Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-13 01:17:12 PM

Leon

First, Forgive Yourself-Ferravale Log

Who:

Nardo - Healer and Tavern Helper

Xander- Leader of Mossflower Defenders

LOG:

A

Nardo has been helping out in Ferravale the past, well, couple weeks it seemed and now decided to get a late lunch at the tavern. He steps up to a table and sits down to wait.

Xander makes his way over to Nardo and manages a small smile "Hey Nardo, been a while since I seen you, everything going ok?" The badger has been serving ale and some plates of what ever lunch is, looks like veggie soup, a roll and a drink of what ever one wants." Lunch?"

Nardo nods"Sure, lunch seems good and how am I?" He seems surprised at the question "Should ask, how are you?"

Xander first gets the lunch special and then sits down as he too takes a lunch break "Me?" He asks and shrugs "I am ok, I suppose. Been busy with some things. I go Matilda and Krisha home safe and sound and got back here, sleep a few hours and then back to work. Still got to get some supplies for the tavern like Ale mainly, maybe some of the smoked fish the Gousim mentioned having."   

Nardo says, "Smoked fish is, well it's interesting but what about like smoked veggies." He grins "Now that could be real interesting." But then it was time to be serious "But back to, well....you Xander, you said you supposed you were ok which likely means your not so.what is it?"

Xander frowns, he eats his soup and roll before finally speaking"A lot has happened that's all and I had wanted to stay at the abbey but I promised I wouldn't for a while so Bear could come out of his room if he wished it."   

Nardo asks, "So, your still thinking on that are ya?" A bite of roll and some soup washed down with ale"Thought you wanted forgiveness like face to face"

Xander says, "Well...yeah, but he wished to not see me or, so I was told and I don't know how to, like ask if can ask as its better face to face or maybe a letter is better, I. I don't know, I just don't know"   

Nardo nods "It is better BUT how do you like expect to have a talk, or chat unless you...well go to the abbey. I am sure he will or maybe has forgiven you, but"He clears his throat "You did to do something as well and it will likely be hard to do"

Xander says, "I did do something, I left for a while and well still gone, so he can relax more. I also told the whole abbey or least most of the abbey I was sorry for my actions, some seemed to forgive me but others may not of"

Nardo listens and replies as if it was simple "Have you, forgiven yourself?" He asks quietly and waits on a reply.

Xander asks, "Myself?" He gives the ferret a confused look"Wot do you mean forgive myself?"   

Nardo finishes an ale and nods "Yourself" He sets down the empty mug "You can't stay blaming yourself, ok you did push him but it was an accident and you know that now and you seeked forgiveness from others and that's a good step but to truly be free, one needs to also forgive themselves, and sometimes of more than one thing whether its recent or in the past"   

Xander frowns and then stands giving a snort as he stars to walk away,"That's nice...now excuse ne I have things to do"   

Nardo blinks and follows him "I was serious, wait, please"He tries to block his path "Just, ya know.think on me words. I mean its helpful, trust me"   

Xander glares at the ferret and then sighs, "Look Nardo.you don't really know me that well, not really anyways."   

Nardo says, "Well, only you really know you but I do know your a nice guy. You care deeply for friends and family, you are a protector...a good cook of well pies and muffins, couple other...things too. You're a warrior and a skilled one too. Your leader of the Moss flower Defenders, a group that may be small but slowly grows a little.You get along with some beasts that usually are hard to get along with, I am usually hard to get along with in fact.You offered me and Mack a place to stay and even jobs and that says a lot"

Xander finally just sits down and looks at the floor, then the ferret"Still, you meet me like a few weeks ago. My past is not the best, and I do remember most of what I forgot now"   

Nardo says, "That's great, on the remembering that is....remembering is always good, even if some is bad. We need good and bad I think to truly be alive or that's my thoughts on it and who truly cares of the past, this is the now...though"He chooses the next words carefully"If things of the past like hold unto you then, ya need to let go...you need to forgive yourself. I know how forgiving one self can help but at the same time be hard. I for the longest time blamed myself for when my mate died. But it wasn't my fault, or her fault.....she got stung by hornets also but like a lot more and also had a delayed reaction, one that ....killed her. But when I forgave myself I felt better, I felt free...yes feelings linger a little as I can still be sad, but I know it's not my fault now....what has happened recent or maybe past as the past will come up"He frowns "Did for me..." He goes on after a while " Its good to clear the mind and think, to forgive yourself for each thing of the past and to not worry too much on the future" He adds a chuckle "A friend said the future worries about tis safe and no one can truly control it anyways, slow it maybe but not stop or control it as what is to happen, will happen one way or another"   

Xander listens and nods "I, will think on your words I promise and forgive myself?" He frowns as this seems to cause stress, but he takes a deep breath "oK...just, there is a lot on my mind of recent stuff and now past things and, guess can't change the past and as you said not really the future either"   

Nardo seems glad he is talking at least, "Yeah, well.me and Mack can make sure Patch stays outta trouble, me and Mack did run our own tavern so...we can help with yours so you have time to think...where ever ya want to think"   

Xander nods "Sounds good...fine"He stands again "I am going for a walk in the woods, don't worry I will be back by sunset or shortly afterwards."

Nardo nods, "Thinking is good."   

Xander nods and heads outside after grabbing his hooded cloak. The weather outside is cold and snow is falling, well its better than icy rain and it looks like snow will stick as he slips off and the door closes.

Nardo watches the badger head off outside and leans back in the chair"Hmm ms...best find Mack then"He stands and goes to find Mack and then help out around the tavern will Xander gets back.

I play
Cota-grandson of Dorarose
Micco-Leader of the Gawtribe

Board footer