Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-06-28 08:53:02 AM

Mother Krisha

Wait..Ciocan Can Speak To Dophins?!-LP/ Dibbun Slavers TP LOG

The storm was rough and dangerous, causing much chaos and some fear amongst the crew, which is made up mostly of creatures who have never been on the sea before. Additionally, some of the crew was already suffering from seasickness, and the storm only made it that much worse. But now the skies are clear, blue, cloudless, the sun bright and warm. The waves have returned to their gentle lapping, belying the power of their surging during the storm a few days ago.

Matilda stands at the rail, taking a short break from helping make sure everything was still in order and, well, ship-shape aboard the good Ship of Valour. A gentle breeze whistles through her quills. So far everything seems fine. No leaks have been reported, the masts don't seem to have sustained any major cracks, none of the rigging snapped. She thanks goodness and the seasons about how lucky they are. She turns back and observes what her crewmates are up to.   

DoraRose was one of the poor creatures who suffered the worst during the storm. The mouse couldn't even keep water down, she was so seasick. It has taken her this entire time to get her strength back to normal. The Gatekeeper staggers up on deck and makes her way over to a rail, leaning over the side and staring miserably at the horizon, certain that another storm is just around the corner to send them to her graves. "I hate sailing," she mumbles.   

Felicity has been doing remarkably well during this adventure, all things considering. No seasickness, no dizziness, no nausea. However, she is having to deal with some sloppy Privates, and that's kind of making this voyage a lot less fun. "PUT THOSE PINS BACK WHERE Y'GOT 'EM!" She roars at the hapless Privates, who are moving a bunch of belaying pins and ropes to the other end of the ship, trying to be helpful. "NOBEAST TOLD Y'T'MOVE THOSE! PUT 'EM BACK WHERE Y'GOT 'EM THIS INSTANT, OR Y' EAHS ARE GOIN' ON TH'FIZZAH, WOT!!" The Privates hurry to obey, bumping into each other and dropping the pins all over the deck. The Sergeant sighs. And they were brought on the ship why, now?   

Keldorn walks onto the main deck and smiles a little "The sea isn't...always unfriendly just at..times"   

Varus harrumps. Naturally, he looks fine. Completely unperturbed. As if this voyage is a regular jaunt for the older hare. "Not ev'rybeast c'n 'old down their bloomin' lunch," He declares. "Yahr too green, lass. Too green." He nods sagely.

Oswald currently has the wheel, the grey shrew standing with one hand resting lightly on the large wheel as the Valour speeds along, the sails full of the wind carrying them onward, following the course Ciocan has been laying in for them. The bells in his braids are tinkling gently as they are caught in the wind from behind and, the large hat he is wearing to keep the sun off matching his great coat beautifully.

The door to Ciocan's cabin opens and the captain and badger lord steps out, he was going over his charts but with all the noise he has come to investigate. He pauses and watches Felicity for a long moment, "Volume please Felicity, regardless of what they did wrong there is no need to shout as if this was the drill hall back home."

He then turns to the poor privates, "Would one of you care to explain why you thought you needed to move those? I can then explain to you all why they are where they are. That way you will all know for next time."

Donica is just, right now not much but looking at the miles and miles of water "So..where are we?" She glaces over as Ciocan comes out of the captain's room, but stays where she is for now unless she is needed.   

Caleb would take a few moments to help clean up the deck and make some necessary repairs, following orders as they were given. While he worked, the mouse kept an eye on everything that went on the deck. He wanted to make sure no one was starting fights, trying to keep the peace as best as a mute mouse could. Caleb would eventually stumble upon D.R and Varus and come over to the hare, tapping him on the side and shaking his head rapidly. He was basically trying to signal to the hare that... well, that's a road he doesn't wanna go on.   

Rufus is close to where Oswald is, he has yet to try and fly since his wing was sprang during the storm.   

Matilda nods to Keldorn and makes her way over to him. "Aye. I've never been sailing on the ocean before, but I grew up on the Eastern coast. We lived through many a fierce storm, though I didn't find them as nerve-wracking as the one we just sailed through. Being on the water in the middle of a storm is very different from being safely on land."

DoraRose turns her gaze towards the hare, blue eyes glinting murderously. "/Excuse me??/" she says, clutching the railing with her right paw, her left arm still in its sling, where it belongs for another week or 2. "Green, did you say?" She pushes herself away from the railing, swaying as she tries to not be sick or fall over. "Not everybeast is cut out to sail, and YOU would do well to not be so SMUG about it, cottontail! If we were on land-" she grimaces as a wave of nausea washes over her "-I'd challenge you to a contest. I'm no greenhorn."   

Felicity scowls slightly, but only nods at the Badger Lord. The Privates shuffle around a little and look at each other. "Uh, um, Sah, we, uh, we jus' thought th' storm 'ad moved it all, so we were gonna put 'em all togethah so, y'know, they'd all be in 1 place an' easy t'find." All the other Privates nod in agreement. The Sergeant can't contain herself, although she does refrain from yelling. "But none o' y' 'as evah been on a ship afore, so whot possessed y't'think y'knew whot y'were doin'??"

Keldorn nods "I have been on de sea before, not the....well best time in my life" He seems to not want to share why either as he looks over the waters quietly"And it wasn't this area of the sea I was on..don't think anyways"   

Varus points at the mouse's face. "Yahr lit'rally green in th' face, lass. Y' should speak to our 'ealahs. They 'ave a remedy f'r seasickness, y'know..." He nods again, then directs his attention to the badger lord. "Sah," He says.

Oswald shifts at his place at the wheel and turns, "Dora, Valus, I don't know what is going on back there but if you make me call the captain to break up a fight he'll have you both scrubbing the bilges... we're on a rescue mission to save children, not bicker amongst ourselves, so cut it out."   

Ciocan places a hand on Felicity's shoulder, "They where trying to be helpful lass, didn't you hear them?" he then turns to the privates, "So everyone, the reason we don't put them all in one place is you don't always have time during an emergency." He gestures, "As you can see each tool is together in a little station, everyone on the crew knows if they need a tool where the closest one is."   

He turns to motion, "SO if you are in the fo'castle I can lay my hands on a tool easily in a moment and not have to hock it half way along the ship to find it. Moving them like that could cause someone to lose a life or the ship to founder when someone could have fixed it in a moment."   

The badger stands taller and looks around, "Time to give everyone some basic lessons I reckon," He turns, "Oswald you good on the wheel," the shrew nods back and the badger then looks at Varus, "Varus, Dora, Matilda," He raises his voice, "Could you gather your beasts in please on the main deck... I think we should pass out some basic instruction on ship board etiquette."   

Donica walks over towards Ciocan to see what is going on and if she is to go anywhere else on the ship,she is willing to help and to learn.   

Caleb just grumbles and stomps his foot repeatedly since Varus didn't even pay him much mind. He was about try and write something when he heard Ciocan's call, letting off a sigh as he heads over towards the area where everyone else is lining up. At this point he may as well just let them handle it themselves.   

Rufus glances over and stands to test his wings a little, it was only the left one that was sprang, he flaps a little and lands roughly as he puffs up some "Stupid wing, still no fly yet..Rufus should be soaring in air not stuck on the boat, yark."

Matilda looks to where the badger is and nods. Smiling at Donica, she walks around a bit to make sure everyone from her party is on deck.
They are, so that's helpful. She heads over to the Gatekeeper. "Here, Dora, I'll help you. Don't want you falling, at least not alone."   

Felicity grits her teeth, thinking that the Privates should have known to leave well enough alone! But instead she snaps out a few orders. "Put 'em back where y'got 'em an' 'ead o'er t'th'bloomin' meetin'." After making sure they do as they're told (which they do with alacrity), she stomps over to where everyone is gathering, looking angry and fit to burst!   

DoraRose was literally about to bite the hare's finger (he should NOT have stuck it in her face! That's kind of a no-brainer) when a squeaky, chittering sound akin to laughter interrupts her from the ocean behind and below her. The mouse looks over the side and gasps at what she sees. "Ciocan! You might wanna come take a look at this!"   

In the ocean below is a pod of dolphins. About 10 are at the surface, and many more can be seen below them, appearing from and vanishing into the depths of blue. They have a brown so dark it looks almost black on the upper part of their bodies, including their dorsal fins, with the colour tapering to an end about halfway down their tails. Their stomachs are white, and their beaks and fins are the same colour as their backs. A yellow swatch starts at their eyes and tapers down their bodies. One of the dolphins below leaps above the surface, followed by several others, revealing that the yellow meets a grey that forms the rest of the colour on their tails.

1 dolphin, bigger than the rest, makes the squeaking sound again, then swims sideways, waving to the creatures aboard the ship. Dora waves back automatically. It's hard to tell with how much they're moving, but there might be upwards of 100 dolphins in this pod, including a number of calves. There may be even more.

Keldorn notices the dolphins and looks out at them, he tilts his head and blinks...ok so he doesn't know everything out at sea as this is clearly a first,"Umm...what are..those?"

Varus had immediately forgotten the mouse he was speaking to as soon as Ciocan called out, but, of course, then the ship is surrounded by... "Dolphins, mah lad. They're called dolphins, an' I ain't seen th' like in many seasons." He's explaining to Keldorn. "They look like fish, but I've it on good authority tha' they aren't... These aren't even th' biggest creatures tha' live in th' sea, eithah..."   

Ciocan turns and walks over to Dora, leaning over the railing and laughs delightedly, the badger leans forward and calls back, making a chittering sound back at the leading dolphin. He then waves a hand excitedly and moves back.

"Well this is a delight, they are some old friends of mine, everyone not on duty come over and say hello to our friends," he raises a paw and chitters at them some more in greeting, his deep badger voice sounding odd so squeaky.   

Donica walks over to glace at the dolphins, "Friends?" She is curious but she doesn't ask further, she has never seen dolphins before.   

Rufus looks over and walks, or sort of walks over to the railing and peeks down, then puffs out and backs up "Very VERY big fishies..Rufus shall...stay away.." He goes to go back to where the steps lead up to the wheel and decides its safer there and....yes a nap is in order, he trusts his...-Bunny Lord- friend but he will just stay over here thank you very much.   

Caleb would stand at attention with the others as he waited for instructions... at least he listened unlike the privates. However the squeaking caught his ear and he headed over towards the railing, trying to push past people so that he could climb up and see. When he was able to. The mouse would gasp and smile brightly, taking out his pad to start sketching the dolphins as they passed.   

Matilda looks over the edge, smiling. "Oh, they would sometimes visit the waters near my village. They love to play." She is proven correct as the dolphins all duck below the surface, their squeaks almost inaudible as the water deadens them. Then the pod seems to scatter, but in actuality they're just surrounding the ship completely, every single individual rising to the surface around the vessel in a series of leaps, summersaults, and spray from their blowholes.   

The king squeaks and rises out of the water, dancing back on his tail in delight to see his badger friend. Then with a graceful jump and twist, he dives back below the water and swims back to the ship. The beasts on the ship don't need to crowd on just 1 side -- the whole pod is squeaking and clicking at them from literally every side.   

DoraRose's grin is the biggest anyone has seen since before the Dibbuns were kidnapped. "They're beautiful -- aw, look at the babies!" Most of the calves are hopping around, eager to make new friends and show off how well they can swim. A few stick by their mothers, however, seeming shy at these new creatures they've never seen before.

Felicity can feel her anger melting as she watches them play. "They seem so 'appy...makes me kinda wish I was a dolphin..." All told, there are about 250 individuals in this pod, with about 30 of them being calves. They squeak and wave at the beasts on the ship, doing tricks just because they want to, and because they like making their new friends smile.   

The dolphin king resurfaces, squeaking questions at the Badger Lord as his subjects continue to cavort around on the surface of the sea. Why are they out here in dolphin domain? Where are they trying to go? How is the badger, anyway? It's been far too long! The badger is probably the only creature on the whole ship who has any idea what the dolphins are saying.   

Keldorn is just finding this all interesting "Dophins?" He asks and looks back at them"Least they are friends and not enemies so that's good" He nods "Happy is good....maybe they can help us somehow"

Varus recognizes the Dolphin King as well, but unfortunately he never quite got the gist of their language. It's been many, many seasons since he last saw them with his own eyes. "Aye, they're a charmin' bunch, t' be sure. Good beasts, they are..."   

Oswald remains at the wheel, occasionally calling out orders to others on the crew, snapping out instructions to people he needs to actually work on the ship as they he has to keep the ship on its way.   

Ciocan siles at Donica and Dora and well everyone, "They are old friends, from when I used to sail the seas." he leans down and clicks back at the Dolphin King, <We seek another boat, a vessel crewed by a fox and rats, they stole our children and we know they sail to the north, have your people seen them?>   

Donica smiles, she watches the dolphins and relaxes knowing they are friends and can hopefully help them get back on track and closer to the other ship they seek."They are so..friendly and nice"   

Caleb keeps sketching the dolphins as they pass through, seeming to not really notice anyone around him. After a few moments, the mouse smiles brightly and shows off what he had drawn... It's actually well made for being of charcoal and such and shows all the dolphins around the waves. He seemed especially excited to show it to Matilda and DoraRose... still a kid at heart   

Matilda looks at the young mouse's drawing. "That's amazing, Caleb! I wish I could draw like that -- you captured them perfectly! It's beautiful."   

DoraRose looks at the drawing, as well, smiling softly, if a little sadly. "Indeed, Caleb, you have a special talent. That is absolutely beautiful. I kind of wish my daughter was here -- she would love to draw them, too. Mayhap when we get home, you could show her. I'm sure she'd love to draw with you."   

Felicity smiles as she watches a couple of calves play with each other, splashing and causing a ruckus.   

The king listens carefully, but when the badger mentions the ship, all the happiness and playfulness vanish from him and the 10 dolphins floating directly around him. The king describes the exact ship they are following, asking the badger if that's the one he means, and the nearby mothers squeak in alarm. Within only a few seconds, every mother has vanished into the blue depths with her calf.   

The Dolphin King shakes his head rapidly from side to side, telling the badger that he is very brave to be following the ship to the Island of Death. Is he sure he wants to go? Only sorrow, death, and pain await those who arrive there.

Keldorn blinks "What happen, some of them suddenly seem..scared?" He seems concerned as he looks around and waits to see what the reply is.   

Varus leans against the rail. Definitely some form of bad news, he can tell by their body language. He remains silent as the atmosphere turns more tense.

Ciocan frowns down at the Dolphin King and listens to the King, he tilts his head listening. He asks the King a couple of questions about the "Island of Death" number of suns for swimming there and the direction.   

"I am sorry for the seals who lived there, but yes.... if you will excuse me my friends, please if you would spend some time with my friends here..."   

The badger walks into his room and stares at the maps, working something out with string and ruler and protractor. Once he is sure of the island he sits down, letting everyone have some more time with the dolphins and enjoying them. He does move to the window and open it, talking to one of the Dolphins and having the king swim around to his window so he can thank him for the information.   

Donica frowns but just watches the dolphins curious now but doesn't ask what's the matter, she assumes it's not a good answer and will wait to see what's gonna happen next.   

Caleb seems to be pretty happy as DoraRose and Matilda congratulate him for doing well with his draw. He had learned how to over the years of travel. Upon hearing that D.R. had a daughter, he seemed surprised but shook it off quick. He would just make sure to keep it in mind and put away his drawing, looking to everyone else. As he heard of the name when Ciocan spoke of it, his face seemed to change... Caleb remembered now that where they are going is an important mission. To save the Dibbuns from such a place... he had to be ready, going back to thinking while he looked at the dolphins.   

The Dolphin King will continue to speak with the Badger Lord, giving him any more information he requires now that he sees that the badger is set upon his quest. After a bit of coaxing, the mothers bring their calves back up to the surface, and the young dolphins go back to playing, some of the shy ones even joining in now, although they don't show off as much as the others.   

Matilda frowns. "I wonder why the mothers hid their calves like that. It was almost as if...well, as if they're worried about the slavers, too. I wonder if the dolphins have been harmed by them, or if some other sea creature has been?" Those on the ship have no way to really know one way or the other, seeing as how their only translator is now holed up in his cabin.   

DoraRose nods, blue eyes hard. "Aye.....we /have/ to find them. Stop them before they hurt any more creatures. Just look at those Dibbuns," she gestures at the happy young dolphins. "We have to stop these slavers so they can live in a world where nobeast will even think of hurting them. If these monsters would kidnap our Dibbuns and killed little Burfy, what's to say they wouldn't try to kill or kidnap a dolphin, too?"   

Felicity watches the dolphins as they continue to play, smiling sadly as she thinks of many things. She really does wish she could be a dolphin.

Varus frowns grimly. He debates going to knock on Ciocan's door, but thinks better of it.   

Caleb still thinks of what to really do. Since there was still some repairs to be made he would wander off to go do those, but he did have one thought on his head: He really wanted to go swim with the dolphins... maybe one day. Either way, the mouse takes up some tools and gets back to work, waving to Dora and Matilda as he heads off. He'll be around.

As the dolphins continue to play around the ship, waiting for their king to finish his conversation with the Badger Lord, Felicity spots some of the Privates peeling out of their jackets. "An' jus' whot d'y'think y'up to?" "We're gonna go swim wi' th'dolphins!" "Y'll do no such thing! We don't know whot othah creatahs might be down thah, an' we can't ask th'dolphins t'keep y'safe when they 'ave their young ones t'keep track of! Nah get back in uniform this instant!!"   

DoraRose continues to watch the dolphins, their happy playfulness distracting her from her seasickness, her worry over the Dibbuns, and her loneliness over missing her family back home in Redwall.   

Matilda waves to the dolphins and follows the younger mouse. "And how are you today, Caleb? You seem pretty happy."   

Varus takes up with Felicity. "Right, y' sorry lot... Y'r gonna swab th' deck. C'mon, right now!"   

There is suddenly a strange presence felt up on the deck of the ship, and if one happened to look over towards the entrance leading down to the galley, they would see a pair of icy eyes gleaming in the shadows. Soon, a large hare slowly emerges from the darkness, his expression a grim one as he trudges his way onto the deck of the ship. He immediately makes his way over towards the railing on the starboard side, and he positions himself there, gaze lifting and looking out over the waves. Since arriving on the ship, aside from a brief conversation with Felicity, Dom hadn't really spoken much, if at all. His attention was laser focused on the task at hand, and what they'd end up finding on the island they were sailing towards. Needless to say, unless one actually knew him and his behaviors, he doesn't seem like the most approachable of hares at the moment.   

Donica was being quiet as she started to head towards.....where Dominik was and then quickly backs back up and frowns   

Caleb is currently fixing up a small hole that was on deck, making sure it was patched fully. As Matilda came into view he'd give her a small wave and smile before pulling out his pad to write on. "I've been trying my hardest to keep the peace... I figured that since dad is leaving his warrior life behind, I can possibly take up his mantle as leader of the Defenders. Or at least learn to help protect the Abbey... I also still want to get into tea making."   

The Privates were about to complain, but then the Major gets involved and they quietly put their jackets back on and go to get the buckets and mops and stuff to swab the deck with. Felicity scowls at them as they wander off. "Seriously, 'tis like they've nevah 'eard o' askin' first, sah..." She has -- horror of horrors! -- not yet noticed her friend, the arctic hare.   

DoraRose, however, has. Having recognized him from descriptions the Sergeant has given her, she staggers over to him, trying to not be seasick (seriously, she is SO DONE with that). She reaches the rail beside him and leans over it just as a pair of dolphin calves, perturbed to be having one of the Furry Creatures ignoring them, squeak and click obnoxiously, shooting water at the hare (which of course falls far short of soaking him), trying to get him to pay attention to them. Their mothers appear to be chastising them, but so far the mother dolphins are being ignored.   

Matilda smiles but shakes her head. "You can not /keep/ peace, Caleb. You can only bring it back once it's gone." She gestures at the others on the deck with them. "There will always be conflicts, and if we try to prevent them, we only keep beasts from being able to grow, and from learning how to communicate in a way that is constructive. We need to allow conflicts to occur, no matter how frightening or painful they may be, while also trying to figure out how to say what we mean in a way that doesn't hurt others." She cocks an eyebrow. "And what's this about making tea?"   

Varus nods firmly at the recalcitrant hares. "Right, put yahr back into it. I want this deck t' spahkle, wot. An' don't touch *anythin'* else, eithah... Not without askin' first! Right... Get on wi' it..."   

Dominik notices someone approaching him out of the corner of his eye, in his peripheral vision, and the buck slowly turns his head and peers down at Dora as she reaches the railing beside him and leans over it. He stares at her, expressionless for a few moments, and his head tilts just a little, perhaps in a curious gesture more than anything. A veeeery slight tinge of amusement flickers upon his stoic features as he notices the mouse's condition, the edges of his muzzle curling just slightly into a quick approximation of a smile, before just as quickly disappearing. Before he can speak, the dolphin calves do happen to capture his attention, and his eyes shift down in that direction. He chuckles as he watches their attempts to squirt him with water, and the large hare simply leans there on the railing and observes the creatures playing and swimming about. It had been a long time since he'd seen dolphins, and they always seemed to amuse him. "...sometimes, vish Dom could svim like them..." He replies, softly.   

"I just... want to make sure everyone can stay happy and such. But you are right... it needs to happen and all that. Also, Xander said he wanted to teach me how to make tea. It was something my mother loved to do but I never learned." Caleb seemed... a bit sad to bring her up but his smile came back. "I would just want a hobby to try and have something to do around the Abbey besides helping to protect it."   

The Privates are busy swabbing the deck under the watchful gazes of the Major and Felicity. The haremaid scowls, fists on hips. "Oy, be careful 'ow y'swing tha' mop about....oh, f'r th'love," she mutters as 1 of the Privates does indeed manage to not look where he was wielding his mop and jabs his fellow hare in the head. That hare starts shouting, and within 2 blinks of an eye it has turned into an all-out fist fight. The Sergeant hops over and starts trying to separate them, but it's not working very well, mostly because the injured one is biting the other one's ear. The other Privates quietly place a few bets on how this is all gonna work out. So far, they think Felicity will win.   
The mousewife smiles and waves to the calves, who are finally listening to their mothers scolding them. "They are such playful creatures. Maybe we'll meet them on the way back and we can swim with them then....when we're not in so much of a hurry." She turns to him and holds out a paw. "I'm DoraRose Strongheart, Gatekeeper of Redwall."

Matilda nods. "I can understand why you would want everyone around you happy. It can create a lot of anxiety when beasts one cares about are upset with each other." She smiles. "And a hobby would be good. I like to help brew the drinks in Redwall. DoraRose....well, actually, Dora does a lot. She is the Gatekeeper, but she also helps with the Dibbuns, reads, helps cook and bake, sews, knits, journals, keeps the Gatehouse and the Gatehouse loft, where she and her daughter live, clean and in order, as well as spend quality time with her friends and family. I'm honestly not sure when she finds time to do it all."   

The hedgehog looks out at the horizon as she thinks for a moment, then shrugs and shakes her head. "Anyway....the point is, having a hobby is a wonderful aspiration. What was your favorite of the teas your mother made?" She knows it might make him sad, but she also knows that remembering good things about those you love can help make the pain of them being gone not hurt so badly.   

Donica decides to do some chores quietly, its been an intresting day so far for her.   

"F'R TH' LOVE O' SANITY! CEASE YAHR FIGHTIN'! NOW!" Varus literally bellows it out, loud enough that even the dolphins in the ocean can probably hear it. Most of the other hares on deck stop, and a few of them go pale and gulp. A yelling Major Varus Swiftbuck is a thing you do NOT want to experience, if you can avoid it. "YOU LOT AREN'T FIT T' BE PATROLLAHS, WOT! LINE UP! DROP YAHR MOPS, AN' EV'RYONE O' Y'... GIMME 100. NOW!"   

Dominik chuckles at Dora's words, the hare shifting his gaze back down to her. "Hmm. Dom vould likely sink, vould be too heavy to svim," he replies, and it's hard to discern whether or not he's joking. He peers down at the extended paw aimed in his direction, looking at it for a few moments, before he finally lifts his own hefty paw and envelops the mousemaid's in his. Careful not to squeeze too hard, he gives her paw a hearty shake. "Private Dominik Kasimir, formerly of Northlands, currently of Long Patrol. Is pleasure to meet, DoraRose Strongheart, Gatekeeper of Redwall." That ghost of a smile appears once again, before he releases Dora's paw, and his eyes return to watching the dolphins playing , paws coming to rest on the railing. "Are you feeling better, now? Not as seasick?" He chuckles. "There is trick, you know. Focus eyes on line of horizon. If there is somethink out there to focus on, is better. But if not, just keep eyes fixed on horizon, and vil not feel ill." He turns his head to peer over at the fight as it happens, and his brow darkens as the large buck shakes his head. "Is no discipline. Dom could make -all- of them decide to never fight each other ever again..." he mutters. "Vould make sure of it."   

Caleb takes a moment to really think it through before writing down some more as he watches the sunset. "My mother's favorite tea that was also mine was jasmine. I also really liked her mint tea... she made both when I was sick cause it made me happy." He seems to be a bit sad of it but nods towards Matilda.   

Rufus finally ventures out and tries again to fly....he...glides and...he crashes into a barrel,he mutters something and shakes his head, looking at his wing and shakes it out some, it seems he is not sky bound just yet.   

Matilda stays beside Caleb, enjoying the lovely day with him. After reading his note, she smiles softly. "That sounds lovely, Caleb. I've never had jasmine tea, but I'm sure with a name like that, it's wonderful. Do you have any idea what your mother did to make the mint tea so good?"   

The fighting Privates sullenly do as their told, and the others, while also doing the drills, start to protest that they hadn't done anything. Felicity's ears tremble with rage. "Y'JUS' STOOD BY AN' DID NOTHIN'!! NOW DO AS TH'MAJAH SAYS AN' BE QUIET 'BOUT IT!!"   
DoraRose smiles. "Well, I'm sure the dolphins would keep you from sinking." She turns back and looks at the horizon. "You can call me Dora or DoraRose, whichever you prefer. Just don't ever call me Rose, and we'll be fine." She wrinkles her nose. "Yeah, and that trick works pretty well, until you have to go to bed. Or there's a storm." She blanches slightly. "But I am starting to feel better, thanks." She glances over at the fight, but is distracted by the gull. "Oh! Goodness, are you alright?"   
With a squeak and a click, the Dolphin King calls his subjects, and with a flash and a splash, they are swimming away, squeaking their good-byes to their new friends, jumping and breaching and summersaulting as the whole pod, all 250 of them, take their leave, headed south. Soon they are out of sight

Varus harrumps loudly, and starts counting off the push-ups. He will not leave or stop till they reach 100.   

Dominik gives Dora a firm nod. "Can call me Dom." He glances back to the formerly scuffling hares, and gives a shake of his head with a sigh. "They tell me I am too rough ven training students. But...if not rough, this is vat happens, yes?" Dom chuckles dryly and glances back to the horizon. "Is glad you are feeling better." He steps back and away from the railing, the large buck giving a nod to Dora, before he begins to head back down into his spot in the galley. "If you vish to chat further, vil be down here." And with that, once again the massive buck is gone into the shadows.   

Rufus looks at the one who spoke "Rufus is fine.....no need help" His wing us a bit.....he should really rest it most likely." Wing is good...will fly.....just not now" Cause it's sore to move, it's not broken at least but still.

"She sweetened it a bit with some honey. It tasted nice and honey and mint go together. Not to mention it was her making it that made it that extra special." He chuckles a tad and goes back to fixing stuff, putting his pad away.   

Matilda smiles and stays out to help the young mouse, chatting if he wants to, but also okay with silence.

DoraRose watches the Northlands hare go, thinking that, yes, she will make a point to talk to him more. He seems to need it. The Gatekeeper continues to stare out at the horizon, thoughts of things filling her mind.   

Felicity watches the Privates, then goes and checks on some other hares, making sure they're doing okay and that everything is fine. She then goes down into the hold to check on her arctic friend.

The day eventually draws to a close, and eventually, all 3 females will head below decks, each wrapped up in her own thoughts, although the hedgehog will be a bit less absorbed than the other 2.

Board footer