Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-05-29 09:34:00 PM

Mother Krisha

Are You SURE Your The Long Patrol?-Redwall /Dibbun Slavers TP LOG

WHO:

Krisha- Badger Mother

Log-A-Log-Chieftain of GUOSIM

Benar- Abbot of Redwall

Adrian-Corporal and Runner in the Long Patrol

Various Abbey beasts and helpers

LOG:

Redwall is surging with activity. It is like someone kicked over an ants nest, Orerbeasts, residents and Novices are scampering everywhere. Carrying furniture, rugs, wall hangings out of the various doors that lead into the Abbey.   

Every dormitory is being emptied, the Infirmary, the pantries.. Benar has decreed the dusty state of the Abbey is unacceptable and turned the entire place upside down. Standing on a box directing people is the Abbot. After his chat with Angela he went to bed for a solid 12 hours despite anyone's need for him and woke up the next morning refreshed.

He then summoned the council, made one of his speeches and turned the entire Abbey upside down for proper cleaning. Novices are scrubbing floors, Brothers are up ladders fixing trappings and fixings, carting furniture hither and yon. The entire third-floor attic is also being emptied and Benar is standing in the middle of it all directing everyone.   

Krisha walks over to Benar as she is helping move anything heavy, she nods to Benar " Well your keeping beasts busy Benar." A smile is offered " I had some helping with the dibbun dorms, classroom also. Just needs painted and then stuff moved back in after that. "   

Benar says, "Excllent," he claps his hands and points, "Novice Jerome, Novice Alyoisius, go help Lily bring both bells down, I want them dusted and cleaned they are filthy." he turns back to Krisha, "It should be nice to have everything cleaned from top to bottom."

Krisha nods " And keeps beasts busy too , not sure its a one day thing but maybe mostly" She is in a better mood today and helps get a table outside" Guess a late spring cleaning or..early Summer one? I was gonna mention that we should maybe not have a summer feast, wait till Autumn to have one, with luck we will have a good reason to celebrate"   

Benar frowns then nods, "Well cleaning the abbey from tip to bottom is going to take weeks. So we can have a little celebratory something when we finish this. But no feast no... I don't feel like throwing one currently."   

Krisha nods in agreement" Too many away" She frowns a bit and looks around " Guess we do this one room at a time, find a way to keep things dry when needed as well."   

Benar says, "Nope," He folds his arms, "I have everyone broken down into teams, there are currently 8 teams, all working on different rooms currently. Then I have Friar Lacota's kitchen staff doing everything down toward the Kitchen. Brother Elmef's gardening teams are emptying and inventorying all the things in the garden sheds."

Krisha says, "Sounds good Benar and I will help where I can as well.An inventory will be good to do, and do any repairs as well." She then seems to remember something " Oh I almost forgot, we got 5 guests in late last night I heard"   

Benar turns to regard krisha, "Guests? Why wasn't I told?" his frown deepens, "No one is to enter the abbey without my direct permission right now unless it is a member of the GUOSIM, the Ferravale Guard or an otter from Camp Willow." He steps down off his box and points, "Sister Rebecca, ask team seven to stop shaking rugs out of the windows and bring them down here."   

Krisha frowns, " I don't know, think you were asleep. I wasn't awake but Skipper mentioned it, some hares had a patrol in the area. "   

Benar frowns, "I see... and did anyone check these hares credentials? The last hare we let inside the abbey helped a bunch of vermin kidnap all our children..." The abbot sounds angry, "I am going to skin the Skipper... or throw all the hot root in the fire in front of him."

"Is bein' a Long Patrol hare enough credential, Sah?" How does he appear like that. "We've been away from th' bloomin' mountain f'r longah th'n I c'n remembah, an' we're mighty grateful f'r a place t' lay our bloomin' 'eads." The hare inclines his head in greeting to the squirrel and badger. "Corporal Adrian Hornswiggle Swiftbuck th' III... 'Opefully at yahr service..."   

Benar turns to face the hare, looking over his glasses at him, "Well you sound like a Long Patrol hare and your name is long enough to be one.... but I am afraid looks won't cut it..." he taps his chin, "But mayhaps you can answer some questions for me that only a Mountain hare would know? Unless you happen to have your commission on you? I apologize for being suspicious but things have.. .not been good of late."   

Krisha starts to speak when the hare shows up, she nods a hello as she stands by the abbot " Mother Krisha " she says quietly. She lets Benar question the hare.   

Adrian starts to rummage around in his pack. "Well, if it's any 'elp, I was 'ere awhile back wi' th' rest o' th' Patrol back when y' lot killed a beast named... Marek, was it? Brutal battle... Anyway... I do 'ave mah commission... But I also got a lettah from Lord Ciocan t' you, th' Abbot. It shoulda been delivahed bloody months ago, but we got delayed with some trouble in a nasty place called Loam'edge. Nasty place..." He brandishes two documents, one clearly a letter sealed with the Badger Lord's own mark, and the other being Adrian's commission paper. "I 'ope this proves sufficient, but if not, I c'n answer more questions..."   

Benar accepts the letter and frowns, "Marek... was not killed by us... the war was against Ormaz" oh dear, that is incorrect information... "And Loamhedge is not a horrible place. It is the ancestral origin of the Order of Redwall Abbey..." his voice is quiet but his tail is waving back and forth in agitation and several nearby Abbey beasts slow to a halt and stop. The Abbot steps back out of range and frowns furhter, "Anyone could have taken these letters from a patrol of hares... I am going to need more then this before I trust you right now, sorry."

Krisha stays close by as Benar talks, she steps back " Go back to work . Me and the Abbot can handle this. " She hopes as she walks back to Benar.   

Adrian grimaces. "I 'ate t' tell yah, but tha' Loam'edge place 'as got a bit of a... Vermin problem." That's the most tactful way to describe. He decides not to mention the adder that almost killed himself and his friend Monty. "But tha's neithah 'ere nor there. Y' say got troubles, an' y' don't know th' 'alf of it, wot.Y've got trouble from th' south comin', only a few days, at most." If Benar opens the letter from Ciocan, it's contents are just general pleasantries from one leader to another, well wishes, and a brief explanation of what Corporal Adrian and Private Montgomery's mission is. All in all, nothing earth shattering.

Benar  reads the letter, looks over the commission papers then continues with the letter, "I can't help but notice His Lordship sent me this a year ago... and I am sorry to hear Loamhedge has a vermin issue... it was a grand abbey once..." he turns the letter to page two, "Tell me, who is the General of the Home Guard again?"

Krisha looks at thr letter and just stays beside Benar quietly, she looks at the hare As if trying to remember if she saw him during the siege while back or not, there was a lot of hares.   

"If yahr talkin' 'bout Ol' Gen'ral Quinten," Adrian replies, "Keep in mind that I 'ave no idea if 'e's been replaced or not..."   

Benar folds the letter up and offers the commission papers back, "Sorry for the third degree Corporal," He smiles, "We have had a bit of a time, the last hare who came here as a guest helped a pack of vermin steal our children." He frowns, "So something is coming from the south... do you know what it is?"   

Krisha keeps an eye on beasts, make sure they stay busy and not bother the abbot or the hare,she figures out who needs to be where and nods " Then do that...ok looks good." She looks back at the hare and Benar, he can handle the hare, she keeps beast busy and not being nosy.   

Adrian nods, and puts the document back into his pack. "Well, it's like this... We'd gone pretty fah south, trailin' a kidnapped comrade... There was all tha' mess at Loam'edge, then we were makin' our way bloomin' north again... We reached th' southern edge o' Mossflowah last week, an' about four days latah we saw a very lahge group o' rats... Could be searats, not sure. But they're movin' bloody north, sah. This way. Only five o' us... We're outnumbahed, so instead we doubled our mahch t' get 'ere before they do." He frowns. "An' we'd 'eard rumahs from othah beasts tha' yahr Champion 'ad left th' Abbey... Which is true, it appears..."   

Benar frowns worriedly and glances back at the crowd, "Elmef, take over, Krisha with me..." He takes Adrian's arm and guides him away from spring cleaning HQ and heads further across the lawn, "Did you get a good count of their numbers? The Champion is indeed away... along with our strongest resident warriors..."   

He sighs, "I knew something like this would happen, as soon as rumour got out that the Champion was away beasts would think we are easy pickings. We have helpd from the GUOSIM, Skipper and some of Ferravale's militia but a patrol of Long Patrollers... that's a blessing in disguise I can't deny I am grateful for..."   

He frowns, "Come with me... Krisha attend... I need to make plans but I am no warrior but we have a Corporal of the Patrol visiting," he would motion toward the main gate and the Champion cottage.   

Krisha nods and goes to follow them quietly as they head to the cottage. She can listen and has a food memory to remember things too.   
Adrian nods as well, keeping his voice low until they reach the cottage. "Well, Sah, there was a lot... Certainly ovah fifty, I wanna say. They're not movin' very fast, but they're makin' *a lot* o' noise. We could easily observe 'em. We didn't stick around long enough t' see if they gotta leadah or not." He looks down. "I should come clean that only two o' us are propah Patrollahs. The othah three are a formah thief, a crotchety healah, an' a formah palace servant... But we're 'ere t' lend y' our aid in wotevah way we can..."   

Benar says, "Ok..." he shuts the door to Matilda's cottage behind the badger and hare and locks it. He then draws the shutters and leads them through to a room where there is a large map table of Mossflower. He stands at one side of it and frowns, "If your team is... still inexperienced we should not send anyone down to scout... I think what I need is a runner, I need someone to go to Chieftan Blisa and tell her I need backup, like every beast she can spear to repell an expected assault on the Abbey..." he taps the map, "Skipper and Log-A-Log have already send the forces they can spare but ift hey are coming from the south I suspect they will be hoping to take us by surprise."

Krisha says, "well we well wont be surprised now at least. " She looks at the map and listens as they discuss things.

Adrian taps  his rank insignia. "I'm a runnah, wot. Tell me wot this Blisa looks like, 'n' where she lives... An' I c'n be there 'n' back again in just a jiffy." He points to the map. "They're avoidin' the Road, so far... 'Course, we avoided th' Road, too. Lucky f'r that, or we'd 'ave missed 'em entirely, like as not..."   

Benar nods and stares at the map, "Go to Ferravale," he taps the small map of the village, "Just ask for the Chieftan, say you are carrying a message from the Abbot, they will take you to her. But she is a cat."   

Krisha says, "We have a peace treaty with Ferravale " She adds in case he needed to know." Think they will send anyone in time"

Adrian frowns when he hears mention that the chieftain is a cat. He doesn't care for cats, but keeps that to himself. "Aye, Ferravale, I see..." He thinks. "May be too late in the aftahnoon t' go t'night... Mayhaps best t' wait till first light t'morrah..."   

Benar says, "Tomorrow morning would be fine," he frowns at the map, "We do need to be careful, if there are vermin on the loose in the forest we need to be cautious that no one is jumped. But you should be fast enough to be able to avoid anyone."

Krisha nods " He can hurry there and hurry back. I am sure Blisa can send some others here, beasts that move fast to."   

Adrian smiles at Benar. "Sah, speed's mah middle name. Even then... I'll be fine. Ain't a vermin yet that's bested me in fencin' or fisticuffs." Nevertheless, he will be extra cautious tomorrow morning.   

Benar says, "Thank you Corporal," he frowns at the map, "The south though.. it is always the south... the southwall is not the strongest wall in the abbey.." he traces a line along the map of the abbey, "But forewarned should give us time to work out how to keep them out of the abbey... if we can stop them getting inside they will either leave or we can hold te abbey against them."

Krisha nods"you need me to do anything Benar?"   

Benar says, "Just try to keep this quiet for now," he frowns, "I don't want to start a panic, keep everyone focussed on the cleaning. I will talk to the guards myself and the Log-a-Log, we don't need to tell people until it is neccessary... also no one, and I mean no one comes in and out of the Abbey without my permission. If a guest arrives they are to be held in the gatehouse until I see them."

Krisha nods" Of course " She will let the gate guards know, " And I will make sure beasts work hard cleaning and dusting and make sure things stay dry but seems to be good weather and hopefully it will last"   

Adrian frowns a little. "Apologies about tha, Sah. When we arrived yesterday aftahnoon, we tried t' get t' speak wi' y' then, but were tol' y' were on bedrest..."   

Benar says, "It is ok..." He frowns, "I should have made my orders clearer, but we cannot compromise the safety of the Abbey right now..." He frowns at the map table, "But hopefully we can hold these rats outside te walls and they'l give up and move off once they realise the Abbey cannot be breached"

Krisha lays a gentle paw on the abbot shoulder " Calm Benar..you have help here at the abbey. If needed I will even fight"   

"An' if y' need any 'elp cleanin' yahr beautiful Abbey, th' five o' us will be glad t' pitch in when we aren't workin' on th' defenses..." Adrian adds.   

Benar looks at Krisha, "No... you are the badger mother Krisha, you are bound by the same charter I am.... the Abbot and Badger mother should not commit violence, even as a last resort to defend ourselves." He frowns "I'll admit badger mothers have been known to fight in the past... but we both are meant to be an example..." He nods at Adrian, "You are... most grateful welcome."   

Krisha nods. " I will just keep beasts busy with cleaning and if needed get then inside the main building"

Adrian nods his head. "That is best. We could use more guards on th' walltops, though... Any extra able-bodied beasts could be useful f'r that task..."   

Benar says, "Thank you Krisha," he frowns at the map table, "I will go ask Log-a-Log to double the guards on the walltops and keep a lock out to the south." he nods, "I will see you both later, if you see Log-a-Log before me please let him know what is coming he is in charge of Defences right now."

Krisha nods she will make sure beasts stay busy...and looks for Log-a-log to pull aside,"Great Hall...a hare speak to him please"She gives him a brief update.

Adrian salutes the Abbot, purely out of habit, and starts to head back toward the Great Hall.   

Log-A-Log is actually helping clean cause why not, he helped with the dibbun dorms and classroom cleaning and clearing,so why not other rooms.He sits on a step drinking some water now, but seeing the badger he looks up and listens.

Krisha directs a couple of otters. " No..it can be there yeah." She finishes and heads over to a group of beasts cleaning some rugs.

Adrian stops before the Shrew. "Y' th' Log-a-log around 'ere?" He asks.

Log-A-Log nods "I am Log-A-Log yes, what is it you needin' from me...The Badger Mother did mention to chat...though quietly" And luckily no one is inside, they are mostly outside except for kitchen beasts.   

Adrian nods his head. "Ah, yes. Well... Th' Abbot would like y' t' increase th' watch on th' South Wall... Don't let anybeast but th' guards know this, but there's an 'orde o' rats 'eaded this way from th' south..."

Log-A-Log nods and a frown"Rats tat want to start trouble....we will fer sure need to be doing a watch...so all stay safe"   

Adrian nods. "Aye. They're still a few days out, but we need t' be prapahed, wot. I'll do wotevah I can t' help."   

Log-A-Log nods "Always good to have a Long Patrol hare here, very good indeed"

Krisha makes sure they have something to drink and a snack while they chat and then she is once more off to help clean,dust,mop and move heavy things, keep herself and others busy like the Abbot said to do, they will work till a couple hours after sundown and she will make sure things are ok before they head inside for resting till tomorrow morning when they basically start the whole let's do ALL THIS SUPER CLEANING!..What fun but hey it surely keeps one's mind off things that's for sure.

Last edited by Mother Krisha (2020-05-29 09:52:11 PM)

#2 2020-05-30 12:37:06 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Re: Are You SURE Your The Long Patrol?-Redwall /Dibbun Slavers TP LOG

LilyMoore would ICly object (to Benar, in private) to the removal of the bells.  She would point out that they would need them to warn Ferravale of Redwall being attacked.

Also, you guys can use one of the blackbirds Blisa sent to Redwall next time, especially if it looks like my schedule won't match up with whoever to RP out them delivering the message to Ferravale.  Not saying I'm not up for an RP with Adrian; I'm cool with that RP, actually.  smile  Just meaning that it's an option for next time since my schedule's about to get wonky due to school and remotely working at my college as a tutor tongue

These aren't actually issues; I just thought it might be helpful to point them out so we can figure out what would happen ICly in the future.

Last edited by BlisaMarshmellow (2020-05-30 12:37:58 PM)

Board footer