Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-02-15 06:33:35 PM

oz

So Much Discussion In One Night-Ferravale Roleplay

WHO:

Patch- Ale Maker,Taver Worker, Spy

Bandit- Resident of Ferravale,Fat Fox

Blisa- Chieftain of Ferravale

Dimas- Guard in Ferravale

Atticus-Visting Ferret to the Tavern

Texo- Architect of Ferravale

LOG:

Blisa is sitting in a booth with her bodyguards, 2 piles of paper in front of her. She dips her quill in the inkpot, signs her name to a paper, and moves it from 1 pile to the other. She sighs heavily and continues with her reading, signing, reading. There are a stack of empty plates at the end of the table, and the Chieftain, Ferdinand, and Clarissa each have a mug of mint tea in front of them. The ferret has taken charge of the teapot.

Dimas strolls on in, still in uniform as he'd just finished a shift. He heads straight for the bar to grab a drink before looking around the room. Blisa he spots quickly and gives a very casual nod to "Afternoon yer chieftaininess" having apparently no fear of talking to leadership.

The door way opens once again and a shadow falls upon the room. Standing at the door is a very large brown fox, Wearing a simple green vest left, open to let his enormous stomach hang out. The beasts hide is scarred in places, and he is missing part of his ear.   
Taking off his straw hat, the fat vulpine pauses to take in the sights of the tavern. The new tables, the updated furnishings. The lack of vermin strewn about the tables with a knife in their back. "Things really have changed..."   

He takes a step inside, eyes finally locking on the picture of Marek on the far wall. He tilts his head to one side and begins to laugh, "Looks like I won beast. I lived the longest."   

Blisa doesn't glance up at the guard. "Good day, Dimas." Ferdinand gives the marten a friendly nod, but Clarissa is too busy oiling her bullwhip to acknowledge him. The Chief only looks up when the fox speaks, and she follows his gaze to Marek's portrait. "Aye. He helped kill his brother, who was trying to conquer Mossflower. I would recommend you don't mention him if you speak to DoraRose's daughter." She returns to her paperwork. She doesn't seem surprised to see him.   

Dimas grabs his drink from the bar and eyes the overweight fox when he comes in and starts laughing at pictures. Odd. Dimas steps away from the bar and towards the beast "Oh, y'ad a bet on or somethin'?"   

The door to the tavern swings open, making a land banging noise that announces the arrival of one of the most ragged looking ferrets anyone's ever seen. While his clothing is mostly intact, the creature himself seems... unhinged. His general unkemptness adds to that impression - the fur unwashed and sticking up at odd angles, the way his steps wobble...Even the bags under his eyes are quite noticeable as he scans the bar from the doorway before he takes a tentative step forward - and above all, there's a wary look in his eyes that tells a long tale of horrors. "'Ello, there..." Atticus mutters, stumbling to the bar and not really seeing anyone.   

"Hardly." The fox makes a hearty laugh. "It's a story far too terribly long to recount. It doesn't bode well to speak ill of the dead, but perfectly ok to be happy not to join them." The fox then regards the chieftess and her guards. "No worries there ma'am. And might I say that it's a good thing to see you agai-" And then his eyes drift towards the ferret stumbling in under the weight of his horrors. "I guess we still get weird beasts here. Glad to see somethings never change..."

Blisa finally looks up at the fat fox. "It is good to see you, Bandit. I trust you're doing well?" Ferdinand and Clarissa watch the newcomer ferret closely, the rat being way more alert than her whip-oiling would suggest. The Chieftain waves slightly at the guard. "Oh, Bandit is fine. We go way back. That one, though...." she gestures at Atticus, suggesting the marten watch him carefully.   

Dimas shrugs at Bandit, now that Blisa says he's fine the marten apparently doesn't care to find out more "Righ, joy t'life n'stuff" time to scope out weird guy number two! He heads back towards the bar, following after Atticus "Y'alright mate? Y'look lost in the 'ead"   

"Do I indeed?" With a laugh the ferret sits at the bar and nearly falls over. "You would be lost too, mate, if, well..." He coughs. "I need a very, very stiff drink. Right now." Atticus looks around the bar the weary look still in his eyes. Yet they're clearly attentive now compared to earlier. "I've been 'ere before, I swear, but the walls were a different color. Weren't they?"   

"Oh, I couldn't be better. Retirement suits me just fine! No one has tried to stab me, or eat me, in over a season! The only thing trying to kill me these days is my diet!" The fox laughs as he finds a seat, struggling against stiff joints and a lack of breath. No longer required to handle potentially crazy beasts, he lets the guards deal with the poor looking ferret at the bar. "How about you? I see that the village hasn't burned down in my absence. At least... most of it didn't..."   

Patch enters the tavern carrying a box of, well it's something but unclear what and he takes it to the back storage area before returning

Blisa snorts. "No, but some few beasts fell into some abandoned tunnels underneath the mill, so that's been /exciting/." Clarissa has gone back to caring for her whip, although her ears are tilted towards the raggedy ferret. The Chieftain signals the bar workers to not give that ferret alcohol -- she doesn't trust him with that. Ferdinand watches Patch. "Patch, what do you have there?"   

Dimas raises an eyebrow at Atticus and nods along to the different colored walls bit, clearly looking like he thinks the ferret is crazy "Sure they were. Bet they were made out f'pie too..." he suddenly frowns and mutters irritably "Might explain the fox tha'"   

"No, I swear it. And the roofing tiles outside were different too." Atticus looks frantically about him, starting to believe he /is/ crazy. "Right? Did something 'appen to this place? Shouldn't the bar be a different wood even?" The ferret falls forward, resting his head in his arms. "Seriously, mates, I need a drink. /Now/, for the love of all goodness."   

The bar tender gives the panicked ferret a tall glass... of luke warm milk.   

"Sounds about right. Never a truly dull moment in Ferrivale. Always something going on." Bandit laughs, "Assassination plots, kidnappings, murdering the head guard, eagle strikes." His tone becomes serious, "It's why I'm staying only as long as my assistants finish unloading goods from my wagon and I'm out of here. But hey, it's good to see you again. Yer father would be proud how well you are running the place."   

With yet another struggle, Bandit rises from his seat. He half waves, half salutes the chieftess and her guards. "Until next time." As he lumbers his way to the door, he stops near the ferret to look him up and down. With a wry smile he says, "Nope. Place has looked like this since the dawn of time. You need to get your eyes checked mate." And walks out the door.   

Patch looks up at the chieftain "Stuff...does it matter. I get most of the stuff 'ere...I do most of de work lately. I even got a couple more helpers...me, thats right...me." He snorts and pours himself some strong ale and takes a couple sips.   

The fat fox has no idea how much his comment about Scioto means to Blisa. She blushes, vaguely teary-eyed and flustered. "Thank you, Bandit. Have a good day." She stands and makes her way over to the distraught ferret, Ferdinand and Clarissa following her closely. "You're right, sir, is is pretty different than it was. We recently had to rebuild it after an invasion."   

Dimas knows the tavern was rebuilt and yet what he says to the ferret is "I don't know wha' yer talkin' about mate, it's always been like this" the fox leaves but Dimas doesn't bother to look. He does look back at Blisa when she gives the game away though and he barely even pretends to be surprised by the news that the tavern was rebuilt "Huh. Really. Looks the same t'me"

Making a very rude gesture to the departing fox Atticus turns back towards Dimas. "Uh huh. Maybe so. It's been a while since I was here..." Seeing no drink was forthright, the ferret stands. "Oh well. Guess I'll 'ave to go find it somewhere else. Maybe that round fox 'as some..." Muttering those words, he makes his way surprisingly quickly out of the bar.   

Blisa watches Atticus leave, then rounds on the marten. After a moment of hard staring, she sighs, seeming to remember that she's in charge of a /vermin/ village. Turning, she trudges back to her seat and plops back down, looking very tired and frustrated at the paperwork she has left. Her bodyguards follow her silently, as always, returning to their tea.   

Dimas snorts as the ferret leaves too before he finally looks back at Blisa and returns the stare for a minute. The sigh just makes him wander over "Wha's ailin' yer then yer chieftainines? Some beast need punchin'? Cause I'm good at tha'" he gives her a grin.

Blisa glances up at the guard. "No....nobeast, yet. 'Tis naught but paperwork, piling up and up, 'specially since the episode with the tunnels." Ferdinand pours them more tea, and Clarissa finally coils up her whip and clips it back onto its loop on her belt.   

Patch comesback as he was in the back with his 2-3 boxes and now he is done and so sits down"Boxes be heavy"

Dimas looks down at the papers but they may as well be in code for all he knows "I ain't ever 'ad a boss tha' did paperwork before. Wha's the point f'it?" he glances around as Patch appears again "Heh, if only y'ad 'elp t'carry 'em"   

Texo steps inside and about drops one of his many scrolls and a map, he adjust them and makes his way to a table where he lays them down.He looks around "Oh..busy right now, oh my"   

Blisa sighs more heavily. "They're shipping reports, census reports, reports from the Head Guard about who came and left, that sort of thing." She waves Texo to join her table, then stands, fixing Patch with her steely green gaze. "What's in those boxes, Patch?" She says in a friendly manner, but those who know her well know that she's hiding danger.   

Patch looks at Dimas first "Yeah well he can kiss my...." He stops and smiles at Blisa "Chiefie....its just some Fire and Ice ale, good stuff....and some other ale is all, trust me"He knows to tell the truth, "And...wine, a peach and rose wine...its different"   

Dimas hehs at Patch with a little grin before he stares back at Blisa's papers again for a while before he shrugs at the cat "Seems a lot f'information abou' nothin' important" and then he glances at Texo, his head tilting slightly at the map.   

Texo frowns at Patch and nods to Blisa "I have some..blueprints...and ideas for the mill and thinking moles to help with..some of it, make it safe cause of that cavern and ..tunnels"   

Blisa narrows her eyes at Patch. "Mmm....trust you? I don't think so. But I will give you the benefit of the doubt...this time." She turns to the architect and smiles. "Oh, wonderful. Shall we take a look?" She stoppers her ink and shoves all of her stuff to one side, making room for the blueprints. "It may seem pointless to you, Dimas," she adds with false sweetness, "but it is necessary for the well-being of the village. Helps us arrest slavers before they can do any harm, for example." Which happened today.   

Patch just nods as he sits there quiet like and yawns, as if this is boring "I have ideas too...for the tavern"   

Dimas snorts at the idea "Y'don't need paperwork t'find beasts t'arrest" he then gestures his drink at Texo "An' y'don't need moles fer anythin'. Y'ask me this place 'as got too reliant on tha' Redwall place. Plenty of beasts 'ere could build somethin', ain't no sense in gettin' outsiders t'do things instead of payin' our own"   

Texo shows her a blueprint of the idea for the new mill "And the wheel is still good condition, not sure on moving it..maybe if careful but thar is the issue with the cavern...fill it in somewhat, then again its sort of filled in with bits of,,,,old building...maybe keep a small bit of the cavern,stabilize tunnels"He looks at Patch "The....tavern is...you should talk to Xander"And back to Blisa, she is chief after all" I find old maps of this mine system, course a couple..this one and this one are collapsed, one when Quade was around..."He listens "Moles are good for underground stuff, and they be mainly underground and not sure we do much with Redwall..do we?" He is curious but shrugs "Anyways...this is prints for a new mill, and maybe a storage building too."

Blisa is actually pretty good at reading blueprints -- she basically just treats them like a map. Nodding, she listens to the architect. "Sounds good, Texo. I approve. Keep 2 of the tunnels that lead out open, but close up all the rest." Giving the marten a stern look, she quietly asks, "Are you quetsioning the decisions of your Chieftain, Dimas?" After a pause, she glances at Patch, raising an eyebrow. "Oh? Ideas, hm? And what would those be?"   

Patch hmmphs "Should be my tavern"He mutters to himself and clears his throat "More fights in the fighting pit fer one Chief...a toroment maybe, contest even...be good for bussiness"   

"Rats can do underground stuff, I seen 'em diggin' tunnels before" Dimas replies to Texo before his ear flicks at Blisa's question but he doesn't look, he just gestures his drink towards Texo "I was questionin' 'is idea, I ain't said nothin' abou' any leadership" he's pretty quick to look to Patch instead at the mention of the fighting pit "Ah, I'd like me chances in tha', sounds fun"

Texo nods to the tunnel idea and shrugs at the mention of rats "But the tunnels also have to..be steady and no danger of caveing in on a beast, that...that would be bad"   

Blisa purses her lips. "'Twas with my approval that he is considering having moles help us. Redwall is our ally, having saved our hides countless times in the past. We shall have moles help to ensure the safety of the tunnels. Now, about the fighting pit," she turns to the tavern worker. "This /is/ a vermin village. We can have fights, as long as Xander is here to make sure the rules are followed. No weapons allowed, fight to first blood and no futher. Or have no fights at all. Anyone who breaks the rules can talk to the walls of a cell...or perhaps the executioner of my choice." She smiles. Patch should know that her favourite executioner is her pet snake. "Sound fair?"   

Patch hmmphs softly "Yeah..good luck getting Stripy here, he is like NEVER here and he threaten to fire me, he's a jerk. He shouldn't even have a tavern..stupid stripdog"   

Dimas frowns and his jaw tenses but he's not frowning at the cat, he's definitely frowning at the wall. The frown deepens at the mention of the badger but he says nothing, just drinks his drink.   

Texo frowns and moves a little out of the way, just in case something happens, he rather not be knocked over as he frowns more and just rolls up bluepints and maps quietly and places them neatly in a bag he has.   

Blisa's ears twitch, but her jade-colored gaze stays locked on Patch's face. "Oh, /really/? Did he now? And what, pray, would make him consider firing you, Patch? Your impertinence, perhaps?" Ferdinand stands and stretches lieuserly, but anyone who knows anything about being a guard will see that he's ready to intervene at any moment. Clarissa draws one of her knives and starts polishing it seemingly idly, but she's more than ready to throw it, if necessary.   

Patch speaks calm and clear "No clue.....still say I should be the owner, not him...he is hardly here" He gets an ale and starts drinking it"He was all grumpy too"

Dimas' eyes narrow a little and he looks to Patch, listening and thinking but he still doesn't say anything. He's not in the habit of helping anyone else get out of trouble.

Texo quietly gathered his stuff "I will be in my office...good eve"He slips off quietly, he is not staying here as it seems he dislikes possible fights.   

Blisa lets the architect go. She can find him later. "Oh, /really/? You think you would be a better tavern owner than Xander, hm? The fact that Marek didn't think so means nothing, I take it?" Her voice has a definite dangerous edge to it, and her claws have extended slightly.   
Patch nods "I would..I do alot..order things, open and lock up..whats does he do...stays at de abbey."He forgot why and tries to remember.   
Dimas can see this is going badly and he retreats back to the bar to get a drink. Pretending he'd lost interest when really he was listening closely and just wanted to get to a safe distance and see what happened.   

Blisa is starting to get all poufy. She was already in a bad mood, and now this! She has had it /uptohere/ with the rat! "He's in Redwall so much because his mate is PREGNANT. She needs him there! He leaves the tavern in your paws hoping you won't ruin everything and, I don't know, burn the tavern down again or something!" Her tail is lashing back and forth in anger. Her bodyguards are so far just watching, waiting to see what happens next. "Mayhap if you weren't so /full/ of yourself, you would be more considerate of that situation!"   

Patch shakes his head"He could..I don't know bring her here maybe...tis not hard ta do and why would I burn de tavern down this tavern is important to me"   

"HIS MATE IS THE BADGER MOTHER OF REDWALL!!!" Blisa poufs up completely, paws curled into fists, ears flat against her skull. "And you would burn the tavern down because you're a no good, idiotic, mamby-pamby stupidhead with no sense of right and wrong who should've been FED TO MY SNAKE SEASONS AGO!!!"   

Patch glares at the cat and looks ready to punch her but he knows better, he lays a paw at his dagger and snorts, he starts to storm off, he looks at her "Yeah..what ever he could come help ya...call me"He growls and throws the dagger at door, what the door can be fixed, he will just rip it out and leave afterwards.

Xander would pick the worse time to enter the tavern, he picks now of all times in the middle of a yelling match between the cat and the rat and guess what the dagger doesn't sink into the door like Patch planed, that would of been better, nope..it sinks into Xander's lower arm as he growls and and looks around to see what the heck just happen.Well could of hit in a worse place after all.   

Blisa draws her dirk as Patch draws his weapon. "GET BACK HERE. Don't you dare walk away from me!" Then who should come in but the badger himself! The Chietfain smiles wickedly, gesturing at the rat. "Xander! Glad you're here. Your employee has a bit of a....big head." Understatement of the hour.   

Patch turns and his mouth drops when he sees just where the dagger hit and just stares, then hmmphs and goes to head to his office.   
Xander just holds his arm and locks eyes with Patch and ignores Blisa to go and try and grab the rat by the back of the collar   

Blisa sheathes her dirk and crosses her arms, watching as her fur starts to smooth back down. Ferdinand and Clarissa watch, too, with the expressions of those who are witnessing an execution. The Chieftain stalks forward, smiling grimly. "Where y'going, Patch? We're not done talking."   

Patch manages to go sideways and get to the steps, he looks at Xander "You..."He shakes his head and snorts, no he is mad at the badger " What ever....we can talk later."   

Xander stumbles a little and sits down, that dagger is still in his upper arm and he is bleeding, he lets out a soft growl and looks over at Blisa as he holds his injured arm.   

Blisa darts forward and tries to grab Patch's armwith both paws, claws fully extended so they can sink into his flesh. "PATCH. I'M WARNING YOU. GET BACK IN THERE." She has that crazy light in her eyes that she gets when she's mad. Ferdinand goes to check on the badger's arm. "Claritha, go get Valerie." The ratmaid nods and hops out a window. Ferdinand draws his sabre, walking over to Patch. "I thuggetht you lithten," he says grimly.   

Patch gasps in pain, those claws do sink in and he decides to listen.He nods slowly"O..ok"He finally gets a REAL GOOD look at Blisa's face and gulps, he looks over at Xander and back to the Chieftain, ok so many thoughts, that dagger could of hit the badgers neck or chest, it hit his arm as it was...ok so less trouble, right?   

Xander frowns, its likely a bad idea to just pull the dagger out, though he does start to, someone should stop him till a healer can do that and not..well have him bleed even more.   

Blisa tugs at the rat, going to lead him to where the badger is sitting. "SIT." She directs him to a chair and releases him. Ferdinand, following, notices what the badger is doing and goes to stop him with his free paw. "Oh, no," the ferret cringes. "Don't, jutht.....wait until Valerie getth here, the'll take care of that for you."   

Patch allows himself to be sat down and looks at the floor.He is not gonna say anything just yet and just stare at the floor.   

Xander moves his paw away and nods.It hurts and that is clear.He glares at Patch but has lucky calmed down a good deal from what he was moments ago.   

The tavern door slams open to allow Clarissa to lead Valerie the vixen healer in. The fox immediately heads over to the badger, pulling supplies out of her bag. She goes to remove the dagger, numb the wound, stitch it closed, herb it, and bandage it up. As she does that, Blisa glares at Patch. "Well? What do you have to say for yourself, Patch? You had quite a lot of words earlier, saying /you/ should own the tavern, that Xander should make Krisha come here to Ferravale, even though she's /pregnant/. Said you do /everything/, and that Marek chose wrongly when he made Xander owner rather than /you/. What do you have to say /now/?"   

Patch speaks "I do ...do everything, thats de truth and what wrong with her coming 'ere fer...she can walk right?" He looks at Xander and glares a bit,"I..hate you" Does he? Its not clear if this is just his mood right now or maybe he does hate him."You hardly do anything here....ok maybe cook, clean sometimes and serve drinks...that ya don't even know how ta freaking make"

Xander just stays still, tenses in pain a couple times and finally speaks when the wound is being bandaged "You threw a dagger at me...why?" He is in more pain than being grumpy, but yes he is grumpy too "I have had a bad..week...beasts at the abbey hate me ok and Krisha can't go too far..her pregnancy is....its .."He sighs, he can't explain it "Last time she was with dibbun...she lost the baby before it was even born"   

Blisa just listens, eyes going back and forth as she looks between them. Her green eyes widen at Xander's statement, and she glares murderously at Patch. "You idiot." As if he should've figured it out. "Why do you have to be so contrary?" Valerie's lips are pursed. "Wait, why do the Redwallers hate you?"   

Patch speaks "Can I get up now...beasts are stareing"And they are, course some don't care and just seem to not even care what is going on.   

Xander sighs "I was...idoitic and brought...wood pidgion into the abbey and didn't tell someone wot it was and....I dont plan to do it again, maybe I will never even eat it again, and no I never ate it in the village just the woods..."He frowns and the abbey firepit it seems as he sighs and has tears now.   

Blisa smiles wickedly. "Oh, yes, Patch, you may. Right to a cell, where you can spend the night thinking about how...unwise it is to snark off at the Chieftain of Ferravale." The cat signals Ferdinand, who steps outside to get a city guard, who comes in to arrest Patch and take him to a cell. Blisa looks at the badger. "Xander....we will both forget that you told me about the woodpigeon. Just make sure to never mention it in my hearing again." She gathers up her papers, quill, and ink, and turns to leave. The bodyguards follow, but not before Valerie goes to give him a friendly squeeze of sympathy on the shoulder.   

Patch lets the guard take him away, Not much he can really do so he will spend the night in a cell.   

Xander frowns, he just nods and sighs.He stands and declares he is locking up an hour early, he gets some boos and some could care less, one weasel is out cold drunk so he has a guard take the weasel away.Once the tavern is clear of beasts he locks up and goes to sleep in his office.   

Patch meanwhile sleeps in a cell till morning, he will be a little late to the tavern but he doesn't care at the moment.

Last edited by oz (2020-02-15 08:48:46 PM)

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer