Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-05 03:18:47 PM

Lutea
Website

LP: Promotions within the Second Division

The biggest thing I look for with promotions are OOC initiative and the willingness to run scenes and events, spoof bad guys, etc. without IC personal gain. While IC characteristics definitely factor into it, having the initiative to create, maintain, and consistently participate in RP is the #1 thing I look for! So: congrats, Terrence, Gregorian, and Zolomon!

Promotions within the Second Division
Ft. Jinora, Terrence, Gregorian, Zolomon

Salamandastron: Recreation Room
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-* Salamandastron *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
The recreation room for the army of the Long Patrol. Here soldiers come to
relax after a hard day's work and the officers come for a game of cards or
a quick drink by the fire. The room is quite large, having to deal with a
lot of hares at one time. Along one wall there is a large worktop with
some cushioned stools lining one side of it. On the other side of the
worktop there stand many kegs and bottles, lined so that they can be
easily opened by someone standing on the inside of the bar but well out of
reach of the rowdy hares on the other side. There are a few woollen cloths
on the bar and mats in front of each stool. The next thing nearest to the
bar are the round tables, each with 4 chairs around and a lantern in the
middle of each one. There are a couple of slightly larger oval tables with
8 seats around, obviously for larger crowds. The other end of the room is
littered with armchairs, comfortable armchairs,  each pair with a small
table in between. The armchairs are near the fire, used to heat the room
and provide extra comfort for the relaxing soldiers.

The Mountain has been busy since the wayward little swamplings returned. Major Tottheim has been swamped with paperwork ranging from 'missing beasts' to 'hurt paws' - all in all, it hasn't been fun, but it could have been worse. It could have been a /whole/ lot worse - and, in the end, the shores will be just a little bit safer from toad attacks for the next few seasons. Until they start cultivating their clutches once more - but they should have a newfound respect, or fear, of their furry neighbors. It's made a few things apparent, however, so even on her own break, Jinora is laden with scrolls and ledgers. "Hot toddy." She grunts, depositing them all on the countertop and dropping into her seat with a groan.

A little way down the counter Terrence sits, out of uniform and enjoying his first day off in goodness knows how long. Taking a long sip from his glass, the corporal glances over at the new arrival, dipping his head. "Majah." His eyes fall on the pile of paper with a sympathetic look on his face. "I suppose it is, Sah - though I can't imagine we'll have any more hot days after this for a awhile yet, wot."

There's a moment of confusion as Jinora squints at Terrence - the crease in her brow deepening as she tries to parse together what he's talking about... And then she lets out a bark of laughter. "Hoi, m'accent isn't that thick, Corporal. Hot toddy - s'a drink. Ya look like you could use one." She holds up two claws at the 'tender, earning a nod. Another mug is set beside the kettle, smoke just beginning to curl from its spout. "Looks like yah've finally earned yerself a day in yer civvies, wot?"

"Oh. /Oh/." Mortified, Terrence downs his drink, muttering quietly, "Sorry about that, majah." He waves vaguely towards the bar, leaning forward, resting his elbows on the countertop. "Don't know much about drinks and all this. And indeed I did, wot. Technically I was supposed to have one when I got back from the swamp, but, well, that was delayed till now."

There's another laugh as Jinora shakes her head. "Don't look so downtrodden, we can't all be as cultured as a Halyard alcoholic." The screech of a kettle sets the bartender into a new flurry of motion - mixing, adding, stirring. But the major just turns to study the corporal. "Swamp, aye, wanted t'talk to ya about that, actually. From what I've heard, ya stepped up an' handled th'whole mess with professionalism an'initiative. Battle plans t'execution - s'wot we're lookin' fer, these days. It's in short supply." She gives a snort, gesturing to her own uniform. She's only in the position that she is because of the massive losses - but the young Major does try.
You room-page, "Sorry, class came in so I'll be a little slower"

Terrence gives a little chuckle of his own, raising his now empty glass to examine it. "I suppose so." His ears perk when the conversation turns fully to the recent incident, and the corporal turns on his stool to facet major, keeping an elbow on the counter. "Er, thank you, sah." There's a bit of uncertainty in his voice. "And if you don't mind me saying so, everything's been in short supply 'round here, leastways so it seems to me, wot."

"Aye, it's a mile-wide hole tha' th'Patrol is tryin' t'fill with a single shovel an' even less dirt." Major Tottheim fishes a paw through her mound of scrolls, and finally manages to pluck free the one she was looking for. It bears the wax seal of the Brigadier. "Report t'uniforms first thing in th'mornin' t'pick up yer shovel, Sergeant. An' enjoy yer day off, ya likely won't get another one fer awhile."

There's a moment or so in which Terrence's face is one of confusion as his eyes fall on the Brigadier's seal, the major's words not yet setting in. Then, "/Oh/! Yes sah, of course!" The former corporal starts to raise his paw in a salute but catches himself - he's not in uniform. The surprised expression he has is short lived, and he laughs. "I will be sure to enjoy today, majah. Don't worry about that, wot! And, well, thank you."

There's another laugh as a pair of steaming mugs are delivered. Hot toddies! "Yah won't be thankin' me after tomorrow, so make sure ye celebrate while ya can." She raises her own mug towards him, her free paw moving to tick two claws against her forehead in an informal salute. "To yer success, Sergeant. An', most importantly, yer sanity. May ya keep it as long as ya bloody well can." 

"Ah, yes. To my sanity." Terrence takes the offered mug, raising it himself. "I do hope so, wot." A rather grim chuckle escapes the new sergeant as he looks down at his lap. "I've heard any rank above corporal is taxing, to say the least - but I'm sure you know more about that than I, eh, majah?" He takes a long draft of the steaming mug.

"S'not a secret that I was only promoted t'this spot because of necessity. I was only an LT - an' had only been tha' for less than a month when th'battle hit. We do what we need ta - but I'm proud t'say that yer here 'cause ya earned it. Th'records reflect that, as do yer recommendations." She takes a drink as well, but a smile returns to a now foam-mustached muzzle. "Hares are versatile by nature though, wot. I've no doubts that ye'll grow t'fit any position we put ya in." As if on cue, a recruit comes bustling in the door, out of breath. "M-Majah T-Tottheim yer req-requested in... In..." Jinora gives a groan and waves the recruit off. "At ease, I know what she bloody well wants. Watch me stuff, will ya?" She gives the recruit a pat on the shoulder. "Catch yer breath an' get a drink, that's my ordahs to ya." With a little wave, the Major hurries out, pausing in the doorway with a cheery: "Bright an' early, Sergeant!"

Later that Day...

Terrence waves to the PFC, scroll in paw. "Hullo there, Zolomon." He pauses were he now stands in the middle of the room, looking back at the bar and debating wether or not to get another drink. He too is out of uniform.

Zolomon waves "Hallo sur....I am not yet back on duty, think in a couple days I am"

Gregorian appears for a well earned drink after trying to teach a few recruits how to work the forge. He still has a bit of soot smudge on his paws and cheek and a few curled whiskers for his work "Terrence. Havin' a day at the bar free from responsibility?" he greets on his was in the door, noting the lack of uniform. A nod is provided to Zolomon too "Zol. Lookin' more life like tahday"

More uniforms, more scrolls - Jinora is to her teeth in it, today. "Just where I left ya." She greets, not the hares, but the pile of her belongings that remains on the countertop of the bar. Right where she left them. Scooping the existing scrolls into her bag, the Major pauses, turning to eye the hares gathered as if seeing them for the first time. "Just th'scuts I was hopin' t'see wanderin' about. Private Zolomon, Sarg." She greets Greg, and with a smile, another nod to Terrance as well. "Sarg." She repeats. "Good t'see everybeast on their paws again."

Terrence, almost correcting Zolomon for the use of sir, stops himself and offers a light smile. "Neither am I, private." He turns when Greg enters, offering a small wave to the sergeant. "Sa-Eh." He bites his tongue, looking down sheepishly. "I am, wot. Last free day for a while, I bet, too." When the major comes in again, he nods, saying, "Sah."

Gregorian offers a quick salute when Jin appears "Marm" he greets in return before raising an eyebrow at that extra Sarg. that he picks up on. He eyes Terrence before chuckling deeply "I figured it wouldn't be long before yah were out for my job"

"More congrats are in ordah, troops." Jinora sighs, plucking the two scrolls from beneath her arm and offering them out to Greg and Zolomon in turn. "Or condolences, dependin' on yer point'a view. Private First Class Anderson, yer t'report t'my division effective immediately. It would seem that I am out a Corporal, ye'll be fillin' that spot. An' Sergeant Harthwill, mah paws are full as tis. Afraid there's not much ceremony t'sit on, but I'm needin' an LT wot can do half mah work." She gives Greg a rueful little grin, like he hadn't been doing that already.

"Don't worry about that sarge- sah!" Terrence replies with a chuckle of his own, having not saluted due to that previously not being in uniform. "Anyway, I daresay you don't have to worry about that, wot. I'll have to be at least twice my age to even try to rival you, especially now, lieutenant. And," He adds, leaning against a nearby chair with a look of surprise lingering on his face, "Congratulations to the both of you, wot!"

Zolomon nods, he was listening as he took the scroll, at first a frown "Your divsion?Ummmok....."He stops speaking as he blinks, wot did she just say,maybe having one ear is messing up his hearing as he just sort of stares at her, quickly looks at the scroll, a blink and he reads it again and looks at her...the scroll...and....ok maybe she just broke the poor hare as he is silence a long while then "Umm....of course, of course"

Gregorian is prepared for the worst. He basically blamed himself in his report about the toads incident and was half expecting some sort of 'Wouldn't it be better if you retired again' talk. He's taken by surprise with a promotion instead. He cautiously takes the letter and actually skims over it before he finally chuckles, a little grin appearing "Just when I'd worn the uniform in all comfortably" he suddenly looks back at Jin with a smirk "Yah still do half..." he stops because something tells him not to joke and talk back to superior officers in front of everyone when you've just been promoted. He salutes instead "Thank yah marm" another chuckle and he glances to Terrence "Well yah caught up in rank for a good five minutes at least" he tilts his head at Zolomon's shock before laughing and heading for the bar "I think that's a good enough excuse for drinks all round"

"S'been a mad dash, but... Well, when th'unexpected turned plans on their 'eads, you lot stepped up an'made the best outta th'worst situation. Only reason we got as many back as we did is 'cause of you lot. Ranks as thin as they are, we're tryin' t'build th'best Patrol we can - but we'd be lost without all three'a yah; if we had ten hares or a hundred t'pick from, it'd still be you lot. So! Celebrate tonight, an' report t'uniforms in th'mornin'." With a curt nod, Jinora turns on the heel of her boot. "But don't celebrate /too/ much! I don't like a sloppy Patrol!" Her smirk betrays the joke in her voice as she takes her leave. "Have an extra one fer me."

Zolomon smiles at this and nods, well he can deal with an extra day off, wait he may of lost a day...but thats ok as he smiles again"

Giving a raised eyebrow to the new corporal, Terrence doesn't say much beyond the congratulations to Zolomon, having not interacted with him on many occasions (with what little times they have not leaving much of an impression on the bespectacled hare). However, to Greg, he smiles, rubbing the back of his neck as he says, "Indeed I did, sah - was 'bout to ask if I could call you Greg, sah!" He laughs more fully now. As the major leaves, the sergeant calls after her, "Of course, sah! I've already had two." He turns back to the bar, "But I could still go for one more, wot wot."

Gregorian just grins a bit at the Major's little speech before she has to dash off. He chuckles quietly at the last bits though "Long gone are the days of ovah celebratin'" he does at least buy the drinks for himself and the others though "Come on corporal. Snap to it before a recruit sees yah grinnin' like a loon and nevah lets yah forget it" he laughs, not really serious about it. He sits himself on a barstool as his drink is fetched "Such a pity yah nevah got the chance tah ask" he says to Terrence "But, bein' off duty I'd say yah could all the same"

Zolomon nods quickly and strightens up.He nods "Course sur///surs..."He goes to finish his drink and chuckles "I will ahve to get use to  paperwork now as will likely have more of it"

"But the question remains are /you/ off duty, Lieutenant?" Terrence plops himself down on the stool next Greg with a cheeky grin, grabbing one of the glasses and taking a swig from it. "/Corporal,/ Take my word for it:" He pats the free seat next to him, "You're in for a world of hurt! Goodness knows I was when I was promoted. Just don't let General Quinton rope you into helping him out in the library or you'll /never/ see the light of day, wot."

Lutea, Aden, Samara, Mary, Nautch, Jinora, Kympa, Isla, Rionach, and Jion
Avatar is a free base from Ace_Coyote on FA that I edited over

Board footer