Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-07-11 07:49:29 PM

oz

They Need Help!-Missing Badger Mother LOG

Who:

Patch-TavernOwner,Spy

Elbio- LP Hare, Archer and Fighter

Blisa-Chieftain of Ferravale

Texo-Architect of Ferravale

Krisha-Badger Mother

Also spoofs of guards of Ferravale, and some other helpful creatures...

LOG:

Patch is in a panic, a clear full-blown panic as first he was told ok you can't just keep someone in the tavern, ok then he was gonna keep an eye on them, then another beast showed up and things just got worse from there quickly.He was trying to figure out words to say, but he had to find the chieftain first and then, no he be insane to go to the abbey as some likely turn him into a pin cushion after the rats and him being....well a rat.

Texo was just taking a walk,he had been busy lately so many things he seriously needed s break   

Patch scoots to a stop just in time "hey...hey you see Blisa? It's important, trust me....and well they were ok when left...not Blisa someone else and it was not my doing it just sort of happen, also someone needs to go to the abbey....not me, but someone and soon"   

Texo backs up" What....trouble? Like invasion and why the abbey, and who is or maybe not ok?"   

Patch takes a deep breath and speaks or starts to and just looks at the ground, he said he wouldn't tell."Its fer the chief to hear, no one else right now...maybe you could go to the abbey, yeah they wouldn't be worried about you, you're a weasel"   

Texo says, "I can't go unless know details of what is needed or for who and why"   

Patch groans "Ok see...a couple of thier...beasts are here, like in a cave and the cave...it...ok there was a cave-in, and the hare mentioned moles and a ...Adrian, whoever that is...but the hare and one other was alive, they were talking course I have no clue fer how long..so..yeah ok I am stressed deal with it"   

Texo frowns " I can sure, Blisa does need to know asap patch, so tell her and. I will find other help"   

Patch rolls his eyes "I know Blisa needs ta know now ya said you would tell the abbey now go already!"   

Texo frowns but nods as he heads in the direction that would lead to the abbey.

"What is it you need, Patch? I've been in the orchards all day, you know. I always take Basil out to exercise there in the mornings." Blisa is standing behind the tavern owner, her green eyes boring into him grumpily. Ferdinand and Valerie are standing behind her, watching the rat suspiciously. "Ann told me Krisha is here in Ferravale. Is she needing to talk to me about something?"   

Patch eyes go wide when he sees the chieftain "Ummm...welll...ya see, she is still here and right now talking be hard ta do....or I mean she could unless she dead....but she wasnt earlier and thar is a hare now too, and.."He looks towards a path from the pond "Errrrr.....I didn't do it by the way..it just happen...ok"   

Texo frowns, he will still head to the abbey but he speaks " Something about a cave.. I was going to get abbey beasts and patch mentions moles be good to find"   

Blisa's eyes widen, and she snaps her fingers. "There's no time to go to the Abbey, Texo! Go through the village and gather all the weasels, ferrets, and stoats you can find! They tend to be good diggers. If you see any moles on your way, get them, too! Tell them the Chieftain needs their help for an emergency." She goes to grab the tavern owner's tunic and pull him to her, which also might make him have to kneel since she's so much shorter than he is. "Stop talking gibberish. WHAT. HAPPENED?"   

Patch knows better than to run and frowns "The...badger mother....I didn't tell her to go in a cave, and didn't know it was dangerous me and the longears was...he was threatening me!" He frowns "Suddenly there is this like..sound and a scream and the hare goes in to try and get her out and then more...the entry caved in!I was no where near it I swear!"   

Texo frowns" Shouldn't the abbey know?" But he rushes off to do as asked as quickly as possible.

Blisa listens, then releases the rat. "Show me -- and hurry!" She'll follow him, her bodyguards hard on her heels. Rescuing the badger and the hare is more urgent than telling the Abbey -- she'll make sure they find out as soon as possible.

Patch makes it to where the cave...well sort of is, there is a small bit of an opening and tons of rocks,soil and gravel as the rat points to it."There..."

Krisha is inside with Elbio, there is the tiniest of an opening that the hare managed to make, its enough to maybe get a paw in, but its very good for getting fresh air in right now, least the hole is there for now anyways, one would need to find another way to dig the two out safely.   

Blisa follows the rat, a look of horror crossing her face as they reach the entrance of the cave. A number of ferrets, weasels, a stoat, and a couple of moles arrive shortly thereafter. The Chieftain points to the cave-in. "There are beasts trapped in there! We need to get them out, fast! Moles, you are in charge of this operation. The rest of you, do as they say -- and be careful!" Ferdinand is looking at the debris blocking the opening. "They have a hole for air," he observes. Valerie gets as close as she dares. "Is anybeast alive in there?" she calls, her big fox ears pricked forward to hear any response.

Patch frowns as he stays where he is, he paces a little also "What...what do I do?" He is not the best thinker at times like this.   

Krisha is inside, hearing voices she snorts.She looks at Elbio and kind of shakes him a little with a frown, she seems unwilling to say anything but finally does "Yeah....we are." She speaks quietly, she is tried and just still very stressed and depressed right now and the mostly dark cave is not helping, being traped is not helping.   

Valerie frowns. "I think I heard something, but I'm not sure." A mole informs them to stay quiet as they tap on the dirt and rocks and things. They start ordering the weasels and ferrets and the lone stoat, and everyone quickly gets to work, some of the weasels heading off to get timber to shore up the tunnel with. Blisa bites her lip, and Ferdinand stands beside her, watching with worry. The cat glances at the rat. "Patch, you can get water, and...Valerie, what else do you think will be needed?" The vixen is quick to come up with some ideas. "We need water, some soup, and I'll need hot water to make poultices and rinse wounds. I also need some extra herbs and bandages from the Infirmary." The Chieftain nods. "You can get those things, Patch. That would be very helpful."

Patch nods and he then rushes off to get the items mentioned after making sure he got the list correct, he is off and plans to not be gone too long, likely to even bring a couple of others to help him bring the needed items   

Krisha listens for a little while and then sighs as she scoots back a little way from the area where all the rocks and stuff is as she frowns, she likely should say something but for now she is quiet.   

The weasels return with timber, and the crew starts shoring up the tunnel and pulling out debris....VERY CAUTIOUSLY. No way are they going to recklessly risk another cave-in. Valerie waits until the hole widens, then calls, "Please, is anybeast alive in there? Answer me!" The cat adds to her pleas. "This is Blisa, Chieftain of Ferravale. We're trying to get you out of there. I promise that we shall do everything we can to keep you safe. Please let us know if you can hear us."   

Krisha frowns and replies "I am here....I can hear you "   

They continue to work through the dirt, and the timber starts to groan as it takes the weight of the tunnel roof. "Hurr, we's best be a hurryin'!" a mole warns. Blisa starts pacing anxiously. Valerie heads to the mouth of the cave. "Can you walk? You need to be ready to get out of there the moment a path is clear!" The digging crew breaks through in another area, but the hole is still not big enough for the trapped creatures to escape through. Almost, but not quite.   

Patch brings the needed items "I...I...return...with stuff and others"

Krisha listens and frowns as the digging seems to upset the weak tunnel again as she scoots away from some rocks and dirt.She frowns and goes to pull the hare out of the hare and coughs, least they should be out soon...she hopes as she actually wants out now.   

Elbio wakes up from his semi-consciousness "Wot..wot is..happening?" Ok he is a little out of it right now.   

The work crew has widened the hole to just big enough for the badger to escape through! The stoat and a couple weasels slip in as more dirt falls from the ceiling. "Hurr, get out quick, gennelbeasts!!" a mole hollers. The stoat and a weasel go to help the hare out while the other weasel tries to help the badger out! Blisa turns to the rat as he returns. "Perfect, thank you, Patch..." Ferdinand bellows, "IT'TH GONNA COLLAPTHE!!" The rescues try to rush the trapped beasts out!   

Patch frowns and backs up, he is concerned as if this goes badly, he is NOT THE ONE to bring that news to the abbey, nope.   

Krisha frowns, but she doesn't answer Elbio and just kind of grabs him and gets the heck out of there ......just as the tunnel and cave decide to finish caving in! Lots of dirt,rock, and that cave and tunnel is for sure a lost as some more rumbles and ...then it's quiet.   
Elbio blinks as he is yanked "Hey..hey watch de foot....paw....."He looks at the cave and his ears flatten "Never mind....that would of been*coughs * worse..."He would stand but his footpaw is badly sprung and swollen, it may be cracked but not all the way through.   

The weasels and ferrets and moles and the stoat all get the badger and the hare out of the way just in the nick of time! The timbers groan and collapse, tiny ricks and splintering wood shooting out from the mouth of the cave. There are a few screams as the rescuers get smacked by the flying debris, but nobody dies, and that's the main issue. Valerie rushes forward, instructing Patch and the beasts he brought to pass out water and give Krisha and Elbio some soup as she tends to everyone's injuries, the formerly trapped beasts being her priority. Blisa walks forward, Ferdinand following her, and crouches in front of the badger. "Are you 2 alright? That sounds like a terrifying experience," the cat says, showing an unusual empathy. Actually, she's pretty empathetic, she just usually hides it.   

Patch helps to get stuff passed out, well seems the rat can be fairly helpful after all.   

Krisha frowns at the soup but she does eat half of it and drinks the water. Otherwise she is not very talkative, in fact more silent for the most part.She does let them look at her wrist, it's broken in a couple of places, some cuts on her arm otherwise she is fine ..wound wise.   

Elbio smiles at the offer of food and water and , after he eats he glances over at the badger and frowns, "Lass?" He sighs and looks to the others "Thanks....for the help, I am ok except my footpaw, de lass...ummm....bally well think not so fine at all"

Blisa frowns. While Valerie does her Healer thing fixing up everyone's wounds, the cat sits in front of the hare. "She doesn't seem like the Krisha I know, although I will say that I don't know her that well. Why is she in Ferravale? How is she not alright?" Ferdinand stays on guard, protecting the Chieftain. The rescuers allow the Healer to help them, enjoying their nice cold water.   

Patch starts to pace and then speaks "She...she wanted me ta let her have a room, she was gonna be in stripes old office cause..tis still there, she said she left cause everything was her fault, not that I wouldn't of...told...well someone...soonish"   

Elbio still is unsure of the rat, he clears his throat"Ya have a bally welll depressed badger on your paws wot,...de lass needs someone ta talk to and I don't see how something is bally well her fault, tis..."He chooses his words wisely"The ..bad beasts, the slavers fault "

Blisa looks at the badger, thinking. "Maybe the Abbot will know who should talk to her. I'm not sure how safe it is to be traveling right now. But I will do what I can to keep her safe and keep her where she can be found." When Valerie is done tending everyone, the workers leave to go back to what they were doing, and the Chieftain and her bodyguards take their guests to the Infirmary.....and give the Head Healer strict instructions to not let the badger go anywhere. She has to stay in the Infirm until someone from the Abbey can take her home.   

Patch decides to go back to the tavern, he has a couple trusted beasts who keep things in order while he was away, he does look over  the group and then it's on to the tavern.   

Elbio tries to limp and then mutters about his footpaw and pouts, he will go to the infirm though and stay, if anything to keep an eye on the abbey's Badger Mother.

Last edited by oz (2020-07-11 07:49:59 PM)

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer