Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-07-04 03:55:19 PM

oz

Let's Get Xander a Guest Room!-LP LOG

WHO:

Zolomon- Sargeant, Archer, Runner in LP

Keifer-Healer and Private in LP

Xander- Recovering at Salamandstron and Former Warrior

Julia- Dibbun Hare

LOG:

Zolomon was taking a needed break and it was lunch time so everyone or almost everyone was eating or finishing lunch now. He rubs his neck some "Training recruits can get annoying"   

Keifer shrugs "I wouldn't know sur, never did train recruit and not really able to do much in way of making sure healers are doing well unless its clear, at times, they give me the wrong herb..."

Xander decided he had enough of the infirm and its recovery room. The past few days with help and without he has tried to walk.Today he got a cane and maybe it could be a little bigger, it worked for now and even if it was slow going and his right leg was hardly moving, ok his toes did, he was getting across the room and made it to the hallway.   

Zolomon smiles "Maybe one day, your good at healer stull K..ya know what herbs are which by like smell and touch and that's so cool"

Keifer groans "Yeah, what ever...want to know what else...there was mint all over, powdered mint that took hours to get to that state, not that mint does...a lot, it is used for flavoring some mixtures...oh well on that now, also helps tummy aches and can numb an area that needs sewing, also helps toothaches somewhat"   

Xander meanwhile slowly limps down the hallway and looks around,a snort as he slowly, about falls twice before balancing on his left leg and reaches to the doorway leading to the dining chamber, peaking in he takes a step and falls flat on his face just about,but catches himself and tenses up in pain when he hits his , of course....right arm, his paw on the same arm shakes as he growls a little at the fact its annoying as heck even if it shakes a lot less than before.   

Zolomon eyes widen and he is quickly standing and getting a couple of privates to help as well as he goes to "Xandy!! Your..your in here...I mean are ya ok, anything broke..pain..well course pain, how did you...all way from?"   

Keifer ears flatten as he sighs "And don't listen to me...let's walk on my own..."He is curious though and walks over"Wait, you made it from the recovery room to here?"   

Xander allows the help up and shoos the hares away.."Chair...need to  have help to a chair and I used a cane, slowly got here and like leaned on the walls...and in the room tables and doorway."He snorts as he about tumbles again but the cane, which again needs to be bigger, helps steady him..   

Zolomon helps him to a chair,"Whoa...."He then smiles "Wait....K..ya did say if he could get out of the infirm, even if slow on his own he could like get his own room and have Ozzy in it too right?"

Keifer frowns, "Yeah..though General Quinten does have a final say so, though am impressed with your determination Xander, very much so."He singles a recruit to get some fresh bandages"Let me check on the leg ok...please"   

Xander allows help to the chair and sits down "I am...ok...and thank you" He lets the healer look at his leg, it's healing fairly well but will leave a scar from the lower part of his back and down the upper leg to above the knee, he frowns.His right arm has a small scar by his elbow, he looks at his paw as it shakes a little so he lowers it" My own room with me son would be nice, it's lonely in the infirm recovery and I can't have my son in thar at all"   

Zolomon smiles "But ya can have him in your own room...yes I shall mention it ta General Q and he will likely get that room and it would be a lot cozier, and others can visit better. And we can find a better cane, or staff....hmmmms we can figure out wot is better, ya need some food Xandy cause I can get it"He smiles as he is glad his friend made it to the Dining Hall that's luckily on the same level as the infirm.   

Keifer hmms "Healing...well"He feels along the arm and stops at his paw, hmmms "So ..well shaking not sure but it is less right?" He will then rebandage the leg as since the wound is healed it won't really need more herbs just a sort of tight bandage, "General Quinten may know of a large staff or...cane yes unless one can be made...least think a blacksmith in training could, we do have at least one to of course keep forge burning and ...all that"   

Xander nods "It shakes less yeah" He smiles at Zolomon "Food be great Zolomon and tea if thar is any, maybe just green tea with honey"   

Zolomon pose smiles, he gets some stew, couple rolls, a slice of pie, salad and does find the tea and some ale and brings it over to Xander."Here xandy." He sits next to his friend.   

Keifer scoots back and goes back to his own lunch"you should still have some help though in the walking and try not to do it, too much"

Xander frowns but doesn't say much, he just eats his lunch and speaks when he is about half done" Help is ok, but I am gonna need to do more practice, I can stand just not too long and this is the first I tried walking very far..kind of shaky on the footpaws and my right leg is...well"He frowns as the leg just doesn't move at all, he has had a hare move it some so his knee doesnt like lock up but it hurt, in a way he was glad for pain at times as it ment he had some feeling in the leg but he was told he would never have full feeling in it ever gain, he was lucky to have any at times and the fact he could kind of move a toe or two was a surprise, muscle and a main nerve in the leg was messed up thanks to the poison and the hip was cracked,luckly not all the way but still couned as a break and a few small bits of bone did have to be removed, but all in all the leg was still healing, he was glad for that.   

Zolomon says, "Not to worry Xandy, your getting better and recovering"

Keifer nods "That's true Xander you are...there was talk of finding a wheelchair for you but it seems not as needed now, if you can get a better cane or staff...welll you should be able to walk with it,even if a lot slower than you would like...distance?...not sure yet as long trips would need a lot of rest and I would frown upon it "   

Xander frowns "But I..I need to be able to get home, after that it's fine to not do long trips...even to like Ferravale from the abbey,I would just stay at the abbey..maybe go to the roadside market and yeah not by myself"Just in case he would fall and not be able to get up welll,"Though I wouldn't go too often"He frowns, help to and from somewhere just seems..wrong to him,he feels helpless but he knows he would likely have to have some...even after he gets a better cane"As for..getting back home...maybe one of the log boats Keldorn and Oswald left here,I can paddle"   

Zolomon says, "Yeah thar is the river moss he is right"He smiles" And maybe we can get you able to get well enough to get home with others, lot of help there"   

Keifer says, "Well we no idea when they will be back..from wot heard a 3-4 week trip one way, so that's 7-8 weeks of travel, not counting rest and it has yet to be the first 3-4 weeks yet...almost though I mean things should go...well...I hope" So he is worried, then it's at sea after all and any rescue mission with known facts of possible really bad vermin was bad either way.   

Xander nods "Yeah...so a while most likely"He frowns "Beasts back home are probably worried, thar is no way to even let them know how things are and even if things will be fine....I have faith the dibbuns will be found and rescued and hope all get back safe and sound.   

Zolomon nods, he clears his throat to change the subject " So....anyways tis good your able to..sort of walk Xandy"   

Keifer says, "It's a good sign he is recovering" He was glad for a change of subject " Still a good ways to go and as said won't be fully back to what you were before the poisoning"

Xander nods "I know.I have decided to lay aside my warrior days in fact. not sure what I will do....thought of joining the order but maybe I won't. My blade will still go to my son when he is ready ..maybe train him a little or find help"   

Zolomon listens and nods "Sounds like a plan Xandy and your blade is safe and sound not to worry...Lord C placed it somewhere till your ready to head back to Mosslower and the abbey"   

Keifer nodS "Which will still be a while...should have a cane or staff that's better by then, maybe his Lordship can make one even, till then a staff be best...one can add a metal tip to the end for using as a walking staff"   

Xander listens, he quietly finishes his lunch,he glances at the cane he used today and speaks "Not going back to the infirm, I don't need it...do I?" He hopes he doesn't have to go back, he hates the room.   

Zolomon looks at Kiefer and shrugs"He won't be made to go back in thar, will he K?"

Keifer sighs, he then replies after he finishes his drink " Well a healer can go to a guest room...his leg, wound wise is better..well mostly,thar will be a scar of course but it's healed almost as for the shaking paw not much can do fer that..likely nerve damage and its likely to be an issue for the rest of your life, as is the issue with your leg, your have a bad limp the rest of your life as well, wot you can work on..with help ..is balance and walking with a cane or staff, a good cane or staff"

Xander sighs,"Well I made it to this room anyways" Of course same level so that helped a lot and the dinning chambers is not too far from the infirmary"And I know"He made it here yes, barely and so slow it was annoying, but he made it and only lost his balance once and only cause he didn't have a wall or much else beside the slightly small for him cane.   

Zolomon grins "See we just got to get ya your own room fer the rest of the time your here and little Ozzy can be in the room too, it will be great, shouldn't take too long to get one"   

Julia has escaped! The Caretakers are busy with all the other leverets, and so the auburn-furred doe has slipped out of the room and run down all the stairs and hallways. She stops at the intersection of the 1st level, thinking. Should she try to get a snack? Should she try visiting her new friend Xander in the Infirmary? Should she explore the caverns and see if Dom is back yet? So many choices! In the end, her hare appetite wins out, and she sneaks into the dining hall, trying to quietly open and shut the door, hoping no one notices her.   

Keifer sighs "Yeah yeah...."His ears perk a little but others would likely go in and out of the room to..well eat lunch."We can speak to General Quinten after lunch"   

Xander frowns "Alright" He says quietly "As I said not going back to the infirm recovery room, too lonely and...just dislike it"

Zolomon nods "I see no need to stay in de infirm either, tis for ones whom need it"He smiles and gets something else to drink"And yeah course its lonely in thar."   

Oh, hey, Xander's in here! Julia smiles. Maybe he has the baby, too. She skips over to the trio, then stops short when she sees the Healer. In her mind, he is a Major Meanie Face -- she doesn't like him 1 little bit! However, she does like the other 2 adults in this little group, so she decides to go ahead and go over there. She takes the last few steps and goes to hug the badger. "HI!!! I trieded t'visit y'th'othah day, but it didn't work out, an' then I was gonna visit y't'day, but y'in /'ere/, so's I don'ts gotta go backs t'th'yucky Infirm, wot!"   

Keifer ears flatten as the young hare yells, he clears his throat "Lower the sound of your voice...gives one a headache you know"He is not a young beast sort of creature.He shakes his head,"And infirmay is not yuckie"   

Xander is surprised at the hug and smiles, "Hey..."He glances at Keifer "It..sort of is" He looks back to Julia "I...kind of made it here"Slow and steady and with a cane but he made it"I will get my own room with me son soon, I hope and don't plan to be in the infirmary again any time soon"   

Zolomon grins at Julia, he chuckles at Keifer "Cheer up K its a good day and yes a room for Xandy later today most likely"   

Julia scowls at the Healer and intentionally continues being very loud. "I talks da way I wants, an' y'don't get t'ordah me 'round, wot! An' the Infirm is yucky, an' y'make it worse, so thah!" She scrambles up into the chair beside the badger, grinning at him and Zolomon and pointedly ignoring the Healer. "Y'gettin' y'own /room/?? Cans /I/ visit y'an' Ozzy? Will y'be stayin' outta da Infirm /fohevahs/?? Cans I play wi' Ozzy ev'ry /day/??" So many questions!   

Keifer hmmphs and stands to move to another table, he mutters something about manners and is soon sitting away from the group   

Xander replies after a while though maybe not in order of what was asked"I..dont plan to go back to de infirm, and I hope I will have my own room before dinner or least after dinner and Oz could play...well something, he still only crawls and has only , so far, only said one word"   

Zolomon says, "Ya WILL have de room before bed time, I will help make sure of it Xandy"He looks over at Keifer and chuckles, then his attention is back to the others."   

Julia smiles. "Ozzy is cute! I likes 'im a lot!" She's talking in a normal tone of voice now, having only been loud to disobey the Healer. "'E's fun! We cans play patty-cake, and may'ap I could get some coloured blocks an' balls from th'lev'ret's room foh 'im t'play wi'!!" She bounces in her chair a little in excitement at the prospect. Stealing AND playing with the baby? It can't get much better!

Zolomon grins"Yeah...though"He frowns"He don't like me too much, oh well"He never had too much luck with the dibbuns it seemed.

Xander smiles "He is learning to play...thats good..probably be a pawful once he learns to walk"He then frowns as he starts to think on some other things.   

Julia blinks up at Zolomon, her green eyes wide. "/I/ likes yous. I thought Lissie was gonna /marry/ you, but now she's datin' /Tewwence/, so I'm confuzzleded." She then goes to poke the badger's arm. "Why you sad?? Cans I 'elps? I be's you friend," she adds, concerned he's worried about that. "I cans 'elp Ozzy learns t'walk. I be's careful, I promises!!"

Zolomon shrugs and smiles "Well...she is still a friend of course and she probably gonna maybe Sarg T....most likely...or think so"He has no clue" And at de time....never mind"He frowns, he is not gonna think on Zeldove, nope that was a lost cause.   

Xander frowns "Just...my leg and..paw."He then tilts his head as he looks at Zolomon "Marry?" He is curious but decides to not worry on it now, he sighs again " I likely will have a limp and just thinking on....home and Krisha, others...I miss the and hopeing all is well with Ciocan and the others too,and Caleb...my other son, I adopted is on the ship and hope he is ok too"

Julia just looks confused. "Why you send y'othah son on a mission wi' Lissie? *Gasp* If 'e could go, then why couldn't /I/??" She apparently thinks that in order to be someone's child, you have to be a Dibbun, like her and Oz are.   

Zolomon shrugs"uMM....long story on...anywho"He smiles and looks between them "Other son...oh yeah ya mentioned Caleb, thats right"   

Xander nods, he then speaks "He is...well a lot older than Oz and like...well late in his teen seasons, he is basically a young adult I adopted cause his parents are no longer around and he needed someone and....yeah, he went, he is a mouse...and he can fight fairly well"But well enough he wonders as he frowns.   

Julia is still confused. "Soooo.....Caleb a grown up?" Because anyone in their teens is basically an adult in her eyes. "If 'e cans fights well, then it /aaaallll/ be okies. 'E'll come 'ome. Lissie a'ways does, an' she's da bestest fightah evah!" The little doe obviously admires her sister.   

Zolomon smiles, "I say we dont worry..we have lunch and maybe find some cake ....we need cake I say"He looks around as he stands "And I can ask General Q on getting ya a room Xandy...I shall return!" And he does and oh look...cake!

Last edited by oz (2020-07-04 03:59:17 PM)

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer