Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-09-30 04:50:39 PM

Mother Krisha

Making Sure The Abbey Stays Running-Redwall Log

Krisha was busy, but she was doing fairly well with it as she walked around the orchards making sure any last moment gathering of fruit was getting done, also checking off what was taken in, and how much was taken into the storage.She directed beasts on where to go as she frowned a little "Ok, you two..apples still need picked up high and I was told you can do that."She gets a nod, she smiles "Alright then go do that please"And the two mice were off as she went to sit down under one of the already cleared trees.   

Caleb walked over "Hello Mother Krisha...all the plums are now in storage and a team is finishing with the pears" He himself had not expected to be busy right away but, it was fine, he was an order beast after all."Also Cynthia is helping check on the herbs for the infirm and for the kitchens"   

Keldorn was doing a little here and there.He now makes his way to the badger and smiles a little handing her a list"For you..totals on what has been gathered so far, well as of lunch ...I am sure a more updated list will be made at dinner"   

Krisha smiles"Thank you Novice Keldorn, not seen you much today or past few days..then its been super busy the past 2 days"She sighs.   

Caleb sits a moment"I think your doing alright, no one is panicking and no one is not working..chores are still being done and meals made"   
Keldorn nods "You have handled things well Mother Krisha and yes forgive me for that..I am sorry..perhaps I am..missing a life of wandering is all, not so much the warrior ways just..exploring...wandering around, finding new places"   

Krisha nods, she glaces at Keldorn as he speaks "Are you..wanting advice? I can try and give you some, not sure how good it will be but I can try..rather help with advice and give beast an idea where to help than answer some other questions I am unsure of an answer too."

Caleb smiles"I know for one wandering is sometimes good and sometimes bad"   

Keldorn says, "Only if you wish to give it, I know you are bust since Benar was...hurt"He decides to not ask how he is right now and seems unsure on asking anything else"I was once told there is just advice..not good or bad...just advice, its the beast give the advice that decides on their own if its good or bad for them and them alone"

Krisha smiles, "Sounds like you be good with giving others advise...well then its up to you Novice Keldorn on what you do, but do tell like the elders if you do decide to not stay, again its up to you as someone can gove advise but its up to you to stay or not."   
Caleb says, "I agree, be unwise ta like walk off and not say a thing"   

Keldorn nods,"I know...and I will let them know if I...decide or not."He looks around the orchards as harvest is getting finished up"Has a date been made for the autumn feast yet?"   

Krisha nods, a couple order beast come and speak to Krisha as she nods, a frown once"I don't know..I will check ok, promise"A nod and they walk off again as teh badger sighs.

Caleb shrugs "No clue.."He looks over and stays quiet as the beasts speak,then back to the shrew "Maybe Friair Lacota knows"   

Keldorn says, "It is worth asking as if I did want to explore I would wait till after the feast so I did not miss it.." He looks to the badger "Everything alright Krisha?"

Krisha nods "Just some questions on how Benar is and I am being honest when said I don't know...I been busy with his duties and Badgermother duties, some chores to check on him, I know he is alive or the healers would of told u something if he wasn't or if he was worse"   

Caleb nods "I am sure he is fine and maybe he has woken up and they are just having him rest"   

Keldorn nods "Any news on..."He frowns, a question almost came out "Never mind...that too will be updated I am sure"   

Krisha sighs "Again..no news there either, I am sure news will come will it comes."   

Caleb frowns, but nods "My mom and the champion is looking I know and not sure how much supplies they had, enough for like 3-4 days so they will likely be back soon with news and like get more supplies"   

Keldorn says, "Thar is always getting supplies in Ferravale as well.I am sure, all is well just worry on what is happening at the abbey for now"

From a particular tall tree close to the wall, a squirrel leaps onto the ramparts, startling a nearby guard. Giving a friendly smile, John unbuckles his sword and tosses it towards the mouse who manages to catches, albeit slightly bewildered. "Look, I swear I don' have anything else b'this, mate!" The squirrel says, and, true to his word, he appears to be only wearing a loose shirt and trousers, having forgone even his boots. He leaps again, this time into a tree in the orchard, climbing down as quick as he can, slipping the last few feet and falling rather ungracefully unto his back. After moment, he pulls himself up, stretching his back with a groan. He sees the beasts nearby and waves. "'Ello there! Good day t'day, aren't it?"   

Krisha nods slowly and watches the sudden appearance of a squirrel as mutters are heard she stands and goes over 'Calm down everyone back to work..please...thank you"She shrugs "The day could be better but its ok so far..an interesting way to enter the abbey I must say"   
Caleb blinks and chuckles a little, a wave is given though and a shrug "Its a day....that's about it sur. abbey is still standing so that's good"   

Keldorn nods a hello"Juts another day in the abbey is all"He will make sure the mouse knows where to take the blade though and then will walk back to the orchards   

"Aye, well, I bumped into that badger Xander, I did." While nodding, the squirrel grabs his shoulder, still stretching it out. "And going through the trees was the fastest way." John shrugs, letting out a long sigh before adding, in a far graver voice, "It's sad business 'bout the Father Abbot, I hear. 'Suppose things can only go so well without him..." After looking around at the abby-beasts, his gaze falls on the badger. "Say...you aren't the Mother Krisha, are you?"

Krisha frowns, and then a deep breath "Abbot Benar...isn't dead...he was unconscious and broke his arm"Though she has yet to hear news he woke up, she is sure he may of briefly.."Wait you saw...Xander..where?" She sounds worried, last she saw him was when the accident happen.   
Caleb says, "The abbot is recovering"   

Keldorn says, "I am sure the healers will update us on just how Benar is but for now he is to be left alone to recover better."   

John raises an eyebrow at the news. "Not dead?" he says, going back to the lighter tone. "Well, that's very good t'hear...Xander was unsure 'bout that. Speaking o'which," the squirrel points northward, "He were up by the River Moss, he were, not two days past." While John does note Krisha's worry, he doesn't pry. "Admittedly I may of convinced him t'go south, I did, so he might be within a half day o'here down south."   

Krisha nods as she listens "I can..let them know"She frowns"He left his blade here....and its likely he wont get it back but its hard to say where south he would go"Again a frown as she knows, no one south would know xander, that she knows of.   

Caleb says, "I am sure he will be ok..right? Unless he runs into..someone that way."

Keldorn frowns "Runs into who? I think the woods are fairly safe right now, maybe a random robber but those are easly taken care of usually and most would leave a badger alone"   

"Don't worry 'bout it," John says, blowing a falling leaf away from his nose, "I gave a spear and a traveling pack t'him, I did, so he should be able t'take care o'himself. He /is/ a rather large badger, y'know. And he didn't sound all that convinced, at least t'm'self. Even if winters down there are far, far more pleasant than 'round here."   

Krisha nods "Maybe he will...come home, I hope he does..wot happen was an accident and if he thinks Benar is dead, he..he may not want to come home"   

Caleb says, "There is a village south ummmm...Mossflower Village...me and Cynthia stopped there, we did get lost on the way back cause of a short cut...its when we"He frowns "Ran into that...umm monitor"

Keldorn asks, "Monitor? Hmm those can be tricky things though likely a little slower due to the weather, the weather is slowly turning cooler now and soon there will be snow in a few weeks"

"Monitor's are easy enough tho deal with, 'specially with a spear..." John says, letting out a long breath. "Though to be frank I think the cooler weather's rubbing of on me! Feeling quite slow recently, eh?" He jokes, laughing, though, after a moment of thinking, he adds, "Mossflower Village? Think I passed through it few times with the caravan I'm with, I do."

Krisha frowns on the monitor and nods, she knows Xander can fight well"Least the harvest is almost done, so no worries on being ready..I jope the Gousim is ready and Camp Willow, not heard on how they are doing yet"   

Caleb says, "I know the plums, and pears were finished right after lunch, some apples still need picked and not sure what else"

Keldorn smiles "The abbey will be ready and when I seen at least the Log-A-Log they..seemed fairly well, had a couple things to build yet like the dinning Hall and a couple one room huts, they had the storage and medical huts made"

"Well, that's all good." Rubbing the back of his head, John smiles. "I can lend a paw for a few days if you lot need it. Though I'll be 'round for a week at most - need to meet back up with m'caravan before the snow hits, as they're planning on wintering by the sea..." Sparing a glance towards the shrew, the squirrel asks, "So the GOUSIM are back and at it again, they are? Good for them..."   

Krisha says, "Its still..some weeks before snow, though I know its, hmmms ..3 weeks walking though if can get a boat its a week to the western shores from the river and yeah they are somewhere along the river moss area, not sure if they are close to camp willow or not, they just recently took care of this pike that was in the river"

Caleb says, "I heard of a pike..large fish with teeth, I know a friend who was in the traveling show, had two small fish with teeth...sharp teeth, he was this strange vole...but he never tried to hurt anyone and beasts left his umm...fish friends alone"

Keldorn chuckles a little and smiles "A lot get ready for winter...ahh the sea..west or east even, good places to visit.I use to be a wanderer...though of doing it again, I..sort of miss it..alot"   

"I was born by the east-sea, m'self." John sighs, leaning against a tree. "Though I don' particularly miss it all that much, I don't." Looking between the mouse and the badger, the squirrel shudders. "Pike and other monsters like that are the reason I don' touch water if I can help it, I swear...Though the caravan's taking carts, so boats won' do them no good. I'll be able to catch up with them, methinks."   

Krisha says, "Guess depends on how fast they travel and what way they take there"She looks over a scroll a novice hands her and nods as she hands it back and sighs, its been a long past 2-3 days.

Caleb says, "I rather just stay at the abbey, maybe one day be Friar even...though some may think healer cause...well dad was main healer for a long while but I like cooking a lot more"

Keldorn says, "One goes where ever they are called to go....me I seem...so unsure..I was a warrior, then became a novice...yet I miss the wandering, it sort of calls to be and staying in one place seems...sad to me, but I have yet to fully decide"
"   
"They're all merchants, so quite a bit of stuff they have." John responds to Kirsha, turning to the shrew. "'Suppose there's some truth to tha, there is. I, m'self, spent many a'season wondering..." The squirrel waves his arms, gesturing to the whole of the abby. "Though if there's a place that's better than here t'stay, haven't heard o'it m'self."   

Caleb says, "I was born here, left a little while with a traveling show but grew homesick so..cam back"

Keldorn smiles "I lived in Halyard and my daughter is there, we...recently got a better terms as...well it was a while ago and I had left, didn't come back...her mother died, but she still has me...so maybe I will go back to Halyard, the city life is something I do miss and could help my daughter run her business she has now"   

"Say," John looks Caleb up and down, "You're of Dorarose's babes, aren't you? Don' know if you'd remember me, the name's John, only was 'round a few times when y'were a dibbon..." Shrugging he, turns his attention to Keldorn. "Halyard's actually the very place the caravan's planning t'stay."   

Krisha has been listening but also quietly off to the side speaking with a couple beassts on stuff that needs done, "Yes Tell Sister Ginny I will be there likely in an hour or two."She looks over to the others briefly before sitting back down to rest a little while.

Caleb says, "Yeah Dorrose is my mom and...no sorry, then likely didnt pay much attention unless one was here a long time and when I was a novice I was fairly busy"

Keldorn hmmms softly "Maybe...I could come along.I will think on it and know more in a weeks time"   

John nods. "Maybe. If y'don' mind me asking, what's your daughter's name? Friends in the caravan will probably want t'know, especially if she trades...And honestly, mate," he says to Caleb, "Think I saw far more of your sister and mum rather than you, so no worries..."   

Krisha says, "If you do go Keldorn, let me know ok.."Right now anyways she is the main one with the abbot recovering and the champion out looking for Xander....yeah no wonder things are so busy for her."   

Caleb nods "Oh...well thats ok as well."

Keldorn says, "Seria...she has a small tavern, she also trades silks and makes cloaks and such"   

"Oh, oaky then. Thanks." John says, pushing him self free of the tree and wandering over to a nearby basket. "Keldorn, if y'do end up comin-just know we'll be there for the whole winter, and most likely won' be back 'round these parts for a couple seasons at least."

Keldorn chuckles "I will give it thought yes....and a couple seasons may not be..too bad of a trip, after all I wandered seasons before and didnt think too much of it and my daughter would likely be happy to see me again, who knows maybe your come back without me"   

"Aye, well, y'should think 'bout it." John waves to the shrew as he leaves, before turning back to the mouse. "'Suppose it might be..." He picks up an apple from the basket, polishing it and taking a bite. "The thing 'bout here is all the fruit - very rare t'find apples near peaches in the wild, it is..."   

Caleb chuckles"Well we have a lot of different fruit and nut trees around the orchards, together in areas of course, also some blackberry and strawberries too, some other crops.....think found a peach tree once traveling, and a couple apple trees, heard a cheery orchard is somewhere north of the river moss but also that the owner is a but..moody or so heard, the family been like real..guess...protective of it"   

John nods. "As they should be!" He points to the wall. "I bet if Redwell didn't have those these tree would be picked clean every year, they would!"   

Caleb says, "True.....the abbey I don't think has cherry trees...but we do get some from Ferravale at times, and a couple other things think they trade, not sure what all it is though"   

Krisha had left a short while and now comes back, a nod as she looks tried "Trying to do abbot duties and Badgermother duties at same time is tireing, but its going fairly well so far"   

Smiling, John nods to the badger. "'Suppose you would be the one in charge now. Good t'hear its going well." Taking another bite of the apple, the squirrel leans to one side, looking into the rows of trees. "Really? I could have sworn there were some cherry trees down there- o'course," he says as he leans back, "That was back when I were younger than you, it were! So who knows what happened to them..."   
Caleb hmms "Maybe a couple, but thats all...not sure what trees are in Ferravale"   

Krisha says, "Bout as well as it could anyways.I will likely check on the abbey before I go to bed but no other news on how he is, which suppose is good...means he is either a little better and that he isn't any worse"

"That /is/ good." John says, looking up at the sky. "Only have one grave t'visit still..." He lets out a long sigh, tossing the apple core off into some bush. "Honestly, didn' even know the town had an orchard."   

Caleb says, "its small but they do, then again that is helpful for a town, they have crops too....I mean its not as large as the abbey of course"   

Krisha nods, she frowns "Guessing.....Oz...he died at the begining of Summer, something was wrong with his breathing and he couldn't do as much...he seemed to get a little better and then collpasted between the pond and the orchards, he...he died a week later"   

Caleb frowns, he had heard of course on Oz, just not how he died.He does listen a little as he sits by the tree.   

"Aye, Oz..." The squirrel is quiet for some time, before saying with a shrug, "It was bound to happen sometime - he were ancient when I were a dibbun, he were, and I'm just glad he made it so long..."   

Krisha says, "He was...fairly old yes...he did a lot and a lot being blind, he..trained me to take his place I had hoped to learn more from him though..then maybe wasn't much to really learn still"

Caleb stands as he is called off to help with dinner, he gives a wave and hurries off.

John sighs, waving once again to another reiterating beast. "Aye, Oz did a lot - an understatement, methinks...Unfortunately," he says, sitting down on a covered basket, "Never listened t'him or his wisdom when I were young, and I've paid for that quite a lot, I have..."

Krisha frowns "He...was good at advise and wisdom, hopefully I will be too one day...I can give some advise but...well beasts seem to think I know everything, even Oz didn't know..everything"She frowns "Like...when I asked wot to say when...he...he said to tell the dibbuns the truth, and dont hide crying from them...a couple dibbuns still will ask where Papa Oz is....really young ones don't really understand well...but they do know he..isn't around, some do understand I think or sort of do....least they didn't see him collapse. They were all at the pond at a camp out..fun and stuff"She frowns "The summer heat was getting to Oz and he said he was gonna find some shade and..be back...an otter named Hawkeye found him unconscious, he woke a few morments and then went into a very deep faint he never woke from"   

John wears a rather grim expression as he listens, his face getting darker with every word. "I...see..." He says, after a moment or so of silence when she finishes. "You'll do fine. Wisdom and advice jumped me one day, and suddenly I was able to talk to beasts well. When I were young I was a hot-blooded idiot, as I'm sure some beasts 'round here will testify to." He looks down, adding, in a small voice, "Oz was right though - truthfulness and speaking one's mind is the best way t'go." In a far lighter tone, he adds, "And I'll let y'in on a secret, lass - no' one beast ever knows everything, and most don' know anything! Y'make it up as you go along, or at least speak honestly and plainly as y'see things, you do."   

Krisha chuckles a little "Guess one day I will be old and..well hopefully full of wisdom of some sort"   

"Aye," John replies, with a laugh of his own, "One I'll be old and grey too!"

Krisha smiles a little and then frowns as she hears a sob, turning to see a lone dibbun "What is the matter..."The dibbun reaches up and frowns "They is alls making de rooom sticky with honey and leaves and...and theys trying to hide the broccoli.."The badger mother sighs and excuses herself, she best go tend to the dibbuns and sounds like save a side dish that was for dinner.

Board footer