Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-12-13 06:40:42 AM

Karth Riverbark

The Long Patrol Nearby The Island-Tenderfoot Role Play

WHOM:

Dearil- ME-2nd in command Blackrose

Adrian- LP Hare,Corporal and runner

Monty- LP Hare, Fighter and Private

Emersyn- Escaped Blackrose slave, Hare

Kalypso- Leader of Blackrose (Seen briefly at end of log)

4 spoofed weasels that work in Blackrose

LOG:

It has been a little under 2 weeks for the traveling hares and they came to an area of woods with a large inland sea of some sort with an odd..island of some sort in the center, but there was also some fog around,luckily not too cold as of yet as this was still in the southern edges of Mossflower lands. It seemed an almost quiet night.

With their packs fully laden with new food and supplies, plus more letters to deliver, Adrian and his merry band of hares head on, in a south-easterly direction. For once, the next two weeks are largely uneventful, which, compared to the nonstop drama the group had run across practically every other day since leaving the Mountain, was almost like a holiday. However, as they near the Great Inland Sea, something Adrian had not intended to stop by for long, their provisions are running low again. With Elbio and Yerna off scouting ahead, and Selena lagging behind, Adrian chats up his best friend Monty. "So, I figure when we get there, we'll bag ourselves one o' those bloody 'uge Pike, eh? Then we'll 'ave fish jahrky t' last us at *least* two weeks... Wot d' ya think, Mate?"

Monty, despite the apparent weeks-long respite from anything really particularly dramatic, had an air of depression about him. He hadn't been his usual perky and energetic self ever since they'd left Castle Floret. Sure, he'd gone through the motions and made sure that he and his friends stayed safe, but...he hadn't been very talkative at all, his face drawn tight, ears drooped and eyes fixed downwards as they walk. As Adrian speaks, the hare's ears twitch, and he looks up distractedly. "...hrm? Oh. Oh, uh...y...yeah. Yeah, sure. Pike. That sounds, er...spiffin', wot." He tries a smile, but it only lasts a second or two. "...fish jerky...s'good." He kicks at a rock, and watches as it bounces off into the underbrush.

Emersyn was rather close to the hares, she just didn't know it yet as her only thoughts were to run, and run barefooted at that as she never really had good shoes and she had been hiding,only to be found.So she ran and tripped once skinning her knee so that slowed her down.She looks around wildly, she meet another hare and he had mentioned his friends were nearby, she had to find them..they would help,or least she hoped so as right now she was needing all the help she could get.

Dearil was also out and about, with 4 weasels, and one was an archer as he grumbled "I dont care..find her, kill her...wait no I want her alive as she can die in front of the others as an example. He calls out "You can't hide forever...your vole friend is dead, maybe I will let ya live if you come out now!" He did not know anyone else was around and seemed to really not care.

"Mont..." Adrian stares at the other hare. He knows something's up. "Mont, now, y' gotta talk, Mate. I gave y' wot... Ovah a week? But yahr bloomin' withdrawn. So I think we need t' get thi..." He stops, his ears perked. "Wot's that? I think somebeast is runnin' this way... Quick! Off th' road..."

Monty frowns, his ears folding back against his head. "I told ya a million times, Adj, there's nothin' to talk about. I..." At that point, Adrian gives the warning, and Monty slips off the side of the road to hide.

Emersyn has yet to see any other hares but she hears Dearil, that's for sure as she slips up and trips over a fallen log,spanking her ankle as she frowns.She lets out a whimper as she tries to stand and fails badly only falling back down onto the path.

Dearil makes his way down the same path and pauses as he grins in victory, a snap of his fingers as the 4 weasels come closer "So..I win this game of tag."He smirks "I knew that stupid hare you meet lied and you were alive after all, no matter..he will be punished, and get to see you die..then everyone will. So lets come quietly shall we or are you gonna run again?"

Adrian strains to see anything through the fog. He had head running footsteps, but they strangely stopped. He can just make out voices, but not what is being said. He turns to Monty. "Somethin's off. Yerna 'n' Elbio shoulda tol' us somebeast was comin' up th' road ahead. I c'n 'ear voices, but they're too fahr off... Lissen, I'm gonna sneak closah, wot. You stay 'ere, an' make sure Selena gets off th' road, too..." Drawing his smaller dagger, the hare creeps through the underbrush, as quietly as possible.

Monty glances over towards Adrian and gives him a nod. He motions for Selena to hide herself, before he settles there and simply watches, waiting for a signal.

Emersyn frowns as she backs up and bumps into a tree, her ears flatten as she looks at the beasts in fear.."L..leave me alone...and no leave him alone, if you do you can kill me just....."She looks around, it's worse a shot"Somebeast help me!!"

Dearil growls, he starts to slice at her with his blade and nods to a rat to knock her out "Make her shut up before she draws attention, there may be more beasts around"

She's certainly drawn attention. Now that he's closer, Adrian can hear the commotion better, and he grips his dagger tightly. He remains silent as the dead, not planning on letting his presence be known for as long as he can manage. The fog cover is thus an unexpected advantage. Moments later, a weasel falls, silently, stabbed in the back with nary a whimper, and the vermin none the wiser.

Monty hangs back in his hiding spot along with Selena, and merely waits. If it started to take too long, he was planning on going on ahead to see exactly what the situation was.

Emersyn manages to roll out of the way of the blade if it's swung and stands, getting a few feet and falling close to where the long patrol hares are with a soft groan.She is tired,sore and her footpaw swollen.

Dearil growls, the fog is clearing a little but not in time as one weasel is lost, 3 remain as they look for the hare maid.Dearil draws his blade and looks around,scanning the area as he knows she could not of gotten to far

Adrian debates attempting a second kill, but decides that would be pushing his luck. The fog is thinning, as the wind picks up a bit, so he knows he can't keep himself well-hidden for much longer. Spotting the collapsed doe, he grabs her, hawling her up, and starts to drag her away back to where he left Monty. If they want to avoid an all-out fight, they'll have to hot-foot it quickly.

Monty notices Adrian returning, this time with another doe. He frowns, the buck not looking to be in the best of moods. And when Mad Monty rears his ugly head, good things hardly ever come from it. His paws clench, as he stares straight ahead, a soft giggle coming from the buck, an unusual sound given the circumstances. He gives Adrian a look, his eyes narrowing as the giggles fades into a growl, as he points a paw in the opposite direction. "Go, take 'er..." he mutters, in a tone not to be argued with. "I got ya covered." He then rises up from his hiding position, and stalks out onto the path, clearly visible to anyone coming in the other direction. There is a particular glint within his eyes, one that hadn't been there in a very long time.

Emersyn looks at the two hares, she is barely awake but she remembers "You...your..clothing is like...his..."And she passes out, allowing herself to feel safe,least for now and either way she clearly needs rest and likely a healer for her ankle.She is also thin looking and has scars on her from what looks like a whip.

Dearil snorts, he is clearly angry as he looks at the 3 left "What do you mean she disappeared? She can't just disappear....the boss will not like this" One weasel is not so wise "Your fault...not ours..."And then there were 2 weasels "She is nearby and you two are gonna find her or else....no one escapes the Blackrose...and lives very long"

Adrian wants to retreat, like, *this instant*. "Monty!" he hisses. "Not *now*! They don't bloody know we're 'ere, wot!" However, he knows it's a losing proposition. Selena, for her part, immediately takes pity on the thin, abused doe, and she helps Adrian get her away from the road. Elbio and Yerna will have to wait for later.

Monty mutters, as he approaches one of the two remaining weasels. "..they do, now." He swings a paw at him, trying to fell him with a punch. If that is successful, he turns his attention to the other one, trying the same tactic. It is obvious the buck is past the point of caring, the vermin making him angry enough to where that part of his brain that was always teetering on the edge, just tumbled over finally.

Emersyn is meanwhile a bit, unconscious now.She moves slightly and mutters something again.

Dearil narrows his eyes, "Come on..."One weasel follows, the other hears a noise and goes to meet..MONTY!..they try to call out and instead dies.The other one taps Dearil on the shoulder as he spins around and narrows his eyes, he gets a good look at Monty and grins "So there is more of you..Long Patrollers is there...."He grins "I will be sure to tell your friend..hello"He then leaves the weasel to his fate, yeah Dearil could care less as he is planning on getting back to the island.If one looks closely before he disappears,they would see a fancy looking black rose tattoo on his shoulder with curled leaves and thorns,and wild vines.

Adrian is grumbling to himself, about never getting any respect, and his orders being flagrantly flaunted, as he and Selena carry away the unconscious doe. He's giving Monty a stern talking to here soon.

Monty turns his attention to the remaining weasel, the hare's paws going right for his throat. Getting a tight grip, they remain there, squeezing hard until the weasel is no longer breathing. Monty stares down at him with an unsympathetic gaze, eyes narrowing a little as he continues to strangle the already dead weasel. Finally, his grip loosens, and he leaves him there on the ground. By the time he gets back up, Dearil is already gone, and Monty curses loudly. Standing there, he stares out at the place where he'd disappeared, before he finally turns and heads back in the other direction.

Emersyn will rest a while. Old scars..new ones.She is thin and later they will learn very hungry as its clear she hasn't had a good meal in a while.She has no shoes and her outfit is not the best,for sure when it gets colder weather. Her ankle is sprained and she has a few cuts and bruises from running.It also seems she knows where Elibo is he end up being the only one missing and not showing up at the camp site the hares make.

Adrian will leave Emersyn in Yerna's care, the older doe having many seasons' worth of first aid experience. He waits by the campfire he and Selena set up, for Monty to arrive so he can give the other buck a few choice words.

Monty soon arrives a short time later, the buck still bristling. He bypasses the fire and Adrian completely, walking right past him to stand on the outskirts of the temporary camp. He begins to pace back and forth in frustration, wanting to head back out and pursue Dearil. He kicks the occasional log, picking up a rock and flinging it into the woods.

Adrian gets up to his feet. "I told y' not t' engage th' enemy. Now they know there's more 'n' one o' us. They'll be bloody well waitin' f'r us, now." His voice is even and calm, but it still betrays the accusation that it is. "Oh, aye, they got Elbio, too. So now they know t' watch out an' prepare f'r a group o' Patrol 'ares... That is, unless y' killed their leadah just now... You *did* kill 'im, right? 'E couldn't *possibly* 'ave escaped you..."

Monty turns on his heel and stalks over to Adrian, the shorter buck going nose to chin with him as he stares daggers at his friend, his expression absolutely furious. His voice isn't nearly as level and calm as Adrian's though it posses the same amount of vitriol. "So it's my bloody fault th'bloody fool went n'got 'imself captured, is it? We're s'pposed t'be findin' recruits for th'bloody Patrol, not traipsing around rescuin' and killin' recruits we already found!" he snarls. "What's the point, Adj? What's the point of -any- of this? How long have we been out here, eh? How long? And wot in th'name o'Hellsteeth 'ave we accomplished? Abso-bally-lutely nothin'!" He growls and turns back again, moving in the other direction. "An' y'know damn well 'e got away, don't gimme that sarcastic nonsense. So what if they're waitin' for us. We're the MIGHTY Long Patrol, we can handle it, yeah?" He kicks at a branch in his way, the buck at a point of anger that he'd never reached in a long time, if ever at all.

Monty turns on his heel and stalks over to Adrian, the shorter buck going nose to chin with him as he stares daggers at his friend, his expression absolutely furious. His voice isn't nearly as level and calm as Adrian's though it posses the same amount of vitriol. "So it's my bloody fault th'bloody fool went n'got 'imself captured, is it? We're s'pposed t'be findin' recruits for th'bloody Patrol, not traipsing around rescuin' and killin' recruits we already found!" he snarls. "What's the point, Adj? What's the point of -any- of this? How long have we been out here, eh? How long? And wot in th'name o'Hellsteeth 'ave we accomplished? Abso-bally-lutely nothin'!" He growls and turns back again, moving in the other direction. "An' y'know damn well 'e got away, don't gimme that sarcastic nonsense. So what if they're waitin' for us. We're the MIGHTY Long Patrol, we can handle it, yeah?" He kicks at a branch in his way, the buck at a point of anger that he'd never reached in a long time, if ever at all.

Adrian's fist clenches. He's never struck a fellow Patroller in anger before, but the urge is rising. "I nevah said it was yahr fault, dammit!" he snaps. "An' yes, we *are* th' bloody Long Patrol, but in case you 'aven't noticed, there's only five of us, versus 'eavens only knows 'ow many o' them. An' with Elbio bein' captured, that makes it only *four* of us. An' we bally well need each othah's back right now, so I need you, right now, t' get yahr 'ead on straight, and stop bein' wotevah *this* is, because right about now I can't honestly say I c'n trust y' t' make good decisions." There. He said it. And he regrets the words as they come out of his mouth, but this needs to be aired.

Monty whirls back around at that, the buck getting right back in Adrian's face again, that same look of fury upon his normally calm and stoic features. "So why doncha say what's -really- on yer mind, Adj? Why don't ya just tell me that y'regret ever goin' on this mission, y'regret they sent ya out with Mad Monty. I know y'want to, so why don't y'just come out n'say it, eh? Save us all th'time n' energy. Get it out in th'open," he growls. "Can't trust me. Can't trust me, 'e says..." He throws his paws up into the air, as he turns to stalk away again, his voice rising, and breaking. "Y'know what? That's it. I'm -done-, Adj. I'm finished. I...I can't do this anymore. I can't. I'm -done-. Consider this my resignation." He wriggles out of his uniform, a simple tunic worn beneath, and he throws it on the ground. "M'goin' back to Castle Floret, an' livin' out m'days somewhere where I don't have to worry about any more killin, I don't have to worry about bein' hurt anymore." His chest heaves, tears fully running down his face at this point. He turns, and begins to head in the other direction, his ears folded back, as he aims a punch of frustration at a treas he passes it, as well as a growl to match.

Adrian watches this all, his anger welling, as his only close friend in the whole world seems to have a breakdown. He's not accepting lying down. When Monty tries to leave, Adrian lunges forward, to forcefully grab the other hare, and restrain him if possible. "Please... Please don't go. Please, Mont..." His voice falters. "Dammit, Mont... I'm sorry, I didn't mean t' imply... Please, I ovah-reacted, Mate. Y' undahstand? Right? Mont... We're friends. I stood by you..."

Monty goes to stalk away, but ends up being grabbed at the last minute by Adrian. He struggles, trying to tear himself out of his friend's grip. "Let me go, damn it..." he growls, struggling as he continues to try and tug himself away. "LET ME GO. I've bloody -had- it, Adj!" He turns to face Adrian, his face a mask of anguish, tears still running down his face. "She kissed me, Adj. She -kissed- me. And I left. I left it behind. I left -her- behind, when she needed me. I finally had an opportunity t'truly be -happy-. I was -happy-, Adj, those last couple days before we left. I hadn't felt somethin' like that in ages. And I left." He waves a paw at their surroundings. "I left it for -this-. More wanderin' around, more chasin' our tails in circles. An' fer what? For them t'pat us on th'back when we get back to the mountain, sayin' 'good job, fellas'?" Monty frowns, shaking his head, his gaze shifting to the ground. "Why? Why does this always happen, Adj? Why am I not allowed to be bloody -happy-?" He slumps down to the ground, burying his face in his paws.

Adrian slumps down with his friend. And now his arms around the other buck. "Monty... Y' shoulda tol' me..." He sighs, completely torn. "If y' love th' doe, y' shoulda told me, right off." He looks up at the sky. "I mean, I thought I was yahr friend? Friends 'elp each othah, dammit. An' frankly, if you quit th' Patrol... I'd 'ave t' quit, too, because who else'd help ya keep yahr 'ead on straight? On...th' othah paw, y' only knew 'er three days, Mate. Are y' *absolutely* sure about this?"

Monty sighs, merely sitting there for a little while, head in his paws as his pent up anger begins to dissipate. "Everythin' happened so fast. I...asked her to come back with us, she was afraid. She's...got a fear of runnin' inta vermin, cuz of wot 'appened to 'er. So I told 'er I'd stay, then, instead. She got scared, said she wasn't worth me throwin' everything away just for her...then ran away. Couldn't find 'er before we left." He sighs, shaking his head. "I've never met anyone who understands as much as she does, Adj. Yeah I only knew 'er fer three days, but...sometimes, y'can just tell. It was three days, but it felt like I knew 'er m'whole life." He lifts his head, and stares out into the distance. "...I...I don't know wot I want, Adj. I...just, I'm gonna sleep on it. Will letcha know in the mornin'. Fair enough?"

Adrian hasn't pulled away from Monty. He's never literally hugged the other buck before, but he is now. "I...I'd like it if y' did, Monty. Yahr like mah brothah." There, he said it. "An' yahr nevah likely t' see me get this mushy again, so don't y' evah say a word. I got an image t' maintain, wot." He sighs, and goes quiet for awhile, before saying, "If you were t' resign... I swear I'd 'ave t' resign, too. An' I wouldn't 'ear any argument from y' othahwise. Couldn't let y' go off on some damn fool adventure by yahrself, aftah all..."

Monty glances at Adrian and stares at him for a few moments, the buck's expression one of contemplation. "Adj, y'don't have t'throw away yer entire career just fer somethin' I decided. I appreciate th'gesture. Really, I do, but. I couldn't letcha do that." He sighs heavily, "Yer like m'brother too, that's why I don't want ya t'make a foolish decision. I'm fully aware o'the consequences if I step away. I...I'm gonna go try n'get some sleep. I...gotta lot of stuff t'think about." He extricates himself from Adrian's hug, and heads towards the area he'd chosen to sleep in. "Goodnight, Adj. N'thanks fer listenin'."

Adrian is set in that decision, but he merely nods his head and offers a weak smile. "Yes, sleep will do us good. In the meantime we should focus on freeing th' othah slaves, yes? Before any majah decisions are made, wot." He'll stay and sit by the fire, providing watch for now.

==MEANWHILE ON THE ISLAND INSIDE THE HIDDEN BLACKKROSE BASE==

Dearil came in looking fairly peeved off as he marched forwards, he shoved a slave into the wall that was in his way and went to a small room without knocking and kneeled down.

Kalypso looked at her 2nd in command, she remained calm "Your..report Dearil"

Dearil speaks "The Long Patrol hares are in the woods, I am unsure of how many but I am sure the doe is with them. Do not worry Master...I will find and slay them."

"No...take them captive, wounded is fine but I want to kill them myself...."She smiles coldly "Then sent Lord Ciocan their heads in a nice gift warped box...but rest first,then ..."She nods "Hunt"

Dearil salutes and stands "Of course...Master" And he heads off to rest, in the morning he had plans.

Evil plans

Last edited by Karth Riverbark (2019-12-13 06:53:28 AM)

My spoofs:Atvi...and Alts=
Ewan Benjamin Delaney Tanner Mosswell Jahveri- LP Hare Fighter/Private and Residential Redwall Abbey Hare
Dearil-Archer/Fighter/Assassin in Blackrose

Board footer