Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-04-21 04:27:04 PM

oz

Drunk Hare- LP LOG

WHO:

Zolomo - Archer, Runner and Corporal in LP

Ciocan- Badger Lord

Terrence- Fighter and Sargeant in LP

Some spoofed vermin including a monitor.

LOG:

= Infirm Salamandstron =

Zolomon was sitting up in the infirm and about to get out of bed.He had yet to change his outfit.

Ciocan walks over and sighs " We should chat, it's not good to have one of my hares like this."

Zolomon glaces over " Like wot... huh, maybe  tis your fault.  This group just seems...less and less and hares keave... or die....or what else."

Ciocan keeps calm " Zolomon  listen, I don't make  every hare decisions. Some just do wot ever and leave.I would love to see more recruits and privates and had hoped some would come back with Adrian and Monty  I have not heard from them and it's been a whole turn of the seasons and halfway threw another   it's very possble they wont be back. "

Zolomon snorts " So...give up...sure that's best"

Ciocan speaks " I didnt say that  I would never give up on any of my hares, I care about all of them."

Zolomon starts to go to the door. " YeH...right. You know all of us so well, you could of STOPED Zelly from leaving,  rot bout Tarsa....EWan...ohhhhh all those when I first joined...I should just leave"

Ciocan sighs, " The patrol needs you Zolomon..."

Zolomon frowns " No they do not.  Ya know wot..I'm outtakes here. I may not be back" He storms off to only he knows where.

===Later in Halyard Tavern==

Zolomon is in the taven and has been since this morning. Heck he left the infirm in the middle of the Badger Lord talking to him, likely not the best think to do but the hare was in a confushing mood, depressed and angry and just...well he wasnt sure and he started to regret some things hes said and then ran here and it was here he...was drinking a strong ale and clearly drunk as he looked about to slap a monitor, yep a monitor in the face.

He isn't the only hare ready to slap someone. Terrence had very quickly gotten word of the corporal going AWOL and did his best to depart quickly with one other hare, though between getting equipped and keeping at a relatively slow pace (compared to the runner), the pair had arrived far later than Terrence would like. Another twenty or so minutes passed as they checked the dock area just in case Zol would try sailing away. Now, the sergeant makes a beeline for the tavern as that seems to make the most sense (or at least that's were /Terrence/ would go if he were in Zolomon's place). Before entering he turns to the private following him. "Greenhill, do me a favor and stay out here. Just in case he bolts o'h some nonsense..." That sorted, he enters the tavern and scans the room - quickly spotting the corporal among the tavern regulars including the monitor! "Oi, /ZOLOMON!/" He barks out, hopping to stop the impending train wreck.

Zolomon at least had his weapons this time as he stares at the monotor " I could so kick your....huh" And he hears Terrence and the monitor slams his tail into the hare swnding him into a table, so much for the rats card game. HE groans as he looks at the lizard who looka ready to grab the hare now.   

The rats also seem put off by both the hare in the middle of their card game /and/ the monitor who put him there. Terrence lets out a long sigh as the brawl starts. Two of the rats draw at their knifes and go for the big lizard, while the remaining one kicks Zolomon. "Could've won fifty silver from that game!" The next words are punctuated by ill-aimed kicks, "You," Kick, "Stupid," Kick, "/Rabbit!/" Shoving past spectators and beasts fleeing the scene, Terrence manages to get the wreckage, not yet drawing his sword but raising his fists to threaten the rat. "Zolomon, do you'h best to get up." The sergeant hisses as the rat, not as foolhardy as his companions (who are more than likely getting bodied by the monitor currently), takes a gulp of air and backs away into the crowd.

Zolomon slowly rises to his footpaws and frowns at the now large fight and backs up.Till the rat kicks him in the side and he falls again. Meanwhile the monitor kills one rat and looks at the hares "Your both..lunch!"...One weAsel is smart or dumb " uMm if ya at the hares a badger will come after ya...." THe monitor rolls his eyes.Now ZOlomon is drunk yes but he knows its ok to run when the monitor is distracted and get to the door. HE is triped by someone and looks around for Terrence as he cant leave the SArg in this mess.   

"I'll eat /you/ fo'h lunch, lizard." Terrence isn't known for his one-liners, though he does his best to sell it as he bares his teeth and draws his saber as he slowly starts backing towards the door. At the same time the remaining rat leaps at the monitor with a screech in an attempted to avenge his dead comrade.   

Zolomon frowns as, well he started a fun old fashion everyone beats up the beast next to him till almost all a tavern is....fighting. HE is then beside Terrence and makes it to the door "we....should how else where...sur" His spech a little slurreed, he is drunk so, yet somehow somewhat alert to danger.

"I get that." Terrence spares a glance at Zolomon, as he continues to back up with his saber point always directed towards the monitor. "Hopefully they're distracted enough to let us go." Behind the sergeant and corporal the hare who'd tagged along barges in, holding her spear at the ready. "Sah!" Greenhill says with her eyes on the brawl - she seems rather relieved that neither Terrence or Zolomon are an active participant of the fight.

Zolomon nods, he has a paw on a saber as the tavern is...well busy beating each other up to watch the hares get to the road, once outside the corpral groans and finds a barrl to barf in and coughs, a little unsteady on the footpaws.   

Terrence watches the corporal spill his guts, making no move to help him. "Well then," He begins, putting away his sword, "You're clearly knackered. Are you in a fit state to walk, Zolomon?" The sounds of the brawl continue to drift outside. Seems the rat is losing.   

Zolomon looks over and sits by a wall " Walk where...sur?" Its a surprise he is saying sur right now as he stays sat down.   

"Anywhere, Zolomon." Terrence moves closer to the wall himself but refrains from sitting. "If that monitah survives the brawl he'll no doubt come fo'h you. Can't stay here." Greenhill, meanwhile, is standing nearby, keeping an eye on the fight.   

Zolomon looks at the tavern as a rat is throw out, he sighs." SO....I did say may or may not come back...like be missed by many. " HE stands up and starts to walk off "I..quit..." Does he truely mean it deep down?Its not clear.

"Zolomon." Terrence goes to grab his arm, "You will /not/ be able to return if you leave now. Not as a hare of the Long Patrol, that is." The sergeant steps back, taking in a deep breath. "You're clearly not thinking straight - drunk and all that - so I'm asking you to come back with me until you'h head cleahs. Then you can leave aftah that, though I wouldn't if I were you."   

Zolomon starts to pull away and then stands there " Go...back...why?" He is a little uneasy on the footpaws as he looks at the barrel " He says I,should...ummm.."

Observing Zolomon for a moment, Terrence doesn't immediately answer the question as he mulls it over. Finally, he says, "You ask why, Zolomon? Well, you'd be breaking trust with nearly every beast you've spent the past seasons with. You don't come across to me as an oath-breakah, no mattah what else you've done." The sergeant leans against the wall. "Beyond that I have no idea. You joined up because of /some/ reason, and if that doesn't mattah to you then, well," He sighs. "At the very least think about the consequences of you'h actions. And not just what will happen to you but how it will effect the rest of us. You'h problem, Zolomon, is that you don't seem to think things through."

Zolomon groans and starts to walk off again, then turns around and makes a fist as if he will knock out Terrence.He then drops to his knees and just starts sobbing " Not fair...not fair...its not!" He sniffs as tears fllood now and he shivers some " SHould of...let me ..I dont...know...."

Terrence raises both his fists in a defensive stance, though once Zolomon drops to the ground he relaxes. "Yes, it's not faih. Not at all - Zledove should've told you." Kneeling down in front of the sobbing hare the sergeant tries to meet his eyes. "But that can't change the fact she left without a word. There's nothing you o'h I o'h the badgeh lord can do about that."   

Zolomon doesn't look at him right away " He could of ordred she...stay....I never find out till too late, same with Tarsa just a somple patrol...yeah she died and I find out in morning and it happen at night and I could of went on that patrol too..and and...other friends..died...like Ewan and..couple others and..sometimes I wonder why I am Corporal even...I feel worthless S..SUr...and then I almost get us eaten by a monitor. " He starts to sob more, and movement out of the cornerof his eye....oh mr. monitor is out of the tavern but hsd yet to see the hares.

Greenhill sees the monitor and tenses. "Sah," she says as a warning, and Terrence glances back. He remains kneeling, however. "Zolomon, he didn't ordah he'h to stay. Maybe he didn't think about it o'h even have a chance to. Plus, Zeldove did /not/ listen to ordahs, so I doubt even if the badgeh did say anything to he'h that she'd obey." He doesn't address the rest of what Zolomon said as he doesn't see /how/ he could. "Now, get up and let's leave. I don't like it here."   

Zolomon nods as he sees the monitor and gulps. He is in no shape to fight"Ok..back to..the Mt. is good, now is wise."   

"Alright then." Terrence stands, nodding to the opposite direction the monitor is. "Shall we go then? It should be safe that way. Greenhill, you take the reah and I'll take point. Zolomon, please stay between us as you look horrible."   

Zolomon nods he has to admit that he does look bad, same clothing past couple days, a little more rest than before but still a little off

They both make it back safe but the monitor is still out there.

Last edited by oz (2020-04-21 04:32:23 PM)

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer