Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-12-24 10:08:28 AM

Karth Riverbark

Did Ya Know...I was Falling In Love With Ya-Redwall/ LP Log

Ewan Benjamin Delaney Tanner Mosswell Jahveri-ME-Residenal LP Redwall Hare/ Fighter and Private in LP

Zeldove Swiftheart-Fighter/ Archer of Mossflower Defenders

Spoofed vermin-A fox and 2 weasels

Spoffed woodlanders- A family of 3 squirrels

LOG:

Winter was always cold, this season was the coldest yet and one would think no one would want to travel in this, but travel at times happens when one is looking for warmth, and that was the case of the three beasts walking ever closer to Redwall Abbey, a family of squirrels who had lost their home, the roof caved in, luckily no one was inside but the home was unlivable and they heard of Redwall where others had taken shelter for the winter, so they headed that way.

One would also think vermin would be smarter and stay inside, but that wasn’t the case for a fox and his two weasel friends, they were out to cause trouble, rob beasts and maybe find some slaves for big coinage, and the three vermin spotted the  three woodlanders as their leader smirked and they quickly went to ambush them.

Ewan was out walking, wrapped in his thick cloak “This was not the time to crave something, it could have waited..till like spring”

Zeldove chuckled as she waved the package in front of Ewan “Well Ferravale is the only place that has a vendor with Chocolate covered  oranges and HA...I got the last two of the season, like others have to wait a whole ..wot..3-4 seasons”

Meanwhile not too far down the road, slightly south of the Black Gull ...the three squirrels were surrounded by vermin, a mother and father and small babe huddled together in fear.

“What do we have here..hmmm ...possible slaves, well maybe not so much the babe, but the other two..slaves bring a mighty nice bit of gold up north”

“Or south” Says one of the other vermin “There is a slaver group there or so I heard, some island”

“Please ...leave us alone” The father cried..

“Let me think on it.”The fox said as his tail swayed back and forth “Umm ...no” He grined.”Take them.”

The mother squirrel screamed

Ewan shakes his head “Wot..ever…”His ears perked “Was that a scream?”

Zeldove grined and then  quickly put the package in his pack and got her longbow off her shoulders “Yep...let’s go see wot is up Ewan”

The fox sneered as he and the two weasels had the squirrels surrounded, a chuckle”Don't fret..your be out of the cold soon at our campsite and I am sure your like the south, it’s a lot warmer thar”

The squirrels looked hopeless as they were surrounded, it would seem their lives were heading to a sad time.

That’s when an arrow came threw the air and struck a weasel in the throat, the weasel fell over dead, leaving just one and the fox.

Ewan was not much of a fighter  but had his moments to be brave, he was a Long Patrol hare after all. He went forwards while the fox and weasel was distracted and  saber in paw swinged at the fox, hopefully the weasel would be taken care of by Zeldove.

The fox was indeed surprised and the hare  got a good slice to the fox’s shoulder and collarbone, the fox snarled and got out his long sword and sidestepped and stabbed towards the hare.

Zeldove focused on the 2nd weasel and fired off her longbow, her aim was deadly when she was calm and focused.

The squirrels watched as the hares showed up and the father pulls his mate and child to the side of the road, safe out of the way of the fighting weather it ended well or not he was not placing his family in the middle of a battle.

Ewan was proving to be a skilled fighter and had an odd focused calm as he seemed to dance around the fox, the fox’s blade did leave a mark on his arm, he would have to have that tended to, he narrows his eyes and angles the blade as he goes to stab the fox in the side

The weasel falls dead, that leaves the fox who is still fighting Ewan.He blocks the hare’s blade and the hare seems to block his,  he does get a slice at the hare and the hare gets a slice in at him as well, the fox pants and then gasps in shock as the blade sinks into his side, it sinks deep into his  midsection as he staggers back and to the ground  the white snow turning a bright red as he tries to get up and fails.

The squirrels watched from the side of the road, still in a bit of shock, is the fox dead? Are they safe?

Zeldove walks over to the squirrels and smiles “Hallo ya lot, I am Zeldove and that is me friend Ewan, he is a Long Patrol hare”

Ewan pants as he looks at his arm, a line of red and one on his ear and side,but none deep.He looks at the fox “Taking innocent creatures as slaves is wrong...also don’t mess with a Long Patrol hare, it ends badly…”But also being at Redwall he might be willing to help the fox, he isn’t sure,”I will give you a choice...you can be treated at the abbey or...just lie thar and hope some other..friend of yours comes.”He glances over at Zeldove and the squirrels “Zeldove, get them to the abbey I will be thar soon”

The fox listens, a small snarl as he again tries to stand, falls.He watches the hare close as it turns to talk to the other hare and he forces himself to stand on a broken leg, his side pouring blood as he grips his blade and smiles coldly, he uses the last of his strength to  go to grab the hare by the shoulder blade and tighten his grip,at the same time the other paw grips the longsword and goes to plunge it into the hare’s back!He speaks a few words in a cold cruel voice “Ya..were a Long Patrol Hare…”

The squirrels smile as they are free now, all seems well till the squirrel mother eyes go wide  as she looks at the road.

Zeldove turns quickly and grips the longbow she has in shock and horror “Ewan!!!!”

Ewan reaction is clear shock, then you would be in shock as well, first the intense pain and the fact a blade is now coming from his chest,he drops his saber and just sort of stands there as red drops fall to the snow, making an unwanted pattern of red and white, if he hears Zeldove he is not showing it right now.

The fox sneers as he speaks to the hare, “You..lose..”He rips the blade out and steps back, this likely will cause Ewan to  fall, he looks at the other hare and the squirrels and chuckles “Awwwwww…..was he a friend, hmmm ...well “ Hare blood still on his blade “ Your next…..”

Zeldove just aims, fires her arrow straight at the fox, tears going down her face like a river, she says not a word,she just aims and fires.

Ewan hits the snow covered ground and is somehow still alive, though barely alive as some many thoughts seem to cross his mind, strange to think anything this close to death,he doesn’t try to move or get up as he can feel himself fading, he slowly turns his head towards where he knows Zeldove and the squirrel family is.

The squirrels stay where they are, fear again showing in their eyes.

The fox takes a step, it ends up being his last step as the arrow finds its mark and sinks into his heart, it's an instant kill as the fox falls sideways and into the ditch, dead...never to harm another again.

Zeldove drops her bow and rushes over to Ewan..”Ewan!!” She carefully supports his head and checks the wound, ohhh that looks bad, “Ewan...say something..please.. I..I can…”She looks at the squirrel “Run to the abbey, get a healer!!!”

The squirrels nod and rush to the abbey, it’s not too far and they do make it, they do find a healer on duty...but will they make it in time.

Ewan vision is fading as he  focuses on the haremaid..”Z..Z...Zeldove ...did ya...know...I..I think...no know...I was..f..falling in Love with..you….”Those end up his last words as his eyes close and his head slumps to the side, a paw he tried to reach out falls to the ground, a brave heart stops beating, a final breath is taken and the life of a hare ends.

Zeldoves eyes widen, she then panics when his eyes close “Ewan?...EWAN!!!!!!”

A healer makes it to where the hares are, but they are only meet with a sobbing,weeping hare maid as she holds Ewan close to her, it’s clear they are too late. Zeldove finally sees them and lays Ewan down gently as if she was laying a babe to sleep and stands up, tear lines in her fur.”He..he needs inside..it’s too cold out here for him to be...we can get him inside and...and then...I can..”She frowns.”I can tell his friends..news”

The healer nods and some help is gotten to get Ewan inside the abbey, a funeral would happen in a couple days time.

Zeldove meanwhile stays, least till then and gets supplies and lets the abbey beast know she is gonna take this news to Salamandastron, it’s the least she can do, maybe join the Long Patrol as a way to..honor Ewan,  she did not know it but she was falling in love with him as well and this just feels like a part of her was just ripped away and it hurts so so much. She takes a deep breath and starts  her journey, towards the Western shores, yes she knows the way as she heard Ewan speak highly of it so often.

The squirrel family decides to live at the abbey

Ewan gets a grave in the Abbey Graveyard, close to the Long Patrol memorial they have from the Siege of Ormaz.

Last edited by Karth Riverbark (2019-12-24 10:45:13 AM)

My spoofs:Atvi...and Alts=
Ewan Benjamin Delaney Tanner Mosswell Jahveri- LP Hare Fighter/Private and Residential Redwall Abbey Hare
Dearil-Archer/Fighter/Assassin in Blackrose

Board footer