Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-06-14 07:11:05 PM

Mother Krisha

Meeting Ciocan And Helping Friends-LP LOG/Dibbun Slavers TP LOG

Who:

Donica-Healer in the LP

Ciocan-Badger Lord

Caleb-Warrior Mouse

Xander- Warrior Badger

Koda- Private,Fighter, Asst. to Quinten

LOG:

It is warm up on the crater but there is a fresh breeze coming in off the mountain. Ciocan is currently up atop the wall looking out toward the sea, a scroll held in one hand against his side as he contemplates the sea.

He glances over at the hare in attendance then hands them the scroll, "This chart is no use, I need something further north.... as far north as we can get." The hare salutes and darts off down the stairs and the badger lord turns back to the ocean.   

Caleb was a bit hesitant to be up here but he remembered that Ciocan did say he wanted to talk personally. After asking some of the hares around, including a very helpful Quinten, the mouse would come up to the crater and look out towards the badger lord. The mouse carried with him his sword, missing his bag of tools and armor. He was clad with a shirt, shorts and his gladiator sandals he hand crafted. Caleb only approached after the hare had left and clears his throat so that Ciocan knows he's there.   

"Ah and there you are," Ciocan says without turning around, his large body silhoutted against the skyline, "I was wondering when you would come to say hello Caleb," he finally turned and looked down with a smile on his large features, "I was hoping we would have the chance to speak before we set sail."   

The badger moved to a stone bench and sat down on it, "I was expecting another mouse in the party with the Champion. But not one as young as you, you are a formidable warrior at such a young age Caleb.... but I also sense your life has not been easy."   

He had to admit... standing in front of the Badger Lord, the one he originally sought was a pretty scary thing. Ciocan was large, about as big as he imagined and his whole body practically shadowed the skyline. However he had to be strong and not show his fear so he swallowed it back and nodded to Ciocan. Coming to sit down next to him, Caleb would pull out his pad and write down for the moment. "I've had a very rough upbringing. At ten years old my father and mother were killed in an attack. I've been... travelling ever since, having learned how to fight from my father."   

Ciocan nods and reads Caleb's words as he sits next to him, "I am sorry we cannot hear your voice Caleb... but you have been strong but your wandering I sense is over."   

He held out his hand, "May I see your sword?" he tilted his head and smiled, then turned to look toward the stairs up, "And my newest hare will be joining us shortly. I am glad she has finally arrived... both of you have suffered much but I promise there are bright days ahead for you both."   

Donica came up to the crater for some fresh air and looks around.She frowns that it seems no one can go to the infirm, well fine she will try later..why she had asked, her friend had a slight mental break down...well wonderful she could of helped, she is now here and looks up in time to see Caleb and Ciocan and decides to stay where she is about half way over to them.   

Caleb seemed to be nervous but nodded towards the badger as he takes off his sword and hands it off to Ciocan. The Badger Lord would see that his sword was handcraft with a curved steel blade, the wrapped handle showing the age of the leather. While he looked, Caleb would give a wave to Donica and then write some more down. "I was born mute, unfortunately."   

Ciocan turns to Donica and holds out a large paw toward her, "Hello, it is Donica isn't it?" he smiles, "I have been expecting you to join us, I believe you wish to join the patrol and learn how to be a healer no?"

He smiles at her, he knows he shouldn't know any of this, but the runes in the secret chamber of the badger lord has been quite clear about who he was to expect, "Will you be joining us at sea or staying here?"   

He then looks over Caleb's sword, turning it this way and that, "This is a nice blade Caleb, I would offer to forge you something Salamandastron made out of this steel. But I do not think you would welcome me undoing your father's work."

Donica walks over slowly "I...will come with you if I am allowed sur.It is always good to have a healer around and I have learned healing skills from my mom and grandfather. I have good skills, I did manage to keep a friend alive for 4 days till we got here for help."

"I... wouldn't mind it but you are right about undoing this. My grandfather made this blade and my father's name was etched in... however, I would not mind owning a shield from here to learn the ways of it." He also nodded towards Donica with a bit smile.   

Ciocan smiles at Donica, "I heard of your heroism in keeping Xander alive, he is a good friend of mine. So thank you..." he tilts his head, "We will be taking at least one Patrol trained healer with us. But your skills would be welcome too, a ship however is no place for people outside the chain of the Captain's command."

He glances at Caleb then back to Donica, "If you wish to join the patrol, I would accept your oath as a recruit and assign you to the healer corps to accompany us on our journey."

He then hands Caleb the sword back, "Now a shield I can do you, I can't use the finnicky things myself but Matilda uses one. I shall forge one for you myself tonight."   

Donica nods "I will to join as a healer and I will let you decide if I should come along or not, if I am needed here I shall stay here." She looks back to the doorway,back to the badger"I am glad I was able to help Xander, he is likely gonna have a long road of recovery ahead of him.I was going to check on him a little while ago but was told be better to stop by later today in the infirm."   

Caleb would seem to smile at that, glad to know that he could get something from Salamandstron. "I've... always wanted to come here. Before I found the Abbey, my dream was to come here and learn the ways of a warrior. But now... I wish to stay with Redwall."   

Cicoan smiles and pats Caleb's shoulder, "You know the ways of a warrior already, there is little Salamandastron can teach you. What you need to learn, what Redwall can teach you is the way of living your life."

He then holds out a hand to Donica, "Do you, Donica, hereby swear to join the ranks of my Long Patrol? To serve the peace that Salamdastron protects as guardian, march warden and patroller? To march alongside your fellow Hares beneath the command of the Badger Lord and see to it that the tenents and faith, strictures and rules of the Long Patrol are followed?"   

Donica nods "Yes...I do...sur"She salutes, she has learned teh salute watching some of the other hares.

Ciocan smiles, "Then Recruit Donica, you are to report to the quartermaster for uniform, General Quinten will see to your handbook and the Infirmary staff will add you to the rosta."   

He stands up, "And you will be joining us, the runes where quiet clear I was not to break up the Redwall group except for the two badgers."   

Ciocan stands up, "I will see you shortly with a new shield Caleb as well, I am going to go down to the forget and get started." he nods to the two youngsters, "I'll see you both soon."

Donica nods, a glace over at Caleb and she goes to see the view from up here "Whoa....you really can see a lot from here"

Koda steps into view, his job mainly to check on the guests at least once a day, and he had to make sure some books was returned to the library.He smiles as he sees the two, "Oh..good your not lost,then again why would you be lost, then again its possible its a maze in there at times"   

Caleb would nod towards Ciocan and then looks towards Donica to clap somewhat before writing down some stuff. "Congrats, Donica. I'm so happy for you."   

Donica smiles "Thanks..I am sure I will do well"She looks to Koda and waves "Yeah but we are fine, not lost" She seems to think quietly before looking back to Caleb "I am sure Xander will be ok, oz as well while we are away and we will be back and they both will be happy to see us"   

Caleb would nod and get up only to give her a small hug. "Yeah... when I see them again I'll be really happy cause then I can relax.   
Koda nods "Good not lost and...I dont know, and Hallo to you both, Koda...I help Quinten out with stuff"   

Donica smiles "Yeah...maybe you could just have a peaceful life once back at Redwall Caleb"   

An HOUR Later......

Donica had finally had the chance to go to the infirm , she had her new uniform on as she peeked into the room, better safe than sorry after alll..."Hallo?"   

Xander is still on the cot, not like he can leave the cot, the only movement he has managed is to move his arms, and one hurts and just the whole paw...shakeing thing, still getting to him.

Donica slips the rest of the way in "Hey...I am...of the Patrol now, a healer in fact..just a recruit but I am going, will have to listen to some healer in charge but I can..learn and help out the others...feeling better?"

Xander snorts and would roll over, he just closes his good eye and lets some tears fall..."Wot ya want?"   

Donica ears flatten as she frowns "To check on you, I know...whats his name helped ealier but....."

Xander sighs, "Go away Donica...."He sounds depressed, tried and he has his eyes shut. A tear goes down his cheek.

Caleb would head in, having followed Donica. He would give a nod and wave to his father, then see the tear.   

Donica backs out a little and almost into Caleb, she frowns "Sorry..."She sighs and manages a smile at the mouse "You..try and talk to him."She  frowns then "Oh...sorry ....but still he's less likely to tell you to go away"She slips over to look at an herbal book, she is supposed to be learning,she knows some things   

Xander looks over finally at the talking but doesn't say anything yet. He is silent for now.

Caleb blinks and whimpers as he looks to her before heading over to his father. The mouse blinks and holds up a pad to Xander. It's shakily written but it reads, "What's wrong dad? Why are you crying?"   

Donica lets them talk she will look over a lesson given to her, then she knows some stuff already so the first few healer lessons should be easy enough.   

Xander reads over the pad and frowns, "I....."He shakes his head " I can't...move my right leg....and I won't be able to make sure your...ok on the ship"He does trust the hares and Ciocan though, he knows deep down they will keep Caleb and the others safe and get back safe,"I also...been thinking, a..lot"   

Caleb whimpers and writes a bit more. "So... it's true then. You can't move your leg anymore? And... I'll be fine. I can take care of myself, Xander... you will not lose me."

Xander reads the writting, he reaches out still, even with a shaky paw , to hug him "I...just worry son, I..I do trust your be ok and your...help to get the dibbuns back."He looks to his bandaged leg and frowns, but then after a bit speaks again"I will...walk even if its with a cane....there is something else too, that I...want to do once we are home son"   

Caleb would be feeling tears come to his eyes now, not wanting to see his father so weakened by fear and regret. However he does manage to answer him. "What is it dad? Is it to learn how to make tea cause I really wanna do that."   

Donica looks up from her work, then back to the lessons.

Xander smiles a little, a good smile "Tea.....I can find a way to before you leave..."He keeps the smile, he remembered the promise to teach him, he then replies "I am...gonn lay aside my blade, lay aside my warrior life and just...maybe pottery and tea making at the abbey, but...my warrior life is done."He adds "The blade will likely go to Oz whne he's old enough....unless of course he wants to jion the order." Yes he is worried about his leg but that's not the only reason he is laying the warrior life aside, he came so SO close to death, it, basically scared him.

Caleb just suddenly giggles and writes something as he mentions that last part. "Heh... too bad I can't wield it, being too big for me. But... don't worry about that. I would rather just see you healthy than anything."   

Xander smiles, he is feeling a bit less depressed now,"I will...see if one of the hares can get some things....maybe a simple tea lesson"Its possible to make tea in here, right? Well he wil find out,he frowns when a healer decides he needs rest,he sighs"I will see you tomorrow son..." He will then get some much needed sleep

Donica makes sure all is well in the infirm, some dusting, cleaning and makes sure Xander is ok, and then gets to bed herself, well after she turns in some lessons she completed.

Board footer