Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-04-29 06:47:53 PM

oz

Not Back On Duty...yet.- Lp LOG

Who:

Zolomon- Runner,Archer,Corporal in LP

Gregorian- Master Smith, Fighter,Lt. in the LP

LOG:

Gregorian had been juggling the forge and teaching lessons all day so far but he'd just dismissed his last class for the day and was packing up a few practice weapons the recruits had left lying around the place.   

Zolomon walks in, paws in pockets looking rather annoyed,he walks over and punches a practice dummy, least its a practice dummy and not a fellow hare.   

Gregorian pauses with an arm full of swords as he sees Zolomon arrive but looking angry. A mental sigh and he gestures to some dummies the recruits had knocked over and left "Pick those up would yah? Wot's wrong now?"   

Zolomon nods, a salute as he goes to pick them up and strighen them up. " His Lordship thinks I should wait a couple more days before back on duty. I don't have ta stay inside now but..." And he seems to dislike this too, " When I do go out, not alone please....tis like I am suddenly a child"   

Gregorian takes a deep breath and shakes his head as he returns the practice swords to their proper place "Yah takin' this too personally. I don't go out around the shore alone. It's full of vermin lookin' for an opportunity. We've lost too many hares like that ovah the years"   

Zolomon ear droops " Yeah, and even when not alone and its supposely a simple check on troubleing vermin...I know, just..." He just fixes another dummy and sita down on a bench." SOrry just...been a rough,past couple weeks."

Gregorian nods soberly "Mm, a simple patrol is sometimes anything but that" he glances back to Zolomon as he's working "I know. Yah not doin' too badly...I know it's hard tah let go of all the plans yah were probably already makin' for yah life with her. Sometimes that's the worst part, thinkin' wot yah goin' tah do now when they're gone...Yah'll bounce back. Give it some time and it'll just be a memory"   

Zolomon says, "so try and be normal huh...yeah right." He is quiet then speaks " Simple I stAy single, be a loner..not everyone has like,family and they are fine."

Gregorian grunts quietly "Just listen tah the wisom of yah eldahs who've done it all already. I'm not sayin' be normal, I'm just sayin' it gets bettah eventually. Yah haven't punched anyone and been drunk all week though, that's handlin' it bettah than some hares would"   

Zolomon says, "I..almost punched a monitor..last week or was it..." He shrugs, " Did almost quit, but didn't so....suppose thats good. The LP needs me as a runner and archer." He then realizes something and smirks " I am now de best archer de patrol,had now course ya blooming need me, and well..someone had a chance ta be better and threw it away"

Gregorian gestures at Zolomon "Alright, point...and in terms of punchin' beasts a monitor lizard is one of the worst ones yah could have chosen" he looks slightly amused as Zolomon realises he's lost some competition "Heh. I'm sure that won't be goin' tah yah head"    Apr 29,

Zolomon grins a small bit, its nothing close to a full grin but its one trying to form.He nods and again frowns " At de time...guess wanted to anger it...then Terrence came and so I stopped...monitor starts ta jump at me, instead he crashes a table with 6 rats who then blame one,another and then others fight.....ya get de idea...oh me and terrence got out safe"   

Gregorian chuckles quietly "Well yah might have tah spice up the endin' a bit before yah tell it tah beasts ovah drinks but really yah got lucky. I wouldn't be in a hurry tah go back and see if he remembahs yah"

Zolomon shrugs " I do remember wot he looks like but no worrie sur I have no plans ta go monitor,hunting at all. Monitors are....dangerouus"

Gregorian hehs as he finally gets all the practice weapons put away "Really? Yah don't think yah'll forget the giant lizard made of scales and anger? The worry's more that he'll remembah yah!...Or possibly that he'll mistake someone else for yah and take it out on them I suppose"

Zolomon says, "not many hares or to de taven, let alone Halyard really. And I dont have a death wish to hunt a monitor " He is maybe slowly, ever so slowly, being himself a little. " We do need more training on de beach though, and its starting to be warmer out"

Gregorian scratches his beard as he heads for the weights to make sure they're still in order "Well, it's still the only place we can go tah get away from the mountain for a while...But I'm glad tah hear no one's goin' huntin' monitors. If they're not doin' anythin' I'd rathah they keep tah themselves" he nods slowly to the mention of training on the beach "Well, the recruits should be relatively safe outside in numbahs so long as none of them try tah sneak off. We will have tah take them out again soon, get them their sand legs"   

Zolomon chuckles " Yeah...and maybe swiming lessons too, never know when may need that." He adjust a nearby dummy thats sideways. " nOt seen trouble but thats good...and Halyard seems not too bad...well in town"

Gregorian chuckles too "Swimmin' lessons are always good for a laugh. Yah always get a few who have no ideah wot they're doin' but I've nevah had anyone drown on my watch" he shakes his head "Halyards the kind of place where the vermin eithah get stopped or learn tah hide their dealings. There'll be things goin' on but if it was anythin' big I expect we'd know about it"   

Zolomon nods " True I think they stay in line cause of de patrol, I Been ta vermin towns..though Halyard is worse, but again close to de sea so maybe thats why. FerrAvale is a vermin village along a river"

Gregorian shakes his head "It used tah be bettah when we could patrol and keep hares around Halyard all the time but I am told othah port towns are worse...at least our presence means it's nevah been completely infested with slavahs"   

Zolomon says, "I have not heard of any slavers in Halyard...sides slavers be fools to be around here...his Lordship would get rid of em fairly quick like"

"Exactly! But in othah port towns yah get them runnin' around all ovah the place. Halyard's not the best place but it's definitely bettah for bein' close tah us" Greg says as he does a final look around and seems satisfied that the room is finally tidy "Right. I bettah get on and get back tah the forge anyway. No time tah rest, eh?" he heads for the armoury door as a short cut to the forge as he's talking.

Zolomon salutes and does some push ups and sit ups before he too heads off elsewhere.

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer