Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-05-22 10:05:41 PM

Mother Krisha

Stormy Weather Slows Things Down-Dibbun Slavers TP

**** I made a hare teen to join the LP....ya!.She will be a healer I think..she just has to get to the Mt. and become a Private.*****

WHO:

Donica-Teen hare and recently orphaned

Xander-Leader of Mossflower Defenders

Matilda-Champion of Redwall

Caleb-Traverling warrior

Keldorn-Warrior Shrew

Oswald-Warrior Shrew

LOG:

The storm had come suddenly,one of those pouring rains and thunder, lightning and where one cant see their paw in front of their eyes. Who would be out on this weather? It seemed a young hare was and she was lost, alone, and limping a little as it was clear she hurt her footpaw on something as she walked along the riverbank now and slide a couple of times in the mud as her outfit was mud covered.

Xander disliked storms and was glad they decided to stop.One thing on log boats,they fill with water and that caused him to panic but they made it to shore and set up a small campsite.They had found a good location that was good enough for them to stay in one night.

Keldorn had set about checking the Logboat he was in and let Oswald check the other one.The shrews could easily get the water out once it stoped raining, a simple flip it over with some strong paws and then dry it out with a thick cloth and they could set sail again.The shrew set about getting some firewood, a campfire would be good and they could arm some food, he grinned as he would find some crayfish,and there was early summer berries he found as a surprise.

Donica was not to far from the beasts,the rain had slowed now to a faint misty rain but it didn't help the small hare, she was still lost and alone and had her reasons for not being home, a shiver went through her as she walked on, she been on her own 3 days now.   

Xander peeked out and mentioned he was going to go find Keldorn and taking his blade just in case.

Keldorn placed the crayfish in a sack and even found watercress and had the berries, maybe a salad of watercress and berries and shrimps on the side.   

Donica walked on and then gasps as she sees movement and its not the badger or shrew either.It was weasel"Whats this" The hare maid screams and runs, of course the weasel gives chase.Luckily it was just the weasel, not among the slavers she had ran from just 3 days ago, but still a vermin .   

Xander stoped and listened, looked around and sliped onto a path as he clearly heard the scream and got his blade out.He was ready to stab any evil thing that moved.   

Keldorn walked back to the camp and stoped, he frowned as he thought he heard something but he seen nothing.He adjusted his pack and went to climb a nearby tree for a better view of the river as it didn't seem like they would catch up that fast and he saw no boat,a frown there was trouble close by and he didn't like it one bit, then missions are never easy it seemed.   

Donica ran and tripped over a log by the river and curled up on the ground,she was tried and worn out,her footpaws hurt and she had not had anything decent to eat or drink the past 3 days as she was scared to do so.   

The weasel catches up and grins down at the hare maid "You would make a nice meal....maybe a fur coat come winter time, I also dislike hares..live ones"He goes to bring the blade down at her.

Xander seen the weasel and when it went to start to stab the hare he growled deeply and his blade went to slice into the weasel' neck! The badger was NOT in the mood for chatting and showing he was there,it was a weasel trying to harm a child, the weasel needed death!   

Keldorn frowned as he slipped down, he didn't hear anything anymore and that worried him but he didn't dare call out for his friends as he was extra careful and scaned the woodlands and riverbank again.He then heard the growl and blinked, getting his raspier he hurried down a path.   

The weasel didn't have time to figure out why he died or how he died, he was headless. The hare looked up at the badger and whimpered, she was too tried to run or move and so just laid there.

Xander cleaned the blade and kneeled down to check the hare,he then put his blade away and gently picked the hare up and headed back to the otter den carrying Donica in his arms.   

Keldorn came into view and huried to them "What happen my friend, who is this? What was the growl about?" He had so many questions of his friend.   

Donica is semi-conscious as she blinked and then seemed to decide these beasts were friends,she was safe so she welcomed the unconsciousness when it came.   

Xander says, "A weasel...its dead"He walks till they are at the den"She needs warmed up,she is staying with us for now...she was all alone."

Keldorn nods "We can....yes we can find out what happen, she likely has family somewhere being so young.I would hate to think she did not, travel for one young is not good...well I am gonna make dinner and she can get warm..we can learn more later."   

Donica mutters something but the campfire will warm her up,as for cleaning her up....well that can wait for now.

Xander lets the others know of thier guest and then sits down by the fire with a sigh.   

Keldorn says, "We head back out with the sunrise" He looks at the hare "But what to do...with her"

Donica stirs "Papa....papa...."She opens her eyes and looks around,a frown when she has no clue where she is,did the weasel get her after all,she starts crying.   

Xander speaks softly "Its ok..your safe,the weasel is dead."He offers her some salad and stew, water to drink."Here...who are you, where is your parents?"   

Keldorn smiles at the hare "We are friends, yes do tell us maybe we can fin them along our trip down river"   

Donica just cries more and sniffs "Vermin....hurt them and grandma said run and I did....and they...they..."She sniffs and just crys,its clear what happen.   

Xander goes to hug her and looks at Keldorn, "We have to catch up to them, if its the same ones...and make them pay"   

Keldorn frowns, "These slavers are most foul..yes I agree let us hope we are catching up some and maybe something will slow them so we catch up to them"   

Donica leans into the badger and starts sobbing, she will stop long enough to eat some food and then fall back to sleep soon afterward.

Xander will keep the hare close to him, he frowns as the rain starts to come back and the wind and gulps a little, he stands "I am...gonna check on the others"

With the storm still raging and the river moss in full flood still travel has been halted.   

Oswald is currently standing up to his knees in the mud covering the river-bank lashing down the log-boats whilst Matilda is carting supplies back to their tent up on the grass beneath a stand of tall trees.   

She left Caleb pitching the tents so they can all get inside someplace dry! Not that it'll help much the rain is practically falling horizontally, everyone is soaked through. It's into this most delightful storm and the camp that Donica has found herself. With Xander and Keldorn down helping to secure the boats with Oswald she is currently alone in the largest tent, Matilda's with the front canvas pulled up.

Lightning cracks throug the sky, the wind and rain howl and Matilda ducks her head, steps over to Caleb and all but ushers the mouse into her tent, "Forget the others..." she shouts loudly. "Mine will do until this blows over."   

Caleb was in the midst of pitching the tents when the lightning struck. He looks up towards the sky with squinted eyes and knew this wasn't going to work so he would have to try a different approach. For now, the mouse had finished Matilda's and was glad she asked him to stop cause everything was getting soaked. Luckily he had the foresight to toss his pad and charcoal into something watertight so he was still able to speak. Caleb heads into the tent and writes something down after drying off. "This storm is massive. Bigger than I ever seen. It's gonna be a bit before it blows over."   

Donica has been quiet since she been brought here.The storm is not bothering her too much, yet anyways.She does look between the two beasts   

Matilda peers down at the three boys working on the log boats. Oswald has a waxed awning rigged up over his boat and the larger one and they are settling in down there out of the rain. "Well the shrews should be ok over there..."   

Matilda sits down and pulls out a large lantern from her pack, "So we three can stay in here and get cozy," she lights the lamp which starts to give out heat and light then offers a large towel to Caleb. "I'm Matilda, and this," she nods at the mouse, "Is Caleb, he's mute so tends to speak through his words or the paw language he and I know... so young hare, Xander didn't give me many details, what brings you here?"   

Caleb would only give Donica a wave and smile towards them. He shows the hare his pad after writing down. "It's nice to meet you. Just a bit nervous is all. Still a little nervous around new people.

Donica frowns, she speaks softly "I....got lost after running from some bad beasts, they came in our hut and grandpa said run so I did...I think they" She frowns and looks at the ground now as a tear falls"I..got lost and there was a weasel...it almost got me when I triped,...then the weasel was grabbed and...its head came off" What ...she is telling the truth,she sort of passed out from being worn out to see much of it, probably best too.   

Matilda says, "Yes... that will happen if Xander is upset and he has a lot of reasons to be upset right now," she glances down at the boats and waves at Oswald. The shrew raises back then takes out his lute and starts playing it, the music mostly lost by the thundering rainstorm. "Well young one what is your name? You will be safe with us now, though I am afraid we are traveling west after some more vermin so our path may not be the safest..." she hesitates and glances at Caleb, "Caleb here is also part of our group a warrior who stands by my side I am sure between the five of us we can help keep you safe."

Caleb would just listen to the girl and nod towards them before he looks towards Matilda. The mouse just uses his paw language to communicate since he was tired of writing and wanted to save the pages. "What should we do now? This damn rain won't be going for a while and we're not exactly going to be moving anywhere till it passes unless we all wish to die of colds."   

Matilda looks at Caleb and smiles at him, "We sit, we talk Caleb," she turns the lantern so it gives off more heat then light, "Who taught you the sword? Your father I take it?" she looks at him, "I... we would like to hear about it..." she takes the sword of Martin and lays it across her lap, "I wish to know Calab, we...wish to know."

Caleb was whimpering and trying not to think of it. But something... felt calming. Mayhaps it was that Matilda said the spirit of Martin was here. Mayhaps it was Martin himself who was helping to calm him... maybe it was just because Matilda and Dora were... a bit beautiful. Either way, Caleb would put down the pad and slowly start to explain   

Matilda smiles at Caleb, watching him and listening, her hands resting lightly on the sword of Martin.

"My father was the one who taught me, yes. You see, my mother and my father were vastly different, being that my mother was more sophisticated and my father was more of a brash but loving warrior. He protected my village and taught me everything he knew of the sword, dirty tricks and all. Although I believe in more fair fighting, I do have some aces up my sleeve. My mother however taught me to read, write have some manners and even show care and kindness to everyone. But there was... a reason I left. My father one day came back pretty injured and it turned out there was a vermin gang that came around who were basically saying they owned the town."   
Caleb actually stops and looks like he doesn't want to admit the next part. But he has to. "My mother... I hid with my father's blade as they... defiled her. They soon slit her throat and started trying to take the rest of the town. I was still a young one back then but I could lift my father's blade just enough... the reason I don't really like to kill unless I have to is because I slaughtered them all, Matilda. Every last one of them. While I know that I wanted to train with the Badger Lord and the Long Patrol... I knew I'd be in a violent way if I did. It's part of the reason I wanted to stay at the Abbey. Either way... I made sure the proper people were buried, gave them what I could... and I just ran. I took all my things and walked off, cause I didn't want to see that place again."   

Matilda listens, her face darkens as she listens to the young mouse's story and nods her head    Matilda says, "I see.. your life has not been easy Caleb..." Her eyes hold his, "It has known darkness, but when this is over... Martin and I agree, you should stay with us at the abbey. You can still be a warrior, like DoraRose, like Xander," outside the rain continues to thunder and crash, rain falls, "But you will find the peace as well."

Xander couldn't sleep, he HATED storms and he wasn't gonna wake the others in his tent, there was Dora,Oswald and Keldorn..sleeping  so he went to check on the others and make sure things was ok, just a short way to the tent, then a loud thunder clap and he rushes inside the tent, he cleared his throat and nods, " Hi...all well?"   

It's clear Xander came at a bad time as besides the rain... Caleb is crying. It's the first time he's cried in a long time besides that small tear he shed when Friar Lacota gave him all that food. He just sits there crying as Matilda listens and talks to him. But as Xander comes up he quickly straightens but just whimpers. He only signs this time, "I... It's not a good time. I'm sorry you had to see me like this Xander. But... now you understand Matilda... why I am glad that I can not speak. Because I would just be worried all the time... it's why I didn't want to stay because I was afraid my past would come back to haunt me and put the Abbey in danger. That somehow the ghosts of those vermin would come back and kill everyone."   

Matilda spins the sword of Martin up before her in a salute to Caleb, she then swings it back into its sheath, "It is ok Caleb... it is good to talk and let it out," she shuffles aside as outside thunder booms, "Sit with us Xander, it is dry and cozy in here."

Xander nods as he comes to sit down,he speaks " Its ok to..cry at times Caleb and to even be afraid, I get afraid at times still." Like the storm but he is calming with others awake.   

Caleb would groan and whimper but slowly nod. He soon settles and just looks towards Xander with a small smile. He's proud to have his friends and then blinks as he signs something. "Someone... else is here. Why do I feel another presence?"

Matilda says, "His attention is on us once more." She sets the sword aside and settles back with a soft smile, "We should try to sleep however, tomorrow is going to be wet"

Xander frowns, " Traveling in...this or maybe it will stop raining, least as bad"   

Matilda says, "Well either way my friends, we have a long way to go tomorrow."

Caleb blinks and looks around the area before smiling somewhat. "Martin protects all of the Abbey, hm? It... feels nice actually. Thanks for that, Matilda... and yeah, we should rest. Is there anything else you'd like to know?"

Xander yawns a little as he lays down, " She..might of fallen asleep..I am awake for a little while"

Its not too long till...most are asleep

Donica stirs a little in her sleep, least she isn't still wandering around lost....she is with some beasts its just a question of where she will end up from here.She sits up and frowns.

Xander looks over "Hey....you ok?"

Donica nods and goes to sleep beside the badger, "Just...miss grandpa...and the storm and all the rain is scary"

Xander nods "Yeah...it is...."He tenses up at a thunderclap and sighs, humming softly to himself.

Donica tilts her head "You're afraid of the storm took? But you're an adult and a badger, a warrior"

Xander gives a soft weak chuckle "So..warriors can be afraid.."

The rain does slow and is soon a light shower, some crickets venture out as it seems its best to rest.So all the beasts get rest, some good rest and then once its morning it's time to restart the hunt for those slavers and get closer to getting the dibbuns back.

Last edited by Mother Krisha (2020-05-22 10:08:49 PM)

Board footer