Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-01-23 07:26:52 PM

oz

Winter of The Deep Snow-Redwall Log 1-23-20

**It's Long...you been warned ***

WHO:

Gorvenalus- Redwall Abbey Recorder

Benar-Abbot of Redwall

Matilda- Champion of Redwall

John- Visiting warrior Squirrel

Vilfred- Log-A-Log

Leigh- Healer  shrew of the GOUSIM

Gaheris- Skipper of The Camp Willow Otters

Krisha- Badger Mother of Redwall

Xander- Leader of Mossflower Defenders/ Owner of the Redthorn Tavern

Lacota-Frair of Redwall

Nardo- Master Healer of Ferrravale

Cota- Teen mouse at Redwall

Dorarose-Gatekeeper of Redwall

Angela- Healer at Redwall

Lilymoore- Bellringer at Redwall

Blisa- Chieftain of Ferravale

-Some spoofs of Camp Willow Otters

-Some spoofs of GOUSIM shrews

-Some other beasts were there as well from Ferravale and there was Abbey dibbuns, novice, elders,brothers and sisters of the order.....and other guests too!!!

LOG:

RW Abbey: Great Hall
==================================
The Great Hall of Redwall Abbey. Countless paw falls have echoed from these stones, and untold numbers of feasts and merry gatherings have been held here.  A table, not nearly so grand or large as its predecessors, but quite functional for mealtimes, rests near the center of the hall. Chairs exist here aplenty, and they are all of a matching set. High above, the stain glass windows give the Great Hall a beautiful appearance.  The glasswork is exceptionally done, crafted by a skilled artist.  The floor is clean and swept. A fire is kept burning in the fireplace at almost all times of the day and night, and there are several more comfortable chairs and cushions set up here, of varying sizes. One looks large enough to easily accommodate a badger.

The Tapestry hangs proud and tall, and while the rest of Redwall may still bear the scars of natural disaster, this most famous of Redwall's relics remains unharmed by beast, time, or the elements. The figure of Martin the Warrior seems to be watching over his own with an unchanging, kindly gaze.

Soft light is slowly beginning to filter in through the stained glass windows high above your head.   
The Great Hall is ready for the Winter Feast. Tables and chairs lined up and ready with all sorts of food and drink and beasts slowly make their way into the room to be ready for it to start. Abbey cooks bring more food and drink and make sure all is ready to start.Abbey elders sit at the main table.
====================================   

Krisha walks in, slightly late but a couple dibbuns did decide to act up at the last moment, luckily she got them to behave and gets them seated.She sits by them as well as Sister Anna and Sister Ginny are here to help with the dibbuns also.

Gorvenalus is already here, seated at the main table and has his log book ready to record anything that's needed to know.He smiles at a couple guests as they enter and gives a nod to the Badger Mother.   

DoraRose has taken part of the feast off from guard duty, and she has forced Angela to take a break from the Infirmary, too.  They enter the room with LilyMoore close behind, wearing matching navy blue dresses with fancy black embroidery on the bodices and around the bottoms of the sleeves and skirt.  They choose seats, and Emyuil hurries in, wearing a cream tunic, black pants, and a vest that matches their dresses.  He looks displeased with his outfit, but is being a good sport about it because of his family.  Angela had also sent such an outfit to Cota, but it's unknown if he wore it.

Nissaya the albino otter is nowhere to be seen, having taken over the Infirm so Angela can go to the feast with her family.  Zarok the monitor lizard and his newt friend Terfil are also here, dressed in their simple robes that show they are Brothers of the Order of Redwall.  They take seats right by DoraRose.  Butterclaw the Sparra is also here, a cheery red ribbon tied around his neck in a bow.  He sits beside his best friend, Lily.

Blisa had received an invite to the feast, and of /course/ she accepted it!  She is here, wearing her fancy black long sleeved dress covered in black embroidery.  Her bodyguards Ferdinand the ferret, Valerie the vixen, Hank the fox, and Clarissa the rat are also here, dressed in their best dress uniforms.  All their weapons are of course in the storage -- they wouldn't insult their greatest allies like that.  Statler the stoat and Waldo the weasel stayed home to guard the Ferravale Chieftain's house.

Cota helped out in the kitchens and peeks out now, when he is given the ok to go sit down he smiles and goes ahead to sit down at a table with his family.   

Vilfred was helped down the steps by his shrews since he had a broken right leg. The GOUSIM find a place to sit down and wait for the feast to start.   

Leigh comes along not too far behind the other shrews.

Matilda enters quietly and goes to take a seat at the main  table

A group of otters traveled in from Camp Willow late the previous day. They brought with them the gift of a large fish freshly caught specially. They'd got to the feast early and were sat down, talking amongst themselves with the Skipper, Gaheris, sat quietly between them watching the crowds taking their seats.

For the first time since he was but a teen, John is present. The squirrel had always been away during Redwall's feasts (or he'd just outright avoid them), but he is here now, searching for somewhere to sit. Of course, he's staying clear of the shrews, wary of their potential ruckus, and sits at the middle of the table, in what he hopes is a neutral placement and not someone's spot.

Benar makes his way to the main table and smiles as he greets every beast. "Hello my friends and welcome to this Winter Feast, I know we did not have the Autumn feast due to an injury I had, but we are having the winter feast."He smiles "Let us give thanks for what we have, to friends and family and for being here"

Krisha bows her head as the prayer for the feast is given, one dibbun mutters and is given..the look..and they go quiet rather quickly.

As soon as the Abbot arrives at his chair Friar Lacota appears with two novices pushing a large cart on which is set the fish brought by the Otters. Its delicious smell wafts through the air as it nears the main table.

Matilda bows quietly.

Gorvenalus sits his log book aside and waits quietly , also bowing his head.   

Vilfred nods, he and his shrews stay quiet as a prayer is given for the meal.   

The otters quiet down as it looks like things are getting started and most take their cue from everyone else to bow their heads, at least until the food comes out and they're distracted by that.   

John gives a small wave to the Friar, really one of the few beasts here he'd call a friend, and opens his mouth as if to say something. He stops himself when he see the abbey creatures all bow their head, and, after a confused second or two, remembers /why/ they're all doing it and the squirrel copies them with a sheepish grin.   

Benar quietly says a prayer and then smiles as he opens his eyes and picks up a mug, lifting it" I welcome you to...The Winter of the Early Snow...let the feast begin!"   

Lacota continues to direct that big fish over to the main table, where novices will start cutting off bits to serve to the Abbeybeasts and their guests. Other delicacies are being brought out, too, like hotroot soup for the otters, and Deeper 'n' ever, Turnip 'n' Tater 'n' Beetroot Pie for the moles. Raspberry Fizz and October Ale are on tap for drinks, and Strawberry Tarts and a great big carrot cake and assortment of pies for dessert.

Krisha raises a mug and then makes sure the dibbuns get what they want and some juice to drink, Sister Anna helps her out and then she gets her own plate of food picking out some fish, a couple tarts, some salad and to drink has some tea, just to be on the safe side as she is pregnant , but its not due to around autumn season.

Gorvenalus writes down the name of the season in the log book, as well as a couple other details before closing the book and laying it aside so he can go get himself a plate of food and some ale.   

Cota smiles and goes to get some tarts and pie, and some soup and sald as well, and some thing to drink.

The otters don't need telling twice and raise their mugs too as the chatter starts instantly as the feast begins. The Skipper chuckles faintly at their enthusiasm and lets them fill their plates while he gets up, moving away from the group a bit to get a bit of the fish while the others are distracted by the rest of the food. He raises his drink briefly to Lacota with a small nod as a silent thanks for the food.

Vilfred sighs as of course his shrews will not let him go get his own plate, he shrugs as they mean well so he will let them help him as he grins "Thanks for the help yes, now get your own plates...go on"The other shrews do so. Lyra sits beside the Log-A-Log and as the other shrews get their food they too will sit close to the Log-A-Log.The Log-a-Log raises his mug and drinks his ale slowly as he looks around, looks like a good feast this season.   

Taking a long swig from his mug, John gets up to fill his own plate and does his best to sample everything. Once sitting back down, he tucks in- in between eating he tries to strike up conversation with whoever's nearby. "So, 'bout that season name. 'Tis early snow, wouldn' th'winter be named f'somethin' that happened in autumn, eh?" He chuckles, taking another bite.   

Benar smiles as he gets himself a plate of food and some ale and then goes to sit back down in his chair.He smiles as he watches the others enjoy the feast.   

Matilda gets some food and drink and sits down, talking at times and other times just  quietly enjoying the evening.

Krisha shrugs "This winter so far has been one of the most cold and the snow was rather early."She takes a bite of fish" Also we didn't have an Autumn one like we normally do"   

Lacota oversees the serving of the food, before he finally makes his way to a chair, coincidentally nearby John's spot. "I see you came this time..."   

Xander slips in as quiet as he can and frowns, great he was late but its fine he decides as he did take an unexpected nap.He finds a place to sit down after he gets himself a bit of cake, some pasties, some fish, even a little vegetable mix of some sort and of course October Ale.

Gorvenalus smiles as he speaks to Benar "It looks like Camp Willow and the Gousim both were able to come, I am glad of that, I believe...yes we even have some from Ferravale that's come"   

Cota looks around "There is a lot of beasts here"He frowns a little as he frowns "Wish dad could of come, he's in Halyard"   

Gaheris recognises Vilfred pretty easily from the pike trouble they took care of together and after he's secured some fish before it's all gone the Skipper heads for the Log-a-log "I see y'keepin' in trouble, mate" he nods at the shrews' broken leg.   

One beast who wasn't sure if he would come, is Nardo..Master Healer of Ferrvale..but he is here and slips in, gets a little fish and some salad and sits near the Ferravale beasts.

Benar nods as he smiles "I see and I am glad they are here, it's good to have our friends and allies here with us to also enjoy the feast."   

Vilfred looks up and chuckles "Skipper it is being you....oh yeah, de leg is broken...seems I fell threw a floor , not here elsewhere but I am ok, we shrews are going to stay here at the abbey till Spring, then back to our camp we will go" The other shrew nod in agreement at the going back to camp.   

"Aye, seems I have, Lacota, haven't I?" John replies, setting his mug down. "An' you're probably right there, Badgermother. But I'm no' so used to these things." The squirrel goes back to eating, but does wave again to Xander in greeting. "Hullo there!"   

Krisha quietly eats her food and finally speaks to Xader "So..why are you late?"She is for now calm, but one never knows her mood could change   

Lacota digs into his serving of fish. Sizzled to perfection, indeed. "Mmm, well, I'm glad to see you here..." He waves Cota over. "Lad, come over here..."   

Gorvenalus quitly eats his meal, he smiles as some squirrels come in to juggle some apples and plates, he glaces around to see who is all here."A good deal has happen the last few seasons, lucky nothing too major the last couple seasons."   

Cota sips a little juice and when Lacota calls him over he stands to go over towards him "Y..Yes sir?" He tries to remember if he has done anything to be in trouble, he hasn't..PJ had but it seems PJ is not at the feast today. Nardo just keeps to himself mostly, he does speak to a couple healers when they go to talk to him.

Gaheris stops by the shrews to stand there and eat as he talks "Y'must 'eavier than y'look!" he jokes to the Log-a-log "Y'picked a good place t'spend the cold times. Good place t'ave a broken leg too. They reckon it'll take long t'fix? I can't imagine 'avin' t'stop and take it easy while waitin' fer it t'heal"   

Vilfred nods "It is being good place yes and ..few weeks but being here is..good to let it heal, and thinking floor was old, was an old mill"He doesn't go into details right now, in fact he rather just not speak too much of it right now,it can wait"I not being doing much"He chuckles as he points to his fellow shrews "They will not be letting me do much"   

Benar gets up to go check on Krisha and Xander" I hope you two are doing well and it is ok to be a little late to a feast, you both are here with friends and that is what matters"   

Finishing his drink, John nods. "As am I..." Without further words, he starts eating in earnest, enjoying his meal and watches the interaction between the Friar and Cota quietly.   

Xander nods, he replies to Krisha "Sorry...just overslept" And he did "I was helping to move some tables and chairs in, and then layed down and sort of..fell asleep"He smiles a little now "I am glad to be here Abbot" He waves to John now "Hey..."   

Krisha nods "I am doing good and feeling better since last couple weeks" She sighs at Xander but smiles "Your forgiven dear, just next time try to not be late...ok"   

Lacota gestures Cota closer. "John, I don't recall... Have you met my grandson or not?"   

Gorvenalus chuckles at the badgers, he gets a little more ale for himself before sitting back down.   

Cota looks unsure but does get closer and nods "Hello sir..I am Cota...my mother was Cynthia and my father is Brother Caleb"   

Gaheris chuckles and glances at the other shrews "Aye, there's y'downside t'bein' liked as a leader. Y'think yer in charge but then they go overrulin' y'fer yer own good. Y'only got as much power as they let y'ave" he glances around at the crowds of beasts and the jugglers "Y'been t'one of their feasts before?"   

Benar nods "Well...I am glad your feeling better Mother Krisha."He nods to the two badgers and goes to check on the Skipper, greeting him with a smile "I am also glad to see you and your otters today Skipper, How are things at Camp Willow?"   

Vilfred nods to the Skipper, he will chat with him some more as the night goes on, and likely chat with the abbot as well.He will stay late and then him and his shrews will head to bed for the night.   

"No' formally, no." John laughs, dipping his head to Cota. "I know your name, lad, but it's good t'finally meet you myself, it is." He smiles, offering a paw. "I'm more familiar with your grandparents, but your parents were always good t'me, they were."

Xander watches at the abbot goes on to speak to the otters and shrews and leans back in his chair"Think this feast is for sure making up for the fact we didn't have one in Autumn"He chuckles "Maybe it should be Winter of the Deep Snow instead, surely been a lot of snow and cold"   

Lacota smiles faintly. "Aye, well, I never pictured myself as the family type, but, well... I wouldn't trade it for the world."

Krisha smiles "Me as well"She drinks her tea and smiles at Xander "Xander can you be a dear and get me some fish, but add hot root to it and maybe some honey..oh and more strawberry mint tea be nice as well"   

Gorvenalus is already here, seated at the main table and has his log book ready to record anything thats needed to know.He smiles at a couple guests as they enter and gives a nod to the Badger Mother.   

Gorvenalus smiles "Winter of the deep snow....maybe but that's up to Benar on a title change, not me"   

Cota smiles a little "Yes my grand ma is Dorarose...she is here with Nana Angela.."He frowns "Grandfather......is.."He frowns his Grandfather was none other than former Master Healer Brother Leon.   

Nardo blinks and snorts "Too much snow indeed I say and probably more before its over.."   

Gaheris glances to the abbot as the squirrel appears and he nods a greetin' "'ey abbot. Y'got a good spread out as always. Ah, the camp's fine. Blissfully quiet winter, we're all set up n'comfy inside back 'ome. Some folks really fancied a feast though, enough t'come through the snow"   

Benar looks over at the beasts discussing titles and chuckles a little " Winter of the Deep Snow, hmmms I like it and it does fit better, so be it.."He can change the title, he is the abbot. He nods to the Skipper "You and your otters are always welcome Skipper and I have been glad for the quiet winter, cold yes but it has seemed trouble free other than some extra snow and cold."He nods to the shrews "And glad to have you here as well my friends and glad our champion was able to find your Log-A-Log and make sure he was here for the feast"   

Krisha smiles, she likes the season name"I like Winter of the Deep Snow more too, good reason to be inside and be with friends and family"Though the dibbuns do get a little restless inside, she has let them have some periods of watched time outside like the open ground and then its back inside after a little winter fun.   

Xander frowns, he gets up and gets what Krisha wanted and sits it down in front of her, he got himself some veggie soup.   

Gorvenalus smiles, he fixes the name and chuckles. .He drinks a little ale and gets some cake.The feast seems to be going well as beasts chat and eat.   

Halfway through the feast, DoraRose slips away, along with all the guards in here.  After changing their clothes into something a bit more reasonable for fighting, they relieve the guards who are still on duty so they, too, can join the fun.  LilyMoore helps get the Dibbuns to bed, then returns to hang out with her family and friends.  Everyone else stays here until the feast is all over, at which point they go to bed.

John stops eating for a moment, looking Cota over. "Aye, I know 'em. Honestly rather strange t'think o' her an' Leon as grandparents, yet here we are. Well, here /you/ are, eh?" With a chuckle he gestures with his mug over to the Frair. "But that ol' busybody's always seemed t'be some beast's grandpa, even when I were young!" He winks to let Locata know he's joking - for the most part.   

Gaheris chuckles "If all y'ave t'worry about is the weather in winter y'avin' a good season!" he's suddenly distracted as a beast carries a big pie past "Ooh, y'will 'ave t'excuse me!" he says before he wanders off in pursuit of the pie.   

Benar smiles as he nods "A quiet season is always welcomed indeed"   

Gorvenalus writes a couple other things down in the logs, one being of course the season name.He closes the book a final time for the night and shall remember other things to add later when he does a more informational entry.   

Various novices are starting to clear away used dishes. Lacota, meanwhile, harrumps a little, but he's not perturbed. "I swear, I'm not that old," he says.   

Xander is mainly quiet and glaces over at Lacota as he sips some ale.   

Cota says, "I think there is older beasts...yeah..right?""   

Benar smiles as he goes to speak to Lacota "I believe this feast went very well Friar Lacota, very well indeed and we have many guests..even some surprise ones"

Benar smiles as he goes to speak to Lacota "I believe this feast went very well Friar Lacota, very well indeed and we have many guests..even some surprise ones"   

Nodding, John starts to stand. "Well, o'course there are, Cota! Just don' know any off h'top o'm'head." He snorts, but soon sobers up. "Well, Locata, Xander, Cota, an' good father Abbot, I'm thinking I might head ou' fo' th'night. Were a very good feast, frier, it were. An' you're no' that old, yet."

Lacota nods at Benar. "Why thank you. I couldn't have done it without Skipper and his otters. That fish was truly spectacular." He turns, and pats Cota on the shoulder. "Aye, you're very right. Why, Brother Gorvenalus, for one, is far older than myself..."

Gorvenalus over hears the Friar and chuckles, but he doesn't say anything on it, he is fairly old but in  very good shape for his age.

Krisha has ended up falling sleep, Sister Anna taps Xander and points to her, a smile as she and Sister Ginny can tend to the dibbun, and a couple of them are asleep too looks like.

Xander smiles, he glaces at Krisha and notices her asleep, he will take the time to make sure she gets to bed before coming back down the steps and goes on over to where Lacota is and nods a hello, "Hey Friar"He says quietly.

Benar smiles and goes to mingle with other beasts, a hello here and another hello there before sitting down again with another small plate of food.

Cota smiles, he decides to sit down by Lacota for now, he smiles though "Did you here my dad  has his own Cafe in Halyard or  least will soon."

Lacota nods toward Xander. "How much did Krisha have to bribe you for to get you to attend, hmm?" He pours himself a cup of raspberry fizz, then looks over at Cota. "I had not heard," he replies, "But it doesn't surprise me. He always did have a knack for cooking..."

Gorvenalus yawns a little but stays at the feast still, he even gets up to chat with some of the beasts still in the Great Hall.

Xander smiles "Well...not..that much and gonna be at the abbey more often...need to be"He smiles "She is...gonna have a dibbun, not till like Autumn if all goes well...so me and her will be parents...again"

Cota smiles and nods "And I am gonna stay here and either be a novice...or maybe a warrior even one day, not sure which yet"

Nardo gets some pie and fish and heads up to a more quiet place, he  has decided to do a little more  coping of notes for the book he is helping Angela with, then he can go to sleep.

Lacota nods at Cota. "Good lad. You've got plenty of seasons to decide..."

Gorvenalus smiles "Either is fine just think long and hard on your choice as its  a lifelong choice to make young one"

Xander frowns "A warrior is not always the best..choice."

Cota looks between them "But warriors protect beasts in need and help others, and they are never afraid of anything at all"
"Never afraid?" Lacota asks, "Do you think Martin or Matthias or Mattimeo were never afraid? Being afraid, and admitting that you are afraid, are signs of courage."

Xander listens as the two speak, he quietly speaks "I..been afraid of things, and not always beasts either."

Cota frowns he always pictured warriors as just brave and not afraid of anyone "But...why say your afraid for?"

Xander will let Lacota speak to the young mouse as he  needs to get some rest and check on Krisha so he quietly heads on up the steps as things seem to be drawing to a close...for the most part,  with the feast.

Gorvenalus quietly sits down after speaking to some beasts, he even helped  clean up a little and now he writes in the log book, and sips a little tea as he does so,

Lacota thinks. "Ah, well... It's because being afraid of some things is normal. Anybeast who claims they've never been scared is most likely lying."

Cota watches as Xander heads off and back to Lacota "Like the..dark or being lost? I was afraid of this lizard one time..he was scary looking"

Gorvenalus stands up and smiles "I am gonna head off to bed, see you two tomorrow...goodnight"

Lacota nods his head. "Something like that," he says. "It's perfectly normal." The room is quieting down as beasts filter out, and novices begin the clean-up.   

Cota nods "But...so warriors can be afraid too?"

Lacota mhmms. "Yes. And it takes honest maturity for them to admit it, too."

Cota nods slowly "I..could just be a novice too, maybe learn to be a healer as they are important as well"   

Lacota mmms, moving to stand and help the other novices clean up. "That's a good option, too, but I won't influence you. That's your choice to make, Lad."   

Cota smiles and then , if he can, he goes to hug Lacota "I am glad your still around Grandfather."   

Lacota hugs the younger mouse. "Me too. I don't want to go anywhere, and I'm not going to anytime soon..."

Last edited by oz (2020-01-23 08:32:36 PM)

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

#2 2020-01-25 02:50:44 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Re: Winter of The Deep Snow-Redwall Log 1-23-20

That was fun big_smile

Thanks for spoofing my poses for this.  I feel I should add that LilyMoore didn't eat any of the fish or hotroot soup; she's a vegetarian.  It doesn't affect anything in the log, I just wanted to say it.  The chars who know Lily would be aware of her food choices smile

The end with Cota and Lacota was sweet smile

Gaheris going after the pie was funny xD

Board footer