Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-05-03 04:54:29 PM

Willow

Camp Willow Status

Thought I'd do a quick run down on the current status of Camp Willow to answer a few questions. If anyone wants to know anything else just ask.

The attack on the camp by the vikings was a few years ago now, many lives were lost, many were taken as slaves and most of the camp was burnt down. There has been a lot of rebuilding work to get to where they are now and their numbers are still a lot less than they were but better than it was.

Rebuilding progress:
They've let the woods grow more across the paths leading to the camp to make them less obvious so it's easier to get lost in the marshland around the camp. The guards no longer stand in the open but still watch the paths while hiding out of sight.
The mess hall was rebuilt on the foundations of the old one.
They've built a forge and carpenters workshop to help with the rebuilding.
The infirmary after the attack became a temporary tent by the big willow tree in the main grounds, they've now built a permanent building in the grounds.
They've built a large dormitory where everyone gets a room or a family room to give everyone a place to sleep and a roof over their heads. They have not rebuilt separate houses yet and have prioritised other things but families would be first on the list to get one when they get to it. Otters can build their own home now but they'll need to put the time and effort in or get help themselves as the Skipper is focused on making sure the camp survives.
A home for the orphaned dibbuns has been made with room for teaching classes and playing games.
Work started on rebuilding the tavern last year but stopped due to winter. It's currently a wooden frame with some bricks on it, building will resume later when they have time.

Supplies:
The first year was hard but they've got the basics now and there's always been fish to go around. They've made some proper fields and orchards with seeds from the abbey and woods and started keeping smaller fish to grow in the old canal. Most of the food during the first year was from the abbey or bought from the market. They're just about self sufficient now though the variety of their food can be limited.
The camp used to do more foraging in the woods and growing more at home is Gaheris' way of trying to keep the fighting fit otters closer to home and minimising the amount of otters wandering outside of camp. There are some things they haven't managed to grow and still have to leave camp for though such as shrimp.
Their good hotroot is gone. It used to be they had contests for the hottest soup and a lot of families grew their own in their gardens but they burnt with the camp. They bought hotroot from the market but most of the otters consider it fairly weak and bland.

#2 2019-05-03 04:58:39 PM

Willow

Re: Camp Willow Status

Stuff coming up!

Hotroot hunting:
The good hotroot is gone but the camp is surrounded by the remains of the old buildings. The woods have quickly overgrown most of the burnt remains of the old houses so they're not immediately seen but they're still there. There is hope that some of the hotroot that families grew in their gardens might have survived and is still growing in the ruins.
Given the alternative is living with the weak hotroot they've had for the last few years they're going to chance the possibility of stirring up a few ghosts in hopes of finding some plants and seeds.
When:
I'm thinking Thursday 9th May at 1pm EST. If that's not good for people let me know.

Hullabaloo:
The Hullabaloo is a big otter party held every four years and it lasts all summer. It's not just Camp Willow any otter can come as everyone makes their way downstream to the western shore and parties the season away.
There will be contests! Fastest swimmer, strongest, best hotroot, biggest fish caught and probably some friendly competition between camps. If anyone has ideas of things to do put them on the forum here!
When:
My plan is July but there's no set date yet.

If you have ideas for other things for the camp to do please do suggest things and make an otter!

#3 2019-05-05 04:34:02 PM

oz

This all sounds fun smile I know some  Redwall  beasts are to visit Camp Willow very soon, maybe this week even as that's the first stop smile

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

#4 2019-05-07 11:01:38 AM

Sinway

Looks like sinway will be making another trip to the western shores, no way he can miss a hullabaloo

Last edited by Sinway (2019-05-07 11:04:39 AM)

Sinway Streampike- Brother of Redwall Abbey
Crevan- Good fox kit of Ferravale

#5 2019-06-16 08:32:16 AM

oz

Is Halloballo still happening and if so when?

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

#6 2019-06-16 01:53:44 PM

Karth Riverbark

I am curious as well...dont have an otter but might make one. I have a hare and an evil monitor

My spoofs:Atvi...and Alts=
Ewan Benjamin Delaney Tanner Mosswell Jahveri- LP Hare Fighter/Private and Residential Redwall Abbey Hare
Dearil-Archer/Fighter/Assassin in Blackrose

#7 2019-06-17 02:50:27 PM

Willow

The Hullabaloo is still happening! July is still the plan. I'm thinking the otters can leave Camp Willow Tuesday 2nd of July, arrive at the shore Thursday 4th of July and remain there until end of August.
I have some ideas on what to do while they're there and will add that when I've had a chance to write it up but all ideas are welcome and let me know if those dates are no good!

#8 2019-06-18 09:44:00 AM

Karth Riverbark

Guessing where the river moss meets the western shore for it?

My spoofs:Atvi...and Alts=
Ewan Benjamin Delaney Tanner Mosswell Jahveri- LP Hare Fighter/Private and Residential Redwall Abbey Hare
Dearil-Archer/Fighter/Assassin in Blackrose

#9 2019-06-18 12:11:04 PM

Willow

That does seem like the best place for it!

#10 2019-06-20 06:19:22 PM

Sinway

Sinway will be there

Sinway Streampike- Brother of Redwall Abbey
Crevan- Good fox kit of Ferravale

Board footer