Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-02-07 08:21:37 PM

Leon

Short Lived Escape-LP LOG

WHO:

Helem-Recruit and wanna be hero and healer(MY NEW HARE ALT)

Zeldove- Private,Archer,Fighter in Home Guard of the Long Patrol

Varus-Major and Fighter in the Long Patrol

Bonetail-Escaped Evil Stoat

Addersmith-Captain in the Long Patrol-NPC

Lucia- Retired Captain of Long Patrol-Spoofed by Terrence

Greenhill-Private in the Long Patrol-Spoofed by Terrence

LOG:

Bonetail was having enough of this place,there had to be a way out, he just needed to find it, or the right time to.He smirked they were supposed to question him soon, he would escape then, he had not tried anything the whole time he was here, even before then.He had no weapons as he didn't need them.   

Helem was new and had yet to really get to do much, even as a recruit but he had found his way down here as he did have parents down here, his parents had fought in the siege, so he was on his way to the catacombs and took a left when it should of been a right.

Zeldove was with one of the captains that was a home guard"Simple and not like this happens much, its rare but when it does someone feeds the captives"Zeldove nodded as she walked along, the captain smiled and spoke "Hey stoat...meal time"   

Bonetail stood "I have decided to answer those questions , also someone may want to clean that laveratory"   

Helem rounds the corner and frowns"Ummm...wrong hall, this isn't the catacombs.....is it...wait wot is it?"

Zeldove frowns as she looks at the Captain on what to do, the Captain rolls his eyes and hands the tray of food to the hare maid"Step back stoat."He proceeds to unlock the door, Zeldove frowns "Is that wise sur...".."Who has de higher rank lass, I do don't talk back to an officer or I shall have ya speak to his Lordship again." Zeldove just frowns, ok he must know what he is doing, she hopes.

Bonetail looks like he will corporate, he has so far..they even cleaned and he stayed still, today is different....today he waits till the Captain is inside and grins, he sends a punch towards the jaw and if he succeeds in even just knocking the hare back, he does another quick move to slam him to the wall if needed and goes for the keys, slams the door and locks the Captain in and faces the two hares with a smirk.

Zeldove drops the tray to go to help the captain, but things go too fast and the Captain is out cold on the floor and locked in the cell, she backs up a little and then goes to draw one of her daggers.   

Helem blinks and then walks up to the stoat "You sur...will stay put and return to your cell.."Oh right it needs unlocked."You will unlock it and stay put..."He turns to Zeldove "I say lass go get someone to help the dear Captain...then I could I do know some healing skills"   

Bonetail chuckles and waits till Helem looks away and goes to grab him from behind in a sort of head lock move, he speaks to Zeldove "Your leading me outta here longears, ya refuse they have one less hare in your dumb patrol"   

Zeldove gasps, this is not good and she is here by herself right now. She tries to think....most are up a couple levels, the Badger Lord might be in the forge but still....if he isn't and she doesn't want anyone hurt and blaim her later, she also cant let a vermin escape. An idea comes to mind "I.."She is areadY nervous.."I..I can lead you out of here"   

Helem was never the brave one and far from it now also as panic sits in, more so when he finds he can't move to get loose. He isn't a strong hare, it was always a weakness of his, he even had trouble lifting a blade really.   

Bonetail smirks, for now he is keeping the one hare in his grip "Then lead away, not got all day..or is it night?"   

Zeldove frowns "Its afternoon" She says quietly and backs away, she looks at the tunnels and nods to one that leads to where the catacombs are"That way leads out, now...release him"She still has her dagger.   

Helem is past the point of panic, he is seeing his life flash before his eyes and all the hare maid can talk of is what time of freaking day it is.

Bonetail watches the haremaid closely as he goes to follow her,he grins at Helem"Lets hope she leads me out...so ya live"   

Zeldove frowns , ok she is worried now as she just hopes he will follow her, she tries to think quickly.."Your gonna need to release him, having him will get you no where"   

Helem finally decides to talk "Wot..wot she blooming said..let me..go..i'm new, please.......I know nothing"   

Bonetail says, "Ya dont need to know anything and ya never know soon ya may never know anything again"   

Zeldove lead the way slowly "Carefull...its a maze"And she was right, she only hoped this was a good idea, there was rumors Domink was bck down here, she only hoped he was, or least someone was down here, or this was gonna end badly.

Helem was just in..panic mode still.He decided to not dare try and get loose, least he make this worse.   

Bonetail looks at her and then "Stop...is this a trick or are these tunnels this twisty, this seems to lead no where"   

Zeldove frowns "Trick...ummmm look these tunnels are fairly long, you..want to get lost or wot? " She stays calm best she can right now, its a little hard but she is trying.   

Helem just frowns, yep this is not a good day and what if its his last day.

Bonetail growls now as he is getting tried of twists and turns, he looks ready to break the recruits neck in fact"I said out as in out to the surface, now...not tomorrow...now or I will make sure the stripdog has one less hare to worry about...maybe two if need be"   

Helem just had to hear the fact he could die...said a 2nd time, he faints at this news, well he is clearly no help to anyone.   

Zeldove ears droop, maybe he isnt here, so maybe she is on her own as she glares at the stoat and grips her dagger, she founds when
Helem faints, think fast "Let him go and..you can take me where ever ya want, but let him go he is just a recruit"   

Bonetail smirks "And you are..what? Your both Long Patrol hares."He drops the recruit and takes a couple steps towards the hare maid."So..you still showing me how to get out?"

Helem is well...he fainted so when he lands on the floor he isn't doing much moving.

Zeldove still has a plan, get the stoat further into the area, and away from Helem, and away from the entry, away from trying to harm anyone, it may not be the best plan but its a plan.   

Pvt. Greenhill hadn't luck when it came to the safety of superiors, it seemed. After being sent down to the cells by a cook who seemed rather anxious about how long Captain Addersmith and Private Zeldove had been taking to return the prisoners dishes, she had found said captain locked away in the same jail-cell as Bonetail had. After grabbing the nearest ranking hare she could find, one Ret.Capt. Lucia Cadwallader, the two had gotten the story from Addersmith and the alarm was raised: a prisoner had escaped!

The guard at the main gates was doubled, the hares armed to the teeth and waiting in case the escapee (and his possible hostage(s)) try to exit that way. Most squads searched the mountain top to bottom, with one such led by Capt. Lucia that was cobbled together from the second and third division. With her trusty battle-mace in one paw and a torch in the other, the captain and her hares descended to the caverns and catacombs beyond.   

"Bonetail!" She called out, harshly, her voice echoing in the dark passages "If you're down here let it be known t'you there's no escape-way down 'ere!"   

Bonetail hears his name and then glares at the hare maid "Ya tricked me..YA TRICKED ME!!!!" He had no weapons but that didn't matter, he took a step towards the hare maid "Forget slave..ya die"   

Helem groans as he comes to, he is where he was drop and sits up slightly, his eyes widen as he sees the stoat, ok he is not brave so he scoots back and heads in the direction of the voices of fellow hares, yes get help and far from the stoat!   

Zeldove frowns but then just grips the dagger "You have no weapon....."She looks around and back to him." Fight me? Ok....cause I can't let you get to any exit."   

As Helem approaches the squad of hares, two go to block his way with their pole-axes. "'Are!" Lucia barks, not even asking his name, "Tell me what in goodness' name you're bloody well doing down 'ere?" There's a glint in the old captain's single eye as she stares down the recruit. "And if you know of the stoat and where 'e is, lead us there, now!"   

Bonetail shrugs "One don't need weapons ta kill ya know lass" He grins "Your afraid of me....good"   

Helem slides to a stop "I..I got a li..little lost....the stoat got out and he grabbed me and told..the  hare maid to lead him outside, I think she got lost too" He points the direction he came.   

Zeldove listens to noise in the hallway, so keep him talking" Good to know....and maybe I am afriad..so wot?" She says as she keeps his distracted," We all have fears makes us...well us"   
"Well then, follow us and you won't get lost again." The captain said with a mirthless smile. Lucia knew well the area Helem had pointed as it was were many of her family had been laid to rest. "You 'heard 'im, get moving!" She ordered and the squad was quickly off, with or without Helem. As they rounded the final corner to where Zeldove and Bonetail stand, Lucia hands her torch to Pvt. Greenhill. The hares stop before the stoat, their weapons at the ready. "'Are!" For the second time the captain didn't know the name, "Come slowly ovah to us and you'll be alright. As fo'h you, /vermin,/" she spat at Bonetail, "I'll deal with you myself." While Lucia was short for a hare, she was stocky and well built. Even in her advanced age one could clearly make out muscles beneath her decorated uniform. But the fiendish look in her single eye was the best teller of her years of service - the other was hidden beneath an eyepatch with a massive scar running from her ear to jaw. As Ret.Capt. Lucia raised her spiked mace,it glinted in the torch light as she advanced towards the stoat.

Bonetail looks to the old hare and starts laughing "Oh I see..ya led me to some old hare...this is funny"He grins and grins, "I say...this should be interested, fought an old otter once, he died..."   

Helem frowns and stays near the other hares, he is just a recruit after all.   

Zeldove looks over at the Captain, a salute is given but as for heading closer to the Captain, she isn't sure to get too close to the stoat, she holds on to the dagger and keeps an eye on the stoat as she slowly moves.   

Lucia lets out a cruel laugh. "Just one you say? Well, I've crushed the skull of young stoats such as yourself at least five times," Leaping forward the old hare brings the mace down in a savage blow, "Like /this/." There's something in her voice that hints she's enjoying this. The other hares stay where they are, and Pvt. Greenhill hands Zeldove a simple spear with a slight smile.

Bonetail sidesteps and goes to try and trip the old hare, the mace gors hit his lower arm though which causes him to growl in pain,but he looks ready to still fight.   

Helem frowns as he watches the fight but keeps his distance, he does stay though as he knows some healing skills, if they are needed.   

Zeldove gets the spear and nods, she keeps an eye on the stoat and angles her spear, she will help the Captain if its needed, but otherwise she stays where she is.   

Lucia is tripped, but quickly regains her footing. She backs away from the stoat letting out a chuckle. "Tricksy, I say, but I'm impressed." She spares a glance at her now bloody mace, "Most creatures wouldn't want to continue aftah a blow like that." Then she brings the mace swinging in an arch for Bonetail's head.   

Bonetail snorts, he sidesteps and looks around for a weapon of some sort, has to be something right? Anything, he then grins as those hares didn't check everything, he has a hidden dagger in his wrist band, its small but can do damage if someone is stabbed with it.

Zeldove has keep an eye on the stoat, her spear in paw as she frowns and catches a faint flicker of metal in the torch light and moves to stab the spear into the stoat's side or back!   

Quick as she can, Lucia bring her free paw up to punch the stoat in the stomach, bringing the end of her mace down at his head for good measure. The other hares in her squad watch nervously, as the old captain had a reputation as one who didn't take 'interference', as she called it, well. So the stood by. Greenhill, of course, feeling like this whole scenario was all too familiar, turns to Zeldove and shrugs. "How much trouble do you think we'd be in if we went against 'eh ordahs and all just stabbed the damned stoat at once?" The private asks, quietly. "I'm rathah sick of officiahs being rathah foolish, myself..."   

Bonetail sidesteps and gets a mace to the footpaw and then he sees an opening and smirks "Goodbye!" He goes to stab the old captain in the throat, a move that likely would of not been blocked, but mere cms from a successful kill he starts gurggleing and gets a look of surprise, dagger dropped and he falls sideways, he attempts to get up and then slumps back to the ground..spear in his back.   

Helem eyes wden as he watches the fight and seeing the blood he sways and..faints, so far this recruit is just the best hare ever for the patrol..or maybe not tongue   

Zeldove pants as she stands and looks at the, well hopefully its dead, stoat..she gulps and looks at the Captain "Captain?..You..ok?"   
At any rate, what with their prisoner being stabbed in the back and dead, it looks like the emergency is over. Varus appears on the scene... And he is HIGHLY DISPLEASED. "'OW IN THE BLOODY 'ELL DID THIS 'APPEN, CAP'N?" he bellows, with barely restrained anger. "'Eads are gonna roll..."

The blade hadn't stopped Lucia's savage blow to the now dead Bonetail's head. After a moment or two of heavy breathing, she turns to face Zeldove, a frown playing on her lips even as she sticks her tongue to taste the blood where the stoat had cut her on the cheek. The one-eyed captain lowers her mace, stepping back from the messy corpse. "I am." She says, flatly, as she examines the spear sticking out of the stoat. "I suppose I should feel thankful, and so I'll say thank you. Yet I was hoping fo'h more from the vermin..." At the major's appearance the hares in Lucia's squad all snap to attention. The captain, for her part, turns calmly to Varus and offers a smile - even as she's covered in blood and gore and her one good eye glints. She'd enjoyed the fight. "Poo'h Addersmith let this one escape." She gestures to the VERY dead corpse. "The recently deceased took this one," she points to Zeldove. "And possibly /that/ one," She gestures to Helem, "'Ostage. I found them and, eh," she waves to Zeldove, "She helped me kill him."   

Helem wakes up just in time to see Varus and sits up, a frown, and he sees the stoat and backs up quicly and about bumps into Varus, he may in fact bump into the hare.   

Zeldove stands up stighter and watches Varus, he is a major and she knows it, so a nod and salute"Sur..." She says calmly.

Varus grabs Helem and hauls the unfortunate beast to his feet. "Wot were you doin' in th' catacombs, Recruit? Y' were late t' drill even before y' got taken 'ostage... Wot 'ave y' got t' say f'r yahrself?"   

With her free paw Lucia bends to rip off what relatively blood-free cloth remains on the dead stoat. Using it to wipe off her mace, she watches the exchange between the major and recruit but offers no input. Instead she turns to her squad of hares dipping her head to Bonetail's body. "Greenhill, Berle, get rid of this mess and make sure he doesn't defile ou'h dead anymore." The two hares do as ordered.   

Helem panics again and gulps "I..ummm sur...I was gonna visit my parents...tomb and then got lost and was in the hall...hallway of the cell, the stoat grabed me..he was gonnna break my neck and told her"He points to Zeldove "To..to lead him out side or he kill me"   

Zeldove speaks quietly"I aimed to trick him though...had hoped to run into someone else down here but maybe its..better i didnt sur. I couldnt let him harm any hares...worse any young ones if he went off on his own..."Yes its likely he would of ran into hares and died but she has a point he could of found a much worse weapon or killed dibbuns or worse, course he could of ran into worse too."I made sure he didn't get to an exit to escape"   

Varus harrumps, and releases Helem from his grip. "I see. Well... It is all well 'n' good t' visit yahr parents, but make sure y' aren't late t' drill again..."He rounds on Zeldove. "You, on th' othah paw, are t' be commended f'r keepin' a cool head in a situation such as this. Good job. As for Addersmith..." His voice drips with scorn. "We got a bloody lot t' discuss..."

"If I may, sah," A light cough comes from the retired captain."My only question now," Lucia says, turning to Zeldove as she finishes wiping the blood off the mace, "Is how he managed to /take/ you 'ostage. He doesn't appeah to be armed in anyway beyond that daggah he pulled out at the end there."   

Helem backs up and frowns "I..I wont be late again...sur, sorry sur" He likely awaits punishment.   

Zeldove speaks, a nod to Varus"Thank you..sur"She looks to the Captain"He had the recruit in a headlock,said he would kill him if I didn't lead him out,..so I lead him out,just not outside as he wanted..he let the recruit go and went after me once he figured out he wasn't heading outside and then the others came..and the fight...and well" The rest is known.   

Varus harrumps again. "So, it was Helem's fault." His gaze falls on the unfortunate recruit. "'Ow did this Bonetail fellow manage t' get a drop on you?" He crosses his arms, whilst awaiting the reply.   

Lucia also turns to peer at Helem. "A recruit should be forgiven fo'h that, I think. They've not yet gone through basic training fully, correct?" He gaze falls on Zeldove. "Same goes fo'h you. That Addersmith should be ashamed of himself. A captain, jumped by an unarmed prisoner! /Disgusting/."   

Helem ears flatten "He..I said..back into..the...cell...he didnt lsiten...he grabed me...c..could of..killed m..m..me..."He looks to the Captain and shakes his head no, then stares into Varus face and whimpers and then just faints....for like the 3nd time this afternoon!   

Zeldove watches the hare faint, she listens to Lucia and Varus quietly, she has had training but still likely needs more in some areas herself even if she is a private status right now.   

Varus sighs, and catches the unfortunate recruit. "If he's going to keep doing this, per'aps 'e needs to be in a non-combat role..." The old hare shakes his head, then says, "Oh, I'll be reprimandin' Addersmith. 'E's incompetent. 'E only made Cap'n because of nepotism..." The Major looks disgusted. "But, it's not in mah purview, so I can't really say anythin' more th'n that..."   

Lucia snorts in visible distaste at Helem, not moving to help his fall. "Did he /really/ just faint again? Why is a hare like /that/ even in this mountain?" However once the major speaks she reigns herself in, letting out a grunt in agreement. "The patrol is at its worst when it suffahs fools, but you should know more of that than me, Majah. If you don't say anything about that fool Addersmith I certainly will - its not like I can be removed from service, retired as I am."   

Varus passes Helem to Zeldove. "Private, take this recruit t' th' Infirmary. On th' double!" He then replies to Lucia, "They wouldn't dare remove me. Th' Brig made it *very* cleah tha' they needed me more 'n' evah."   

Zeldove saultes"Of course..."She then sighs as she picks up Helem and goes to get him to the infirmary, this day has been...well she isn't sure, she will for sure go to bed early if she is allowed.

Helem is taken to the infirm and likely will wake up having to answer a lot of questions

I play
Cota-grandson of Dorarose
Micco-Leader of the Gawtribe

Board footer