Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-05-29 06:34:31 PM

Mother Krisha

Fresh Air And Chats Of Recent Events-Redwall LOG

WHO:
Krisha-Badger Mother

Ruela-Visiting Otter maid

Gaheris-Skipper of Camp Willow

LOG:

==Pond==

Ruela is flopped in the grass on her stomach, peering intently into the pond. The young otter's muddy-brown eyes are in motion so perhaps she's watching the local fish, but thankfully she doesn't seem inclined to poach any of them from their home.   

Krisha has decided to take a walk around the abbey grounds to clear her mind and the fresh air was good.She had been inside cleaning,even painting now, a couple rooms she was getting redone.She slows when she sees an otter she is not familiar with and walks over "Hello there, are you one of the Camp Willow otters?"

Ruela lets out a squeak of surprise and sits bolt upright, holding her forepaws up as if in surrender. "I wasn't stealin' the fish I was only lookin' t'see what they were doin' I wasn't gonna touch 'em honest otter it's true! I-- Oh, what?" Apparently it's only just now sunk in what the badger actually said. "Oooh. Umm, yeah. I mean, no. I mean, what I mean t' say is, my mum was, an' I guess my da, but I don't remember anythin' about th' place, but I've come back t' see?" She peers hopefully at Krisha, then thinks to ask, "Are you in charge here at th' Abbey?"   

Krisha shakes her head "I am Mother Krisha, I watch over the dibbuns."She frowns now as she thinks on the dibbuns, one thing the otter would clearly notice no dibbuns running around and playing. The badger speaks again "Abbot Benar is in charge of the abbey, if your looking for info on Camp Willow, the Skipper is here as well...somewhere anyways."   

Ruela says, "Oh." She peers around as if in search of these dibbuns, and finding none in sight looks pensively back at the badger mother. Then she brightens again. "Really! Th' skipper 'imself? I'll have t' see if I can find 'im. Maybe 'e'd let me stay in Camp Willow a while." She looks a little wistful. "Or even settle down there."   

Krisha nods "Your have to see yes.Him and his otters are here helping the abbey, we have had some troubles lately"   

Ruela's furry brow crinkles up as she peers at Krisha. "Trouble? What kind o' trouble? Didn' meet many beasts on the road near here, but not a one of 'em but didn' seem nervy about somethin'."   

Krisha frowns "Slavers took the...the dibbuns.We have a group looking for them now but no word yet"She sighs "And there may be trouble coming from the south,I sadly don't know much on that though."   

Ruela exclaims, "Oh no!" The young otter claps her forepaws to her cheeks, looking almost comically dismayed, though she really seems sincere in her distress. "Those mangy ol' mongrels'd dare to raid Redwall Abbey itself? I can hardly believe it. There's jus' nowhere safe from them, is there?" Her whiskers droop glumly for a moment, but then she draws herself up and declares stoutly, "You folk need help, Ruela Sunshower is here to give it!" She pauses, then sort of ruins the drama of her declaration by pointing at herself and explaining, "Uh, that's me. An', y'know, if there actually is anything I can do."   

Krisha smiles slightly"Well then hello Ruela and at the morment I am unsure. There is normal chores but also differnt things going on for defense as well we even have the GUOSIM here."   

Ruela nods and says, "I'd be glad t' 'elp 'owever I can. I don't really 'ave anywhere else t' be, after all." She sighs a bit, then looks thoughtful again. "The GUOSIM? The shrew folks? I'd like t' meet some o' them, too."   

Krisha says, "Yes the shrews...some of them are around the abbey, a couple went to track down the slavers"

Ruela asks, "D' you know why they would've chosen t' attack th' Abbey? Seems t' me there'd be lots of places easier to prey on fer them accursed vermin. 'Ow'd they even get in? Doesn' seem like it'd be so easy t' get past your walls."   

Krisha frowns "I know the ...slavers were watching us for possible weeks, send in some spy it seemed to help, used sleeping herbs and broke a side gate...the gate is fixed now, the only one who managed to see the vermin were Sister Ginny and one dibbun that was hiding..."She sighs as a tear falls "Sister Ginny was killed."   

Ruela's whiskers droop again, and the otter maid looks deeply dejected by this news. "That's terrible," she murmurs. "Must be so awful fer everyone. I'm so sorry." She clenches her handpaws and gives a stubborn stamp of her foot. "'oever you've got out trackin' those vermin, they've got to get your dibbuns back at least. They've got to! I bet you've sent your best."   

Krisha nods "My mate is one of them, but I didn't know he tagged along till a couple days later but he is a strong fighter, and one of the dibbuns the slavers have is our son....I don't even know why they want him, him is just a babe"   

Ruela exclaims, "Ugh! Who ever knows why vermin do what they do? What a bunch o' wretches!" She scrubs her claws agitatedly through the fur behind her ears. "Well, I guess there isn't much I can do about the slavers, but I'll stick about here an' do whatever else I can. Even if it's just goin' to the river to catch more fish to feed everybeast here. I'm a dab paw with a fishin' spear!"   

Krisha says, "I have no idea why slavers do anything"She then sighs but a small smile "We are fine on food and some are just trying to get thier minds off recent events like I am fixing up the dibbun dorms,classroom, and a main roon the dibbuns use for play and hanging out in."

Ruela looks a little disappointed at the lack of need for fishing. "Oh, well. I can, umm.. whitewash." She nods firmly, showing great conviction of her ability to whitewash. It might be a sham. "Do a lot of folk live here at the Abbey? Seems real big an' fine. I bet you get a lot of travelers too."   

Krisha says, "A fair amont live here, some come and stay during the winter season and head off, we get a lot of visators during feast days,but I dont think we will have one for Summer...prbally one for Autumn, or least I hope so and maybe we will have a good reason to celebrate during the Authumn feast one never knows"

Ruela says, "A feast day... mm, that sounds nice. I hope you do have something t' celebrate soon." She peers quizzically at Krisha. "Would you happen t' have a place fer travelers t' bed down 'ere? I could do with a bit 'o shut-eye. If you don't, that's all right.. I'm used t' sleepin' rough, an' the weather's holdin' real nice."

Krisha says, "We have the guest dorms on the 2nd floor"

Ruela gives Krisha a lopsided smile. "Then maybe I'll go find a spot fer myself, and catch a few winks. And thank you as well fer the very kind greetin'. Until I see ya again, keep your chin up and your whiskers straight!" With a gesture that's part wave and part salute, the otter maid rambles off in the direction of the abbey entrance.   

===Later in the day====

It was a warm sunny day but the open grounds were unusually quiet without the sound of playing dibbuns running around. The Skipper has claimed a little space by the walls and he's started setting up an archery target, safely out of the way of everything.   
Krisha is out walking, she has decided to do this least once a day to get fresh air.She sees the Skipper and walks on over to him "Hello, hope your day is going well."She does look at the archery target but doesn't say anything about it.   

Gaheris is trying to get it to stand up straight but stops when he hears the badger coming and raises a paw to greet her "'ey. Well the day ain't gone t'ell yet so we'll call it good" he says with a smile "How y'doin'?"   

Krisha shrugs "I suppose I am doing as well as I can anyways, see we have some hare visators."She would usually be elsewhere but not so much today she hasn't been.   

Gaheris nods slowly at the mention of the hares and looks back to the target "Aye, they turned up yesterday with a warnin' of rats potentially 'eadin' this way. Y'ain't got t'worry, there's plenty of us t'keep 'em out but if they do come 'ere I'm not un 'appy t'ave a few 'ares 'elpin' out"   

Krisha nods "I'm not too worried.I can fight though if needed but hopefully wouldn't come to that.My father made sure I knew self defense "

Gaheris chuckles quietly "I've never seen a rat stand much chance against a badger anyway. Y're welcome t'look after y'self and we'll focus on everyone else. I'm 'opin' we can just keep 'em outside the gates though"   

Krisha says, "Yes outside would be the best idea . They dont need in here. I say long as we have good wall guards, archers even if needed...we should be fine"

Gaheris pats the target "Well tha's wha' this is for. There might be a few extra bows and slings knockin' about the place tha' we can put t'good use. A bit of practice won't 'urt either. They're just vermin takin' advantage of the situation, they ain't been plannin' out anythin' so we should be fine, aye"   

Krisha nods, "Only weapons I know of are in the gatehouse,not sure about longbow or arrows...they are likely in there too and they are easily made if thats needed."   

Gaheris starts setting the target up straighter again "Aye, we'll raid the gatehouse but it's easier t'make slings and find some stones if it comes t'tha' than it'll be t'make bows and arrows and then teach beasts t'use 'em"   

Krisha says, "Not used a sling before, but yes lots of smooth rocks by the pond and probably some around the rocks.I suppose it wouldn't hurt to teach them how to use a sling.I am unsure how many would as some truly hate any weapon and won't touch them at all."She chuckles a little "Oz had a staff , yes he used it to walk with but he also used it for defense when he had to. He didn't have it the last 4 seasons he was alive though, it got broke by some insane....stoat or marten I..dont remember what it was...but they did regret breaking his staff"

Gaheris smiles faintly when she chuckles before he chuckles too "Y'get all the crazy beasts around 'ere. I'm still 'opin' they'll not actually come 'ere but if they do I'm sure we can find y'a big stick t'carry on the tradition of 'ittin' vermin with it"    May 29, 2020 at 10:02 p.m.
Krisha chuckles, a smile "Maybe but lets hope I dont need a walking staff any time soon"   

Gaheris raises a finger with a chuckle "Purely for 'ittin' vermin with, I assure y'. Y'shake it at 'em a bit and they'll probably run for it anyway"   

Krisha says, "They do tend to run from a badger or least most do anyways.If they don't then you might have an issue on your paws.But we were warned of these rats as a possible threat so we will be ready for them"   

Gaheris shrugs a shoulder "Well if they don't run they're probably a mite touched in the 'ead, which could be t'our advantage...Y'know, we got 'ares and a badger. Y'think they'd believe it if we told 'em y'were a badger lord?...er, lady"   

Krisha hmmms "Not sure, I don't really look the part though and I dont have any weapon"She seems to think"Though..."Or does she have one she hasn't mentioned before,"I....do have my father's sword but I keep it in a chest,he was a blacksmith and worked in Ferravale I didnt see him too often,he died this past winterr sadly, but he left me his shop which a trusted beast runs now and..I have his short sword, not an expert at it though"   

Gaheris takes a step back so he can look Krisha up and down as he thinks "Hmm...Well I'd make sure the sword is sharp but I think we'd need armour t'really sell the idea and it's a bit late t'be makin' tha'. It might not 'ave put 'em off anyway"   

Krisha nods "Never have had armor and I dont think armor my mate had would fit me anyways" She shrugs "Maybe not that idea then, but seeing some Long Patrol hares might scare them a bit"

Gaheris shakes his head "It were an idea. I don't claim t'ave good ones all the time. I'm comfortable tha' the abbey is more protected than they'll be expectin' anyway"   

Krisha smiles "We are protected and thats good we have you and some other otters, there is Log-a-log and a couple other of his shrews, 5 hares and some Ferravale beasts, I could let the sparra know too maybe they can help."

Gaheris hehs and looks up towards the roofs "I think they must know by now with the amount of birds Ferravale sent. We'll get some bird t'check out where the rats are and if they're still comin' this way. If we're lucky the vermin 'ave just split off and left the area"    May 29, 2020 at 11 p.m.
Krisha nods, she hmmms softly "I do hope the birds do know to not upset the sparra, I dont think they like any beast too near where they live or so I heard.I just know one sparrow that stays down below a lot, most are on the roof or the loft and rarely come down.I eas tught the langage its fairly simple they use the word worm alot"   

Gaheris shakes his head "If the birds are fightin' tha's out of my area. Give me otters and fish and I'll give 'em orders but birds ain't in me remit" he finally seems satisfied with the target so his mind is on to the next job "Anyway. I better go 'ave a look in yer gatehouse and see wha' weapons we've got t'spare"   

Krisha nods,"Alright. I am sure there is some in there.I know there was a couple old broken ones from who knows where...they are now hinges from where the small gates are being repaied."   

Gaheris raises a paw in thanks as he wanders off that way "I'll see wha' I can find and then 'ope no one needs t'use 'em"   

Krisha nods, "I should head inside.I need to check on some things anyways" She  heads inside and does a little more with the dibbun rooms and smiles, now came the painting the walls and adding other painting to the walls like pictures of vines and flowers and maybe some other things too.It was beginning to come along nicely ever so slowly.

Board footer