Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-06-10 07:59:42 PM

oz

Camp Out But Where Did Oz Go?-Redwall Abbey(ICLY Wednesday June 12th)

WHO:

Oz-Badger mother, AKA Papa Oz

Krisha-Badger Mother in Training

Hawkeye-Retired Warrior and no Bar Tender

Northstar-Little Badger Dibbun

Spoofed Dibbuns

Log:

The grounds by the pond is set up with a few tents, and a table with some snacks is set up..cookies in the shape of flowers, some strawberry fizz drink, cut up pears and peaches and some candy chestnuts, also some cheese and bread.

Its set up for the dibbuns! As it's finally Camp Out day by the pond, there is even an area where some games can be played, there is still time to swim as being summer its still light out a couple hours past dinner. The dibbuns got to have dinner outside today and of course there is a couple Order beasts helping to keep an eye on them, a couple others will likely be around when its night time. By the fire pit an area is being sit up to roast some apples that were left from winter storage, saved for this day for the dibbuns and each was able to have half of one once the apples are roasted, there will also be story time!

Krisha is here, she is fully in charge of this, not that she hasn't watched the dibbuns on her own before, she has...for a few weeks when Oz was in the infirm during the siege and watched them as he recovered a couple more weeks after he woke up, she was worried about him but was glad when he was better. But that was last summer, right before Autumn in fact.

Northstar is playing with some skipping stones, sort of by the other dibbuns and sort of not, she doesnmt always play with the otehrs too often, she is a bit taller than most of them, expect the 2-3 otter dibbuns and they always seem to play with her. She giggles as they splash in the pond a little in the shallows.

Oz was close by, a mouse dibbun huged him as he smiles a little, he sighs as it was hot today, then it is summer after all and he seemed to debate if he should find some shade or not. "Go on and play with the others" He says to the dibbun, who giggles and runs off. The badger stands slowly and tenses up in pain, a frown as he stands there but it seems to pass so he relaxes again.

Hawkeye wanders over and smiles. He glaces at Oz and goes to him "The dibbuns are having fun so far, how are you my friend? Doing ok...need anything?" He looks over as he watches the dibbuns play and chuckles but he is still paying attention to Oz.

Krisha looks over to where Oz is briefly and then tends to a dibbun who got a skinned knee, "Its ok..lets get a small bandage...there you go, just be careful"Another dibbun hugs her as she ruffles their headfur " Having fun?" They smile and nod "Story time will be soon, I think Papa Oz likely has a good one tonight" The dibbuns cheer at this.

Northstar goes over to Krisha "Unca Oz is oveer there with the otter"She points and seems in a good mood "I like this...sleep outside..see lights up there"She points to the sky.

Oz nods "I am fine..."He walks slowly over to Krisha, resting a moment and then the rest of the way over, giving some dibbuns hugs and chuckles, "Those are stars, perhaps a story about the starts later, hmmm"The dibbuns giggle and hug the old badger, he smiles making sure to spend some time with them. He takes a couple deep breaths a couple times but other wise seems fine, or least is not showing he feels a bit off right now as he stands from kneeling and speaks softly "Go on to Krisha my...my dibbuns, and be good...story time is a bit later..."He sighs, tried..or maybe he is just needing shade, it is hot after all.

Hawkeye watches the dibbuns, and Oz as he frowns and walks over "You ok Oz? Maybe get some shade in the orchards or..just go inside, I could tell a tale of treasure maybe or...even one of a star maybe even"He smiles wide, but he is concern "I can...have a healer check on you"

Krisha helps the dibbuns start a game of skipping stones, and makes sure some others have towels to dry off, and of course plenty of water to drink and strawberry fizzy drink, she even gets some for herself and Northstar.

Oz shakes his head "No..healer, just tried and...not any pain"Yeah right now "I will just sit in the orchards...get some shade and you can come check on me in a little while, I shouldn't...will try to not miss story time"

Krisha meanwhile is with the dibbuns, even splashes a little in the pond with them

Hawkeye nods "As you say my friend...I will be right back, go get some shade" He walks over to Krisha and the dibbuns, he grins at them, he is in a playful mood so some water tricks to which do keep them entertained

Oz didn't really excuse himself he just walked off slowly and headed towards the orchards, some shade would be nice he had decided. He had felt light headed briefly, then decided it must have been the summer heat as it passed after a couple minutes but he decided to quietly go to the infirm when the light headed feeling returned, he frowned as he had not gotten too far before a sharp pain was felt in his chest and he went to take a breath, not a deep one and started coughing, coughing a good minute before managing to stop, half the time his paw by his mouth. He frowned as he tasted a familiar taste in his mouth, his paw was also wet and if he could see...bright red, blood. He didn't need to see to know it either as he took a calming breath and went to walk again as just standing there might look odd. Another coughing spell hit him, more blood was coughed up and he gasped as the feeling of not being able to breath came to him suddenly, serious stabbing pain in his chest, the feeling of tightness and not being able to even take a simple breath caused some panic and he tried to take a breath, seemed to gag a little and reached out for.....nothing, nothing was around or near him to steady himself and then he slipped into unconsciousness and fell to the ground.

Krisha has no way of knowing what happen, though she is a little concern as she looks to the otter and after a couple minutes "Where is Oz?"

Hawkeye answers "Getting some shade...I  willl go check on him, and you dibbuns behave.."He walks towards the orchards and frowns, ok..something just feels...his eyes widen as he rushes over forcing himself to not shout out, and he is by the badger's side "Oz..Oz..."He looks around and quickly gets a novice whom gasps"Get a healer...go now....go boy"The healer rushes off as the otter takes the badger's pulse.

Oz is unconscious, he has been this way maybe 10-15 minutes, he shows no response to shaking not even a groan, there is a little blood by his mouth and on his paw. His pulse is not good at all, a bit fast, yet weak and his breathing is seriously labored. The summer heat has gotten to him a little as well, but this is a lot more than just overheating.

Krisha stays with the dibbuns, she is a little concern but decides if there was a problem, she know by now....surely she would know, she looks at the dibbuns as it is starting to get a little late "I am sure Papa Oz will...be here soon"She hopes but there is a feeling something is wrong, Oz would never break a promise to the dibbuns, if he wasn't there something....something happen but stay, stay put she decides.

Hawkeye steps back and lets the healer check on Oz and frowns, worry showing and then he looks back to the pond....oh no, ok he has to go do something and...ok "I..I leave him with you" He gets back to the pond "Hey...guess what....I am gonna get to do story time"They will get a good story, one of some star in the sky and how it was special, it one day helped make Martin The Warrior's sword.

Oz is tended to by the healer on duty, he makes no response to any questions, any shaking....he remains quiet and no signs he is hearing a thing, he is deeply unconscious. There is a slight shiver a couple times, one time he coughs again, a little trickle of blood...that's not good, nope not at all. With help he will be taken to the infirm, some abbey beasts not at the pond see the old badger taken to the infirm and gasp in concern and worry, should someone get Benar? Where is Benar?..Maybe..maybe not just yet, it is late after all, soon dark...they will see if he gets better or worse first, then if the Abbot is needed to find, they will get news to him.

Krisha frowns but allows the story, a glace at Hawkeye and she goes to the dibbuns "That was nice right...ok everyone lets settle down and get ready for sleep"She smiles but looks at Hawkeye like what happen, where is Oz, tell me...

Hawkeye frowns a little "Infirm..."he says quietly and starts to go check on him"Just...finish the camp out...I will keep you updated"

Oz is taken slowly to the infirmary, he does show signs after a few hours of waking, he shivers badly but they seem a slight bit, only slight but less worried "K..K..Krisha..." He gets out, a few sips of water and he coughs, he needs rest but he wont relax..rest till Krisha comes.....seems they have no choice, a nod to go get the badger. The healer on duty looks back to Oz who is not getting better, in fact he is slowly getting worse and is just barely conscious.

Last edited by oz (2019-06-10 09:13:41 PM)

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer