Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-02-02 07:59:24 PM

Ol'random
Website

A 'Restful' Time in Recovery - LP 2/1/20

Sgt. Felicity,
Lt. Gregorian,
Sgt. Terrence,
Pvt. Zeldove,
and Cpl. Zolomon,
Retired Mjr. Pete (NPC - Zolomon),
and Retired Capt. Lucia (NPC - Terrence), hares.

It will be some time before Terrence is discharged from the infirmary - the young sergeant was beginning to dread that time, especially with the conversation he was very unwillingly apart of now. The old doe standing by the foot of the bed was relatively small compared to most other fighting hares yet despite this (and her age) she is clearly well muscled and fit. Her back is to the doorway, yet from the expression on Terrence's face its clear he's uncomfortable. "So will you say it?" Her voice is devoid of any affection and by all appearance seems to be just addressing a subordinate. "...Yes." Terrence replies, slowly. "I will. And I was planning too before you said anything." His right shoulder is bandaged and the same arm is in a sling to stop him from moving it too much - the knife had pierced the shoulder muscles. "And, well, I needn't point out how it feels that this the firs–"

"Terry." She interrupts him, sharply, "That isn't relevant."

'Terry' seems to sink even further into the pillows than before, going silent.

Felicity has a stack of papers, because of course she does.  She's reading her notes on her on-going research on toads and insanity while she's off-duty (although she has yet to change out of her uniform).  She enters the main Infirmary and stops to chat with a few of the Healers, then heads to the Recovery room....stopping in the doorway when she sees Terrence already has company.  She catches the last few sentences of the conversation, her lips pursing, brow hardening, shoulders tensing.  She does NOT like it when anyone says that something said was 'not relevant'.  She glances between the 2 of them, trying to decide if she should step out of the room or knock....or interrupt rudely.  She's not sure who this other doe is, but she has an idea.

Terrence sees his fellow sergeant, his face brightening into a slight smile momentarily. It then morphs into something more akin to 'save me', but not quite - he wouldn't go that far. The old doe who had been speaking to him catches his expression and turns, looking Felicity over with her one good eye. "You're the othah sergeant who was promoted with Terry here, eh?" She clucks her tongue. "Both so bloody young..." Terrence grimaces, looking up at the ceiling for a moment before fixing his gaze on the younger doe. "Felicity," The tone of his voice makes it clear he isn't too thrilled, "This is my mothah, Luci–"

His mother interrupts him again, giving a curt nod to Felicity as she turns her back on Terrence. "Captain Lucia C.H. Barcid, at you'h service. Retired, now, of course but still kicking." 

Felicity's face quickly morphs into a polite, respectful expression, hiding her slight distaste with impressive skill.  "Felicity Elizabeth Rosinbloom," she pronounces her last name 'Rose-In-Bloom,' the correct way "Sergeant, aye.  I would think y'still kickin', Sah.  'Twill be a sad day when our retirees can't kick vermin tail, wot!"  She gently folds her papers into a taco to show she's giving the conversation her full attention.  "I may be young, Sah, but I try t'be open t'th'wisdom o' m'eldahs an' superiahs, even if they're long dead.  Th'library 'as loads o' written advice from our fohbeahs, aftah all."

"I can't say all of ou'h forbeahs were the wisest, though." The retired captain smiles politely. "Anyway, Terry," She turns back to her son, "One last thing before I go - I put in with the uppah brass a request to be transferred to the 67th in Mossflower. It's getting too stuffy here, wouldn't you agree, Rosinbloom?" Lucia pronounces the last name nearly exactly as Felicity had, but it seems to be a rhetorical question as she keeps speaking to her son. "And it's about time I visit you'h fathahs grave, as well. Now I'll get out of you'h fu'h." She turns towards the door sharply, nodding to the other doe. "It was a pleasure to meet you, sergeant." She says cordially as she goes, but there's a moment the old hare pauses at the door and looks back at the bedridden buck. Something appearing less antagonistic towards him passes across her face but she leaves too quick to quite tell what.

When she's gone, Terrence lets out a long sigh of relief. "Well, sorry 'bout that." He mutters, shifting in his bed to sit upright. "So, how've you been?" He seems genuinely glad to see her.

Felicity cocks an eyebrow as the other doe turns away from her again, her face showing her distaste again.  She quickly hides it after a few seconds and stays quietly to one side of the door.  As the retiree leaves, the Sergeant nods.  "Aye, y'as well, Captain."  After she's gone, Felicity scowls sourly at the buck.  "She was downright pleasant," she huffs sarcastically, trudging over to his bed and sitting on the edge of it.  She ignores his inquiry of how she is after a moment.
She ignores his inquiry of how she is for the moment.

"Ah, yes..." Terrence looks down at his paws resting over the bedsheet. "She tends to be like that." He doesn't add anything more to to discussion than that, instead once again attempting to change the subject: "Really, Lissie, how have you been?" He asks again, brows furrowed. "I tried speaking to you'h majah but he isn't so keen on letting you on a break... I'm sorry." He sighs, resting his head against the bed frame.

Felicity can take a hint, and so lets the matter drop.  "Oh, well....'tis alright.  I'm touched y'tried, although 'm not a bit surprised Majah Varus said no."  She opens her papers up again and smoothes them on her lap.  "I guess I've been like usual, 'onestly, although since talkin' t'y'an' Greg, I've been feelin' some bettah.  Nightmares still wake me up."  She shrugs, then gives him a sidelong glare.  "Doesn't 'elp tha' Dom went t' 'Alyahd, an' that one o' m'othah friends got 'imself stabbed like a bloody idiot."

With a weak laugh, Terrence looks down at his paws again. "Yeah. I suppose I did, didn't I? And that's good to heah, even if you still have...well." Trailing off, he looks up, meeting her eyes. "I will say this, though: I very much believe Dom saved my and Zeldove's lives. If he wasn't there I think the whole thing would've gone south very quickly. Well, moreso than it did." Closing his eyes and sinking down, he adds, quietly, "Doesn't help that I made multiple mistakes during the whole bloody thing, eithah..."

Felicity listens, nodding slightly.  "'M sure.  I think 'e seemed t'be doin' bettah, t'tell th'truth."  She sets her papers on the table and goes to take his left paw in her own.  "I believe everybeast is due to make a mistake every once in a while, though tha' doesn't 'elp when y'th'one who makes th'mistake.  Tell me, friend: whot 'appened tha' y'feel so bad about?  If 'tis 'bout th'Dibbun..."  she sighs.  "Y'can't save everybeast.  Try as we might, we can't."

There's some time before Terrence replies as he looks down at were there paws are joined. "Yes, that is part of it, I suppose... and Pvt. Harolds got wounded as well, before I attacked the vermin." He is now staring at his lap. "I was too confident we'd be able to intimidate the beasts, and well, that wasn't the case at all. I had this whole grand idea," he practically spits the words, seeming disgusted with himself, "That I'd be able to save the dibbun and get some answers out of the stoat. Now," he laughs, bitterly, "It all seems like a wasted effort as what can we do about slaves sold on distant shores? Bah."

As the buck talks, Felicity's knees start jiggling as her heels bounce off the floor, a thoughtful expression on her face.  But she stays silent, listening until he's done talking.  "Tell me.  Was th'Dibbun dead afore y'arrived?  Or did y'see it be killed?"  She is looking at their paws, too, but she isn't really seeing them at the moment.

"Greenhill heard the poo'h thing yelp from inside an alley," Terrence says, quietly, "And that's how we found them - they already killed the badgah." Letting out a long sigh, the buck looks up again. "I daresay had I been more cautious the night we got Zeldove back, we could've gotten the dibbun as well. Instead I let the stoat escape with it..."

Felicity shrugs.  "May'ap.  But 'ow did y'know 'e 'ad a Dibbun?  Y'didn't an' y'couldn't," she says, not even letting him answer.  "'Tisn't y'fault, as fah as I c'n see."  She looks him straight in the eye, earnest and serious.  "D'y' 'ave any idea 'ow many beasts I 'aven't been able t' 'elp?  So many.  But y'can't punish y'self.  Theh's nothin' y'c'n do t'change th'past.  All we c'n do is try t'do bettah in our futahs.  Terrence," her voice is quiet now, "I 'onestly don't see 'ow y'could've done any bettah with whot information y' 'ad.  All y'c'n do is forgive y'self, an' move fohwahd a little wisah."

Terrence is again quiet for some time as he digests her words. "I..." He takes a deep breath, shaking his head, "You're right. Mostly - I was overly reckless from the start, which doesn't help mattahs eithah, but no," He stops himself, giving her paw a light squeeze, "You're right. You're absolutely right." He doesn't say for sure if he will forgive himself, however. The buck seems exhausted more than anything, now.

Felicity smiles and returns the squeeze.  "'Tis a lesson y'learn at some point.  Th'mohe battles y'in, th' 'ardah th'lesson is ingrained int' y'mind."  She looks at him for a few more moments, then adds softly, "D'y'need t'talk 'bout anythin' else?  Like, I dunno, y'mum?  Y'look like y've been run o'er by a 'orde o' leverets," she adds as a light joke, a smile teasing one side of her mouth.

Terrence tightens his mouth for a moment, but does smile at the joke. "Ah. Mum." He mutters, looking back down at his lap. "I don't know what say about he'h." He adds, after a pause, "That was the first she's talked to me since, goodness, I don't even know how many seasons. Since before I was a recruit, I think." Biting his lip with a sigh Terrence continues, saying, "We're not on the best of terms, as I'm certain you could tell...And admittedly the blame doesn't fall wholly on he'h."

Felicity looks concerned, and a little sad for her friend.  "I'm sorry.....wow, I can't even imagine."  She shifts to a more comfortable position, extracting one of her paws from his to scratch her ear.  "I'm sure she's 'ard t'be 'round.  'Twould make me touchy, t'say th'least."  She's trying to coax him to talk about it without necessarily asking direct questions.

Surprisingly, Terrence laughs, but there's a hint of sadness to it. "Well, since I joined up as a recruit I haven't seen much of he'h, so I haven't really tested how difficult it is. I grew up in my parents' officeh quartahs but its been a long, long time since I saw those rooms..."

Felicity frowns.  "But they're y'fam'ly...I'm sorry, I'm really tryin' t'undahstand.  But m'fam'ly....we loved each othah more'n anythin' else in th'world.  M'parents were so gentle wi' us, even when we were in trouble.  I....I 'aven't seen 'em in seasons 'cause they died.  I'm tryin' t'undahstand....but I can't imagine....I'm sorry."  She ducks her head and looks at the floor, realizing she's probably making him feel a lot worse than he had been already.

Arching an eyebrow, Terrence peers at her for a moment. "It wasn't always this way; I, well, basically spat in both my parents' faces when I left." He takes a long, deep breath, "I didn't have any intention of joining the Patrol back then." With a shrug, he tries to free his paw from hers so he can set it on Felicity's shoulder instead. "I'm sorry...I'm sorry." He speaks, hesitantly, "I think I have some vague memories of seeing them when I was a leveret, but...well..." he sighs. "And I didn't have a terrible time with all of my family - my brothah, well, he always looked out fo'h me, o'h at least tried too. When he died I - well, I can only imagine it was a taste of what you've gone through."

Felicity lets him free his paw, and she shrugs the shoulder he isn't touching so he doesn't think she's trying to, well, shrug him off.  "Why would y'...spit in theih faces, so t'speak?  Why wouldn't they want y't'chase whotevah dream y' 'ad in y' 'eart?"  She shifts again, looking at her lap as she fiddles with a loose thread in the hem of her pants.  "M'mum was a Fightah.  Rachelle.  Da was Quickpaw, a Runnah, as was m'brothah David.  Y'prob'ly saw 'em.  They were some o' th'most popular 'ares in th'Mountain."  She pauses.  "They died shortly aftah I joined as a Recruit.  But they would've supported me if I 'adn't joined.  I can't see why anybeast's parents would care 'bout somethin' like tha'."  She finally glances at him again.  "Didn't remembah y' 'ad a brothah."

"Ah, well." Terrence leans back agains the pillows and bed frame again, mildly embarrassed. "I told them the whole lot of the patrol was full of, well," He mumbles the next part, "'Suicidally idiotic lumps of maggot-brains, I think I said. Then slammed the doo'h on my way out." He coughs. "I wondahed the shore fo'h a season o'h so...I was barely oldah than a leveret, really. As fo'h why the arguments, well, my own fathah was the type of hare even majah Varus didn't get along with." The sergeant moves his paw back to his side, falling quiet for some time. "My brothah..." He starts again, slowly, "He well, it's not surprising you don't remembah him - he died while I was away, which is what got me back to the mountain, actually. Died in a training accident when a recruit throw thei'h javelin incorrectly..."

Felicity pretends to be offended.  "We'h not all tha' bad...."  She then shakes her head sadly.  "Wow.  'M sorry.  Small wondah y'want everybeast t'leahn 'ow t'use theih weapons properly."  She grimaces slightly.  "Are you serious 'bout y'fathah?  Was 'e really tha' stern, so insistent 'bout y'joinin'?"  She's seriously trying to imagine it, but she really doesn't have the context for that kind of.....lack of love.

"Kind of, really." Terrence shrugs his shoulders. "It was always strange, really. I think he honestly believed if I set my mind to it I could've been a good officiah - like my brothah." He scrunches his snout. "Of course, he was a strange hare. Most of my, well," His voice drops to a whisper before he speaks again, "Dislike fo'h the way the Long Patrol is stems from him, I think." He speak louder as he says, "Of course, I can't deny he wasn't brave. Not in the slightest. But he was nevah that careful - hares undah his command always had high than usual loses."

Felicity's eyes widen.  "Oh my goodness...was 'e a berserker?  Wait..." her fingers start drumming a tempo on her knees.  "Whot was 'is name?  I've read a lot 'bout different 'ares o'er th'seasons....I seem t'remembah somethin'..."  and she off thinking again.  Shrugging, she turns to look at him, smiling slightly.  "If it means anythin', I think y'a good officah, although may'ap in a way different from y'brothah."  She means it, too.

"Terrence William Hector Cadwalladeh." Terrence says, with a slight grin despite himself. "The juniah at the end of my full name isn't just fo'h show, wot. And no, he wasn't a berserkah, just... very aggressive in his tactics." His smile grows more soft and he meets her eyes. "And thank you... I will say the same about you, even if it seems a bit cliche and whatnot..." With his good paw he rubs the back of his neck with an awkward chuckle.

Gregorian had only briefly stopped by the infirmary so far to ensure his Sargent was alive and he knew all the work that needed to be covered while Terrence was out of action. Since then he'd been busy. It was amazing how it all piled up. Today though he finally makes another appearance, speaking briefly to the healers and providing them with a box of empty bottles before he wanders off towards the pair "Sargents. Feelin' any bettah?"

Felicity grins.  "Oh, well, pretty sure I 'adn't really caught y'full name before, so 'm allowed t' 'ave no idea."  She blushes, but meets his gaze.  "Why, thank y'kindly, Terrence.  'Tis good t' 'ear tha'....I do worry...." she looks up to the Lieutenant as he comes up.  "Oh, 'llo, Sah.  I..." she gets that slightly distant look in her eyes.  "I'm 'bout th'same as I was befoh, y'know?  I do feel some bettah since talkin' t'th'2 o' ya, but I still....yeah.  Nightmare, flashbacks...'opefully 'twill all turn out okay."

Terrence chuckles again, "Ah, alright. I suppose you are allowed!" The still bed-ridden hare nods to Greg. "Sah, still breathing despite the hole in my chest." He looks and sounds far better than the first day he got back. "In all seriousness, I suppose I'm doing marginally bettah. Doesn't hurt to laugh o'h cough as much as it did." Of course, when Felicity mentions her nightmares and flashbacks again he shoots her a concerned look but refrains from saying anything. And, of course, he wonders what she was going to say before the Lt. came in...

Gregorian nods once to Felicity, pleased that she's sharing "The nightmares will fade with time, have faith in that. Good tah hear it's a little bettah, any step forward is an improvement" a tired smile for the doe and then he looks back to Terrence "Excellent, yah can enjoy the hilarious antics of this place without fear" he says dryly with sarcasm as the infirmary could rarely be described as hilarious.

Felicity nods.  "I 'ope so, sah."  She gathers up her papers from the bedside table, cracking a smile.  "Aye, may'ap they won't even tonic y', wot!"  She shuffles her papers, trying to get the edges even again.  "Who's trainin' y'division since y'only Sergeant's outta commission for a while, Sah?"  She avoids mentioning her doubts that he can since he has a peg leg.

Zolomon walks in, a VERY annoyed Old Major Pete is with him, "I say oh chap...I mean he missed one beast...I have no clue how de arrow even found your footpaw" He gets a glare and Zolomon quickly backs up as the old major limps in, an arrow clearly in his boot."Yeah it missed him...didn't miss me...mutter mutter mutter...."

"If I may sah," Terrence starts, before turning back to the doe, "...I was hoping you'd actually help, Felicity, if it's not too much of an issue." He shifts on the bed to make himself more comfortable. "Right now it's been left to Zolomon, I think, and well, eh... He's not exactly the most ideal...hare...fo'h safety..." Speak of the devil. "Corporal?" It seems at least one of his fears have been realized. "How in the blazes...?" The sergeant is in shock at the arrow in the old hare's foot, sitting upright. "What happened?!"

"I have been handlin' the main bulk of the trainin' for the division with the corporal takin' on wotevah additional duties are required" Greg replies to the pair and that might explain why he's particularly worn out this week but he raises an eyebrow with a small smile "Or do yah forget that I was a Sargent not so long ago? We didn't have a permanent lieutenant at the time eithah" admittedly then the major was handling a lot of the work too. He misses that. As soon as Zolomon arrives with the old hare Greg glances over and his expression sours "Wot in seasons name happened now?!" his frown darkens and he folds his arms but he lowers his voice to a warning mutter "Corporal, we're goin' tah have a talk latah about the frankly unacceptable amount of hares that get shot in yah lessons"

Felicity grins.  "A'right, sah, but if y'evah need 'elp, just 'ollah.  I can just mix 'em in wi' m'trainees an'...see....whot the seasons?!"  A Healer tentatively steps forward to help the retired Major.  The doe stands, setting her papers on Terrence's bunk.  The top page is all about toads, but it's unlikely anyone is going to be paying attention to that right now.  "Majah Pete, Sah, may'ap y'should sit down so th' 'Ealahs can 'elp y'?"

Zolomon frowns "Well...ya see it was when they were putting the arrows and bows away and Private Kole...and Recruit Pong was firing arrows into the sand so I said stop, the recruit went to salute and the arrow  went sailing into the air...umm...barely missed...someone" He leaves out who someone is, but does Pete? NOPE... "He barely missed Ciocan is who he barely missed the young whipper snapper...foolish hare...needs to keep arrows away from that lad ya do!" Zolomon sighs "It missed Lord C..." Old Pete glares and points to his footpaw as Zolomon nods "Yes...right it...missed him and found your...footpaw, that looks like it hurts." He gets a "YA YTHIINK!" And a wack on the head with  old Petes cane...ok that hurt as the old hare sits down, the healer has to slowly cut the booy off and blinks "Oh..."And the arrow ..somehow..by sheer luck! Is resting in beween the old Major's toes!!

Sinking low into his bed, Terrence lets out a groan. "Of course, of course. Sounds too bloody familiah fo'h me, though." The sergeant takes off his glasses, pinching the bridge of his nose. "How and why were the good majah and the blooming BADGEH LORD anywhere neah where the recruits were aiming? No offense to you, Majah Pete, of course."

"I don't care who it was!" Greg snaps at Zolomon "YAH are the one responsible for drillin' this in tah them but it feels like every week yah have anothah hare who's been shot! How long is it before they do some serious damage?! Teach them tah nevah have their bow pointed at anothah hare before the weeks end or I'll shoot yah in the foot myself!" he starts off at an angry mutter but by the end he's yelling at Zolomon. He's had a bad week, his temper is lost.

Felicity isn't really sure what to do right now, so she grabs her papers and kneels on the floor beside the elderly hare.  "Th'seasons an' fates be with y', Sah!  'Tis naught but a miracle!  I say, would it be 'elpful f'r me t'go an' get y'a new pair o' boots, Majah?"  She's just gonna focus on helping the old buck and let the others deal with the problem they're having in their division.

Zolomon frowns as his good ear droops as he listens to the Lt. and sighs "It was...when taking the longbow inside...thought they blooming put the arrow away...didn't...and..." Old Pete snorts...he then smiles sweetly at Felicity "New boots be nice lass, you're such a sweet lass."

"A good rule of thumb," Terrence's voice is considerably more calm than Greg's, but that might be more to do with his general exhaustion more than anything. Apparently. "Is to double check, corporal." The sergeant sighs, letting his head fall back on the pillows. He mutters something but its lost to the sounds of the room. Was it too much to ask for a bit of lasting peace once and a while? "Besides, like the Lt. said, you are thei'h corporal and in charge of the bow-happy idiots - you should take responsibility."

Gregorian growls out the words "I don't care. Fix it so it doesn't happen again" to Zolomon with a glare before he finally steps back, pinching the bridge of his nose with his paw. He's trying to calm down. It's not the easiest thing to do but he finally mutters to Felicity, still with his eyes closed "Yes, train the patrols tahgethah. I'll help yah with the extra numbahs whenevah I can"

Felicity nods to the old Major, smiling.  "O' course, Sah.  'M 'ere t' 'elp."  She stands, then nods to the Lieutenant.  "Aye, Sah, as y'say.  I'll need y'thah every time I train an' drill 'em, at least t'staht with.  I'll start 'em tomorrah, crack o' dawn, wi' m'division."  She turns back to the elderly hare.  "Be right back, Sah!"  And she's out the door at a jog (which, for her, is faster than that of most hares).

Zolomon sighs, he then salutes "I will have a chat with Private Kole and Recruit Pong before bed...sur" He waits till he is dismissed, he just wants out of here but he will speak to the two...trigger happy hares...meanwhile Old Pete stays seated where he is, the arrow did scratch up his toe a little but that's all, otherwise it's fine just a little missing skin on one side, could of been a lot worse...his boot though, that's another story as he frowns and then glares. "I know...3 hares who need ta clean de kitchens and dinning hall...I need 3 toothbrushes Greg my boy...and 3 buckets, that's a good lad"

"Unfortunately," Terrence begins, looking between Greg and Felicity, "I won't be out of here fo'h at least anothah week, and even then I'm not allowed physical training fo'h anothah two. So I can't help that much..." When Felicity makes her brief trip his face noticeably falls, but he quickly recovers, especially once he heard Old Pete. "With all due respect, sah," He begins, firmly, "The privates, at least, are in ou'h division, and as such we should be the ones to decide thei'h punishment."

Gregorian nods along to Felicity "Crack of dawn. They'll be there" and so will Greg. He sighs heavily, almost calm again "Pete" and yes, that's just Pete, not old Pete because Greg is old enough to remember before the old bit got added "Sense the mood, I'm in no mood tah play errand boy for yah tahday. They'll be dealt with...and I'll get them tah bring yah some new boots" another sigh and he wanders off a short distance away towards the healers.

Old Major Pete snorts "Fine...ya deal with em..." He hmms and walks off, with one boot and the old  boot on the floor... "No one takes my ideas...no one at all...young whipper snappers need a serious talking to on punishment...in my days...and age..." And he is off down the hall to somewhere. Zolomon will stay till he is dismissed and then leave as well...it's been an interesting day seems for all.

Felicity meets the Major with a new pair of boots for the elderly hare because she is not going to have him be wandering around the Mountain with nothing to protect his elderly feet.  She no longer has her papers because she made a quick stop by her bed to leave her papers there.  After giving the retiree his new footwear, she comes back to the Infirmary.  "Sah," she addresses the Lieutenant, "I'll be gettin' t'bed now, aftah I get m'sistah.  I'll see y'in th'mornin'."  She pulls some folded paper out of her pocket and hands a couple sheets each to Greg and Terrence.  "If y'ave any trouble 'ares, please write 'em down an' I'll look o'er 'em afore mustah tomorrah.  I make 'em eat a snack, then I do th'drills wi' 'em.  Keeps me fit, an' instills respect, since I'm doin' whot I make 'em do."  She waves to her friends, then exits to pick up her baby sister and get the both of them to bed.  Tomorrow is going to be a long day....

"Goodnight!" Terrence waves back, looking down at the paper after she leaves again. "Well, sah. That was an interesting turn of events..." With a sigh the sergeant sets the paper to one side. "Unfortunately the only majah 'problem' hares, as she put it, are the two 'Z's, as fah as I can tell."

Gregorian dismisses Zolomon on his way to the healers and after a moment of grumbling and muttered argument they finally start packing full bottles in to the box he'd brought in with him. Greg glances back to Terrence "Mm. Probably owe Zolomon an apology for the treatenin'" he's not exactly moving to do that though "Zeldove won't be joinin' in until his Lordship speaks tah her...assumin' she survives the meetin' with her job" he shakes his head and sighs again "Nevah rains but it pours. Take yah rest. Let me know if yah need a book or six tah keep yah sane" box finally full he picks it up again to  head back towards the door.

Terrence nods. "I think I'm good for now, but I'll mention it if I need one, sah." He doesn't comment further on Zolomon or Zeldove, instead sinking back into the sheets and pillows after taking his spectacles off. "Anyway, good night. I intend to get a bit of rest, because goodness knows I'll need it soon..."

Zeldove is only in here to have her ankle checked, and see how the two cracked ribs are healing. She tenses as the healer checks on her and rewraps the ribs tightly, the ankle seems ok "Try to walk" She frowns but  does walk, a small limp and sits down" The healer nods "You are free to leave the infirm and need to go to your barracks till his Lordship calls for you" She nods and frowns as the healer goes to tend to some things.

Terrence hadn't been able to sleep, so he was sitting upright in bed doing his best at writing on the paper Felicity had left him. As his right paw is currently useless, the sergeant is struggling with his left - the sacrifice of many lines of writing are scratched out. Of course, once he hears Zeldove's voice he calls her over. "Zeldove? Mind coming in here fo'h a sec?"

Zeldove had muttered a few words, she frowns at Terrence  but does go over least she get in trouble for  ignoring an officer, a short limp, a salute... "Sur..." She frowns "I am..." Her ears droop and a couple tears fall but she stays where she is, he likely knows she is off duty and on house arrest basically. Not in a unit at all.

"Yes, I know." He had heard. "How are you doing?" Terrence asks, peering at her over his spectacles and setting the paper to one side.

Zeldove isn't sure what to say "I..." She frowns "I don't...know..." She takes a deep breath, "I am....s..sorry sur, I didn't mean to talk back or say rude things to you and the Lt...I didn't mean to run off to Halyard, I was..s...stupid to do so and I know I risk...being kicked out"

The sergeant doesn't immediately respond. "Considering the lengths we went to get you back, I think you're forgiven." Terrence sighs, "But you did run off. Oh well. All you can do now is do what you need to do."

Zeldove says, "S..Speak to Ciocan..." She is worried "That's like...bad right? When he  wants to chat with you?"

"To speak the truth," Terrence fixes her with a hard look. "I can't say. Most othahs - Felicity, Greg, Zolomon... They all respect him fo'h a reason, and seem rathah fond of the ol'badgah. But the numbah of conversations I've had with the creature I can count on one paw."

Zeldove frowns as she looks around, seeming more worried "He is...is the...one in charge, he can throw anyone out and he is a little...scary" To her anyways, right now for sure. "Zolomon said he banished a hare once...wot if he does that to me? I..I don't want to leave the p..patrol."

With a laugh Terrence sits up more. "Of course he's bloody scary - he's a badgah! I'd question you'h state of mind if you didn't find him scary." He lets out a long sigh. "But yes. Of course, that particulah hare the corporal mentioned quite literally killed a hare and tried again - twice, if I heard the story correctly. You haven't done anything nearly as bad, now have you?" The sergeant lets a smile creep onto his face. "Unless you've been having fah more adventures than I know of, of course."

Zeldove says, "I have not tried to kill...anyone or hurt...anyone...though that old Major said I killed his mug, there was even a funeral for the mug. I...yes back talked and I  ran off when I should of been doing my clean the dishes punishment." She frowns "Wot if I am told to pack up and go home? I...wot about..."

"Old Pete is retired." Terrence leans forward, looking at Zeldove intently. "As in, he is not on duty and as such his ordahs are not as important as say mine o'h Lt. Greg's. It was  a mug, nothing more." Taking off his spectacles and rubbing his face with his good paw, he says, in a more serious tone, "As fo'h what the badgah lord might and might not say to you, let me tell you this - I do not believe he has the heart to send you packing." Or the will, he thought, but kept that to himself. "Just don't say anything stupid o'h rude and you'll be fine."

Zeldove nods, she is likely just gonna listen carefully, tell her side of what happened "I...want to stay here, I do. I can even never go to Halyard again and...stick to the beach for  any time off" Her luck she will not have time off for a long time. "I also am..." She stops there and just sits down for now. She is gonna feel trapped in her  room, likely have meals brought to her.

There's an expression of irritation that drifts over Terrence's face but it disappears soon enough. "To be frank I will have a word with the brass about you'h punishment, I think, as neithah I o'h, more importantly, Lt. Greg were consulted about it. Whatevah you'h feelings are, we do need hares. There's less than fifty on active duty, I believe, and I feah that if, say, the mountain were to be attacked by vermin the small amount of us would have a very hard time with them..."

Zeldove frowns "Let's...hope that wouldn't...happen...what about the...stoat? He is in the cell still...right?" Maybe a little worried. "I also...want to stay...cause..." She has thought on it, more so with the fear of maybe being kicked out... "I...I love Zolomon...and...if I had to go...I would miss him badly..."

"The stoat will be fine. I still intend to... question him." Terrence mutters, sinking into his pillows again as she talks. "Ah. Right. Good fo'h you."  The sergeant really doesn't want details on his subordinates' love-life, yet this isn't the first time one of the 'Zs', as he's nicknamed them, has confessed to loving the other. "Goodness me, but Zeldove? Do me a favah when you get back in the patrol– keep you'h relationship with Zolomon strictly off-duty, please. Some privates already snickah at you two, and I don't need anymore."

Zeldove frowns, but nods "Yes sur..." She just hopes she is in able to stay in the Patrol "If I am...able to stay...maybe I can still with archery or is it better that...Zolomon do that he...is a Corporal I know."

"Maybe, Zeldove, maybe." Terrence relaxes, putting his spectacles back on and sitting upright again. "As fo'h you'h archery - in time. Right now I think I might just put in a request to suspend archery practice until the new training's done, especially with the accident today. So you needn't worry 'bout you'h bow skills fo'h a bit."

Zeldove frowns "Accident?" She decides to not ask, she sighs as she nods and heads to her room, where she has to stay till further notice. Worry does show on her face, a couple reasons now maybe.

I play Atticus, John, Lossow, Terrence, and Spruce
The Long Patrol Landing Page!
Usually on the MUCK Saturdays + Monday & Wednesday evenings if I have the time
Fastest way to reach me is via my Discord: Luke_SkyOtter#1438

Board footer