with them?"   

Oswald meanwhile just holds Leigh for a long moment, then kisses her snout and lets her back up, "I was so worried for you...." The bells in his hair ring as he kneels down and pulls something out of his coat. He clicks the box open and holds it up to her, revealing the small band of twisted gold and silver wrapped around a tiny little glittering chunk of tiger-eyes, "I was going to save this until we got home but I won't risk losing you again Leigh, will you do me the honour of being my wife"   

Leigh had her attention on Oswald now, she smiled "I am ok, thanks to Tenzin..."She watches as the other shrew kneels and then the ring and her eyes widen. She smiles widely and nods to Oswald "Yes...yes of course Oswald"   

Tenzin nods "I will help and you can keep the maps, I know my way around without the maps."He looks briefly over at the two shrews and has a rare smile, and then his attention is back on Ciocan"There is a small group also willing to help too,I am sure..former slaves me and..."He frowns "Kash has saved over the seasons"

Gregorian had been angry the previous day when the badger had locked himself away, he was now calmer but still disgruntled. He considered saying it was nothing but he'd been told to say what he'd want to so "Felicity. Reachin' the little ones /and/ Felicity" he was still angry she'd been taken. He glances back to the shrews again in time or the proposal and some hares have stopped to watch and seem very happy to have something good happen for once. Greg at least claps politely.   

Oswald smiles and slips the ring onto Leighs' finger then stands up and just holds her hands in his, "As soon as we are home, we'll ask Log-a-Log to perform the ceremony..." he smiled, "We're going to need a bigger hut for the two of us."   

Ciocan smiles at the shrews, glad they could be reuinted then turns back to Tenzin and lays a hand on his shoulder, "I am sorry about your friend, I am sure they died well, however, freeing others from captivity. We will avenge him and all we have lost when we rescue the children of Redwall Abbey."   

He then turns to Gregorian and leans down, eye to eye with the hare, "I am going to rip this island apart until Felicity is safe, I would count it a kindness my friend if you would join me in burning the place to the ground until we can all hear her laugh once more and no vermin can ever use it as a base again."   

Leigh smiles and hugs Oswald, she is happy to be back with him,"Home will be good." She gives him a quick kiss.   

Gregorian stares back at the badger and seems to be considering things because he's stubborn and he has to convince himself to move on from his anger. He nods once after a short pause "They will burn. I presume we now have a plan, sah?"   

Oswald just stands with one arm around Leigh happily as he listens to the Badger Lord and the others talk. He looks like he is never going to let her go again.   

Ciocan smiles, "As soon as Matilda returns from a scouting mission yes, we will have a plan Gregorian then they are all going to burn. I have had enough of these child snatchers, I think we'd all quite like to have our friends back and go home."   

He looks across the deck and points, "Major Varus, take command of the hares, everyones discipline has been a little lack whilst we have been at sea, I want weapons shining, boots gleaming, uniforms pressed, every hare is going to be needed for this and since the Dill Sargeant has been kidnapped I think it only good you remind the rank and file that the officers know how to get them shipshape same as her."   

Tenzin listens as well "I am helping and I can get my friends as well to help.There is fighters and a couple healers"He is heading back to the entry to the large tunnel at the cove there are at, he adds"I won't go off alone" Though he very much wants too."The sooner this place burns...the better" He then disappears to get the others in his small group of former slaves in on the plan as well, those that will help that is as soem may be too afraid to.   

Leigh smiles at Oswald, she glances over at the others as they talk.She is willing to help, even if its only as a healer, though she can use a sling.   

Varus hears his name called just as he was coming up the stairs from below, and as he comes into view he salutes. "Sah, yes Sah." He turns on a group of slackers, and says, "You 'eard 'im. Stand up straightah. Straighten yahr uniforms. I want y' t' be lookin' shipshape."

Gregorian nods along to the badger's words "Lets hope scoutin' goes bettah this time" and they don't immediately run in to lizards again. He gives Varus a quick salute as the major appears and watches as hares scramble to do as they're told.   

Ciocan nods to Gregorian, "I should hope now we have Tenzin's map we will be able to avoid their patrols and get a proper look at things." The badger watched the hares scrambling and smiled, he knew Varus would sort them out. Oswald meanwhile took Leigh's hand in his and smiled, "Do you want me on the final assault or here keeping the ship ready?" The badger thought for a moment, "Stay here Oswald, keep the Valour ready to go incase we need to leave in a hurry."   

Leigh smiles "I can stay on the ship as well."She could still tend to any injured hares brought back to the ship, they likely have other healers going with them .   

It has been a difficult past couple days for Terrence as he stayed on the ship - while he kept his doubts about the initial landing private, after the attack he has had less success. Those hares in his squad have heard many a dark muttering from their sergeant, and now the bespectacled hare paces back and forth on the shore waiting for whatever Varus and the Badger Lord say. He's not been happy with any of the recent plans, to put it lightly - after the capture of Felicity and the death of the old hamster he is /livid./   

Varus makes sure the hares are looking sharp. He won't accept any lazy slackers anymore.

Ciocan shakes his head and sighs, "We will get them all back, but we shall do it together everyone. I know everyone is furious and angry but cool heads will prevail... so we must all be sensible."   

Leigh nods "Yes together is best, No one tries to do anything on their own"   

There is an ever so slight twitch to Terrence's eye as he hears the shrew and badger speak, and he marches over. "With all do respect, sah," He salutes the badger lord, "What are we going to do? The longah we wait the more likely it is the, well," He restrains himself from calling the slavers a particularly nasty name, "/They/ will be preparing fo'h ouh attack."   

Konner takes a moment to straighten his shoulders as Varus inspects them - and surprisingly he's rather well kept today, and so are all the rest of the hares. It seems the events of yesterday has lit a fire in them and they are done slacking, particularly Konner.   

Ciocan turns to Terrence and leans down until he is eye to eye with the younger hare, "Matilda is scouting right now, with Tenzin and his maps of the tunnels. But we are not running in half-cocked, this is their island, they know the lay of the land we do not. Once I hear back from Matilda we shall finalize our plan and then we shall assault them."   

He straightens, "If we go now all we will do is give the vermin a chance to use the hostages against us. If they start threatening to kill the the dibbuns, or hold a sword to Felicity's throat what are we going to do? Surrender and then they have all of us prisoner?" he shakes his head, "No one, and I mean no one is storming off half-cocked on some attempted rescue. Once we have a plan that will allow us to put our forces between the vermin and the hostages in the first encounter. Do I make myself clear?"   

Varus stops directly in front of Konner, and he looks the younger buck up and down. "Y' look put togethah, wot. But 'ow do I know y' really mean business? Tell me why I shouldn't leave you 'ere on th' boat alone." He also overhears the Badger Lord, and nods in agreement. "Well said, Sah."   

Leigh sits down staying near Oswald as she listens, she has decided to be one of them staying on the ship. Wounded would likely be brought to them to tend to.   

Terrence doesn't back down - not quite. "I understand, sah, but that was a bloody wolverine. I didn't even believe they existed." He takes in a shaky breath (either from anger or nervousness) and continues, "I daresay we need to be careful about him, and there is nothing stopping us from planning his death, sah. And to be frank the prisoners are already good as-" He cuts himself off, leaving the rest of his words unsaid. "Sah, I understand that we absolutely cannot have a half-cooked plan. The hares are trained fo'h battle - and trust me /none/ of them are slacking now - all the rest are not. We can't let some damn fool try and duel the beast when the time comes. We need to deal with him quickly and preferably /safely/."   

Konner swallows. "Uh, yes sah." At the major's threat, he winces. "Because I've been trained to work with the," He says, tentatively, "The rest of my unit as group and removing me will cause them to be, well, one short, Sah?"   

Oswald sits down next to Leigh, since he is staying on the ship to keep it ready to sail he is content to keep Leigh here with him. He takes one of her hands and just sits back listening to the badger lord talk. After awhile he rests his head on Leigh's shoulder, the reunited shrews snoozing togheter.   

"We will deal with it Terrence," Ciocan says softly, "No one is dueling that beast, Matilda, Myself, DoraRose we shall work out a plan. Everyone will have their place but no one, and that includes me is doing any half cocked heroism that will put the little ones at risk."   
He straightens, "Now I need to get back to planning, I will be in my ready room, Varus continue to shape them all up, Oswald..." he turns and then smiles, "Oswald has the deck, someone wake him if there is ship business that needs tending too. Otherwise I want all of you ship-shape and ready to go ashore."

I play:  Xavier ( Log-A-log of GUOSIM) Elbio (Lt.,Archer, and Fighter in Long Patrol and RW Residential Hare)

#2 2020-07-12 03:20:28 PM

oz

Re: More Plans-Dibbun Slavers TP LOG

This is Rest and Thanks...I was bit too tried to get it and Log-A-Log volunteered, so said go for it!

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Varus harrumps, and looks Konner square in the eye. "Good answer, lad. Good answer. We'll make a Parollah outta you, yet..."   
There is a moments pause or two after the badger lord departs before Terrence moves again, the sergeant still clearly bothered by something. He makes his way slowly to Varus and his squad to observe them silently.   

"Ohthankgoodness." Konner breaths out, relief that he isn't in trouble (again) washing over him.   

"I suppose, Majah," Terrence says after watching the interaction, "It's too late to ask fo'h more archahs?" He laughs bitterly. "No mattah Zolomon's... well, quirks, he is a damn good shot and we could have used him. But slings and speahs will have to do in the meantime, because these lot are far bettah in formation fighting than skirmishing."   

Varus sighs, and nods. "Aye, we coulda used more archahs, bu' this is all we got. If'n y' recall, we still got tha' othah patrol off on a secret mission back 'ome."   

"Yes, I suppose that's true." Terrence shrugs, looking out at the island. "I'm going to formally request permission to go to shore to have the patrol practice watah landing drills and the like , saffron the boat, sah. Yesterday went as bad as it could have despite no patroller dying and I don't want to repeat that." The sergeant turns to go, grabbing various things and ordering the hares to prepare for the drill. "Anyway, Sah, I, well..." He sighs, deciding to not say anything more. "Be seeing you, sah!"

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer