Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-02-09 08:25:19 AM

oz

The Badger Isn't Feeling Well-LP LOG

WHO:

Ciocan-Badger Lord

Zolomon-Corporal, Archer,Runner in LP

Helem-Recruit in LP

Gregorian-  Lt. ,Master Blacksmith,Fighter in LP

Felicity- Sergeant, Runner in LP

Terrence- Sergeant, Fighter in LP

A couple Healer Hares (Spoofed)

LOG:

Salamandastron: Forge Room
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-* Salamandastron *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
You are in a fairly large room, the walls rising up around you hewn from
solid rock.  In the center stands a colossal object - the forge.  Steam is
constantly rising from the forge due to the intense fire burning within. 
The typical accessories are set around the perimeter of the forge:
billows, tongs, and a large bucket of cool water.  Lining the walls are
finished and unfinished items ranging from great battle-axes to little
forks.  A large ventilation shaft is above, raised higher than the rest of
the room to permit the rising heat to escape.  Because of the flames the
room is well lit, although quite warm.  Over in the corner of the room is
a small pile of raw ore just waiting to be molded into some implement or
another.

Zolomon stops by the doorway to the forge and nods "Well since he is the main one to jolly well know, you can ask him on joining the Long Patrol and officially be a recruit."

Helem is nervous and shrugs "I.. don't know some of the higher up officers are scary and he..he is like the ..top one here, maybe its a bad idea..I did mess up rather badly yesterday"   

Ciocan is working in the forge and upon hearing voices by the door he looks over to them, then back to fixing an axe he had promised one of the officers he would fix.He studies the axe and finishes up what he was doing, taking tongs and cooling the metal in the water basin and carefully sitting it aside before once more glaceing at the hares "Wot?" He sounds a little tried today.

Zolomon grins "Your do great.."He gives a salute and a smile "Lord C..a new recruit is here, Helem to join our jolly group"   

Helem walks forwards, he is not too good with salutes...yet "Sur....yes...I am Helem, my parents were part of the..Patrol, I stayed in Halyard with my grandma when they...died, in that siege but grandma died last week....old age, and..so thought i come maybe...join sur"   

Ciocan nods his head "I..see, it sounds noble"He clears his throat, "Welcome, now excuse me."He seems to not be staying in the forge too long.

Zolomon frowns "Umm..sur?" I mean its not like he usually is ok with Lord C after all,.."Ya ok there sur, need anything?"

Helem frowns, but nods "Ok..."He decides best not ask on a unit, besides he is a recruit and has to be a private to join a patrol

Ciocan looks to the hares"I am fine, its just a bit too hot in here" He goes to head to the hallway.

Zolomon follows the badger and motions Helem to as well.

Ciocan frowns, the forge heat never got to him this bad before and and he was only in there maybe an hour, yes the forge is hot but today it made him feel way too hot, a headache he had got 100x worse and he was feeling dizzy, so maybe a bit of time away from the forge, he could try and finish that axe tomorrow maybe, he thought of heading to the infirmy but frowned, maybe if he didnt get to feeling better, finding himself close he decided to just check on a couple hares he knew was in the infirm, that would be the excuse he had to be down here.

Salamandastron: Recovery Room
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-* Salamandastron *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
This is the recovery room for the Long Patrol. It is the place that, once
initially treated, injured Patrollers retire to convalesce. As such, it is
dimly but pleasantly lit, the lantern light casting a calming light on its
inhabitants. One row of cots have been provided for short term patients,
with a bedside table between each, while the long-term patients receive
considerably more comfortable lodgings. With curtains for privacy, the beds
are larger, they have extra padding, and When in season, fresh flowers are
kept in evidence. A small bookshelf with a rotating selection is kept well
stocked. The other half of the room is devoted to providing therapy to the
recovering Patrollers. All healer supplies are stored in a long row of
cabinets that line the wall from one end to the other, and from floor to
ceiling, while the rest accommodates a variety of therapy tools - light
weights, balls, jumping ropes, and other such strengthening equipment.
Crutches are hung neatly on pegs on the wall.

Terrence had heard about the escape and death of the stoat yesterday, yet very little news had come since then. The sergeant, shoulder and chest still bandaged, had woken up, eaten breakfast, and now sat twirling his thumbs as he was growing rather tired of the recovery room. He had gone for a short walk earlier but had been ushered back to this room by an irate healer - twice.

Ciocan decided to check on the Sargent and see how he was doing.It was good to check on his hares after all, and got his mind off other things and yes he heard of the escape  and the stoat dying, almost had a hare die but luckily that was avoided. He walks in after a cough to clear his throat and makes his way over to where Terrence is.

Zolomon had followed and peeks inside the room quietly from the doorway, a shrug to Helem is given.

Helem frowns, he was in the infirm briefly last night and didn't like it much, so he left.Then he was fine he had just fainted and been slightly shaken up, maybe a bruised neck but other fine.

"Sah!" With his good paw Terrence gives a rather surprised salute. His eyes briefly drift to the corporal and the new comer, but most of his attention remains on the Badger Lord.   

Ciocan nods"At ease....Sergeant, just checking on you.I got a report that the captain stoat had...had tried to escape but in a fight was slain, the fight could of brought bad news but lucky it didn't, hmms need to remember to speak to a couple hares later"   

Zolomon slips in and speaks"I heard some bits and pieces of it, Zelly was thar...have yet to talk to her, then she is on that..well Home Guard Patrol now"

Helem frowns at the mention of the fight, he starts to say something and decides its...best not to, not like he was helpful at all.   

"Ah, yes." Terrence mutters, looking at his paws. "Dare I say it, but I really can't imagine how he got free." The sergeant hadn't hear anything other than news of the stoat's death - recognizing Helem from the night before Terrence glances at him as he starts (and immediately stops) speaking. "Unless someone made a rathah large mistake, which would be a shame..."   

The Recovery Room is getting crowded! Felicity now enters, a couple sheets of paper in paw. She's come to talk to Terrence to give him an update on his troops that she's training while he's injured, but she stops when she sees all the visitors already in here. She salutes to the badger, nodding to the other hares. "Oh, 'llo, thah. Talkin' 'bout th'stoat? I was alseep at th'time, so I can't add any 'elpful details."   

Ciocan nods to Felicity and gives a frown, he clears his throat again as he really isn't feeling that great right now."Captain...."He sighs, as he needs to reread that report."Maybe Private Zeldove can...update" He shakes his head and goes to head to the door making it a short visit, it would seem.

Zolomon frowns "Sorry...I know nothing either Terrance...wasn't thar"He tilts his head at the badger and shrugs.

Helem steps forwards "A..Ca..ummm...Adder..something.And the stoat was like your gonna die...and then he made the one hare maid lead him out, but she didn't lead him out and then he got mad and chased her into the tunnels.....and then the one captain lady came and fought the stoat, and the stoat had a hidden dagger and was like...like tried to stab her, but then there was a spear in the stoats back and he was dead..cause the one hare maid killed the stoat before he killed the captain..lady"Ok he didn't catch a name. "And then that one scary loud major came..he is scary and...then.."He frowns, "I fainted..and was taken here...surs"   

Nodding slowly, Terrence replies, "I... see. I think you mean Capt. /Addersmith/." Back when the sergeant had just made corporal he'd had to work with Addersmith - and he didn't really much care for him. As for the other captain, he could guess, and he /definitely/ knew who the major was. There's a slight smile that appears when Felicity enters, and he laughs. "Why hello! And it doesn't mattah all that much that you o'h Zolomon don't have anything to add considering the stoat was killed with little to no harm on ou'h side."   

Felicity smiles. "Well, 'kay, then." She listens to the Recruit's summary, grimacing slightly as she, too, has a pretty good idea of who the 'scary loud Major' is. But as the badger starts to leave, the hare maid sets down her papers on a nearby table and intercepts him. "Sah, are y' alright?"   

Ciocan stays by the doorway, Zolmon frowns and then nods as he has some Privates to tend to, some lessons in archery safety, he looks back and decides things are fine .Ciocan meanwhile is half listening to the report or reports it would seem, he waves Felicity off and straightens up"I'm..fine, I will be in my room"   

Helem sits down in a seat as he may as well stay here."The infirmary is nice, my mother was a healer..my father a fighter in the Patrol, I was...too young to ion and then....they died in that..siege in Mossflower and now I am in the patrol, not sure when will be a...Private thought" His luck?... LONG time.   

Once the badger lord says that, Terrence raises a brow. He doesn't say anything to him, however, instead eyeing the hare now sitting. "I see. What's you'h name then, recruit? I can't promise you reaching private in a shortah time than at least a month. Especially if you're so squeamish about blood."   

Felicity gets in the badger's way and crosses her arms, shaking her head. "M'Lohd, with all due respect" And her voice really does sounds respectful, as well as concerned "y've been in y'room f'fah too much time th'past few days. 'Tisn't like y't'be so 'idden away from y' 'ares. Are y'really sure y'fine?" She lets her fellow Sergeant handle the Recruit. She has her friend to worry about.

Ciocan snorts as he is blocked from going further down the hallway, he doesn't look happy at Felicity right now, "Move"He says simply but doesn't go to move her."Been...busy"He sounds tried but also like he is trying to be grumpy and fails, this is one of the FEW hares that could get away with this, but how many know that as a healer just coming to duty gasps as she witnesses this and backs away, in fact quickly into the herb room before something is said. Ciocan meanwhile has grown a bit too quiet as he frowns at Felicity and starts to say something before he coughs a couple times and clears his throat again, his headache getting worse and the fact he still feels like he is in the forge, not nearly as hot but still feels close to it, to him anyways.   

Helem covers her mouth with a paw and backs up, knocks over a chair and shakes his head, "Is she..insane...I...we....oh..."He will hid under a bed now thank you and peek out from under it, probably the bed Terrence is in as its closer.   

As the conversation shifts to an argument between the badger and the doe, Terrence shifts to sit on the edge of the bed, throwing off the covers so he can stand if need be- Of course, instead he blocks Helem from hiding under his bed. After a moment of utter /shock/, the sergeant snarls. "Oh no you bloody don't!" He barks, going to grab the recruits collar to haul him upright.

Felicity purses her lips and stays right where she is. "Sah, y'know I 'ave nothin' but respect f'r y', an' that I nevah disobey a direct ordah. But y'are obviously not feelin' well," she getsures at him as he struggles to say something and instead coughs. "Y'are the leadah of us. Y'provide us wi' an example t'follow. If a 'are were ill, y'would 'ave 'em rest an' be seen by 'Ealahs, would y'not? But why should we when our leadah doesn't do th'same?" She takes a step closer to the bdager and goes to rest a paw on his arm. "Sah, please. Be 'onest. Are y'sure y'alright?"   

Ciocan steps back, he mutters "Hate the infirm....." The past week has stressed him out, especially last night when a couple guards likely over reacted and made it sound worse than it ended up being once a couple reports came in, no one died but the stoat and it was throw out somewhere onto the sands. He snorts slightly at Felicity and goes to gently move her or if nothing else get past her, he was in the forge maybe less than half an hour ago before he left suddenly and went down here, his excuse, which was true, check on a couple hares that were down here.He doesn't manage to get too far before he stumbles forwards, going to catch himself with the wall and missing slightly when he seems to almost pass out, but he doesn't pass out.If anyone gets close enough they can tell he doses have a fever, the forge likely made it worse and his headache.Seems the badger has caught that cold and cough that's going around and let it get a little worse than it should of.

Gregorian appears down the hall about the same time Ciocan is trying to leave. He hadn't had the time to deal with the state of the forge yet, he was merely going to the infirmary on his own business when he suddenly freezes as the badger suddenly collapses "Wot the bloody hell!"   

Helem gasps and is then face to face with Terrence, he frowns "S.Sorry sur..."He frowns at a yell from the hallway and whimpers, then "Should..someone..check on them?"

"Recruit, what's you'h name?" Terrence demands, a frown playing across his face. For now the sergeant ignores commotion in the hallway, figuring the healers and Felicity (and Ciocan) can deal with it. Especially now that Terrence has only one good paw that's still holding Helem's collar, if a bit more loosely now. "If you're so damn scared of a /noise/, recruit, I can't imagine you're going to last long here."

Felicity eeks slightly as the badger picks her up and gently sets her to one side, but her surprise is quickly overcome with irritation. She turns to say something to him as he walks away, but only gasps as the Badger Lord collapses to the floor. "SAH!" She rushes to his side, going to rest a paw on his shoulder as she tries to feel his forehead. "Sah, I don't bloody /care/ 'ow much y' 'ate th'Infirm, y'need 'elp, stat!" She glances up at the Lieutenant. "The Badgah Lohd is sick! Quick, 'elp me get 'im t'a bed!" She's not meaning to order a higher-ranking officer around. It's just that when your leader is practically fainting, the correct ways of doing things tend to be forgotten or ignored.   

Ciocan is awake and kneeling in the hallway laying a paw on his forehead as well, ok he dizzy as he looks at Felicity.He does have a fever and likely had somewhat of one before he went to , at least try and work in the forge, times he tried to rest were interrupted by hey this, or that and then that escape that happen, yeah some over reacting hares claiming the whole cavern area was taken over, it wasn't. He tries to stand and fails, a frown at Felicity as he mutters a "Fine...."He coughs a little more and shakes his head, he clearly hates the infirm but will put up with it and allow his hares to help him get to the.....infirm.Rest will help a lot and he does need some help, so he allows it.

Gregorian doesn't even need to be told the situation by Felicity before he's hurrying over to help. He's a little relieved to see Ciocan is still conscious. A quick nod to Felicity and he goes to take one of Ciocan's arms to try and get him up and to a bed "Alright, yah just come in here and rest" he says to the badger before sharply muttering to Felicity "Wot the hell happened?"   

Helem frowns "Helem...." He then looks to the doorway and back to Terrence and is just quiet.   

"Helem, eh?" Terrence mutters, finally letting his attention shift to the doorway as well. Felicity's words sink in, finally, and his eyes go wide when he sees the the badger lord and the hares helping move him. "You know just as well as me, lieutenant." Terrence gives a wry smile despite the circumstances, letting go off the recruit.   

Ciocan allows Greg to get on one side and Felcity the other side, he allows them to help him to a bed that's in the back of the infirmary as there is a large cot there, just in case it was ever needed and seems it was a good idea to have it there.He almost stumbles again before he allows himself to lay down on the cot.The dizziness still somewhat there, the cough is there.His nose is stuffed up but not like he gave much time to really notice, he came out of his room for a couple meetings, to listen to reports and tried to do a little work in the forge.Now he is likely gonna be in this room a week.   

Gregorian gestures urgently to the healers but they're already on the way to help as soon as they see the badger stumbling. Once Ciocan's on the bed all Greg needs is to step back and get out the way as the healers are checking the badger out. Greg frowns deeply, concerned "He just stepped out and collapsed" he mutters to Terrence.   

Helem starts to sit down and seems unsure of going over to where the badger is, besides healers seem to have it under control. He just sits and stays where he is, Maybe he can learn some things from the healers, since it had seemed he was wanting to learn healing skills.   

Terrence nods. "Uh huh." He scrunches his snout, looking at the badger lord. He doesn't seem all that alarmed. "Well, that explains why he was down here, at least..." Sparing a glance back at Helem, the sergeant returns to sit on his bed, doing his best to get out of the way. With one arm in a sling there's not much help Terrence can offer.   

Ciocan lets the healers tend to him, they seem relieved he isn't hurt, there was a chance right?, pulse and breathing checked, things seem not too bad there as a healer is told to get some herbs that are mixed together and placed in a mug with some water and offered to the badger who already is not liking the look or smell of the foul looking mixture but he drinks it, coughing a couple times, a sneeze and some willowbark tea is being made.He clears his throat and speaks to Felicity and Greg.."Thank...you, fer the help here..Lt. Gregorian...and Sargeant Felcity.."He frowns, well Terrence has company in the infirm it seems.

"Doesn't explain why he was leavin'" Greg mutters back to Terrence as he waits for the healers to do their work. He huffs a little note of relief as things seem relatively alright. He nods once at the thank you but her keeps frowning "Mmm, well, yah just stay here until the healahs say othahwise sah...Or I'll have yah dragged back myself"   

Helem speaks softly "Maybe he don't like Infirmarys...or maybe he is busy, he also seemed tried like he wanted a nap." He notices things.

With pursed lips Terrence shrugs. "Well, maybe the lord can answah that himself, eh sah?" He laughs but sobers quickly. "Ahem." Settling for watching the proceedings, shrugs. "Maybe, Helem."   

Ciocan is at first silent, not like he spoke to too many of his hares unless it was a meeting, a short chat maybe passing in the hallway.He coughs again and drinks half of the tea before he speaks" I...don't like...the infirm"A cough, a sip of tea.."Last 3-4 days...been having a headache...stuff nose, this cough..stupid snezein' fits...then past week or so not helped with stress.....least the...."Its unclear what the word is but he hates vermin "Stoat is no longer an issue..."   

Gregorian frowns at Helem's suggestion that it's a dislike of infirmaries but then his jaw tightened when Ciocan confirms the reason. Greg points at the badger and then everyone else for good measure "I am goin' tah tell yah now, everyone dislikes infirmaries. Get past it! This is the patrol. Yah goin' tah be in this place sometimes. The healahs don't want tah hear yah complainin' every time yah step in the door and they certainly don't want tah be haulin' yah down here because yah passed out from ignorin' somethin'!"

Helem gasps "Your not supposed to tell the Badger Lord off...he could like ...throw ya outta the room, he could demote ya,...he could...well do something"   

"And /you're/ not supposed to tell a lieutenant off, recruit." Terrence grits his teeth, holding back the urge to fully lay into Helem. "Besides, I doubt the poo'h Badgeh Lord could throw Greg out, considering his current state." Calming down, he manages to smile towards Ciocan. "Of course from what I've herd you aren't one to toss hares about now, are you sah?"

Ciocan he does snort at Greg and takes a sip of his tea"I...rarely get ill....and perhaps I allowed my self to get too busy....and stressed this week"He looks at Terrence and starts to chuckle only to cough a few times and sighs"I..do not throw hares out, only ever banished one hare.....Hanzi, and no discussing Hanzi...he was...."He shrugs and does look fairly tried,"But...he is right I shouldn't...shouldn't of let myself get like this"   

Gregorian shoots Helem an irritated look "I'm tellin' yah all off, in advance" he folds his arms as he looks back at the badger "Yah ill now and yah avoided stayin'. They're yah healahs, give them a little respect and do as yah told...sah"   

Helem frowns, "Your grumpy...and old..why?" Its not clear whom he is addressing right now.   

There's a flash of anger in Terrence's eyes at the recruit's latest words. "I'm warning you, Helem," the sergeant growls, "It'd be bettah if you stay quiet fo'h now. Take that as an ordah."

Ciocan does his best to think before he gets grumpy, not one to go all bloodwrath at the drop of a pen even when it comes to the times he is forced to fight, he tries to avoid it ..it happen once at the Redwall siege, but what happens right now is just a growl as he sits up and looks at the recruit, "Recruit....."He coughs roughly and looks to Greg to help with this, as he lays back down and calms, another coughing fit and mutter.Helem is lucky is not feeling well right now.

Helem tenses up, ok it seems he should leave "Unmmm...I think....I forgot to do something....."He is now quickly trying to get to the door to leave   

Gregorian ears twitch at the word grumpy. What was it with all these recruits and calling them grumpy? He catches Ciocan's look and his jaw tightens as he turns towards Helem just as the hare starts to make his escape. Greg, sometimes, can be pretty fast for a guy with one leg. He quickly moves to intercept, going to try and grab Helem's arm and twist it, just to stop the hare, not to do any damage "Yah haven't been dismissed recruit. Now are yah sure yah don't want tah repeat that tah my face?"   

Terrence had /almost/ gotten back up, but as Greg had moved first the sergeant didn't do anything, instead letting himself fall back on the pillows. Letting out a long sigh, he covers his face with his good arm. He was bored this morning, sure, but all of this was testing his nerves.   

Felicity had stepped out after accepting the badger's thanks. Speaking quietly with a Healer, she misses everything that is conversed about, so all she knows is she comes back in juuuuuusssst when the Liuetenant intercepts the Recruit. "Um...." The Sergeant has a reputation of being a very hard Drill Master, forcing the Recruits and others under her to train in full kit and gear, run laps aorund the base of the Mountain, sit ups and push ups and leg lifts until their muscles feel like wet clay. However, she is also respected for doing everything with the tarinees. So if Helem has heard these things, he may get more nervous than he was already.   

Ciocan sighs and looks ready to just sleep, he is tried and that headache is clearly back.The rest of the tea is drank and he is laying down, half awake now and somewhat listening to talking around him.   

Helem whimpers....all seems to hate him right now, "I..I..I...your...grumpy...and old....and....."And he faints, Greg is..well scary right now.

Gregorian looks angry as Helem repeats himself but it's nothing to how mad he looks when Helem faints. He's still holding the hare's arm so he at least lowers the recruit to the floor gently as he looks like he's trying not to explode in a rage. He leaves the recruit there as the healers move in to help and he looks at the ceiling before screwing his eyes closed for a moment, willing himself to be calm. He finally looks back at the others "Where are we gettin' these recruits?"   

"Goodness knows, Greg." Terrence responds dryly, staring down at the recruit's body. "On a more practical level if he continues like that I can't imagine him being even a healah, as they need be able to fight." Leaning back against the bed frame, he scratches his chin in thought. "Perhaps we can move him to the reah service, have him go into logistics and supply and the lot...If he's any good at maths, that is."   

Felicity scoots out of the way to let the Healers take the Recruit off to wherever. "Whot was /tha'/ all 'bout? Did y' 'ave t'bump 'im on th'bonce?" She makes her way over to the badger's bed and sits on the edge, going to hold one of his massive paws in both of her own.

Gregorian snorts as he heads for the comfiest chair in the place "I didn't hit him, he just keeled ovah...I tell yah, when he wakes up he's on kitchen duty" there's a heavy sigh as he sits down "He called me grumpy and old...in my day when we insulted the officahs we at least had the good sense tah wait until they were out of the room"

With a laugh Terrence shakes his head. "And he tried to hide undah my bed when you were arguing with the Badgeh Lord, Lissie!" The smile that's on his face isn't the most kind. "He's a rathah absurd fellow, isn't he? But he's still a recruit, so perhaps he'll change."

Felicity frowns. "Oh....why would....I guess th'sight o' a Sergeant arguin' wi' th'Badgah Lohd would be rathah frightenin', 'specially t'a Recruit." She tucks the blanket up around the badger's chin now that he's fallen asleep. "I knew it'd be fine, though," she mutters, almost to herself. "I only insult officahs in m'diary. Nevah t'anothah beast."   

Gregorian rubs a paw over his face "Nevah write down anythin' yah not happy tah be read out in yah court martial" he says, looking tired but he thinks for a second before a small smile appears ...Heh" he chuckles dryly "Not that I particularly followed that advice" he nods to Terrence "Hr seems tah have an unfortunate nervous streak in him"

"Oh deah," Terrence says, with a more genuine grin, "It seems when future generations will look back to this time all they'll be able to say is how much this sergeant Felicity and lieutenant Gregorian bad mouthed thei'h comrades!" He laughs heartily, but soon collects himself. "Yes, it seems so. It took me a few tries to get his name out of him as well. /Helem/. Apparently his parents were in the Patrol, if I heard correctly."   

Felicity stands as Ciocan starts to snore softly. Padding across the room, she sits on Terrence's bed now so she can boff him upside the head. "I'll make sure they know 'ow obnoxious y'were, too, wot!" She jokes back. "And since I'm plannin' on nevah doin' anythin' that'd get me couht martialled, I don't think I need t'worry s'much." She listens, her knees jiggling up and down as she bounces her heels off the floor. "I 'ope 'e's able t'calm 'imself down afore too long. Else 'e may find 'imself kicked out. Just 'cause y'parents are good Patrollahs doesn't mean y'will be."   

Gregorian closes his eyes for a moment while things are quiet but he snorts with a little smirk "Ah, if only life was still excitin' enough tah risk the threat of consequences...It's a long standin' tradition though, for the lowah ranks tah moan about the uppah" his nose twitches as he thinks of Helem again "His parents were patrollahs?...Apple's fallin' a little far from the three there"   

Terrence hadn't expected the bop, and he falls back slightly - into pillows, of course. More laughter escapes him. "I say, you'll be facing a court-marshal soonif you continue assaulting fellow officiahs like that!" He says with a wink, rubbing the spot she smacked him. Looking around the doe towards Greg, he shrugs. "Probably. I haven't heard his last name yet, so I don't know who they were..."

Felicity sniffs and looks away regally. "Pish posh, I'll just say y'provoked me." She then smiles and winks back, then seems to remember something. Standing, she goes over to where she had laid down her papers and picks them up, shifting through them (there's only like 4, but still) as the bucks discuss the Recruit.   

Gregorian keeps his eyes closed but smiles and chuckles faintly as he listens to the pair. His response to comments on the recruit in a little slow "Mmm...suppose...suppose his parents could have...been rubbish..mm" he says but it's only seconds later that his head is starting to droop and it's not long before he's actually fallen asleep just sat there.   

"I can't say that'll hold up in quart, though." Terrence smiles, but his face falls once the old buck dozes off. "Well, now that's two of them dropping off now." He looks apologetically towards Felicity. "I suppose we should probably quiet down fo'h now, eh? It really is good to see you, if I'm being honest."   

Felicity smiles as she walks back over to him. "Aye, guess we should," she answers quietly. She blushes slightly when he informs her of how good he finds it to see her.   

"Unfortuneately, 'm still on duty. I 'onestly just came down t'bring y'th'repohts of the various trainin' exahcises. Greg knows 'bout 'em, o' course, but I thought y'd like t'know." She hands him the papers. He will find reports of almost all of the hares from his division doing well, as well as the Recruits she's been working with. She's also included reports of all of her hares, too. Whisowski is still being a cad (although she says it much more professionally in her report), but conversly a Recruit Dobbs, newly in the Patrol, is doing exceptionally well, although she's had to arrange for him to have lessons with the teachers of the leverets because Dobbs is illiterate. Everything else seems okay.   

Felicity smiles as she meets his gaze. "I need t'go check wi' th' 'Ealahs who're in charge o' teachin' th'Recruits an' Privates 'bout which plants're poisonous. 'Ope t'be able t'come back an' chat latah. Oh, an' a Recruit should be stoppin' by wi' a book 'ere soon. I told 'er t'bring y'm'favourite fiction story."   

She waves good-bye, then heads out the door, leaving the buck with a pair of sleeping companions.   

"Thank you, Lissie." Terrence waves as she leaves, looking down at the reports with a sigh. Oh well. At least he has something to read now!

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer