Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-02-09 04:57:57 PM

oz

A Report and The Infirm's Food...is gross-LP LOG

WHO:

Ciocan-Badger Lord

Zeldove- Private, Archer,Fighter in the Long Patrol Home Guard

A healer hare-Spoofed

LOG:

Zeldove had keep herself busy with chores. even oddly doing some extra, even one other hare's chores when the hare caught a cold, today's main chore was take something down to the infirm, dinner which seemed to be plain and simple thanks to those healers, then wasn't that the case in most infirm.   

Ciocan had not left the infirm since yesterday afternoon, his fever had gone down and it seemed it had likely been made worse working in the forge before he came down here.He looks over at Zeldove when he sees her enter "Private...come over 'ere a moment if you would, please" He sounded slightly tried but managed to get some sleep in here.   

Zeldove frowns but slowly walked over,sets a plate down and salutes "Sur...."She stays where she is, at attention as this is the badger Lord after all, many thoughts go through her head like, is she in trouble.

Ciocan speaks softly "At ease.." He gets the soup and makes a face after tasting it,"Remind me to have them send something better down here." A healer speaks up "That is good, soup and simple roll for beasts in here."The badger arches an eyebrow.He nods to Zeldove"Whats your thoughts?" He coughs a little and waits on a reply."Also wanted to discuss what happen in the caverns"   

Zeldove blinks, try the...soup"Ok..."She does try it and frowns, a glace at the healer"If its so good why don't you try it? Beasts are supposed ta get better in here, not worse" Yes that soup is the worse.She frowns about the caverns "I...I'm sorry, i didn't mean to cause any..issues, I just didn't want him to escape outside"   

The healer makes a face"No thanks..."And just proves if the healers wont even eat the soup, that says something.   

Ciocan glaces at the healer and speaks first to them"Lets change what is brought down here."He then nods to Zeldove "No Private, you did nothing wrong, from the reports it was a Captain Addersmith that was tricked into opening the door and getting ...locked inside, it was Helem that was taken as a temporary hostage, you were simply asked to led him out...and you did not, that was wise..though could of also turned out badly, you took a risk but sometimes a risk can be better than following the directions of a vermin, he would of likely ended up anywhere"   

Zeldove sits down as he speaks, "I..was afraid and..did my best to remain calm sur, I was actually hoping to run into...someone in the catacombs but got all turned around, the stoat figured it out and chased me..I heard voices so kept him talking and ..distracted, I know it could of ended badly for me.Then Captain Lucia was fighting him and he had a hidden dagger and...he was going to kill her, she couldn't of blocked it and I had a spear and..and just...stabed the stoat"   

Ciocan nods "I heard most of the details in a report..you acted bravely and keep a level head, even Major Varus seemed impressed and he is hard to impress"   

Zeldove smiles a little, she is more relaxed as well."I....did my best sur. I just wanted to keep him from getting to maybe a dibbun or even..well anyone who maybe wasn't ready to fight, its not like many would know wot ta do if a vermin got inside or a captive got loose"   

Ciocan leans back to rest and nods"True...you did well and acted just like a home guard should..keeping calm in a dangerous event, also distracting an enemy when you know help may be on its way, you also saved the life of a Captain of the Long Patrol and likely the life of a recruit as well."   

Zeldove smiles more now."I am just...glad the stoat is gone now.I have learned even if question he likely wouldn't of shared much"

Ciocan hmms"Likely not...."He smiles at her"I might have a mission for you Private...I know there was a 3 berry pie made for dinner, do get me a slice, and yourself one as well." He frowns as one of the healers brings over that foul smelling drink to help get better from this cough and cold.He will drink it , doesn't mean he likes the flavor.   

Zeldove tilts her head "Pie?" She stands and heads on out, she is back shortly after wards with said pie piece, and one for herself as she offers the one piece to the badger."Sur...."   

Ciocan gets the pie piece and smiles his thanks as he will sit up and enjoy it, and its not like the healer on duty will say much, sigh a little but not say much."The soup is good". The healer frowns, a sniff...ok maybe a change of menu down here would be a good idea.

Zeldove takes a bite of her pie piece and smiles, a frown at the soup "Its not good...it needs like salt or pepper, some like flavor...and some like, there is other things that are simple to eat and could even help one feel better...mixed fruit, bread still ok....veggie soup? Not broth....least all the time, and maybe juice or normal tea not just water in here"

Ciocan chuckles "i like your ideas Private, a little change can be good...broth is ok when needed but yes a few other things as well, still good but also not just the same as the main meal others have"   

Zeldove smiles, she finishes her pie and stands, offering to take the badger's plate "I should get back, have kitchen duty tonight"   

Ciocan hands over his plate, a nod and a yawn as he looks tried anyways"Yes no skipping out on chores Private"   

Zeldove nods "Of course not sur"A salute and then taking the plates she heads on back to the kitchens, to wash and dry dishes and help sweep before the evening is done.   

Ciocan meanwhile gets comfortable and soon falls asleep

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer