Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-04-30 05:12:20 PM

oz

The Feast is On hold For now-Redwall Log

WHO:

Gorvenalus-Recorder of Redwall Abbey

Log-A-Log-Leader of the GOUSIM shrews

Xander- Leader of Mossflower Defenders and mate to Krisha

Benar-Abbot of Redwall

LOG:

Any getting ready for the feast was put on hold it seemed, some decorations put away for now and any guests welcomed to stay a few days as the abbey hoped for some good news in a few days time, hopefully sooner as the Abbot sighed and sat in his chair.

Gorvenalus walked over and nodes "Benar...doing ok?"

"News?" Benar asked quietly.

Log-A-Log had ventured into the room, mainly curious "All is being..okay? What is being wrong my good friends?"

Gorvenalus frowned "She has sliped a little deeper into her faint Benar...I..I don't know what to say, it's....the healers have done what they can for Mother Krisha and there is still hope she will wake up, but to be honest I don't know.Her fever needs to break and she....the childbirth too a lot more out of her than we thought. The cub is doing well but he does need his mother."

Xander is by the doorway, a soft sort of worried tone "Is Krisha...gonna die Brother Gorvenalus?"

Benar looked up to see Xander and sighs, he glaces at Gorvenalus and back to Xander not knowing what to say right now."Just....feast is on hold for now..."He stands and excuses himself as he heads to check on some things.

Gorvenalus frowns "I..don't know..."He nods to Log-A-Log "Our Badger Mother is ill after childbirth, and we...we don't know when she may wake or..maybe if"He has hope the badger will awaken though, but it is uncertain right now.

Log-A-Log frowns at the news.

Xander mutters an excuse me and rushes off elsewhere and disappears a good few hours.

==Few hours later==

Xander was up on the walltops staring out into the woodlands, in the pouring rain, and seemed to care less.The rain had been one of those annoying spring storms that come quickly, not that it mattered the feast was put on hold anyways.   

Gorvenalus braved the rain and stood beside him " staying the rain is not wise, for sure not on the wall top my friend"

Xander frowns, he finally speaks after what seems like forever.."I'm fine...it's raining big deal, don't care right now."

Gorvenalus sighs, but speaks " Inside with every beast else is likely best, what do you say?"

Xander gives it a moment and replies "I think...no" He just watches the trees and the road before finally speaking again."I...can't lose her Brother Gorvenalus..I can't. I don't know wot I would do."He sneezes once and sniffs, ok rain is bad at times but yet he still makes no move to go down yet.

Gorvenalus goes to take his paw and led him inside if he can, the closest place is Bell Tower." Have a little hope, also no sense in you getting ill from being soaked in rainwater. Maybe me and you can check on the cub."   

Xander snorts but lets the beaver lead him inside to the bell tower and frowns."Yeah...and he needs his mother as well, not just me."   

Gorvenalus seems glad he is out of the rain " I know that Xander. I can't say what will happen the healers are unsure, its a wait and see right now."

Xander frowns, but he nods slowly as he watches the rain ease now."You know..usually, I don't like storms, even....still afraid of really bad ones but I wasn't thinking on the storm at the moment, too worried bout Krisha. "   

Gorvenalus says, "your, not the only one worried but worry gets one no where..yet beasts still worry whether its something major or minor in life."

Xander says, "I..know its not good to worry but I just want good news, thats all"   

Gorvenalus says, "we shall have to see...oh look it stopped raining, let's get inside dry off and maybe sit in the Great Hall by the fireplace"

Xander follows slowly, but he is still not easeing on the worry.

Gorvenalus will make sure both can get a change of dry clothing, some hot soup and a chat by the fireplace.

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer