Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-29 08:44:25 AM

Leon

I am not Staying here-Redwall Log

WHO:

Caleb-Brother of Redwall Abbey

Gorvenalus- Recorder of Redwall Abbey,Healer

Krisha- Badger Mother of Redwall

LOG:

Caleb sat by the wall just starring into space after the news, the horrible news that basically his life was over. His face tear stained as he stared at the snow on the ground and sniffed again.He had been out in the snow for the past couple hours just sitting there, starring,crying...thinking deeply on things of the past and the future and the what to do now.   

Gorvenalus makes his way over to the mouse and wraps a blanket around him "Brother Caleb, your going to get ill staying outside like this please come inside"His voice was concerned.   

Caleb shrugs as he answers "Then, I get ill. I don't care."Tears form and freeze some now "She's gone, she is never going to sing again, laugh again, hug again. She was my light and the light was forced to go out"   

Gorvenalus frowns deeply and sighs "I...I know but would Cynthia want you to do this? Also think of your mother, she doesn't need more bad news..please just inside and talk to someone,anyone"

Krisha had heard, of course she heard and had to deal with comforting others and now she had a task and was not going to ask permission she just marched over to the mouse to scoop him up and head inside, a nod to the beaver "Brother Gorvenalus...."She headed to the Great Hall and went to sit the mouse in a chair by the fireplace. She offered a bowl of warm soup and a mug of herbal tea.

Caleb didn't protest he just sort of went along with it .He blinked slowly and looked at the food and drink, a calm "No...thanks Mother Krisha"   

Gorvenalus was a little surprised and went to follow the badger inside, "You need to eat something Brother Caleb,please"   

Krisha closed her eyes, she already had stress and knew of the pain of loss, she opened her eyes and spoke "You will eat Brother Caleb, if I have to spoon feed it to you. I am NOT gonna deal with some other death, some other bad news. There has been enough of that lately,now choose do I feed you or do you feed yourself this meal?" She didn't sound very happy and it surely wasn't a nice request tone of voice, it was more a commanding tone with a hint of anger in it.It was clear already her morning was not the best and it was still a couple hours till the lunch hour.   

Caleb lets out a small eep and starts to eat the soup, drink the tea quietly now.He even has a 2nd bowl of soup and a 2nd mug of tea he drinks slowly before finally speaking"I'm..sorry"   

Gorvenalus sighs in relief and sits down"We just worry Brother Caleb,that is all. We are here for you in this sad time"   

Krisha clears her throat "Grief can be hard, it can sometimes cause a beast to become lost, too lost at times."Her voice more gentle now."Cynthia will always be with you,in your heart. She would want you and Cota to stay strong,best you can and when you need help your friends and your other family members will be there for you"   

Caleb looks between them as he frowns, he then speaks "I am not staying here.I am sorry. This place reminds me too much of my Cynthia. The woods even does. I am going to Halyard and maybe getting a boat somewhere or ..I may just stay in Halyard, me and her was there briefly and it's an interesting place." He frowns as he speaks "I will tell my mother and sister goodbye, on my own...also"He takes a deep breath "My boy wants to stay and I agreed."He will say goodbye to Cota as well "Mother Krisha...please help watch over my Cota,what ever he decides..weather its warrior or order beast"   

Gorvenalus stays seated and listens quietly as the beasts speak, he adds "We both will, the whole abbey will help make sure Cota stays safe and is cared for."   

Krisha nods"I will."he also agrees with Gorvenalus. "I also will let the abbot know and yes I have this power also, you are still Brother Caleb as order beasts can indeed travel if they so wish,your title and rank stay and will not be taken from you." She offers the mouse a hug if he wants it."As for..Cynthia, a funeral is soon planed."   

Caleb leans into the hug and just sobs again this morning. He finally strighens up and nods "Thank you....I am leaving after the funeral." He will just make sure its in the morning hours.He will tell his mother and sister goodbye before then, and promise to write letters and stay in touch a great deal.   

Gorvenalus stands "I am going to check and speak to Abbot Benar."

Krisha nods "He...knows of Sister Cynthia now and I told him I would speak at the funeral."She has never been in charge of one but she knows she likely will have to speak at funeral in the abbey over the next seasons so she may as well now."Benar has yet to be able to be out too long and I don't think the cold air would be good for him. I still am doing some of his duties ." She looks to the mouse "I am here if you wish to speak and if Cota wishes to speak."   

Caleb nods"I know"He stands up "I am going to get some sleep. I will be..fine " Or least fine in the sense he will live,live for Cynthia and live for his family."I will see you all at dinner"He is skiping lunch it would seem.

Gorvenalus nods"Alright Brother Caleb,just remember friends and family are always here for you.Now and always"   

Krisha nods"He is correct."

----------------------------------------------------------------

The next couple days seem a blur to the order Brother.But he goes with the flow. Most of the time spent with his mother, his sister,  with his uncle and great  grandmother Angela. He said his tear filled goodbyes to them and promised to write, write a lot in fact. He was happy to keep the title Brother Caleb of Redwall and even decided to act as a sort of Ambassador while in Halyard.

Brother Caleb did as he said he would, after the funeral he slipped off quietly, it was not like he had much with him.A goodbye to Cota who choose to stay and a last look at the abbey and Brother Caleb turned to the road and left.He got a shrew log boat once to the river and made it safe to Halyard and sent out a letter to let his family know he was safely there.He got a job as a tavern worker, and even  a couple season later would open his own small tavern where he was the main cook and owner, his food became famous among vermin and woodlander....Life would be ok in Halyard, life would go on, he would live for Cynthia and stay in touch with what was left of his family and friends.

Last edited by Leon (2019-11-29 08:37:20 PM)

I play
Cota-grandson of Dorarose
Micco-Leader of the Gawtribe

Board footer