Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-05-16 06:20:31 PM

Mother Krisha

Peace Shattered!-Dibbun Slaver Roleplay LOG

Early Summer and Redwall Abbey is a picture of calm, peace, and tranquility beneath the morning sun. The crops in the fields are beautiful, the orchard is dotted with budding young fruit and the majestic red-sandstone buildings seem to gleam under the light of the morning sun.   
The peace and tranquility is shattered however as the main doors open and Abbot Benar comes down the steps shooing people this way and that. "Ok Brother Berrangar leave the orchard check for this morning, a day off won't hurt but we do need to water the flower gardens still."   

He gestures, "Sister Catlyn, herb garden, gather everything that should have been gathered first thing and get it to Lacota, he'll need herbs and spices to make lunch," lifting his list the abbot reads a line then points, "Novice George, Novice Sabelle, Wine Cellar with Matilda, help her bring up anything she needs," the novices scurry off and Benar checks the list again.   

"Ok I think that is everything that should have been done first thing..." he shakes his head, "I am going to go see why Lilymoore didn't ring the bells, I suspect she just slept in after helping with the little ones all night at their camp out. I should have asked someone else to ring the morning bells, or got up and done it myself, now scoot everyone, let's catch up on the chores before I get an angry Friar aimed at me, scoot..."   

With the various members of the order and their helpers dispersing the Abbot starts to head over toward the orchard. It had been quite nice to have a lie in, even the Abbot hadn't woken up on time without the bells ringing in the new morning. As a consequence everything is a little bit out of kilter, the sun is rising toward the mid-morning point. But a slow start never hurt anyone, the elderly squirrel making a note to maybe do this more often. It wouldn't hurt everyone to have a day when the bells don't ring in the morning, let people sleep in, of course, next time it'd be less of a mad rush if it was planned in advance.   

Strolling around the edge of the pond the Abbot can see the tents ahead, still set up for camping, and shakes his head with a fond smile. Spotting Ginny resting with her back against a tree, chin against her chest the Abbot shifts direction and starts moving toward the elderly hedgehog, picking his way past the first row of tents. He slows and frowns at the fire-pit, there was no fire lit which was odd. Then he pauses and looks around, something seemed off and he couldn't quite put his finger on it.   

He's about to call out to Ginny when it dawns on him, the bells might not have rung but no way the dibbuns slept in. No way they wouldn't be up causing havoc unless of course the DAB saw everyone else was still asleep and have snuck off someplace. Groaning the Abbot heads for the hedgehog, dreading where they have got into, probably the pantry... he's going to have an angry Lacota any moment now he just knows it.   

"Ginny," he calls out, "Ginny wake up we need to..." reaching down to shake her shoulder the abbot freezes as her head flops sideways at a very un-natural angle and then the old hedgehog slumps sideways, sprawling on the floor at his feet.

"Ginny..."   

Benar drops to his knees and rolls her over, eyes widening in horror as what he is seeing registers, "No... Ginny...." his head snaps up and he looks at the tents, "Krisha.... Lillymore...." he dashes to the first tent and throws it open, empty... he leaps across to the next, pulling back the tent flaps and... empty....

"Help..." his first cry is stifled, his throat seizing up and he has to lean against a tentpole to steady himself, then the throws his head back and screams for help at the top of his lungs. Stumbling to the next tent he throws it open and stares inside at the tangled blankets, lying half out of her sleeping bag is Krisha, she is breathing, he can see that much and kneels down next to her. Shaking her the abbot moves back outside when he can't rouse the badger and looks around wild-eyed, not quite believing what he has found.   

Screaming for help again he kneels down beside Sister Ginny once again and gives her the best dignity he can manage right now. Taking off the long red stole he wears around his shoulders the squirrel drapes it across her face, hiding the unnatural angle of her neck from view.   

Then throwing his head back he screams again for help, his voice carrying over the still quiet air of the Abbey, a piercing, jarring cry that has no place in the tranquil summer drenched splendour of the abbey grounds.

Krisha groans, what was the screaming and why was she being shaken awake. She also had the worse headache ever as she groans and tried to sit up" ohhhhhh....ok wot happen.."She tries to stand and stumbles onto the grass with a groan, little trouble walking just yet as she coughs and sits up holding her acheing head, ok she just has to focus, stupid mega headache.   

Gorvenalus heard the scream, was that the abbot? He frowned and hurried to where the yell had come from. He moved rather fast for an old beaver." What the seasons?"   

LilyMoore is in a tent, empty save for her. She had collapsed while getting a blanket for a tired Dibbun -- the coverlet is still clasped in her paws. Butterclaw, having reluctantly agreed to help his best friend watch the Dibbuns and sing them songs, is sprawled awkwardly in the entrance of another tent, a blanket in his claws, having had agreed to sing a few Dibbuns a lullaby to help them fall asleep. Little had they known that the Dibbun's sleepiness had been caused by drugs.   

Out in the middle of the pond is alone gosling. Who should it be but Gracie, blue blankie wrapped around her shoulders, corners trailing in the water. Upon hearing someone she knows, the goose starts crying and honking loudly, circling in the dead center of the pond, too afraid to come to shore.   

DoraRose comes from the Gatehouse at a dead run, drawn sword in paw. She speeds towards the Abbot and halts beside him, guessing at a glance what happened to Sister Ginny. "Oh, no...." She dashes inside a few tents, crying out when she sees her daughter. Coming back, the Warrior mouse's blue eyes flash. A guard comes dashing up from the south wall, paws waving. "Dora! I went up as relief for the south wall -- the guards up there are asleep, and I can't wake them!"   

A crowd has started gathering, instantly mustering to their Abbot's cries for help. Angela hobbles out of the crowd, smacking beasts out of her way with her staff. "Outta my way! A 'Ealer might be needed!" She kneels beside the late Sister, but one glance is all she needs. Swearing quite colorfully, the old mouse stands. "Where are the Dibbuns??"   

Xander has been by the entry, he oversleep and now seems to know why or least he thinks he does. He frowns and quickly goes over to where the pond and orchards are frowning, but has yet to figure out what is going on since likely too many beasts near the abbot and poor Sister Ginny yet.He asks a novice "What's..going on?" The novice looks like he is about to cry, they have not been a novice long,"Something....bad I think" The badger frowns and walks a little closer, the novice stays where he is shivering.

The Abbot reaches out as if to stop Angela as she kneels by Ginny, but it is not needed, he does squeeze her on the shoulder however. She can probably feel his hand trembling and note the way his other arm is looped around his tail tightly. But his face is calm, he can go climb into the attic later and have a breakdown, right now his people need him.   

Sister Catlyn and her group were the closest, having been in the herb garden, the middle-aged mouse stops by the Abbot and asks, "Ginny?" Benar's shake of the head is all she needs and she and she positions herself between the crowd and the hedgehog, with Angela there as well for all the world looking like she is helping the hedgehog it should stop most beasts from seeing the truth for now.   

"Ok everyone be calm..." Benar says, he really wishes he had his staff, the bell on the end is always good for cutting through the noise. He claps his hands together, "Silence... everyone...." he takes a deep breath and turns and almost sags in relief as he sees Matilda leading George and Sabelle, the gleaming length of Martin's sword resting unsheathed on one shoulder. That alone is enough to quiet most people, the Champion with Martin's sword bared inside the abbey grounds, unheard of.   

"Matilda, take the guards, check every gate, secure the walls, check for any sign of... where our children are," the Champion nods and starts calling off names, marshaling those who have training to her side, giving them orders.   

"Dora, get the Gatebook and," he spots Gorvenalus, "Take the recorder I want a full accounting of who is inside the abbey and are the accounted for, take a full headcount as quickly as you can" he swallows heavily, "Sabelle, help Mother Krisha up... and..." he turns and looks at the pond, "Someone get the row-boat ready I can hear Gracie in the middle of the pond we need to retrieve her everyone else is to return to the Great Hall and remaind there..."   

He looks as everyone as the hubbub starts to return but Matilda swings the sword of Martin and it hits a rock and the blade rings, "You heard the Abbot, if you have not been given a task, great hall NOW!" that tone of command is enough to get most beasts moving.   

Krisha is unable to stand right now feeling ill,dizzy and has a serious headache "I..I can't...head hurts too much.."She could stand with some help but this pounding headache is not good, she does note the dibbuns are missing but maybe they are hiding, but one can't walk away or ..well do much "Where..where is..oz?" She coughs roughly and frowns, still somewhat sleepy but not as much now.

Gorvenalus walks closer and helps get breasts to walk towards great hall" Someone needs to see where the other dibbuns are at. Hiding?" He frowns and hopes the dibbuns are just hiding and not.....missing.   

Caleb would slowly come out to the Great Pond, looking around the area slightly groggy. After having helped with some small clean up, the mouse retired back to the infirmary and noticed most if not everyone was missing or out cold. He didn't wanna disturb anyone. He had eating what was left in his bag and came out to find... a mess. Empty tents, groggy beasts, and... a covered form. Mouth agape, he wanders forward towards the first person he can find, DoraRose. Caleb gives her a wave and makes a motion to ask what was going on.

DoraRose was actually on her way to check the closest gate when the Abbot stops her. Obviously upset, she hesitates, then nods. "Aye, I will. Emyuil!" The mouse spots her brother in the crowd and points to the one tent. "Get Lily to the Gatehouse, and stay with her until she can come tell us what happened. Zarok, Terfil! Do the same for Butterclaw," she adds, pointing to the tent where the sparrow is. Then the Gatekeeper, shaking slightly, sheathes her sword and beckons to the old beaver. "Come on. Let's get counting."

LilyMoore stirs slightly as her uncle gathers her up and carries her to the Gatehouse. However, since Butterclaw is a bird, the drugs affected him more than the others. Zarok follows the mice, carrying the sparrow, as Terfil goes up to Angela and whispers at her. The old mouse frowns and gestures at Catlyn to see to Sister Ginny. "I need t'check on those who seem t' 'ave been drugged." She pauses for a moment and goes to rest a paw on the Abbot's shoulder. "You get Gracie. I think you both need it. I'll be back when I can."   

The old mouse heads off, stopping by the Badger Mother first, but noticing she's awake, says, "I need to check on Butterclaw. I'm concerned that he's not awake yet." She follows Terfil as they go to the Gatehouse.   

Gracie is still circling in the dead center of the pond, her honks having died down to just regular crying. Her blankie is wet, but since she's a waterbird, she isn't really noticing, especially with how distressed she currently is.   

Xander walks slowly and frowns, ok..those that helped Krisha are..ill? Or something, he frowns more and quickly gets to Krisha and helps her stand, but then mutters for her to sit down catching the last few words he frowns "I..don't have him..."Worry comes across his face now,he will stay by Krisha till a healer can look at her and make sure she is ok, then he is going over to Benar.   

Caleb just sort of stands there as it seemed DoraRose did not even notice him... curses for being smaller than your average field mouse. Either way, the boy would wander back towards the Abbot and come around with his pad this time. He holds it out towards Benar with a frantic look on his face. "Abbot Benar... what has happened? Please, tell me how I can help."   

Gorvenalus goes to help figure out where everyone is and frowns " Any recent guests?"

Matilda is slowly taking charge, she has beasts heading up onto the wall or heading to the champions cottage to grab a quarterstaff. She stops as something catches her eyes and marches over to the south wall gate. She uses the tip of her sword and the whole thing thumps backward off its hinges, she curses and snaps.   

"Dora, Caleb with me now," which is a testament to the Champions skill that she knows exactly who here two best assets are right now. The gatekeeper and the traveling warrior. The hedgehog doesn't wait but is through the gate, sword at the ready. But she stops upon finding the corpse of the hare Jet just outside the wall and curses, kneeling down to look at him. She doesn't recognize him personally but the Gatekeeper will.   

Back in the Abbey the Abbot leaves Catlyn to care for Ginny, he can grieve for her later. He would make use of Xander but Krisha will need him more so he grabs Brother Berengar and has him help push the row boat out into the lake. With the otter brother rowing the Abbot leans forward calling toward the gosling, "Gracie, it is me Benar, swim to me little one."   

Krisha groans and coughs, ok she feels ill as likely the other helpers out here do as well but it seems she was sliped more of the drug, she leans onto Xander and frowns"You don't...have him..where is...is he, where are the other dibbuns.."She will sit down and groans her head still hurts a lot so she can't focus right now or she likely be panicing more since her cub is missing and he was RIGHT beside her.   

Caleb hears his name called and comes out with Dora, heading over towards where the hedgehog calls out. He doesn't know Matilda personally but he has heard some rumors as he was being treated in the infirmary. After all, a warrior recognizes the call of another even if they have never met. Coming out it seems his fears were proven true. A hare lays there and he comes out to look around the corpse. His scans pick up the dagger in their chest, writing down for Matilda and Dora to see. "A dagger... it looks vermin made, no way it was found in the forest somewhere. Seems he wanted to fight back."   

Gorvenalus hmmms and checks on helpers from the tents that had been outside, some awake, some semi-awake, one still sleeping. He looks around for clues.   

DoraRose had only just gotten the books out of the Gatehouse and started pouring over the entries when who should call but the Champion! Gritting her teeth, the Gatekeeper hands the book to Gorvenalus -- he can figure out who all's here -- and dashes over to the wallgate. Nodding to Caleb, she notes that he's still here and he's new to the Abbey. Then there's the hare. Pointing at him, she says, "That's Jet. He came a few days ago. I didn't meet him, but it's hard to miss a hare." She kneels beside his body and goes to rummage through his clothes, searching for anything that could offer them a clue. Her face is hard and angry, and her blue eyes are flashing.   
LilyMoore comes bursting out of the Gatehouse, her uncle right behind her. Emyuil catches her as she trips, vomiting from the drugs. "The Dibbuns! Where are they?" Angela comes out next and makes her way to Krisha. "Butterclaw should be fine. 'Ow are you feelin'?"

Gracie stops circling and hugs her blankie closer. Tears run down her cheeks, but she stays right where she is. "Honk! Fewwet huwt Sistew Ginny an' touch hew face an' she fall down!" The gosling is much too young to understand just how the hedgehog died. "An'....an' foxie an' ovvew vewmins tooksded da ovvew Dibbuns! I stayed hewe -- Squiwwelbabe was /mean/ an' twied to take my blankie!"   

Xander stands and lets Angela tend to Krisha and looks around, he takes a deep breath and walks over towards some others to see just what is going on, what news will be brought, he waits to see how he can help.   

Benar lifts Gracie into the rowboat and Berengar starts for shore. The abbot frowns, "A ferret and a fox... took the others?" He glances toward the shore, "Faster Berengar, faster...." the Abbot then does his best to calm Gracie down and gets her to repeat her story once more then does his best to rock her to sleep.

As they reach the shore he'd call, "Lilymoore, I need you now..." he'll then hand Gracie over to the mouse-maid, trying to soothe the dibbun before ordering Lily and Emyuil back into the gatehouse. Then with Berengar in tow he starts for the south wall where he last saw Matilda.   

Matilda frowns at what Caleb has found, then she nods, "Thank you Caleb..." she then moves back to let Dora search his body and starts to scan the ground, "Help me search Caleb, tracks, clues, anything..."   

It's a fruitless task however, about a hundred yards from the wallgate, hidden in the trees is a clearing. There are clear signs of a camp, the odd discarded piece of equipment or clothing and dents where a wagon must have waited. But whichever direction they left in the vermin have cleared their tracks thoroughly and the champion turns to her young mouse companion, "Can you see anything? If not we need to secure that gate and tell the Abbot..." she stares off into the trees, "I fear our little ones have been kidnapped."   

Krisha shivers a little and coughs, she looks at Angela a little more awake and mutters "Headache.....feel dizzy and...."Yep, she just prooved felt like about to vomit and comes muttering a sorry, she still thinks the other dibbuns are hiding, least till she gets news other wise,as xander walks away she groans"Who has..Oz? He..he couldnt of walked off....cant even..crawl"

Gorvenalus looks over logs and sighs as he can't find much out of place and walks back toward the pond to see what else may of been found, a few questions to half asleep, ill beasts he doesn't get much and frowns.

Caleb would look over what is found, nodding towards Matilda as she calls to him again. He makes sure to keep himself at the ready since his blade was still within the gatehouse. As they search, he makes sure to keep himself looking for tracks, or any signs of life. The camp proves to be a bit fruitless as he looks over everything. He seems to dig and pick apart where there were some things, but just shakes his head. He writes up something and shows it to Matilda. "Nothing... they were here but left after a bit. They've got a good head start too, by the signs of those indents... these guys were good, clearing their tracks. We need to secure everything before embarking to find the little ones."   

Gracie doesn't fight being picked up and held, but she does resist the whole 'being rocked to sleep' thing. "Yeah, an' ovvew vewmins, /too/! Where dey take da ovvew Dibbuns?" She tells him all she saw once again, but it's admittedly not much. She and her blanket are dripping wet, so Benar's lap is probably soaked by the time they get to shore, short trip as it is.

Lily takes the gosling in her arms and starts to protest being sent back inside, but Emyuil exhibits great wisdom in steering her back to the Gatehouse, especially since he has to scoop her up, gosling and all, halfway there when another dizzy spell hits the Bellringer.   
Angela frowns. "Krisha, I need you to stay calm. Ye're in no position to do anythin' right now..." Terfil comes dashing out of the Gatehouse, arms waving frantically as he hollers and tells Angela that Butterclaw is throwing up! Muttering a curse, the old Healer hobbles back over that way. Birds don't handle anesthetics very well, and she's obviously very worried.

DoraRose has found things on the dead body! She pulls out some vials, some empty, but others filled or half-filled with liquid. She tucks these into her pockets, and adds the cotton balls and lint she finds. She also finds some papers. One is a list of all the important people in the Abbey, another is instructions to give the Badger Mother an extra dose. Standing, the Warrior stuffs the papers into her pocket, too.   
Somehow sensing the Abbot approaching, the Gatekeeper looks at him, fury blatant in her blue eyes. "I think we found a spy," she says, pointing to the prostrate hare and pulling out the papers. Handing them to the Abbot, she points in the direction the Champion and Caleb went. "Should I follow Matilda, or should we wait for them to come back?"   

Krisha frowns as she tries to stand "I..gotta find find Oz...gonna find him...and.."She is a bit more focus, for now"Wots...going on...."Till she is not as getting up was bad and she lets out a groan and passes out, luckly on soft grass...A pulse will prove she is alive but its gonna be a few more hours till she is awake fully.   

Benar stares at the papers Dora gives him then looks down at the dead hare. He leans agianst the stone doorframe and sighs, "What made you do it..." he whispers to the hare, "What could drive you to help them... kidnap children..."   

He rubs the bridge of his nose, "We should wait... I dislike this gate being broken, they could come back..." he shuffles the papers, "Me, you, Matilda... he has it all here, that Matilda and you spend Friday night in the Gatehouse playing cards and having dinner... that I have supper with Gorve, Lacota and Catlyn on Friday nights, that Xander was unlikely to go out to a dibbun camp out... he knew where all of us would be."   

He raises his eyes to look at Matilda, "This was meticulously planned, they must have been watching us for weeks." Benar is distracted as the cry goes up that Krisha has fainted again and he turns as if to go back but it is at this time that Matilda emerges from the woods.   
The champion had waited for Caleb's assessment in case she has missed anything then moves back to join DoraRose by the south gate. The hedgehog is grim as she walks up to Dora and the abbot then shakes her head, "They are gone, professional, cleared their tracks, it's going to be a devil to track them down."

The hedgehog hesitates then glances at Caleb then over at Dora, then steps inside and rights the fallen southgate and pulls it closed, giving herself some privacy with the young mouse warrior, the Abbot and Dora, "We cannot delay too long before starting the search, whe more time they have to get ahead of us the harder it will be."   

The abbot opens his mouth but she talks over him, voice low and serious, "No Benar, I know you mean well we cannot in good conscience terf the Abbey out into the woods searching for vermin tracks. Not with baby kidnappers on the loose, they already killed once."   

She straightens, "Iit is going to have to be a small team, we find their tracks, then if possible we come back for more people or we grab our friends from whichever village or encampment is nearest depending on which direction they are going and then strike them swiftly."   

She points, "That means I need you Dora, and you youngster, you seem to have your head screwed on and have experience, possibly Xander too. It never hurts to take a badger and from the sounds of it they have taken his son," she grimaces, "I'd leave him behind but he'd just follow," she took a deep breath, "We leave Emyuil and the other guards here under Benar's command to protect the abbey. It won't take word long to spread that the Champion has had to leave to chase vermin. Benar you send word to Blisa at Ferravale and the Skipper, you fill the abbey with warriors. With me away someone is bound to see an opportunity and try to attack the abbey. That is your priority, do not let Krisha try to follow us."   

Benar looks like he wants to argue, he wants to go with them but he has the whole Abbey to look after, "What do you need?"   

"Caleb's sword, Dora's Axe and some supplies, we three should circle around to the main gate then slip off and start searching. That gives Dora a chance to say goodbye to her family quietly then we strike out and find them. If we traispse around inside everyone will try to follow us. Once we know which direction they are going in we can call on our allies for help and chase them, but until we know where they are going they have the advantage and it could take several days just to find their tracks."   

Benar hesitates again then nods, "You're the champion Matilda, I will follow your guidance, Dora will you go? Young Caleb? I .. have no right to involve either of you in this but Redwall needs you now, the Champion has choosen you to be her companions and her hand is guided by Martin... if you will I'll meet you all at the main gates in about half an hour with everything you need."   

Gorvenalus peeks out and waits by the open gate to see what is found out, he goes to stand by Benar " How bad...is it?"   

Caleb would simply nod and look to them all as he listens to the plan. It has been a while since he's had to track others but this will be a good opportunity to gather up trust amongst the Abbey. He would have to tell Benar later... but he really was thinking of staying here and this just proves that the Abbey needs an extra hand around the area to help protect them... with a champion and a warrior gatekeeper by his side, he felt safer as well. He writes down some stuff and hands it off towards Benar and the others. "I will go with Matilda. If she believes I am of help then I see no issue. I've traveled for a long time and learned tracking along the way so I know I can help to at least find where they went. When you believe we should start, I can start with preparing."

DoraRose snorts. "Benar, don't insult me. Redwall is my home, even if I'm not a member of the Order. I'm going, and you have every right to ask me to, my friend." She pauses and reads Caleb's note, nodding. "We could use all the help we can get. I'll need to convince my brother to stay, but I think I can do it. LilyMoore would, I'm assuming, be Gatekeeper while I'm away. I'll be leaving my sword with her and taking one of the lesser-quality bastard swords from the armory. She can wield it well."   

She jerks a thumb in the general direction of Ferravale. "Blisa would be more than happy to help with defenses. Actually, most of the village will. Many of the vermin there don't like our treaty, but we all agree in how much we despise slavers. They'll help if only to spite those who stole the little ones."   

The Warrior turns to head back to the Main Gate. "I'll meet you there in half an hour, then. I'll take this time to speak with my family, unless there's something else?" She lets everyone else catch Gorvenalus up to speed.

Benar just hugs Dora tightly, "Lily will be a fine gatekeeper, though her handwriting needs work, I'll keep them all safe Dora," he nods to Caleb and Matilda and then draws the recorder back inside with him, "Bad, very bad, the dibbuns are gone and the vermin who took them have got clean away."

Benar says, "Matilda is going after them, she's taking Caleb and Dora. Can you go to the kitchens, fill three packs with supplies for them, then bring them to the gatehouse? Tell no one but Lacota what you need, I don't want half the abbey trying to follow them. Now I best go make an apperance and calm everyone down and Gorve... I am ordering you not to go with them."

He looks around and turns Gorve toward the far side of the pond, away from the crowd of Angela's healers gathering around the collapsed badger mother. He glances at the wall guards standing near the southern steps, "I want four of you on the south gate at all times," he shouts to them, "Foremole will be along shortly to fix it," he lowers his voice to Gorvenalus once the guards move off.   

"Matilda is going after them, she's taking Caleb and Dora. Can you go to the kitchens, fill three packs with supplies for them, then bring them to the gatehouse? Tell no one but Lacota what you need, I don't want half the abbey trying to follow them. Now I best go make an apperance and calm everyone down and Gorve... I am ordering you not to go with them."   

Matilda nods to Caleb and squeezes his shoulder then starts toward the road, "Thank you both..." she looks down at Caleb then at Dora, "Now my dreams make sense..." she turns and walks ahead, "I dreamt that I was on the road with Dora and a Mouse I did not know... when I saw you today Caleb, I knew you would be joining us."

Gorvenalus nods as he listens and frowns, " Alright I will do do, I hope they are found soon."   

Xander soon appears haveing heard what he needed to hear, he had helped get Krisha to the infirm, and now stands there , a growl...oh and he has his blade so thats where he also went "Four..."Angery badger, best not say No Benar"I am hunting down the vermin and RIPPING thier heads off!!!" He is FAR from happy, he looks to where the champion is and the others and snorts, he is not too calm right now.   

Caleb would take a moment to relax and smile towards Matilda. Her dreams... does she have dreams of that warrior he saw on the tapestry? Either way, to know that he was within someone's dream meant he really did have a purpose to being here. Thoughts of home rushed through Caleb's mind and he felt a bit burdened knowing he left it all behind... but this is a second chance. He would then look towards Dora and simply nod to her in understanding, letting her go for whatever she needed. However, before he leaves he would look around the gatehouse for his sword and take the bundled weapon. He also looks towards Benar and hands them something. It's a folded piece of paper, in shape like a letter. Caleb would only make a motion for him to read it once he's gone and wanders out to go get his things.   

Nissaya the albino otter Brother is in the group of Healers helping the Badger Mother. Angela comes out of the Gatehouse just as her granddaughter arrives. DoraRose guides her inside, and anybody passing near any of the windows for the next half an hour will hear the rise and fall of arguing voices.   

But eventually the Gatekeeper seems to win, and at the correct time she comes out, LilyMoore wobbling along behind. They go to the armoury, and once they reemerge Lily has her mother's sword strapped to her side, and Dora has her axe and a different bastard sword. They head to the gate and slip out, waiting for the rest of the party to join them   

Benar sees Xander with his sword as he is crossing the green, ok he is ready for this. It isn't time to go baul his eyes out in the rafters yet, that's tonight. "Xander..." he says striding up to the badger and not giving him a chance to talk, "There you are, now no arguing with me please, we don't have time."

He lowers his voice and points, "I am sure you do not want to leave Krisha right now but I need you to join Matilda, Caleb and DoraRose and go track the vermin down. Matilda is being guided by Martin in this, so I need you with her and to follow her orders."   
He looks up at the badger, "Matilda had a dream the other night, she spoke to me about it, we couldn't make much sense of it but now I know. She was on the road with a mouse she did not know, DoraRose, yourserlf. There are other figures but she could not make them out... now I fear the dream was a portent of this journey."   

Entirely ignoring Xander's sword and desire to go the Abbot keeps talking, "Please Xander, the Abbey needs you, Oz needs you, so please join them outfront of the main gate."   

Matilda meanwhile will skip across to the Champions cottage, giving Dora time with her brother and take Caleb with her. Opening a cupboard with a key from around her neck she starts pulling out pieces of armour, a set for a hedgehog and another set for a mouse. She eyes Caleb up and down and nods, "Good... I had a feeling I'd need these, so I had them prepared, can't have you travelling with us without some proper armour young one."

Once the Champion has outfitted Caleb and herself with armour she will take the mouse out of the maingate to join Dora and Lily just as the Abbot leads Xander outside. Matilda and Benar draw a few steps away to converse for a moment and he hands her a small bag. She peers inside and looks shocked but he closes her hand around it and nods then steps back to the others and whilst he waits for Gorvenalus to arrive with their supplies he speaks to them.   

"I can only thank you all, please journey well, stay safe and bring our little ones back, may Martin guide you all, Champions of Redwall one and all." he bows, tail blowing in the wind.   

Gorvenalus does soon come out with suppplies needed for the four travelers and nods as he lays them out and steps back.He is worried but tries to not show it"   

Xander does listen to Benar, he glaces back at the abbey and back to the Abbot "They took my son too...the vermin will ...die"He tries to calm some and manages it, he listens more as he nods he is going with the others to hunt down the vermin. He seems to debate on going inside to check on Krisha but if he does...he might end up staying so he just will head off with the others when they are ready to go."The beasts are slavers....they must be stoped, I also worry and have a bad feeling why they took my son, thats why they need tracked down and found. The other dibbuns need rescued as well."They just need to figure out the correct direction and once they do...those vermin are in very bad trouble.   

Caleb would soon come out towards the main gate where they were to meet up, seeing that Matilda needed of him. Heading towards the cottage, he was actually rather surprised to see the sudden things of armour. Caleb had never really worn armor before but to see it here and that it was meant for him... this really was a serious outing. He would let Matilda help him with the armour set and simply nod in thanks, shouldering his bag after having lightened the load. Once he was out with the others, Caleb would open up his bag to show the others what was inside while he gathered the supplies: There was an item that looked like it was meant to pry open doors and wood, a hand made grappling hook, fishing line, an extra set of clothes, some preserved meats, nuts and a waterskin to carry some water with him. He would add the other supplies to his bag and shoulder it, nodding to the others as he unwraps his blade. He runs a hand along the length before a small florish allows him to sheath it along his back, writing something.He runs a hand along the length before a small florish allows him to sheath it along his back, writing something for the others. "I have travelled for many seasons and I must repay Redwall for taking care of me in this time of need. Now it's time to return the favor. I am ready to leave when you all are."   

LilyMoore is near tears, but she just hugs her mother tightly, then waves to everyone. "Please be careful." DoraRose nods, then gives Benar a formal bow. "I will follow these slavers to the very gates of Dark Forest if that's what it takes to bring out Dibbuns back. I promise." She will then follow the Abbey Champion wherever they must go next...   

Standing at the outside the main gates with Lilymoore and Gorvenalus the Abbot puts an arm around Lily's shoulders and takes Govenalus' hand, "Go with our blessing and bring them home."   

Matilda nods, the sword of martin at her waist in its sheath and starts south, her intention to return to the clearing and start searching from there. With Xander, Dora & Caleb by her side they have a long journey ahead of them.   

Krisha has been chaecked a few times as she went in and out of her drugged sleep, she is finally awake enough to sit up, under careful watch of the healers on duty of course and sip a little water but she is very likely gonna be made to stay here a couple days.   

Benar walks in, he stops by the door and looks across at Krisha then dismisses the healer keeping an eye on Krisha and walks over to her bed. "Krisha," He sits on the edge of the bed, "I... we need to talk."   

Krisha frowns as she coughs a little, another sip of water before the healer walks off with a frown" About..what? Wot was going on by the pond...I didnt see the dibbuns or....or Oz and Oz was right beside me last night,I know he was and Xander said he didn't have him, who has him..."She coughs as she speaks too much,its clear she is worried even before she gets all the details.   

Benar takes her hand in his, he stares at the floor for a moment then squeezes her paw, "Krisha... they have been kidnapped, vermin have taken the dibbuns and... Oz..." he looks up, "Matilda, Xander, Dora and Caleb have gone after them."   

Krisha blinks at the news, then tears form "No....I....I failed in my job, what kind of Badger mother am I to let them...get taken"   

Benar says, "Krisha No," the abbot squeezes her paw, "You have not failed, you could not stop them, they planned this Krisha, there is no way you could have stopped them and if you had been awake, they would have killed you..." he takes a deep breath, might as well get this over with, "They killed Ginny too," he stares up at her, tears rolling down his cheeks.

Krisha frowns "Nooo"She sniffs, and closes her eyes speaking again" We....are gonna have to have faith the dibbuns are..found and come back..safe."   

Benar says, "Martin is with them," he says holding her hands, "I know this..." he stands up and squeezes her paw, "Matilda and the others will bring them all home to us..."

Krisha nods, "Yes..."She is still crying though, she is still worried, she ends up not saying anything else and sort of stares at the celling till she slips back to sleep

Benar leans in and kisses Krisha's forehead, "It is not your fault," the abbot then leaves the infirmary, ignoring everyone he climbs up to the third floor and into the attic. From there he clambers out into the great hall and up to the rafters of the hall. There, out of sight of everyone the Abbot finally breaks down and crys, in the one place no one will find him.

Last edited by Mother Krisha (2020-05-16 06:26:37 PM)

Board footer