Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-09-28 04:35:51 PM

oz

Unexpected Guests At The Mountain part 2 -LP LOG

WHO:

Ciocan-Badger Lord

Zolomon-Private First Class, archer, runner in LP

Cera- Healer and Private in LP

Invar- Visitor

Esen-Injured and healing, Visitor

Few spoofed hares

LOG:

Esen has been on the cot, laying fairly still...sometimes seemly too still as her breathing at first got worse and then slowly better after another few hours had passed and healers came and went, by now most likely know of the guests. She also finally makes a weak sort of sound, one of some pain and she has a headache, a fever that's not high, but not a light fever either,but its a lot closer to low grade than high at least.   

Invar is still there, sat next to the bed. He's been lost in thought for what feels like days never mind it just being hours. For a while he really thought she was dead so he's a mess of worry and the slightest noise makes him look over. As she sounds in pain he sighs quietly and goes to place a paw on her arm "Y'goin' t'be alright. Y'climbed mountains an' fought cliffs, y'have t'be" he quietly mutters.   

Cera had come in and looked to where the badgers were, as if they would of left.She stays at the doorway for now.   

Zolomon has been out mostly as he peeks in now and then quietly slips off..it's likely he will be back soon.   

Esen groans, she sounds weak and tried.She gives a little shiver as she mutters something as she fights to come awake, a small gasp of pain when she goes to move her leg that's bandaged now and is still again for about half an hour, till her eyes slowly open and focus on Invar after a few moments.

Invar looks suddenly more alert as she starts moving and he goes to stop her, trying to encourage her to be still "Hey, don't move it, keep still" he says softly before he sees her eyes open and he quietly huffs a little sigh of relief and grins "Hey, y'alright"   

Cera stays close but doesn't walk over just yet as seems its best to let the two badgers talk first in peace.   

Zolomon nods to Cera as he whispers "His..Lordship knows of the umm...guests, not sure his feelings yet or..anyone else's."   

Esen keeps the leg still as she manages to speak "It..hurts some..I re..remember it burning and..so much more pain, couldn't breath well..where are we?"   

Invar just can't stop grinning and goes to squeeze her arm gently "Y'went and waded int'a jellyfish. First time round the sea an' y'ave t'go an' take on seamonsters" he jokes, clearly very relieved. He finally looks at the room "We're in Salamandastron. The hares were on the shore, they 'elped"   

Cera decides to let them call it a monster, in her eyes it could well of been a small one, she steps forwards "And now...your here to rest and recover, it..wont be some over night thing there is likely some..poison still in your body, but a lot is out and no more is gonna be an issue."

Zolomon steps out, he did need to report when someone woke up after all.....   

Esen manages a weak smile.."I think..dislike jellyfish now..."She nods to the healer, she is fine with resting, in fact she has no energy right now at all.   

Invar chuckles and grins at Esen "I don't think they liked us very much either. No more swimmin' with jellyfish" another little sigh of relief and he looks over to Cera and nods once "Thank y', again"   

Zolomon is heard in the hallway "I suppose I could of waited sur but ya did say ta tell you right away..." Another voice is heard, deep and sort of rubbbleing"Its alright Zolomon though....knock next time"   

Cera nods "Your..welcome"She turns to the voices in the hallway now and straightens up a little.

Esen nods, "Sounds like a plan..."She is awake yes, but very tried still and sore.She would look at the doorway but, no hurts to move much at all.   

Invar's ears flick to the rumbling voice and he tilts his head when Cera straightens. It doesn't take him much to jump to a conclusion and he stands but keeps his paw on her arm as some sort of reminder that she's definitely still there "That's either a badger lord or an officer" he mutters to Esen. He seems slightly on edge and alert.   

Zolomon walks in, but steps aside when someone else needs to duck a little to enter the room, muttering bout how some of these doorways are so annoying, then he is 8.5 feet tall.He is dressed in some normal every day clothing as its not like he wears his armor unless needed , he decided to not change into anything fancy either at this time. Its Lord Ciocan as he takes in his new guests and studies them, he then nods as he speaks "So it appears I do have guests then, greetings to you both"   

Cera gives a quick salute and stays off to the side, giving the badger lord some room.   

Esen does look over but stays laid down, whoa...that's a tall badger as she manages a weak hello, she likely could easyly slip into sleep but least it be sleep this time and not a deep faint.   

Invar gets pretty used to looming over everyone but there's no chance of that here. He bows his head as Ciocan appears "Yer lordship, it's an honour and we really are grateful t'yer hares for their help" he's oddly nervous and glances at Esen as he straightens up before looking back to the badger lord and talking very quickly "Er, I'm Invar, this is Esen. We were in the area and had an accident, we didn't intend t'intrude...I mean, I had wished t'visit but by askin' not through jellyfish attacks"

Ciocan looks between the two badgers and nods , "I am glad my hares were able to help you, you both can stay while she recovers, someone can bring meals to here for Esen"

Cera stays where she is, she nods once "And the healers here will help when needed, though she does need a lot of rest still, wont say out of danger yet but ..she is better than she could of been anyways"   

Esen is still a little too tried to sya or do much, and she has a headache as well it seems but she is listening as they talk.   

Invar lets out the breath he was holding. He was half expected to be kicked out or at least questioned a lot, the tales of male badgers not getting along were numerous "Thank y'. I, er, left our things on the beach in all the chaos, if it would be alright for me to get everythin' a little later?...Or should I stay in this room an' not wander about too much?...I mean I'd love t'see yer library. Love t'see the whole place really. I come from Redwall, the legends of this place...well, erm, yah know them of course" he's like a nervous fan now the worst of the danger seems to be gone.   

There is some quietness 'I can have a couple of my hares go with you to get your stuff and then you can come back here, your likely wanting to stay where Esen is my guess" He seems to think before speaking again "A guest room can be made ready soon and your welcome to come to the dinning hall for dinner or dinner can be brought to you here if you rather stay here."He smiles "Out library is very impressive, just your not allowed to go into the records room, its off limits to most unless our recorder lets you look inside and he will likely stay with you"   

Cera sits down in her chair quietly, she is still on duty in the infirmary after all.   

Esen quietly listens and lets her eyes drift shut as she needs some sleep, sleep will likely help her, and she can still have something light to eat and drink when she wakes up.   

Invar seems relieved every time he's not told to leave immediately. He looks back as Esen when she's mentioned and seeing that she's drifted off he briefly checks her wrist for a pulse before smiling faintly and stepping away so he doesn't wake her up by talking "Yes, if it's alright I thin I would like t'stay here. At least for a little while as she's restin'. A proper bed, dinner and bath sound about heaven" he's sporting a broken arm, they probably both need the rest "Is it true y'have hot springs here?...And a forge that never runs cold? Oh! And the bottomless pool?" he knows a lot about the place for never having been there before and he's very enthusiastic about it.   

Ciocan listens and manages a chuckle "You seem to know a lot on this place and yes we do have those places here Invar."He notices the broken arm and hmms "Seems you need some rest as well, rest is good for any beast and you can stay at her side, likely the best place to be as you two seem to care for one another and I am not about to separate you two."He smiles "Maybe one of my hares can give a tour later on....one can show where the baths are here soon, and the forge is always running either myself or our main forge hare keeps an eye on it, though I have been letting him work in the forge more often lately, he seems to like it there"   

Cera asks, "The pool is really bottomless?" Ok maybe she spoke out of turn and frowns "Sorry...should I get..food or..wait?" One of them is asleep so she is unsure.   

Invar finally starts to relax and grin again "What's a badger cub t'do growing up with Redwall's library but read about legends of badger lords?" he looks back to Cera and seems happy to provide answers even if he doesn't live there "Well, bottomless in the sense that no one had found the bottom. A badger lord apparently dragged some vermin down it with him and none of them were ever found again...less that's changed since? I think I read he haunted the pool after that. There's probably all sorts of ghosts around here" and he looks delighted by the idea of that. He looks back to Ciocan and then over to Esen again "We're friends. Heh, we came over the mountains from Mossflower. She'd met me once, decided to follow me up a mountain" there's that grin again...He snaps out of it and raises the splinted broken arm with a chuckle "Had a little accident with a landslide. Got attacked by a mountain, could 'ave come off worse"   

The badger Lord nods, "I..see and yes Lord Stonepaw, his body was never recovered." He is quiet before speaking again "Dinner is soon, if you like something to eat or you can wait till Esen wakes up"

Invar looks out the door thinking of all the things he's read about "Never added t'the badger tomb" he's thinking for a moment but finally blinks and looks back once more to the badger maid "I should stay...It's a strange place t'wake up in and she's had a pretty bad day"   

Ciocan nods"Prehaps its best...I will have a hare bring you both a meal then, then you both can get some needed rest and perhaps once she feels better, both have a tour"   

Invar chuckles quietly "Last thing y'need is a confused and injured badger roamin' the halls if she wakes up an' forgets where she is. Once she's up an' better there'll still be plenty of time t'look around...but I would definitely accept a meal in the meantime. We were startin' t'run a bit low on supplies in the swamps before the beach"   

The badger Lord nods "The swamp is not the best place for many supplies and very little good water either. Though there was a hare that survived there for 3 seasons somehow"He looks to a tap on his shoulder as a hare speaks quietly, a nod and dismissal of the hare to go elsewhere "It would seem I am needed elsewhere. We can chat again soon"

Invar nods along "Smelt like somethin' awful too, wadin' through the muddy parts was not somethin' I'd like t'make a habit of let alone live in fer seasons" he watches the hare appear and nods once "Then I thank y'fer yer time an' all yer hares help savin' Esen" he throws up a very rough salute before laughing "It's a pleasure"

Ciocan smiles and then heads off to do what ever badger lord duties call him, later on a meal will be brought up for Esen and Invar.

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer