Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-08-27 05:00:41 PM

Elbio Hare and Alts

Well..This Afternoon was..Ummm..well- Guosim LOG

Who:

Vilfred-Log-A-LOG

Xander- Leader of Mossflower Defenders

Keldron- Novice of Redwall Abbey

Zeek-Evil Vermin Lizard

Bushtail-Evil thieving Marten

Some spoofs of various Guosim

Some spoofs of a small woodlander group of mice

LOG:

It was a fair day, not to hot as it was slowly becoming autumn weather and so a couple shrews were out fixing a log boat and chatting away, a joke of some sort as they chuckle and laugh, well least they are not arguing like they could do.The river is fairly calm, there is a light breeze even and its just after lunch.

Little did the shrews know that there were other beasts in the woods, not too far away. They pause in a small clearing, resting against the trees and gasping for breath. "Well... that could have gone better."

The blue scaled lizard glares daggers at his friend. "Gone better? You nearly got usss killed!"

"Hey," The marten summons enough breath to rant, "I was the one who got us free! If not for me you would be luggage and I would be made into a hat by now!" Clearly a beast of the feast, well fed and swollen she still stands a head taller than her smaller reptile counterpart.

"They may just yet! We havn't escaped yet!"

"Yet. Once we get across the river, we will be in the clear." The marten thief narrows her eyes to the shoreline. "There, see? The universe provides. We take their boat, we are home free..."

With the sound of foot paws on their heels, the two bandits decide to toss discretion to the wind. They materialize from the bushes, making their way casually to the shrews.

"Top of the morning!" The fat marten waves her paw at them while Zeek hides a dagger behind his back.

The two shrews look at the lizard and marten and then each other, one decides to speak "Wha ya want?" They are clearly alert as one never knows if a beast is friend or foe. The other shrew just frowns, no one else is here and Log-A-Log is on a bit of a fishing trip with a small group of the shrews, so it seems it is just them, the camp is close but very well hidden from view is the path to the shrew camp.

"A small castle and a hot bath, but don't we all?" The marten laughs, "But for right now I will settle on your good will and generosity to take us across the river." The marten claps her paws together, "And in return Zeek here won't kill your friend, won't you Zeek?"

The lizard lunges forward, paw stretched out to grab one shrew by the scruff of his neck, while the dagger goes for his throat...

Not their best plan but, beggars can't be choosers with an angry mob right behind them...

The shrews are not about to give anyone a boat and for sure not now when one shrew is grabbed and right away gets out a small dagger to stab the lizard with, weather the dagger stabs anyone before the dagger is laid at his throat is uncertain. The other shrew backs up a litter and looks ready to call on some help.

Vilfred is nearby with another couple shrews in his log boat, "I say this was most successful trip indeed my friends!"

Xander is on his way to the camp but he is not close enough to know there is trouble, paws in his pockets as he walks along "And he said stay a season...learn from Log a Log, and yes I..told a couple where I would be just....debating on weather its a good plan or not and if it will even help"

Keldorn pats the badger on the arm "Faith my dear friend, things may look like they will not work out at first but then they do, stay positive and not down."

Zeek isn't paid enough to get stabbed, unfortunately. He isn't even paid at all! So when his would-be shrew hostage tries to fight back, he just proceeds with slaughtering him. He slashes the shrew across the neck before tossing him into the river.

"Blast it Zeek! I told you not to kill him!" The marten yells. She points to the remaining shrew, "You, the one with the silly face. You want to join your friend? If not, then you are going to take us across the river..."

The Shrew that is stabbed and has their throat slit struggles a moment and then any sign of live fades quickly from their eyes.They are...dead.

The other shrew gasps "Ash!" That's clearly the now very dead shrew's name as the friend backs up and frowns, then glares daggers at the vermin, and cups their paws to their mouth!

"LOGALOGALOGALOGALOGALOGALOGALOG!!" Of course he backs away from the log boat, it could easily be grabbed but the call was...given! Yeah there could be trouble.

Xander nods and frowns"What was...that?" He heard a scream, a call of some sort and has his blade, ok he starts jogging now in case some beast is in trouble.

Keldorn blinks, now he has read some stuff on Mossflower history and he knows "Sounded like Log a something...wait it's shrew like call of battle."He follows his friend, not that he is a fighter any more but he could maybe do, well something to help.

"There see? Now we have shrews after us." The marten rolls her eyes, she goes to grab the remaining shrew, trying to push the beast into the boat before pushing it towards the sea into the river.

"Get the boat out to the river. I will hold them off." The lizard takes a fighting stance, eyeing the badger out of all the other opponents. It won't be easy, but he only needs to stall for-

Zeek glances over his shoulder to see the boat already in the river and sailing away from him. "B-bushtail! You coward!"

The marten slumps into the boat, paws folded behind her head. The heavy beast more than envelops the boat, and it visibly dips on her end. "Sorry buddy! Only room for two on the boat. You understand, right?"

"BUSHTAIL!" Zeek begins cursing in multiple languages. He takes one look at the angry horde of shrews, the badger, and the angry woodlander beasts pouring out of the woods that were chasing them earlier. He whimpers before deciding to take a crash course in swimming.

He dives into the river...

Vilfred hear the call and right away "Change of the plans!" He has 2 other shrews with him in his Log boat and yep looks like likely the rest or most of the rest is on the shore to see what is happening now

A LOT happens at once, Ash, if she wasn't dead before is dead now as a shape grabs them and they sink further into the river leaving blood..the shape makes a mess and seems to not be done as it sees Zeek and goes to swim up to them and grab them by the tail to make them lunch!

Its soon clear, it's a large, very LARGE pike! A lot of sharp teeth and it has a smaller friend who seems to like shrew as any hope of burying Ash is now gone!This is not good news at all! The shrews on the land aim longbows with arrows and then fire, about 3 shrews on land with their longbows aimed at Bushtail, the one shrew captive eeps"HEY!" Yeah don't hit a fellow shrew.

Xander scoots to a stop and narrows his eyes as he scans the area, he sees the vermin and snorts, blade out but the vermin are in the water, great now what.

Keldorn pants as he makes it to the area and frowns , he then blinks wait was that"There is something in the water!!"

Zeek let's out a terrified shriek. He fails his arms in the air, calling for Bushtail to save him. The marten twists in her seat, "Zeek!" She then yelps as an arrow hits the boat beside her. In her haste, she topples over the boat, and begins to dog paddle to the other shore line.

Zeek is... less fortunate. He manages one more gasp of air as he is dragged under, his beautiful tail threatened to be ripped clean off...

The smaller Pike decides lizards are delicious and grabs it from the larger Pike, poor Zeek, meanwhile in its anger it goes after the marten. The shrew that was on the log boat screams and starts swimming to shore as fast as they can manage while these pikes are...well distracted!The shrews on shore fire more arrows, one lands in the large pike's head.

Vilfred stands up carefully on his boat and balances himself as he scans the area, the other two shrews watch nervous as the Pikes are around, he frowns and has a small raspier in paw if the pike gets close or if the marten gets too close,he looks to the shore and his shrews on the boat "Try to get to shore now"

Xander frowns, he keeps the blade out as he watches the marten, if needed he can fight that but he frowns at the water "What..is that?" Oh yeah he notices the pike or least the larger one he does.

Keldorn says, "A pike, they are very dangerous creatures though one may be a lot younger." A dibbun pike maybe, who knows, "The water is not safe, my friend, try me"

Zeek opens his muzzle to scream, but only takes in more water. Part of his tail is left behind as he finds his fate in the jaws of the smaller pike. His movements become less frantic as darkness begins to envelop his vision.

He never comes up for air...

Bushtail hardly cares at this point. She is more concerned with surviving herself and not getting eaten by the larger pike! The barrage of arrows likely saved her life, if they did anything at all to distract the pike. She makes it to sour, cold, waterlogged, and exhausted. She nearly collapses until an arrow lands next to her head. Fear drives her onward and she picks herself up, half running, half dragging her swollen carcass through the woods. Her trail is easy to follow and the marten has not put much distance between herself and any pursuers who have made it across the river...

Vilfred narrows his eyes "Someone after the maten!" He says, he can care less whom, the two pikes seem to work together and ram into the only boat in the river now,..LOG-a-LOG'S! He gasps as the boat is clearly torn in two by the large deadly pike, a volley of arrows land in the smaller pike as it sinks to the bottom of the river and to its death, meanwhile the larger one circles the two shrews and Log-A-Log who stabs it, the Pike circles them and goes to dive and its tail slams into Log-A-Log and he is knocked out cold and sinks under the river...ummm not good!

"LOg-a-LOg!" Scream one of the two shrews, they both gasp at the pike and gulp,now very afraid.

Xander narrows his eyes as he sees the marten and grips his blade, he looks to the river and the marten, does he go after her or let the shrews get her.

Keldorn frowns and watches, he then dives into the river to go after Log-a-Log without thinking much on weather its a good plan or not, a fellow shrew is gonna drown if he doesn't do anything.He does have a craving knife if needed, even if he is a novice he will stab a pike for defense.

Said marten pauses to catch her breath, throwing herself against a tree for support. Zeek always told Brushtail that her diet would be the death of her one day. She just never imagined it would be like this! The gluttonous thief struggles to quell her beating heart, her legs are on fire and her vision is going in and out. "Maybe... maybe we shouldn't have robbed that baker on the way out of town, right Zeek?" She laughs, glancing over her shoulder the laughter fades. "Oh..." This can't be the end! She won't let it be the end!

Getting her third wind, or forth, she starts to push herself forward at a brisk lumbering gait...

The large pike is clearly still alive as it circles the two shrews making in hard to swim away, one panics "Log -a-Log!!" And angry shrews on the shore, yeah the badger may not get to her in time, the marten has like 6 angry shews after them now with rapiers and arrows fired and they are fast shrews too!"Death to the vermin!!!"

Vilfred meanwhile sinks, but he is grabbed by his fellow shrew Keldorn and it remains to be seen how he is once back to shore. The large pike keeps the two shrews in the water by circling them "You stab it moron....no you do it....you!" What a time to argue.

Xander snorts and turns as he frowns "Keldorn?" He looks to the water and frowns more"No no no no"

Keldorn has a hold of Vilfred and gasps as he resurfaces and gets to the shore, he rubs the Log-A-Log's back and coughs a little himself as he looks to the water and frowns, "Oh...not good...."

The marten lets out a shrill scream as she takes the proverbial arrow to the knee. She drops to the ground, tears in her eyes before crawling forward until she can hobble along again. IF she can just get somewhere to hide, then... then she... and then...

She sighs. It's over.

Throwing her back against a tree she holds up both paws. "STOP!" She cries, "For the love of all that is holy, stop!" She says to the advancing shrews, "I'm just as much a victim in this as the other shrews! The lizard made me do it! He was... he was threatening me life! Please! Spare me and... and I can make it worth your while!" The fat bellied beast begins to breath harder as nervousness takes over, "I know where other bandits are! Let me live and you can wipe out whole bandit settlements! Just... just hear me out..."

The shrews are....not pleased as this vermin caused the death of a fellow shrew and for all they know their Log-a-Log is dead and that means revenge time,they circle her weapons drawn.Meanwhile it does seem Log-a-Log is..gone, but then a gasp and coughing, water being thrown up and he is shivering.A groan and he passes out.The pike meanwhile dives and the two shrews act fast to get to land, the pike snaps at one as they barely make it and look at the floating remains of a log boat and..the net of fish, well the pike can feast on some fish maybe or some of the fish anyways as maybe half the fish is on shore,the other half are back in the water.The two are shaken up but ok and quickly go to Log-A-Logs side worried and concern"Log-A-Log?"

Xander sighs in relief as he goes to check on the other shrews and sees Bushtail, he takes a deep breath"Who are you and why are you here, who did you kill?" A shrews whispers to him and he frowns,ok no clue who Ash is but it was a shrew as he looks at the marten"I should...slay you BUT.......that's not my decision, that's the Guosim 's decision"

Keldorn coughs and checks on Log-a-Log as he looks at the others, he shivers a little too "He..lives...."He pants and catches his breath, he looks for any wounds as he does know healer skills and is learning more in fact.He looks at the calmer water and speaks "Anyone...else need a healer?"

"YES! The Guosim's decision! You can't kill me without asking me to see your leader!" The pine marten nearly shrieks. "I'm just an innocent beast! I didn't do anything wrong! The lizard forced me into it!" Yes, she thinks, this can work. She can sweet talk any beast. She just needs to-

Out of the corner of her eye, Bushtail catches sight of a large group of woodlanders coming out of the forest to help the shrews. Well, it won't be long until they find out that she and the lizard stole from that village and have a date with a noose.

The marten briefly wonders which is worse, death by shrew or the gallows.

Vilfred is...yeah unconscious but no wounds, he was knocked out though..meanwhile the shrews just keep Bushtail surrounded the only ones who know Log-a-Log is ok is the two at camp "Yeah..." Says one "And he may be dead.,....cause of ya vermin scum.."A couple shrews look at the other woodlanders and to the marten "They lookin' fer ya...scumfur?"

Xander glares but steps back and takes a few calming breaths in and out, in and out as he grips the blade making his knuckles white in fact as he fights the urge to slice off a martens head, he stays where he is, calm?...Not really, he does glance at whomever else seems to know the marten some reason and snorts.

Keldorn looks to the woods and the other shrews, he can make sure they are ok and help them get Log-A-Log to where he can warm up by the campfire he helps them start,"Blanket....a cloth soaked in rosewater and something for some bruises...go"

The marten only grows more agitated, "Fine!" She shouts, "I'm a thief. I stole from a village up north of here. I'll give you ten guesses as to what." The beast slaps her midriff with both paws before pointing accusingly to the river, "Zeek was the murder happy idiot. He killed the shrew, not me! And that... other guard... I'm just a thief! But I know where half the bandits in Mossflower make camp and sell their loot. Let me live and you can kill a dozen, hundreds of other bandits but only if I'm alive!" Brushtail starts to whimper, her wounded leg is on fire!

A sort of 2nd in command shrew points his raspier  at the marten"Shut up before let badger rip you apart..."He looks to the other woodlanders "You want to kill marten?" The shrews still have her very much surrounded,they are usually not ones to take a captive.

Vilfred meanwhile groans a little but stays unconscious, he should be ok but will take a few days to recover and that log boat of his is clearly ruined and likely washed down stream by now.

Xander eyes flash, yeah permission to kill something would be nice right now, but he tries to calm himself and paces back and forth, he just wanted a walk and a calm day and gets this, wonderful...

Keldorn looks at the woods uncertain as to what is going on and stays at the shrew campsite for now .

A mouse steps out of the crowd quickly gathered around the poor marten. "Ahem," He coughs into a paw, "Well, we did go through the trouble of constructing a gallows for those two scallywags. So... yes. They are not long for this world either way... but, we don't want trouble with the shrews either..."

Bushtail is pulling at her ears by now, "You lot of fools! Listen to me! Let me go and you will be able to hang a dozen more of me! Isn't that what you shrews do, ya happy murderin' lot of little monsters?" She begins to laugh hysterically now. Why isn't her silvertongue working? Why did this have to happen? Life is so unfair! She just wanted to rob people of their belongings! She doesn't deserve to pay for her crimes! Why can't they see that? "It... it can't end like this. Not to these dolts. I... I'm supposed to live out me days in comfort on fine wine and other beasts gold... I can't die to... to shrews..." Oh blast, this really is the end!

"Wait! Don't... don't do it!"

The shrews get into a little huddle and talk, more like argue and after a moment they look at the marten "I say she dies....let de go up after her take her away..if she is seen again..she is greeted with painful death"That's if death doesn't find her first.

Xander snorts as he sits by a tree and stabs the ground with his blade, grumbness slowly fading, unless something ticks him off again.

Keldorn stands and goes to check on his friend, with a be right back my friends, to the shrews at camp

The marten closes her eyes and gulps as they decide her fate. Any moment now and a blade is going to separate her head from her shoulders, or worse. She's heard horror stories about vermin finding their fate at the paws of shrews.

But what's this? They are going to turn her over to the woodlanders? Hope flickers in her heart. Yes, this can work. She escaped from the fools before, she can do it again. "Awww, looks like there won't be a vermin murdin' party after all." She chuckles as the mice grabbed her by the arms, "Why the long faces, mates? Sad because you lost your prey? Don't you worry, I'll be back. Just you wait. I'll get out of this yet."

"Tell it to the noose miss!" A mouse shoves the beast along...

The shrews step back and watch her, yeah let these others handle her they have a LOg-A-Log to tend to as they start to head back to their camp.

Keldorn steps into the woods and steps aside of the shrews and blinks as he walks further towards his friend and the group that has the marten "Oh so...the marten was caught I see."

The beast rolls her eyes, "Caught? I surrendered! There is no way I would be caught by some dimwitt shrews and their pet stripedog. Or are you one of those weird beasts raised by wild shrews? Oh! I'm sorry, did they tell you that you were just an unusually tall shrew all this time with half the brain of a walnut?"

The woodlanders grab the marten more firmly now, half dragging half leading her away. She is filled with anger at the lost of her friend, the euphoria at not being immediately killed, and a lot of pain. Bushtail knows that she should just shut her trap but she just can't help herself, not if she really is being led away to the gallows. But angry beasts are prone to making mistakes. If she can just get them to slip up somewhere between here and the village...
The shrews, or s couple turn and stare at her , mutter something and just turn back around.The Log-a-Log is still a bit unconscious as the worried shrews gather around him.Meanwhile in the river, it may look calm but that pike is still there quietly swimming towards the surface as it seems to peek out of the water a little and dives again quietly. The other pike is dead and the large pike is a bit...moody, why? Oh maybe the other one was its dibbun, well any beast can have family after all..this pike seeks more meat..the lizard and shrew seem not enough for it, it wants something else.

Keldorn frowns as he watches the marten dragged away "Mayhaps you should talk less and be quiet more miss...it is wise advice yes?"

Xander eyes flash as he growls at the marten and walks closer "Shut..up...now"His eyes flash slightly as he talks, he glances at Keldorn"Keldorn be careful...please"He is worried ok, he has lost too many lately.He lost his daughter, his old friend and his uncle died recently...he can't risk losing another friend.

"Like HECK I'm going to shut up!" Be it pain or stress, the marten very obviously does not shut up. "You think I'm just going to march up back to the village and let you lot hang me quietly?! You all got Zeek killed! You killed Zee-" One of the mice pull on the marten's ear to get her to quiet down. It... it doesn't work, "I hope your shrew buddy tasted just as good as my poor lizard! You rotten lot of do gooder scoundrels!"

Keldorn frowns as he backs up, this may be a good idea to just stay clear of the marten, just in case.

Xander eyes flash and he storms over to the marten and goes to grab her by the throat, he takes a deep breath and just throws her into the river moss and drops down to his knees to take deep calming breaths.

AND..The pike is clearly there, waiting for possible free dinner.The couple shrews still here look clearly ready and will fire arrows at the marten to make sure she doesn't run or swim far, that's if arrows are needed.

The marten squeaks as the badger grabs her.

Perhaps... she pushed them all a little too far?

She screams bloody murder as she sails through the air, landing with a splash.

Just maybe...

"Help! Help!" The marten cries, flailing her arms in the water and her wounded leg.

A shadow passes around her and her eyes widen, "No, NO, NO- ack!" There is a sudden, sharp pain as the pike snaps its jaws into her waist, sending dozens of rows of sharp teeth deep into her fat gut. She manages a final scream as the pike drags her under to a grizzly fate...

The shrews did fire off arrows, then just..stared as the Pike disappears with the marten and a lot of red foams the river as the marten clearly dies, one shrew looks at the woodlanders and shrugs "She dead...hey better fate for killing a  Guosim shrew "The shrews head back to their camp now.

Keldorn blinks, he did not need to see that as he walks over to Xander "Sir..Xander? We should get to the camp.....are you...ok sir?"

Xander nods as he stands "I..is Log-A-Log ok?"He asks and looks at the woodlanders that was after Bushtail and to the path to go to the camp.

The woodlanders look... horrified to say the least. Their prisoner was just chucked into a river by a badger. Any hope of recovering her alive is lost as little bits and bobs of marten fur drift to the surface of the water. "What a horrible way to die..." The mouse leader takes off his hat for a moment of silence.

"Well, we had a post hanging feast planned, no reason not to waste it. Justice is what justice does... even if it's by ... pike. Come on lads, time to head home." The mouse nods his heads to the shrews and the crowd disperses one by one.

Vilfred is back at camp in the infirm and after a couple hours wakes up, his shoulder is sore when the pike slammed into him, lucky it's not broken but bruised badly ,he groans "Aye......worse..day...ever" His cot is quickly surrounded and shrews ask if he is ok, oh thank the seasons he is alive.

Keldorn shoos them away "He needs rest go go..shoo." He looks back to Vilfred and smiles "Good to see you awake Log A-A-Log I am Novice Keldorn..former knight and now healer and novice of Redwall Abbey."

Xander steps over and smiles"Log-a-LOG your ok...I am glad and.,...was worried.A pike was in the river and there was some..issue with a marten but she..died."He looks at Keldorn and back to the Log-a-Log.."Keldorn dived into the river and got you out when you were knocked unconscious he...saved your life" He can explain here later why he is here, besides making sure the shrew is ok.

Vilfred listens "Wot?" He remembers a flash of something in the water and panicking and just a lot of battle noise.A healer steps over and checks him as he is updated "Ash is....dead sir but his death avenged..there was a smaller pike but it was slain, the larger one is still..out there, it destroyed your log boat...one guard has an injured arm and...your shoulder is bruised."The Log-A-Log frowns as he listens, "And the marten is dead, as is the lizard who killed...ash" Other details can be later.

Keldorn nods"Yes is...it is true..a pike is in the river moss right now, it almost killed a couple other shrews but they escaped to shore...and I was not thinking when I dove into the water of the pike, I was thinking to save a life."

Xander nods"I am glad your ok Log-a-log..I was on the way to your camp for another reason, but I can...tell you later, you need rest"

Vilfred aves a paw "Rest...can wait...owwwwww"He moves and it hurts as he sighs "You are welcome here....and can stay a couple days if want, perhaps...help around camp"

Keldorn goes on outside the infirmary tent and will check on things later,he only plans to stay a few days himself.

Xander speaks "I can help and it would be more than a couple days...if allowed of..course"He is quiet then speaks "Abbot Benar suggested I ...stay a season, help you out and..and learn some leadership skills from you. I can help wherever needed, move heavy things around, get supplies to camp, I can..even help build some of your buildings just need..shown how"Heck it be a good skill to learn after all.

Vilfred listens and nods, a smile forms on his snout"Of course you can stay and help!" He grins and sits up carefully, only to tense in pain and lay back down " My shrews can..show you how to build....we do need the infirm building finished up, some huts to sleep in and the dinning hall..a storage building is done just needs.....well stuff to store in it for winter and badgers are most strong to carry things indeed."He goes to pat his arm"Thank you and suppose should thank Abbot Benar as well."He glaces outside "And Novice Keldorn for..saving me life, if he had not risked his life...for mine....the Guosim  would of had to pick a new Log-A-Log."

Xander nods "I am glad he saved you and yes he risked a lot seeing as that large pike and at the time the smaller one was...very much still in the river."He frowns "And I will see what can be done about the pike...I promise Log-a-Log and...thanks for letting me stay here and giving me a chance to learn from you"

Vilfred nods "You are welcome..Xander,,,I think I will rest now, tell my shrews I am ok and that you are here for a season to help us, we will figure out about the pike...for now my good friend we rest...have Berwin make a meal for you and Novice Keldorn and when he wants to go home let my shrews escort him."He knows Berwin will bring him something as well."Again...thank you.." He will rest, get up to eat dinner and then back to sleep to get much needed rest.

Last edited by Elbio Hare and Alts (2019-08-27 05:04:03 PM)

I play
Elbio-LP Hare
Vilfred-LOG-A-LOG

Board footer